Topic: Ghosts of Starfleet Command  (Read 94906 times)

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
Re: Ghosts of Starfleet Command
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006, 02:33:31 pm »
Jeez, you dinosaurs paid $50 for SFCI?  ;D

$49.99, wiseguy!

And it was still worth every penny, or more for buck, since I paid a penny less!

In fact, as I was saying either in the OT or Modeling forums, using a lot of you guys'... past and present... models, especially lately John Stone's SFC Refit Spacedock and Ghost's Fleetdock 13's planet models and textures, it's like I've a totally new game!

I really didn't have much issue with Interplay's stock models, except for their Jupiter (looked like a Looney Tunes planet) and their Klingon freighters (... loved their Gorn CA... ), but wow, new models and textures have really made it visually shine!

Offline VelvetAcidChrist

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Psycho Kitty
    • Night Roar County Homebase
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 08:13:02 pm »
nice to see the shadows of the past again ^^
Dann sagt ihr: "Schau! The end is near now bitte face your final curtain."
Aber wir sind schlau, wir bleiben hier für die Gesichter, die empörten
Diese Geister singen schief und sind nicht einfach auszutreiben.

Enschuldigung ich sagte: "Wir sind gekommen um zu bleiben"
Wir gehn nich aber wenn wir gehn dann gehn wir ihn Scheiben

Offline KOTH-KieranXC, Ret.

• Spokesman, Punisher Industries
  • Lt. Commander
  • K-Fo, diehard SFCer and Taldrenite, est. 2000
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 08:59:46 pm »
Jeez, you dinosaurs paid $50 for SFCI?  ;D

$49.99, wiseguy!

And it was still worth every penny, or more for buck, since I paid a penny less!

In fact, as I was saying either in the OT or Modeling forums, using a lot of you guys'... past and present... models, especially lately John Stone's SFC Refit Spacedock and Ghost's Fleetdock 13's planet models and textures, it's like I've a totally new game!

I really didn't have much issue with Interplay's stock models, except for their Jupiter (looked like a Looney Tunes planet) and their Klingon freighters (... loved their Gorn CA... ), but wow, new models and textures have really made it visually shine!

I remember seeing ads for it in magazines and looking at the box when it came out, especially the small descriptions they had of the weapons loadouts of a few of the game's CAs'... I remember thinking to myself that I had no idea what 'phaser-1's were, or why Klingons/Romulans even had phasers, or what a Lyran or Hydran was... but it was a new Star Trek game, and it looked cool as hell, so there was no way I wasn't going to weasel that $49.99 of my mother's hard earned money out of her pocket for it. And the rest is history. ;D
"One minute to space doors."

"Are you just going to walk through them?"

"Calm yourself, Doctor."

Offline Fornax

• Ensign
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 07:51:12 pm »
I'm amazed by two things - first that I still have a valid login here and second, some of the old sites.

All the Starlance time spent playing - running the campaign for House Martok - many of those player names - Taldren, AfCub (another campaign) - heck, even the SG Campaign that I tried to help Talon run all those years ago.

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 04:16:09 pm »
I'm amazed by two things - first that I still have a valid login here and second, some of the old sites.

All the Starlance time spent playing - running the campaign for House Martok - many of those player names - Taldren, AfCub (another campaign) - heck, even the SG Campaign that I tried to help Talon run all those years ago.

Yup yup, the box at the top that says "Forever" means it.  If you come back in 20 years and Frey's still got the server up, you're good to go  :D
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline FPF-Thrain

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2007, 04:24:23 pm »
Komodo I have been lost for so long I thought people had forgotten me by now......heh.

....And Clarky, OMG! how have you been man?! way too long since you have been heard from! The only thing I want as a blast from the past is a reunion of the whole 9th. Too many folks to mention in one pass that's for sure!

I'm going to get my copy of OP from my son tonight to try my hand at piloting again.........which one is the 'fire' key again?

'Hail Gurthang! No lord or loyalty dost thou know, save the hand that wieldeth thee. From no blood wilt thou shrink. Wilt thou therefore take Túrin Turambar, wilt thou slay me swiftly?'
And from the blade rang a cold voice in answer: 'Yea, I will drink thy blood gladly, that so I may forget the blood of Beleg my master, and the blood of Brandir slain unjustly. I will slay thee swiftly.'

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 01:13:45 pm »
Komodo I have been lost for so long I thought people had forgotten me by now......heh.

....And Clarky, OMG! how have you been man?! way too long since you have been heard from! The only thing I want as a blast from the past is a reunion of the whole 9th.

The guys you and I remember ...  ABSOLUTELY !  If you remember I offered my place a couple of times .. or a place at Stockton Lake where we could camp out for a few days ! 

hmmm   I might have to bug one of my buds to bring a new Ranger Bass Boat along to "Demo" for a few days !

;D
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline TFO Ghost

• Ensign
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 06:09:00 pm »
Damn and i thought i was the only Ghost in Star Fleet :laugh:

Heavens Eagle

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2007, 09:28:37 pm »
Oh Heck!  I am still around     . . .  occasionally . . . . 

I almost never talk with any of the old crowd anymore.  Still catch Remus once in a while.  Atticbat and Pneumonic81 I still see around on ICQ.  Most of the other folks seem to have just faded away.

Offline Komodo

• Jack of all trades
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Just send me the bill...
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 07:55:05 pm »
OK... Where's that darned "Reply" button.... aha!

Hey- nice to see you both, Thrain & Buzz! It's been a long time! Glad to know you're still out & about :)

I've pretty well hung up my uniform for good, now. I haven't played more than twice over the last year, & can't even remember the last time I was online... I still like to snoop & see what's kicking now & then. It's good to know there's still a final frontier to visit with.

I been keeping pretty busy with one thing or another, if it's not keeping the car going (still got the old Caravan, Buzz lol), it's the house, or work, or the wife, or projects I've been pecking at for some time now.

I just want to say it was good times, fellas! You're the tops, and I'll always cherish the memories!
Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Offline Komodo

• Jack of all trades
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Just send me the bill...
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 07:08:36 pm »
OK... I was doing a little thinking tonight, & it hit me. There were some more forums available! I did a search, and sure enough, I found the last edition of Taldren forums, as follows.

The search results, starting Feb 10, 2003, to May 20, 2004-

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://forums.taldren.com/

Some are dead, some are the same thing. Be warned- it took about a minute for these pages to download, but once it got warmed up it got better.

ALSO!!!

I found in there the old Black 9 Forums for those interested. I see a post now & then about it, so here's a couple  pointers:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030413222325/208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=Black9General
http://web.archive.org/web/20030801152526/208.57.228.4/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=Black9General

I also found a link to a GameSpot page which has screenshots:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030417181942/www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/black9/screenindex.html

I'm sure there's more to be found if you go diving :) Have fun!!
Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Offline [RK] Castrin

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Order of the Empyrean Shield
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 07:35:44 pm »
How about a ghost in the flesh?

8)

p.s. nice links, always good to sweep out the cobwebs.
"Mr. Knowledge" -- Wildcard

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 09:07:33 pm »
How about a ghost in the flesh?

8)

p.s. nice links, always good to sweep out the cobwebs.

Man - must be the rye ... coulda sworn I saw a Castrin!

Now why do I have the lyrics to Castrin the Friendly Ghost going through my head???  ;D

Good t'see ya!
dave

Offline FireSoul

• Modder of shiplists
  • Lt. Commander
  • mew.
    • http://klingon.lostexiles.net/
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2007, 10:26:09 am »
Boo! 

Author: OP+ Mod
Maintainer: Coopace
Author: Fests+ for OP
Creator: SFC-OP Mini Updater
Maintainer: SFC-EAW for OP Campaigns
Kitbash: SFC2 models

Offline professorw5

• Ensign
Where are my posts?
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2007, 09:48:28 am »
I cannot find my posts where are they?

I am getting paranoid I can't find my post. 

If someone screwed with my posts then can you spell this word?

B------O-----Y------C-------O------T-------T

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2007, 10:49:14 am »
You have a problem with my posts then let me quoth Kyle Broflovski. 

Come down here (and censor me) you stinking aliens!

There were complaints about the posts in question.  Personally I found them pretty incoherent but they appeared to be mostly a series of personal attacks.  Personal attacks being against the forum rules of course.  Therefore the posts were removed from the public areas.  (Not by me but the removal was appropriate under the rules).

CUGS RULES! 

Here the rules are the Dynaverse rules and if you wish to keep posting here those are the rules you must follow.  If you don't like the rules then stay away. 

What is better a group of censoring nice guys or a group of free speech, free speaking assholes? That is easy it is the free speaking chazholes. 

Vulgarity is also out against the rules so remember to obey that rule as you have violated it here.

If you have a problem with what some one does a polite explanation of what you believe they did wrong is what you should be doing.  Attacking the individual rather than the action WILL get you in trouble here with permanent banning being the final solution.  We really prefer not to go that far but do when we must.

Hopefully you will review the rules and stick within them in the future.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2007, 10:50:53 am »
LOL, and Nem Post's while I move his thread. :D :D :D

We have got that teamwork thing down to a science Nem.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2007, 11:08:49 am »
Hopefully the "Professor" will get the hint on his posting style.  I really do prefer that people reform rather than be banned.  Ultimately it is his choice. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline odb

• Hemah
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2007, 06:55:24 am »
DAMM DUDE THIS THREAD MAKES MY HEAD HURT

Offline Verroc

• west coast mma
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • west coast mma