Topic: Yamato WIP (image heavy)  (Read 9563 times)

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
Yamato WIP (image heavy)
« on: October 15, 2005, 04:18:36 pm »
here's the lates on the BB  USS Yamato.  About all that remains is the registry ...  and the light maps.  I should be able to get the registry done by late this PM ....  AT that time I will hand it off to AV who will do the light maps.

If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Yamato WIP (image heavy)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 04:27:19 pm »
Nice paint job.  :)
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 05:33:08 pm »
My only gripe is just pure preference, and that is the blue rim on the saucer; Although now even, I would've prefered it "centered" on the saucer's rim, rather than be at the bottom.  Still, you've done quite a good job, I like the textures.  I have a couple of questions, however:  First, will you keep the blank saucer textures or make alternate name-and-registry textures or...? *shrug* And second, considering there's no illuminations yet, will there be an SFC1 version?

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 08:22:43 pm »
It is a total improvement on the original model; it really looks super!

But could I ask for a favor?  If so, I'd like to ask definitely for a SFC1 version of this great model.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 08:36:53 pm »
My jaw would drop... but now it floats in space....

Could you save the blank textures for us retexture randomites to use? I'd like to have a hand at this one (if I have time :( )

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 09:01:15 pm »
I agree.   I would love to create a series of registries for this ship and pop them in game.

Oooohhh, that reminds me, I have to finish a few ships.  hehehehe  I've been lazy.

Buzz, you've done an incredible job.  I might just have to smack you over the head with a rubber chicken, kidnap you, and lock you away, making brand new textures for me ships.  MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 09:12:02 pm »
Thanks for the support guys ! 

The registries are well under way ... By this time tomorrow AV will be working on the light maps.  I will be giving him two sets of folders: one with the other without registries.  How it is released is entirely up to him.  We are also colaborating on another BB (TMP era) as well.

Hang with us a few more days guys !

Thanks

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 09:17:43 pm »
Sooo, I take it she won't be available for SFC1 then?  Not that it's the end of the world if it isn't, but will it be?

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 09:55:26 pm »
 :skeptic: :'( >:(

I suppose that depends the size and quality of your universe.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 10:05:25 pm »
Ok, who here knows about SFC1 models, aside from WZ?  Would be nice if this ship spanned all SFC games.  :-D
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2005, 10:24:44 pm »
It is a total improvement on the original model; it really looks super!

I totally agree.  I never liked the original, but this version looks great! 

Offline DuctTapeWonder

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2005, 10:31:35 pm »
Very nice indeed. Outstanding work Antivyrus & OlBuzzard. Can't wait to fill that 1 empty slot in my shiplist ;D

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2005, 11:16:04 pm »
believe or not this is the first time I'VE see the full ship textured super awsome job Buzz

:rockinband::singing:

if all goes well all 3 sfc will be supported and the release for each will include a blank texture set
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 11:31:37 pm by Antivyrus »

yochenhsieh

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2005, 10:56:28 am »
Ok, who here knows about SFC1 models, aside from WZ?  Would be nice if this ship spanned all SFC games.  :-D
Just don't add any illumination maps on the model nor break model, then it should work fine in SFC1.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2005, 01:55:50 pm »
Sooo, I take it she won't be available for SFC1 then?  Not that it's the end of the world if it isn't, but will it be?

I can convert it over to SFC 1 just as soon as it's released for SFC 2, if requested.  :)

Takes me literally two minutes in 3dsMax once it's loaded to have both main and break mods converted over.

Let me give you an example... I'll convert over one of the latest files uploaded to Battlecllinic and time it.  :D

(And it'll give someone a SFC 1 version of their ship as well).  ;)

Start time: 12:39pm MDT, going to look for a mesh now.
Decided to look for something TOS.
Found TOS Borg Cube : 1242

Title:     TOS era Borg Cube      
Author:    See description for credits (if known)
Size:    28.63 KB
SFC Versions:    EAW
OP
Date:    17-04-05    
Sample:    Enlarge
Downloads:    18    
Description:    Borg Cube

Genre: STAR TREK :
Era: TOS.
Nationality: BORG.
Type:CUBE.
Class:BoCA .
Ship Depicted: CUBE .
-------------------------
Original mesh by - Hollis J Wood.
Original Textures - Hollis J Wood

Loaded TOS Borg Cube in 3dsmax: 1246
Exported: 1247
Break mod imported: 1248
Break mod exported: 1250

And that's about it... :)

I'm attaching pix to show the difference.. the cube is backlit to show the illumination textures.

So, easy to do once the Yamato is released, and I wouldn't have trouble doing son.  :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 03:58:59 pm by atheorhaven »
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2005, 09:49:35 pm »
Consider it requested!!

Oh, the second image looks like totally, perfectly black and blank, to my screen!

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2005, 11:55:36 pm »
stupid question I know but do SFC1 ships need hardpoints?

if not I should have the first release ready Monday night

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2005, 12:35:07 am »
Yes, they do.  The only difference between SFC1 models and SFC2 models is that SFC1 models can't have illumination maps applied to them.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2005, 05:08:44 am »
wow..what an improvement.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2005, 07:35:56 am »
Thanks guys ...  AV now has two sets of files.  One with and one W/O registries ....  Oh ...  and Chris ....  I took your suggestion to heart ... the blue strip around the primary hull covers the entire "edge".

I hope we can do as good a job on the new BB that we are starting this week.

Thanks again for the encouragement and support.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2005, 11:37:43 am »
Now that's a ship !!!!!!!!! WOW great work Buzz  ;D.
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2005, 01:04:28 pm »
Thanks guys ...  AV now has two sets of files.  One with and one W/O registries ....  Oh ...  and Chris ....  I took your suggestion to heart ... the blue strip around the primary hull covers the entire "edge".

It was a preference/needless gripe, not a suggestion.  One I can live with had you not've done that.  Nevertheless, thanks. *shrug* Didn't matter a whole lot, but appreciative that it's for SFC1 too.  So I'd like to thank Antivyrus and OlBuzzard (and any others, incase I forgot) who worked on it.  May not be the best Battleship design--let alone one that is far from Starfleet lineage--but still, one I like and enjoy since I played around with it in KA and the SFC series.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 01:19:03 pm »

It was a preference/needless gripe, not a suggestion.  One I can live with had you not've done that.  Nevertheless, thanks. *shrug* Didn't matter a whole lot, but appreciative that it's for SFC1 too.  So I'd like to thank Antivyrus and OlBuzzard (and any others, incase I forgot) who worked on it.  May not be the best Battleship design--let alone one that is far from Starfleet lineage--but still, one I like and enjoy since I played around with it in KA and the SFC series.

Hey Chris ....

I understand and appreciate input bud.  I also understand that your input was not critical ...  BUT  ..  I DO review these comments and take to heart those things that have merit.  ( Sometimes those that may not can still be something to learn from ....  just a different perspective.)

AV and I will also be putting togeather another TMP BB that should be a little better concept.  It incorporates a wide bodied 2ndary hull that is essentially like a double wide ...  but still just a one piece hull.  Both shuttle bays are more typical in their location, though a tad different ( somewhat like the Mars class BB the OP plus model collection.)  I'm hoping that this new BB will be better in that the weapons will be better placed, more practical, and yet still have that "big guns ..  really big ship" feel to her.  (I'll start another thread in this project late tonight or tomorrow)

Again .. my thanks sir ... and to everyone.

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2005, 02:46:19 pm »
I kept saying I would, but didn't, I had a chat with Dark Drone and had recieved permission, but never got to it, and that's typical.  Well, I finally got to it, and I hope I did it right and no confusion is present after doing so.  I claimed I have an SFC1 port of a KA version of the stock FBB model (Yamato-class), and I do.  I just never got around to uploading it until now:

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock.php?id=2921

Full credit of porting it goes to Darkdrone, full credit of making the model by 14 Degrees East (Interplay).  Again, it's the second FBB in KA that's more detailed than the SFC stock version (which Antivyrus/Olbuzzard's project is based on), and is now for SFC1, thanks to DD for porting it.  I know some wanted it at least (forgot who), so I figured I'd upload it.  Just remember, I take zero credit for any involvement in the porting or tinkering of the model.

Although I was too late to doing so (as it was mainly for another reference for Antivyrus incase he wanted to make the KA version complete with two PH4 [Assault Phaser] canons/banks/etc.), I figured someone still wanted it, so I thought, "Why not?"  I wanted to get permission from DD first, so it took a while before I got permission (e-mail him if you want to verify it), and even more-so out of laziness.

However, if people feel it to be the wrong thing to do--to upload it still--then I apologize and will contact BC and request its removal.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2005, 03:47:44 pm »
Ya know Chris you bring up a valid point, from now on when I bash or port a ship I will make sure to include an SFC 1 version. Personally I prefer SFC II/OP, many people prefer SFC III, and we convert between the 2 games constantly. Yet there are still a few peeps that play SFC1 and I think the majority of us have forgotten that. It seems I have overlooked the game that first got me into this whole modeling experience and that ends now. Also I'll go back to the stuff I've already done and make sure they all have SFC 1 versions as well. ;D
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2005, 02:28:22 am »
Whenever I make my models, I always make them compatible with all versions of SFC1 (1 through 3).  Unfortunetly, I don't make them fully compatible with SFC3 as I lost some of the tools to fully create them (like hard point and UI hardpoint locations) but its not that hard to convert a model to be compatilble with SFC3.

Oh, by the way, I really like the improvements of the Yamato.  Much better then the stock ship.
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2005, 03:36:45 am »
I see then it's a good thing I've learned how to port ships for SFC 1, 2, and OP over to SFC3.  :-D  I think I might end up having to create my own to do list. 

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005, 08:27:58 am »
I use to have the tools to do SFC-OP ...  I have the Bass Master files complete with OP weapons.  But I no longer have the ship list editor for that.  SFC OP is a lot easier to do than SFC-3.

I can do textures ...  and I'm starting on meshes now  ( slowly ) ....  but I will just have to release what I have and let you gents port them to what ever game you want to.

BTW..  SB777 should be forth comming soon.  ( just have an issue with some nasty windows to get fixed.)

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2005, 11:03:32 am »
Since I don't know how to hardpoint the actual model for use in SFC2/OP or even SFC1, I hardpoint models for SFC3.  Writing up the specs these days is relatively easy for me.  It's just time consuming.  What would have been nice is if whoever was making that Core Edit program actually finished it.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2005, 11:24:19 am »
Since I don't know how to hardpoint the actual model for use in SFC2/OP or even SFC1, I hardpoint models for SFC3.  Writing up the specs these days is relatively easy for me.  It's just time consuming.  What would have been nice is if whoever was making that Core Edit program actually finished it.

OP is relatively easy to do the ship edit list on.  I use to have the program.  ( I think I lost it the last time we did our system upgrade.)

Doing the "hard points" from that I'm not sure how that is done ..  or if ya need 3d max to do it or not!

sorry !

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2005, 12:18:55 pm »
You can hardpoint the actual model in just about any 3D model program.  Lightwave, Maya, 3DS Max.  Just as long as you export the finished product to .mod format. 

I still have the ship edit, believe it or not.  I was able to use the one for SFC1 pretty damn well.  Just for SFC OP that I couldn't get.  It screwed up my game, and yeah, I did have that beta patch or whatever it was, to account for the X tech and such.

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2005, 07:25:57 pm »
Can't you just import the HP's from the original Yamato?
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2005, 11:14:32 pm »
Still have to rehardpoint her to some degree for SFC3.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2005, 03:55:47 pm »
I've been out of it for a while, how's it coming?

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2005, 03:59:07 pm »
The texturing is done.

AV has a copy of all of the files and has most of the light maps done too.  It should be ready soon.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2005, 04:25:22 pm »
The SFC3 conversion is on my to-do list.  Have a couple other projects in front of it.  I'm kinda lazy right now.  :-D

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2005, 09:25:45 pm »
The SFC3 conversion is on my to-do list.  Have a couple other projects in front of it.  I'm kinda lazy right now.  :-D

Get unlazy or I'll take your rubber chicken and beat ya with it :whip: :whip:

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2005, 10:38:04 pm »

oooooo !  That had to strike a nerve !

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2005, 11:35:47 pm »
gettin a little to kinky in heeyah for me
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2005, 06:01:00 am »

*raises an eyebrow and looks at Antivyrus*  You dare assume you could wield the power of my rubber chickens?  *grabs a rubber chicken and smacks AV so hard he turns into Webster and ends up in Michael Jackson's playpen* 

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2005, 08:05:17 am »

*raises an eyebrow and looks at Antivyrus*  You dare assume you could wield the power of my rubber chickens?  *grabs a rubber chicken and smacks AV so hard he turns into Webster and ends up in Michael Jackson's playpen* 

EEEEEEEK !

:puke:

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2005, 06:19:51 pm »

EEEEEEEK !

:puke:

Good, bad, sane, or nuts, I'm the one with the rubber chickens!!! 

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2005, 02:49:26 pm »
*Moves in to defend AV* *Turns water valve to fill chickens with water* *Weight slows Diahak* *AV escapes*

Could I have a shot at the SFC3 conversion?

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2005, 03:39:30 pm »
*looks at Greenvalv's attempts to slow him down, laughs, but uses the water to take a shower and wash his rubber chickens, then walks through the water as if it was nothing*

I haven't gotten around to the SFC3 conversion yet.  Been lazy and also taking care of a few other projects as well.  Gotta remember what I need to do.

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2005, 10:01:57 pm »
Bump

Any news on an SFC2-OP version?
Dawntreader Shipyard
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2005, 10:07:36 pm »
Bump!
Dawntreader Shipyard
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,

Offline DuctTapeWonder

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2005, 02:06:52 am »

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2005, 07:34:44 am »
Gentlemen:

To my knowlege Antivyrus will be back ....  eventually.  I have no idea when.  He does have (amoung other things) the final copies to his model.  It may be a while before we hear anything further on the release of this model.

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2005, 11:36:29 am »
Nice job on the Textures. but  I just really dont care for dubble hulled ships.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2005, 12:17:47 pm »
Nice job on the Textures. but  I just really dont care for dubble hulled ships.

originally AV was simply trying to redo the Yamato and give it a face lift....  he then asked me if I would do the textures.  The entire model is a remake  ( and AV did a VERY good job on the mesh and provided an EXCELLENT map for me to do textures on.

The USS Alabama ....  and the USS Iowa BB's are BB's that I have designed with a single secondary hull .. and hopefully will soon have a map to begin the texturing.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2005, 09:56:34 am »
hey AV ....

Did Diahak ever get the HP done on this ?   Should be getting ready for release since you now have the light maps done ..  (BTW..  excellent job on those)

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2005, 10:45:06 am »
Hey Buzz.

No, haven't done the SFC3 hardpointing yet.  I've been flying Island Wars.  Been getting my brains shot out across space and time.  When the camp is over, I intend to work on models again.  I have the Yamato still, so don't worry about it.  Just give me some time. 

Offline Centurus

• Captain
Yamato Hardpoint Update....
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2005, 07:53:37 pm »
The model has been outfitted with damage points, and I did my best to hardpoint her for SFC2/OP.  I'm working on the SFC3 version right now as we speak, and I'll create some crude break models as well.

One thing I realized just now, this ship doesn't have any lightmaps.  Buzz, AV, if you have any and can send them to me, please do so.  I'll need at least one of you to get hold of me anyway so I can send the ship when she's finished.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Yamato Hardpoint Update....
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2005, 07:53:21 am »
The model has been outfitted with damage points, and I did my best to hardpoint her for SFC2/OP.  I'm working on the SFC3 version right now as we speak, and I'll create some crude break models as well.

One thing I realized just now, this ship doesn't have any lightmaps.  Buzz, AV, if you have any and can send them to me, please do so.  I'll need at least one of you to get hold of me anyway so I can send the ship when she's finished.

Av has them ....

Thanks for getting this one ready for release.

The Alabama, Iowa, and SB-777 are getting close !  Right behind that will be the Klingon BB ....  and then the Titan (remake).

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2005, 03:05:15 pm »
I'm working on the SFC3 arcs right now.  As she stands now, she's got 14 phasers, most of them concentrated in the saucer area.  To end out her loadout, she's getting 10 photon torpedoes, 6 forward firing, 4 aft firing.  This should be interesting.  I'll upload the model to AV when I'm done with the SFC3 specs.  Buzz, when you can, if you can, IM me so I can also send the model to you.  You can even catch me during the weekend and late nights usually.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2005, 03:19:27 pm »
Any new WIP pics for us ????

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2005, 03:24:08 pm »
cool...

I have a couple more hours here at work ..  then we can take a look at what ever we need to help get this one wrapped up.

BTW...  

For OP I would suggest what ever the STD load-outs are for the BB.  (Just a thought).  If they are too top heavy no one will use them in a game.

Also ..  I plan on using the same one for the Alabama.  (Basically swap out the ship for the same hard points etc ...)  The Iowa is basically armed the same ...  but with stronger power reserves ... and better maneuverability  (but still not as fast or maneuverable as a DNH).  This keeps in step with the historical representation from which we designed the BB's in the first place.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2005, 04:18:34 pm »
The only reason I was able to do an SFC2/OP version of this bad girl here is because I took the model from SFC2/OP, positioned the old model on top of the new one, deleted the old model, and just moved a couple hardpoints/damage points around to make sure that none were floating off the mesh. 

The only liberties I have taken with the hardpointing of this model is where SFC3 is concerned.  I really don't know how to hardpoints for SFC2/OP.  That's best left up to those who know what they're doing.

Anyway, I do have a few beauty shots taken in Max. 

To further update my progress, SFC3 specs are done.  Just waiting on MP to give me a list of possible shipnames that were used for this class.  A readme file needs to be written up, break models I am going to make, nothing fancy, just simple, and the background story for the ship for SFC3, which I plan to take from the SFC2 manual I have.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2005, 04:26:35 pm »
Sorry, sneezing my brains and guts out right now.  Gotta hate allergies.  Anyway, I forgot to post the renders.  Here they are.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2005, 04:56:42 pm »
The only reason I was able to do an SFC2/OP version of this bad girl here is because I took the model from SFC2/OP, positioned the old model on top of the new one, deleted the old model, and just moved a couple hardpoints/damage points around to make sure that none were floating off the mesh. 

The only liberties I have taken with the hardpointing of this model is where SFC3 is concerned. 

Believe it or not ..   that probably works out just great then.  We can use the same HP's for the Alabama and Iowa.  The Iowa has a better warp core .. and a little better maneuverability ...

This is an easy "adjustment" for SFC-3.  I know you can do that as well.

Sooooo  looks like you may have just been volunteered to take of those two ships as well when they are available....

BTW...  who did those windows .... ECCH !  looks like they were assembled by a drunk they are so crooked !

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2005, 08:50:59 pm »
BTW... who did those windows .... ECCH ! looks like they were assembled by a drunk they are so crooked !
Go to the first post, you're guilty..... :police:

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2005, 11:27:22 pm »
BTW... who did those windows .... ECCH ! looks like they were assembled by a drunk they are so crooked !
Go to the first post, you're guilty..... :police:

LOL !

ya think !  ( sorry ....   old man at work ! ..  And he really hates doing windows)

:skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic:

:rofl:

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2005, 01:49:20 pm »
Do what all pure blooded American men do when it comes to windows.  Either hire someone to do it for you, make your kids do it to earn their allowance, or get the wife to do it. 

As for the SFC2/OP hardpointing for the Alabama and Iowa, I can try, but no promises as to if it'll work or not.  SFC3, No problem.  I can fit a maximum of 24 hardpoints onto the ship, and have any combination you want of primaries and heavies. 

Buzz, AV, who's got the readme file?

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2005, 02:01:30 pm »
AV has it !

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2005, 02:17:50 pm »
Ok.  Now, who has the Pepto?

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2005, 03:42:19 pm »
Ok, the break models are done.  Keep in mind they're crude break models.  Nothing fancy, but they do explode.  So, except for the readme file, everything this good to go with this ship. 

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2005, 02:16:07 pm »
CALLING AV AND BUZZ!!!  Need the readme so I can zip this baby up and send it to you guys.  I should be on MSN for the next several hours.  If you don't catch me, e-mail it or PM it to me.

Offline CaptainTombs

• Captain of Unity Shipyards and USS Luna
  • Lt.
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2005, 02:19:09 am »
for a tmp ship i actually like this one very sweet anyone know if the M I S S O U R I from KA has been done ?
Star Trek: Unity
"Recycling the Old to build the new ships of the Future"

Star Trek Unity (Fanfic with pictures)
Keep Credits where they belong

Sindell: One of the Anla-Shok has acted inappropriately and must be punished, perhaps even expelled.
G'Kar: What was his crime?
Sindell: Staying alive!
G'Kar: Curious. Until now, I hadn't known it was a crime.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2005, 07:46:45 am »
for a tmp ship i actually like this one very sweet anyone know if the M I S S O U R I from KA has been done ?

Actually I 'm doing one of a sister ship ..  the USS Iowa.  Dunno if it's what ya have in mind ..    but there is a WIP around here somewhere.

Texturing has already began on it. 

Offline Jaeih t`Radaik

• "I'm the unknown Commander, who makes the Empire look so good."
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Elements willing, we shall prevail!
    • Federation Starbase 23
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2005, 07:55:30 am »
BTE F9thCenturus! You've actually made that monstrosity look beautiful!

I think it's because you've smoothed off all the rough edges of the SFC/KA model, but those beauty shots leave me speechless!

:notworthy: :woot: :dance:
"I'm just observing. You know, making observations."
"Great. We'll stick a telescope in your head and put a dome over it, and we can call you an observatory."
Paris and Rory, from "The Gilmore Girls."

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2005, 11:37:44 am »

There's a couple of TMP Missouri's at Battleclinic and J.O.K.E.R. did a TNG version based on the Sovie.

-MP
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 02:17:00 pm by ModelsPlease »

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2005, 12:46:28 pm »
BTE F9thCenturus! You've actually made that monstrosity look beautiful!

I think it's because you've smoothed off all the rough edges of the SFC/KA model, but those beauty shots leave me speechless!

:notworthy: :woot: :dance:

It wasn't me that made the model or textures.  AV and Buzz are responsible for that.  I just hardpointed her for SFC2/OP and SFC3 and did a couple renders in Max.  Max tends to make even some of the ugliest ships look pretty damn good.

Offline CaptainTombs

• Lt.
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2005, 05:06:16 am »
Man just checked the Yamato at Battleclinc out all tho DD did and excellent job of porting it over this newer model kicks its ass, i love the design aswell

also not had any luck at battleclinic with the missouri and olbuzzard its not the one i can make out from your wip's

Sindell: One of the Anla-Shok has acted inappropriately and must be punished, perhaps even expelled.

Offline CaptainTombs

• Lt.
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2005, 05:19:58 am »
the ship im looking at is on this page

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~klingonacademy/forum/view.php?pg=ShipInfoFederation

under the yamato

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2005, 07:48:10 am »
Sorry ...  my bad ...

I just have a little different idea on BB's that's all. 

yochenhsieh

« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2005, 08:33:17 pm »
This is off topic, but, if anyone wants the Missouri,
You can found her at:
http://www.universeatwar.org/drs/Moonraker/sfc2/moonraker_sfc2.htm
or
http://www.nightsoft.net/moon_xl/

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2005, 01:04:18 am »
Heh ya know Buzz ya might wanna add the Missouri to your list of remakes  ;).

-MP

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2005, 07:47:18 am »
Heh ya know Buzz ya might wanna add the Missouri to your list of remakes  ;).

-MP

man ..   Moon Raker does good work.

OH ..   BTW...  I simply don't like the idea of using an oversized Miranda class with an add on for a BB design.  I know that the idea is that since the Miranda is considered  a "new heavy" ..   that the Missouri (which was in WWII designed after the Iowa class) might follow a similar design.

However ..  I simply disagree with that thought or frame of reference.  (sorry, nothing aimed at those who agree with that design of the Missouri).    The design I chose for the Iowa class should and could also be used for the Missouri.  AV is making one change on the placement of the deflector dish (I placed it recessed entirely too far back into the hull).  I have already started doing some of the textures on the rest of the hull for the Iowa.  If ya like I can find a registry for both the Iowa and one more  that would be close in succession, add a bit more detail in the texturing, and call it the Missouri  (just a thought)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2005, 11:52:14 am »
Though that's true of the WW II BB's this is Trek  ;). SO perhaps a revisit of the Missouri is in order. Just a matter of re-envisioning the design  ;). (Putting on thinking cap)  :P.

-MP

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2005, 12:03:51 pm »
OY ...  kids !

okie ... let me see what me ... you ... and AV can come up with.