Topic: WIP Chabot Refit....  (Read 23446 times)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: WIP Chabot Refit....
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2006, 05:32:04 pm »
Tinkering with them still so it will be a while...

Well there are things I would like to see changed I have no modelling program to do that with, but eventually might. Even if I do I will probably not release it, too many complaints and other thing happening with it.

Maybe I will post a pic or two when it is done either way i get to play with it in the game!
(hopfully if not released to the public at large it will make it into a few ppls hand that would like the ship for what it is)
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2006, 08:21:54 pm »
Looks good.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 01:04:19 am »
I've just seen the WIP images that GAFY sent me.  I cannot show them here, but not for the reason you may all be thinking.  I'm gonna make you guys suffer BIG TIME in waiting for this ship because, as she stands now, although still a WIP of her retexture, SHE'S F**KING HOT!!!!!  Enough to give any guy a stiffy!!!  I took one glance at these images and WOW!!!!  That's all I can say, WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!  I am not making this stuff up, she looks sexy right now.  This is my revenge, none of you can see how she looks UNTIL she's completely finshed.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2006, 05:49:01 am »
I'm glad I aint one of them ;D

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2006, 08:44:23 am »
This is my revenge, none of you can see how she looks UNTIL she's completely finshed.

Revenge of the Rubber Chicken ? I think I saw that movie.  :P

-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2006, 11:15:58 am »
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2006, 05:44:50 pm »
He got see them because of a discussion we had on MSN one night.

I make a appearence there about once a month usually late at night which tends to be just before he goes to work. easiest way not to get more work is to be busy on something else.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2006, 06:07:12 pm »
Ahhh, that would explain it.

Offline NannerSlug

• Master of the "Magic Photon"
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • SFC3.Net
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2006, 01:33:49 am »
With all due respect, I refuse to rename the ship.

You know, I would have thought that a simple request would have been honored. I guess not.

Can I do anything to stop it?

No. Again, it is nothing more than a model for a video game.

The attitude, though, is nausating to me at best.

For those who do not understand where I am coming from - I ask you to put your self in my shoes for a moment. There is a very good reason why I asked for a simple name change. This used to be a common, well understood practice among modelers and modders a like to honor.

No more. I suppose.

call it what you want to, but its not the chabot.

thanks.
"A Republican thinks every day is July 4th. A Democrat thinks every day is April 15th." - Ronald Reagan

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2006, 07:49:16 am »
Quoted from another thread ... which apparently also cost me another Karma reduction ....  (can't imagine who would do such a thing  ;)  )

To see this saddens .. but frankly does not surprise me.  It seems as though there is always the push for the "new" ... and push aside of the old.  Sometimes this is at the expense, wishes and desires of those who have already give so much.

I guess for me I will simply never quite understand the politics of this community  ( and often the politics of WHO is more important that WHAT has happened).

I am glad to see a resolution of sorts ...  Yet the fact remains of the "ego" factor that often over rides and openly ignores the simplest request of modelers, authors, artists and others around us  (all of course for the better good of the community).

It is my sincere hope that some day that will change.  Perhaps some day values that respect individuals which result in deeds of honor, rather than the drive of politics for manipulation and control will once again light our path.

All of us owe so much to so many.  What sort of price tag do we dare place upon respect and honor to those same individuals?

I submitt to you that to ignore such matters is to jeopardize a part of us that all of the wealth that man kind posses can not began to restore.

(I hope this is not taken as a rant ..  but rather a genuine plea)

thanks

If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2006, 08:41:09 am »
Gave it right back to both you and Nanner, Buz.

Regretfully, petulance rains supreme here at times.

Regards,
Fed, who appreciates the efforts of Buz, Nanner, and the others who keep the game alive.
The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2006, 09:12:26 am »
Gave it right back to both you and Nanner, Buz.

Regretfully, petulance rains supreme here at times.

Regards,
Fed, who appreciates the efforts of Buz, Nanner, and the others who keep the game alive.

Thanks bud ..

IMHO ...

I try to see things in a much larger picture.  There was a time when this community (several years ago) had an opportunity to impact the "TREK" community in a very positive way.  Without getting into a pissing contest over philosophy of "game play" (By that I mean SFB vs other types and styles of games) ...  I really believe that at one time that influence for the continuance and growth of Trek  was possible.  However, I have seen a number of things develop (not just recently ...  but over the last couple of years) that seriously brings into question if that would ever be possible now.  A very large part of that is the constant bickering, condemnation of game developers, and excessive damnation of what is "cannon" and what is not. 

So much of the matter is about attitude and respect.

Let's face it:  attitude, responsibility and respect are simply things that can not be legislated with any amount of regulations, rules or even law.  While it is true that law can attempt to regulate it is ultimately up to the individual to be of a willing mind to fulfil the "spirit" of the community.

Without it ....  what have we become ?

If this has gone a bit OT ..  I deeply apologise.  It just seems to be a part of a bigger picture here.

And for what ever it's worth ..   my son is also right that it's just a model ..  just a game .. and about having fun. 

But ...   are there not also other matters here that should be taken into consideration ?

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2006, 09:15:18 am »
Ok now I'm lost. Lemme see if I understand this..... Someone kitbashed a ship and named it after someone who plays SFC. Now Centaurus is honoring that with a new and far superior model that's true to the original design and people are upset ???? I must be missing something here. Heck if someone wanted to make a far superior model of one of my bashes ( and now someone is re-doing my Leyte Gulf with a far superior model and textures...coming soon.) I would be ecstatic, and am. As time goes bye and people get better at model making, even the one's we now consider "cutting edge" will in a few years be obsolete and we'll be redoing them as well. Reading the comments in this thread so far lead me to believe this isn't about the model, but the person's involved. I could be wrong on this notion but that's how I am percieving it. This Chabot refit is a great looking model, who wouldn't be proud to have their name on it ?

OK I'll shut up now lol
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2006, 10:40:05 am »
Ok now I'm lost. Lemme see if I understand this..... Someone kitbashed a ship and named it after someone who plays SFC. Now Centaurus is honoring that with a new and far superior model that's true to the original design and people are upset ???? I must be missing something here. Heck if someone wanted to make a far superior model of one of my bashes ( and now someone is re-doing my Leyte Gulf with a far superior model and textures...coming soon.) I would be ecstatic, and am. As time goes bye and people get better at model making, even the one's we now consider "cutting edge" will in a few years be obsolete and we'll be redoing them as well. Reading the comments in this thread so far lead me to believe this isn't about the model, but the person's involved. I could be wrong on this notion but that's how I am percieving it. This Chabot refit is a great looking model, who wouldn't be proud to have their name on it ?

OK I'll shut up now lol
-MP

Actually, you're probably right on the past point, it's not so much now that the project was done, but who had done it, me. 

I had wanted to avoid stating a few certain things, but now I have no choice.

Regardless what anyone thinks, this is cold, hard, fact.  Several people were already planning to redo the Chabot, regardless if I was involved or not.  The Chabot is a very well liked ship, but by today's standards, she's poorly built, and sooner or later, someone was going to redo her.  I know several people that were already coming up with ideas that would have eventually led to a ship that looked nothing like the Chabot, but they would have done it, and released it, with the name of Chabot, without ever knowing the background or why the original was built, and this would have pissed off a number of people, the entire 9th fleet being the bulk of those people.

I had a choice, either get involved and pretty much do it on my own, or not.  There was no preventing the project from being done, unless certain illegal and unethical actions were taken.  Use your imagination about that one.  So I did the project.  I knew there was no stopping it.  At the time when I started, I was the only member of the 9th with any kitbashing skills to speak of, and those members of the command staff in the fleet that asked me to take charge of this project knew it too.  I also believe they knew what I am about to say now:  If it had been someone else that had done this project, they would have done it without knowing why the original ship was built in the first place, and they wouldn't have cared.  I knew what the ship stood for, knew what it meant, and everyone knew that I would do my best to make sure that what I ended up with would be the best effort to try and honor that concept, that ideal.

With that, I took charge of this project, and in doing so, alienated people on several fronts.  I have received aggrivation over this ship far beyond the confines of this thread, and because of those early confrontations, my place within Outalance was placed in jeparody.  In the end, I don't regret it.  I had to make a choice, and if I had to make over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Cold, hard, fact: Sooner or later someone would have done it.  If it wasn't me, it would have been someone else.  Chances are that someone else wouldn't have understood what the ship stood for, and would have done whatever they pleased to the ship, turning it into a virtual monstrosity, and slapping the name Chabot on it, and be done with it.  I was a 9th officer, damned good one, and in essence, I was asked to make sure no one else would have turned the flagship of the 9th into a joke of a ship.  For better or worse, I did just that.  A friendship of mine was torn apart, but fortunately put back together again.  A few other friendships nearly met the same fate, all because I chose to take control of this project, and make sure that the end result wouldn't be something ugly.

Any and all changes that were made were made after days, and in some cases months, of thinking and consideration.  Even when some people were thinking about considering this ship to be the official Chabot, I said no, that this is a refit, and in no way intended to basically get rid of the original.  I still stand by this, still say that this is a REFIT, the Mark 2.

Again, I made a choice, and I would make it again in a heartbeat.

What I find very ammusing is that certain members of the 9th, both active and retired, who have publically shown outrage for this refit, have actually praised it in private.  Granted, this was before the WIP status was made public to the entire SFC modelling community.  And these same people knew then that what they were seeing were the early stages of an update to the Chabot, and they knew that this was going to be a Chabot refit.  It's ammusing that these same people now would bash the ship.  Go figure. 

I've gone through more aggrivation over this ship than anyone would even imagine, going against those individuals that wanted this ship redone so badly, and telling them that their ideas were not to be done because it would take away from the Chabot instead of adding to it.  But still, I keep going on, and this ship will be released, as the Mark 2 Chabot.  I've done too much, suffered too much, just to give in to peer pressure now.

To those to hate this ship, who oppose it, who think of it as disgraceful and disrespectful, keep this in mind: No one's forcing you to like it, and no one's forcing you to download it and use it.  Just with every other ship that has ever come our way, each one of us can use it, or not. 

As I have said repeatedly, I've gone through a lot of aggrivation over this ship, but I am going to see this ship released.  After that, my bashing days are over.  If ever I bash ships again, or make new ones, I will keep to myself.  After this ship has been released, I am going to disappear.

Those of you that hate my guts, and I know who you are too, you can tear away at me as much as you like.  Hell, you've already done so, not only over this ship, but over other issues as well.  I'm too old and my body too worn out to continue fighting after this ship is done.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2006, 11:40:07 am »
Centurus ..    could not have been more wrong if you had to be.  My son even asked ME not to mess with it.  It has nothing to do with a bash ..   if it were then a bash would be named something else (usually) ...  unless the refit is typically done by the original author.  I'm sure there have been exceptions but even then ...   those are at the approval of the original author.  (case in point when Alkimi did he bash on my "Defiant refit" ..  He did a sweet job I might add).

He has sentimental reasons for that decision and I respect it  ...  nothing more.  He also knows he can not "make" you to do anything.  If you take the time to actually read his response you would know that he was genuinely hoping that you would be kind enough to respect his wishes. 

This rant is totally unnecessary.  The request he made of you was MONTHS prior to this. Before the project was well under way.  To make such allegations ...  and with such an attitude is in deed disappointing.  I've seen some classic acts in my time ..  this is not one of them.  And before this turns any uglier ...   it is time step away.

I have said all that is needed. (More than I intended to).

This is the best effort I can make to help bring understanding to this matter.  My apologies to the community for failure on my part to properly communicate and find a resolution that is suitable.

Perhaps it is time for me to simply move on to other avenues.

Things change.  Some of us learn ...  and grow in wisdom and understanding ...  ( we still make mistakes ..   but we try to learn from them).  Perhaps for me the wisest thing to do is to simply stand down and let the next generation carry on.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2006, 12:24:10 pm »
Like I stated in an earlier posting I want to see it with Promie nacelles. (Out of curiosity)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2006, 01:20:38 pm »
I don't want to be placed in the middle either. I consider Buzz and Centaurus both good friends and have worked with both of you on many projects. I personally don't want to see either of you leave this community. And airing 9th fleet laundry here is uncalled for as well (all involved in that). Nanner said it best "It is just a model" Opinions were expressed, noted or ignored, people spoke their respective peace. Now everyone can chime in and add their $.02 cents here and cause further rifts in the community. Move the focus away from the model ..yada,yada yada. The fact remains, Centaurus is building a refit of a cool ship in homage to someone he respects in the 9th fleet of which he was a member at the time. Who are anyone of us to say "NO ya can't do that." If I want to rebash the Manitoba in honor of Mani ( an OutaLance Founder ) who is to say I can't ...other then perhaps Mani, or a Moonraker or a Knox81 or whoever I respect to that extent ? I WILL NOT be placed in the middle. I WILL NOT allow OutaLance to be a battleground. I RESPECT everyone's opinion in the is matter RIGHT OR WRONG. On a personal note I want this ship, not because of the 9th fleet or Chris Holmes ( who I have absolutely no idea who that is ) ,not because Centaurus built it, BUT because it's a KICK AZZ model. Plain and simple.

This is the last I'm gonna say on this matter.
Geez I've ranted twice in one day......broke my record of one rant which I set today.  :P
-MP

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2006, 01:34:59 pm »
Do what ever you want to.  (since that is what you insist on doing any way).

Oh and FW..    Just for the record ..  you asked my opinion on this model in a MSN conversation ..  yes .. that was a Looooooooooong time ago...  Like about a week before Diahak (Centurus) went to Nanner (then a member of the senior command staff of the 9th) .  Again this is to the best of my recollection.  Nanner requested that the project be renamed ...  that was the end of it (as far as I'm concerned).

BTW..   please note:  I stayed out of this entire thread until just recently.

As far as my son and I being at odds with the entire community ?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

oh my goodness ..   so let me get this straight:  just about any one can take all the cheap shots ..  or have disagreements with us ..  and that is cool ..   No big deal ..  if any thing it should be the two of us changing our minds ...

BUT ..   if either of us makes a simple request ..  ( and BTW..  that was where this actually started before it was EVER posted here) ..   then it is Nanner or me who is wrong,

I believe that is called politics ... 

and the politics of this matter is where the rub is.

I'm not angry ..    but frankly I have no desire to keep this up any longer.  I am tired of this.

It's no longer any fun.

farwell

Offline F9th0mega

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Constitution Class - The one, the Only, the BEST
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2006, 03:16:51 pm »

OK I'll shut up now lol
-MP
That about covered what i wanted to say :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 04:04:05 pm by F9th0mega »
Alternate universe:  Khan was banished for preserving the peace. The Genesis device was really a super weapon and kirk had planned to use it on the klingons. Chekov found the Botany Bay and khan hijakced and killed the evil reliant crew in an effort to destroy the genesis device.    Ahh i love it :D The alternate universe rocks.

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2006, 03:53:38 pm »
Omega I would suggest the post be removed please.

Thankyou Omega it is appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 04:28:02 pm by Sochin »