Topic: D7 Upgrade + Akyazi Class Perimeter Action Ship  (Read 9866 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
Re: D7 Upgrade + Akyazi Class Perimeter Action Ship
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2006, 11:30:01 pm »
WZ have you try making some pirate ship?, mostly the one we see on the op box?

Offline Core

• The oracle of doom and suffering in sight of the perfect future
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • the future of the federation is in it's diversity
    • Core Ships Gallery
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 08:06:48 am »
grate ships WZ ...

but id like to point to nacelles and pylon's they need to be better integrated...

i mean the pylons sit on the AM emitters themselves... that ain't right...
you could make that section regular ... remove the blue section and add a bit of a surfaces area for the pylon to stick on...
cos ATM the nacelles look like they are going to slide off the pylons any second...if it moved

i know SFC doesn't really care abut the lower side of the ship ...but still very cool ship

and I'm sure you already known that and took it under consideration....

And then their was a scream like no other in the universe

Core Ships Gallery - http://gallery80344.fotopic.net/

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 03:33:33 pm »
That's how it looks in the schematics, and the physical models I've seen, and all the other game renditions out there. It may not be 'right', but that's an issue to be taken up with the original design. I don't like the idea of running the pylons up into the bottom of the engine glow either, but, that's the way the ship was drawn.

I don't agree on the bottom of the ship not being worth the effort - SFC has multiple view angles, as do other games - not to mention the model programs. I give the same attention to the lower side of the ship that I do to the rest, otherwise the ship would simply come off looking halfassed. However, when there isn't much of a ship to work with in the first place, it kinda leaves me at a disadvantage. The Akyazi is a flat bottomed vessel that doesn't have much in the way of detail or physical depth. One can only do so much with a pancake.

---

I don't have much use for pirate ships and I doubt anyone else does either. I already had my fill of trying to update low texture, low detail stock models with newer renditions (the KA Klingons and SFC Andros). Trying to work with the stock pirate models isn't really worth the effort since most people just use them for target practice...and the designs aren't all that appealing.

---

As for the Akyazi viewports, that's the way the ship was drawn. Besides, windows are overrated...
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2006, 06:51:45 pm »
I don't like the idea of running the pylons up into the bottom of the engine glow either, but, that's the way the ship was drawn.

Then why'd you do it? That's why I've always liked your models... While they conform to the general principles of how their parent or comparable designs are implemented, your models have an aesthetical beauty all their own even tho they can be in some instances remarkably different. I wouldnt have expected this of you.

As for the Akyazi viewports, that's the way the ship was drawn. Besides, windows are overrated...

Well... You wouldnt catch me dead on a boat without a window. Heaven or Hell, I'm having windows installed in my coffin.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2006, 12:26:59 am »
You could ask "Why did I do it?" on all the canon ships I've made, too. There's things on the Defiant and Constitution that I would change, however, if I did change them, they wouldn't be their respective ships anymore. They would be variants or subclasses, which would somewhat negate the whole purpose of making the originals in the first place.

There's also the simple matter of if I had changed it from the original design, then others would be asking why I altered it. There's no way to avoid these kinds of criticisms and I'm not going to try. I wanted to make an Akyazi that was close to the schematics, and since it isn't my design, I didn't feel obligated to overhaul any of the possible problems. If I had, it wouldn't be the Akyazi and I may as well have made a whole new ship instead.

At any rate, the rim of the saucer is textured, as is the nacelle glow, so if anyone wants to add windows or replace the blue with hull paneling it's certainly not beyond the realm of feasibility.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2006, 06:29:10 am »
Hello WZ;
You could ask "Why did I do it?" on all the canon ships I've made, too. There's things on the Defiant and Constitution that I would change, however, if I did change them, they wouldn't be their respective ships anymore. They would be variants or subclasses, which would somewhat negate the whole purpose of making the originals in the first place.

There's also the simple matter of if I had changed it from the original design, then others would be asking why I altered it. There's no way to avoid these kinds of criticisms and I'm not going to try. I wanted to make an Akyazi that was close to the schematics, and since it isn't my design, I didn't feel obligated to overhaul any of the possible problems. If I had, it wouldn't be the Akyazi and I may as well have made a whole new ship instead.

At any rate, the rim of the saucer is textured, as is the nacelle glow, so if anyone wants to add windows or replace the blue with hull paneling it's certainly not beyond the realm of feasibility.

I'd love to see what changes you'd make in the Constitution class the more variants the better I believe. Take care and be well

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 09:09:05 am »
There's things on the Defiant and Constitution that I would change, however, if I did change them, they wouldn't be their respective ships anymore.

I agree with Bernard Guignard. I would be very interested in seeing what you have in mind for those ships.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2006, 09:15:40 pm »
Lol, I had to open my big mouth. haha.

Ok WZ, I think you just got a blank check.

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2006, 06:23:47 pm »
Everyone has different tastes.

IE I love the D7, but dislike the design of the Akyazi class, however they are BOTH very well done.

Anyway, now that he did the original which should satisfy the purists, there is room for varients and no one should be upset (correct)?
 ;)

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2006, 08:32:51 pm »
Well, maybe WZ has some on the backburner? Wicked, have you started anything yet?

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2006, 12:03:38 pm »
WZ: what about a early Klingon Bop?, one before st3, like a prototype of the ship from early tmp era or late tos?

something cool  ;D

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2006, 12:15:22 pm »
WZ, I'll ask you the same question as I asked Adonis: Will you also be making the Akula varient of the Akyazi?

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2006, 12:42:28 pm »
I know that MP - TUS and P81 have made the Akyazi mod, i think its available at: www.freewebs.com/manitobashipyards/index.htm

but its hard to find anything there, so i can zip it and send it to you.

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2006, 01:01:45 pm »
I know that MP - TUS and P81 have made the Akyazi mod, i think its available at: www.freewebs.com/manitobashipyards/index.htm

Oh, thank you, but I allready have it. I was just curious if WZ would be doing one as well. Can never have too many varients! ;D

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2006, 02:33:41 pm »
WZ:  i discover 2 dead link at your web site in the romulan section, the vengeance hack and the melak, when you fix them can you tell me so i can download them?

thanks

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2006, 03:49:24 pm »

My 2 versions are over at OutaLance as well  ;)

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2006, 04:44:03 pm »
give the link so i can get them :)