Topic: Yamato WIP (image heavy)  (Read 9562 times)

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Yamato WIP (image heavy)
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2005, 08:05:17 am »
The SFC3 conversion is on my to-do list.  Have a couple other projects in front of it.  I'm kinda lazy right now.  :-D

Get unlazy or I'll take your rubber chicken and beat ya with it :whip: :whip:

*raises an eyebrow and looks at Antivyrus*  You dare assume you could wield the power of my rubber chickens?  *grabs a rubber chicken and smacks AV so hard he turns into Webster and ends up in Michael Jackson's playpen* 

EEEEEEEK !

:puke:
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2005, 06:19:51 pm »
The SFC3 conversion is on my to-do list.  Have a couple other projects in front of it.  I'm kinda lazy right now.  :-D

Get unlazy or I'll take your rubber chicken and beat ya with it :whip: :whip:

*raises an eyebrow and looks at Antivyrus*  You dare assume you could wield the power of my rubber chickens?  *grabs a rubber chicken and smacks AV so hard he turns into Webster and ends up in Michael Jackson's playpen* 

EEEEEEEK !

:puke:

Good, bad, sane, or nuts, I'm the one with the rubber chickens!!! 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2005, 02:49:26 pm »
*Moves in to defend AV* *Turns water valve to fill chickens with water* *Weight slows Diahak* *AV escapes*

Could I have a shot at the SFC3 conversion?

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2005, 03:39:30 pm »
*looks at Greenvalv's attempts to slow him down, laughs, but uses the water to take a shower and wash his rubber chickens, then walks through the water as if it was nothing*

I haven't gotten around to the SFC3 conversion yet.  Been lazy and also taking care of a few other projects as well.  Gotta remember what I need to do.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2005, 10:01:57 pm »
Bump

Any news on an SFC2-OP version?
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2005, 10:07:36 pm »
Bump!
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline DuctTapeWonder

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2005, 02:06:52 am »

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2005, 07:34:44 am »
Gentlemen:

To my knowlege Antivyrus will be back ....  eventually.  I have no idea when.  He does have (amoung other things) the final copies to his model.  It may be a while before we hear anything further on the release of this model.

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2005, 11:36:29 am »
Nice job on the Textures. but  I just really dont care for dubble hulled ships.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2005, 12:17:47 pm »
Nice job on the Textures. but  I just really dont care for dubble hulled ships.

originally AV was simply trying to redo the Yamato and give it a face lift....  he then asked me if I would do the textures.  The entire model is a remake  ( and AV did a VERY good job on the mesh and provided an EXCELLENT map for me to do textures on.

The USS Alabama ....  and the USS Iowa BB's are BB's that I have designed with a single secondary hull .. and hopefully will soon have a map to begin the texturing.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2005, 09:56:34 am »
hey AV ....

Did Diahak ever get the HP done on this ?   Should be getting ready for release since you now have the light maps done ..  (BTW..  excellent job on those)

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2005, 10:45:06 am »
Hey Buzz.

No, haven't done the SFC3 hardpointing yet.  I've been flying Island Wars.  Been getting my brains shot out across space and time.  When the camp is over, I intend to work on models again.  I have the Yamato still, so don't worry about it.  Just give me some time. 

Offline Centurus

• Captain
Yamato Hardpoint Update....
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2005, 07:53:37 pm »
The model has been outfitted with damage points, and I did my best to hardpoint her for SFC2/OP.  I'm working on the SFC3 version right now as we speak, and I'll create some crude break models as well.

One thing I realized just now, this ship doesn't have any lightmaps.  Buzz, AV, if you have any and can send them to me, please do so.  I'll need at least one of you to get hold of me anyway so I can send the ship when she's finished.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Yamato Hardpoint Update....
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2005, 07:53:21 am »
The model has been outfitted with damage points, and I did my best to hardpoint her for SFC2/OP.  I'm working on the SFC3 version right now as we speak, and I'll create some crude break models as well.

One thing I realized just now, this ship doesn't have any lightmaps.  Buzz, AV, if you have any and can send them to me, please do so.  I'll need at least one of you to get hold of me anyway so I can send the ship when she's finished.

Av has them ....

Thanks for getting this one ready for release.

The Alabama, Iowa, and SB-777 are getting close !  Right behind that will be the Klingon BB ....  and then the Titan (remake).

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2005, 03:05:15 pm »
I'm working on the SFC3 arcs right now.  As she stands now, she's got 14 phasers, most of them concentrated in the saucer area.  To end out her loadout, she's getting 10 photon torpedoes, 6 forward firing, 4 aft firing.  This should be interesting.  I'll upload the model to AV when I'm done with the SFC3 specs.  Buzz, when you can, if you can, IM me so I can also send the model to you.  You can even catch me during the weekend and late nights usually.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2005, 03:19:27 pm »
Any new WIP pics for us ????

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2005, 03:24:08 pm »
cool...

I have a couple more hours here at work ..  then we can take a look at what ever we need to help get this one wrapped up.

BTW...  

For OP I would suggest what ever the STD load-outs are for the BB.  (Just a thought).  If they are too top heavy no one will use them in a game.

Also ..  I plan on using the same one for the Alabama.  (Basically swap out the ship for the same hard points etc ...)  The Iowa is basically armed the same ...  but with stronger power reserves ... and better maneuverability  (but still not as fast or maneuverable as a DNH).  This keeps in step with the historical representation from which we designed the BB's in the first place.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2005, 04:18:34 pm »
The only reason I was able to do an SFC2/OP version of this bad girl here is because I took the model from SFC2/OP, positioned the old model on top of the new one, deleted the old model, and just moved a couple hardpoints/damage points around to make sure that none were floating off the mesh. 

The only liberties I have taken with the hardpointing of this model is where SFC3 is concerned.  I really don't know how to hardpoints for SFC2/OP.  That's best left up to those who know what they're doing.

Anyway, I do have a few beauty shots taken in Max. 

To further update my progress, SFC3 specs are done.  Just waiting on MP to give me a list of possible shipnames that were used for this class.  A readme file needs to be written up, break models I am going to make, nothing fancy, just simple, and the background story for the ship for SFC3, which I plan to take from the SFC2 manual I have.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2005, 04:26:35 pm »
Sorry, sneezing my brains and guts out right now.  Gotta hate allergies.  Anyway, I forgot to post the renders.  Here they are.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2005, 04:56:42 pm »
The only reason I was able to do an SFC2/OP version of this bad girl here is because I took the model from SFC2/OP, positioned the old model on top of the new one, deleted the old model, and just moved a couple hardpoints/damage points around to make sure that none were floating off the mesh. 

The only liberties I have taken with the hardpointing of this model is where SFC3 is concerned. 

Believe it or not ..   that probably works out just great then.  We can use the same HP's for the Alabama and Iowa.  The Iowa has a better warp core .. and a little better maneuverability ...

This is an easy "adjustment" for SFC-3.  I know you can do that as well.

Sooooo  looks like you may have just been volunteered to take of those two ships as well when they are available....

BTW...  who did those windows .... ECCH !  looks like they were assembled by a drunk they are so crooked !