Topic: BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.  (Read 40845 times)

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
Re: BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2007, 08:12:09 pm »
If your take is that this episode mimic an original, dont forget that the last flight of the original Starbuck, he went down and was left behind by the fleet.

I was surprised at myself when they showed her go down.  My reaction was more like "Bummer, they could have used that Viper."  She really has been more a useless villain than a hero.
Engaging the precious snowflakes of the world.

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2007, 07:30:30 am »
If your take is that this episode mimic an original, dont forget that the last flight of the original Starbuck, he went down and was left behind by the fleet.

I was surprised at myself when they showed her go down.  My reaction was more like "Bummer, they could have used that Viper."  She really has been more a useless villain than a hero.

Actually, they changed that.  In the original version from Battlestar Galactica, Starbuck repaired the cylon that crashed with him, they became friends and after repairing the Cylon ship, they flew it back to Galactica using the "wing wobble" thing to clue Galactica of who it was(they've already used this plot line, to a point, when our own Starbuck flew the cylon back to Galactica).  It wasn't until Galactica 1980 that they changed this plot line to say that Starbuck never made it back, but sent his son or something of the like. 

It is also of note that the movie "Enemy Mine" with Dennis Quaid and Louis Gossett, Jr. basically stole the whole plot of a human and an alien who are bitter enemies becoming marooned on a planet and becoming friends.
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."

Offline Bartok

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2007, 08:20:59 am »
While I don't remember the original Ship of LIghts episode I like what I'm hearing ... sounds plausible, wasn't Starbucks Mom a POW? or she was just in the war.... hmmmm...

Honestly though, it seems too early to be finding out who one of the final 5 are, maybe I'm wrong...  they've fooled us b4, my vote is for Mr. Gaeta to be a Cylon...

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2007, 10:40:48 pm »
...my vote is for Mr. Gaeta to be a Cylon.

Why's that?
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2007, 11:08:04 pm »
While I don't remember the original Ship of LIghts episode I like what I'm hearing ... sounds plausible, wasn't Starbucks Mom a POW? or she was just in the war.... hmmmm...

Honestly though, it seems too early to be finding out who one of the final 5 are, maybe I'm wrong...  they've fooled us b4, my vote is for Mr. Gaeta to be a Cylon...

14.) "War of the Gods, Part I" Several Viper patrols disappear, including one with Bojay and Jolly, while ghostly lights harass the Colonial fleet. And on a barren world, Apollo, Starbuck and Sheba encounter the mysterious Count Iblis, the lone survivor of a large spaceship crash. Iblis promises salvation for the fleet -- at an extreme price. Meanwhile, Sheba finds herself romantically drawn to Iblis, while Apollo, Adama, Tigh and Starbuck see Iblis as a growing threat -- and one which the desperate fleet is willing to embrace. (Note: This is the first appearance of the Triad game.)

15.) "War of the Gods, Part II" Count Iblis's influence over the entire Colonial fleet--and particularly Sheba--grows as he works miracles, including the delivery of the traitor Baltar to the Council of the Twelve. Adama, Tigh, Apollo and Starbuck seek to uncover the truth about Count Iblis. And the Ships of Light/Beings of Light are revealed -- and coordinates to Earth are given to Sheba, Starbuck and Apollo.

This episode featured the famous "cloven feet" within the wreckage of Iblis's ship. This is what Sheba, Apollo and Starbuck uncover in the wreckage. The props were created, but the footage was never aired. It was known that this crashed spaceship was not the battlestar Pegasus. In fact, Commander Cain and the Pegasus was under consideration to return in the second season, had it taken place.

Also note: While coordinates to "Earth" are provided by the Ship of Light/Beings of Light, it has been conjectured that they were, in fact, leading the Colonials to the planet Terra. (Terra = Earth.) We know the Beings of Light need Colonial help, as witnessed in the episode, "Experiment in Terra."

20.) "Experiment in Terra" Apollo is chosen by the Ship of Lights/Beings of Light to perform a mission to save the planet Terra (discussed in "Greetings from Earth") from the Terran faction, the Eastern Alliance.

18.) "Greetings from Earth" (a telemovie which contains both Parts I and II together) An alien spacecraft is discovered by Starbuck and Apollo on patrol. It contains six human fugitives in suspended animation--possibly from the planet Earth. Tension amongst the fleet at the prospects of brethren from Earth rises. In time, the humans are revealed to be from Terra, a Colonial-like world. They are journeying to Paradeen (a nearby colony world) to escape the threat of the Eastern Alliance, a Terran faction with a ruthlessness akin to the Cylons. Starbuck, Cassiopeia and Apollo finish the journey with the Terrans, hoping to find clues to the location of Earth. But the Eastern Alliance pursues the ship to Paradeen, where more troubles ensue.

Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2007, 05:05:01 am »
SB will wake up in a cylon jelly tank... Cuz that cylon heavy raider WAS in the clouds all along. If you follow the editing they were careful to only show that cylon heavy raider from SB's Viper... making you think it's in her mind, except that brief third person glimpse of it from outside Apollo's Viper...  :o

So that heavy raider swings round, (yeah somehow she ejected cuz you saw her fiddling with the ejection handle despite her canopy being closed when she blew up) and it scoops her up and jumps away to the nearest base star, do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars.

But the only part you're gonna see is her waking up in the jelly tank surrounded by toasters...  :P

Offline Bartok

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2007, 09:05:58 am »
...my vote is for Mr. Gaeta to be a Cylon.

Why's that?

I don't know exactly - mostly a hunch.  His role on new New Caprica for instance, while he was called to task and almost spaced with the rest of the traitors, something in hist story is as yet uncovered I think.  Also - Starbuck SEEMS to be the one and it may be, which would be a BIG step for the story.  I just know that they've had us going down one track and given us whiplash b4

Nice background on the old series Dax  :thumbsup: - I think i may have to search for the old episodes on Netflix!?  wonder if they're there...

However it works out, indisputably the best drama on TV (.) PERIOD!

A pal of mine who doesn't have cable JUST started watching.  I lent him Season 1 and he's almost done, I've got 2.0 but not 2.5 on DVD so he'll see the first half of season 2 at least. 

Cheers to All!

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2007, 11:22:42 am »
For those who don't have Cable (Like Me) but have the Internet. Go to this link.http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

Scroll down to BSG. They have seasons 1, 2, and so far all of season 3.  ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2007, 09:48:09 pm »
I saw the episode this weekend.

Can we have an episode where Lee doesnt try to stick it to Adama?
I must say however that I was surprised by the ending regarding the message to Baltar.  That lawyer *is definitely* committed.
Engaging the precious snowflakes of the world.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2007, 04:14:02 am »
Code: [Select]
Can we have an episode where Lee doesnt try to stick it to Adama?
Have to agree there. It's getting Old......At least go 2 weeks with out Lee trying to screw Adama ;D

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2007, 12:28:06 pm »
Um, guys, Lee's not 'sticking it' to the old man.  He's doing that with Anders as part of their grieving over Starbuck.  Oh, you meant the metaphorical 'sticking it' and not the physical act.  Sorry.

You know, I'm thinking the old man is just getting what he deserves after the way he's treated Lee.  I mean, c'mon here, when Lee was all fat and jumping rope to lose weight, Lee reached out to his old man for a bit of encouragement and support.  What did he get?  A gruff slap in the face with the line "keep jumping".  The old man just slaps him around, treats him like a pansy-ass nitwit.  Of course Lee is going to shove it back in his face. 

Adama fraking nearly lost his ship.  It was only Lee jumping in and sacrificing the Pegasus to take out three basestars that saved the Galactica and his father.  By the gods, how many fraking basestars has Adama taken out?  Lee's taken out at least FOUR while in command of the Pegasus! What happens after Lee saves his father's butt from the cylons?  Adama DEMOTES him to "Major" and puts him in as CAG.  What the hell!  He should have retained his rank as Commander and been appointed as Galactica's CO while Adama takes formal command of the FLEET as its Admiral.  THAT would have made sense!  No, Adama has to be the big man and won't give up his ship, so his son gets shafted (and not in the way that Anders does it, which makes Lee smile and moan). 

*sigh*

</snark>
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2007, 12:26:24 pm »
Spoilers below guys...

* The fleet realizes the Cylons are somehow following it to Earth.

* Tigh talks to Six about it, but their conversation (thanks to Six’s Inner Gaius) turns into a fistfight.

* Anastasia Dualla leaves Lee Adama over Lee’s defense of Baltar.

* Apparently a cult has risen in the fleet identifying Baltar as a prophet of some kind.

* Baltar is not prosecuted for his role in the destruction of the 12 colonies due to lack of hard evidence. He will be tried only for his New Caprica actions.

* Kara’s widower is now training beside Seelix as a pilot.

* The fate of Ellen Tigh comes up in Baltar’s trial.

* Lee and Bill Adama each ask the other to excuse themselves from their roles in Baltar’s trial. The argument escalates until Lee quits the colonial military!

* Roslin dreams of the place Baltar and Six visited on Kobol. Hera is there, and Six and Sharon and Baltar and the Final Five. And it turns out Roslin, Sharon and Six were all having the same dream simultaneously.

* On the stand, Roslin admits she’s back to doing Kamala, because her cancer has returned.

* Gaeta lies on the stand. He says Baltar never protested when the Cylons told him to sign execution orders.

* Lee proves himself every inch Joseph Adama’s grandson. There is a not-guilty verdict in Baltar’s trial.

* Saul Tigh, Galen Tyrol, Sam Anders and Tory Foster (Roslin’s aide) start hearing low, distracting music a lot of the others don’t hear. Are they four of the Final Five?? (And the music appears to be – GET THIS - Bob Dylan’s “All Along the Watchtower”!!! How!! But!! WHAT!!!!)

* Anders and Tory have a make-out session.

* Adama tells an unhappy Roslin it was his swing vote that freed Baltar.

* Right after the verdict, the Cylons attack! The entire fleet loses power!

* Baltar’s cult whisks him away to safety,

* Tigh, Tyrol, Anders and Foster are all independently driven by the Dylan tune to the same launch tube. All four are horrified to come to the conclusion that they’ve all always been Cylons!

* The lights come on. Everyone is ordered to battle stations. Tigh, Tyrol and Anders scramble to their posts.

* Lee too is back in uniform and notices an unidentified craft on the DRADIS. When he investigates, he finds Kara in her viper. She says she’s been to Earth and can show them the way.

10 p.m. Sunday. SciFi.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31923

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2007, 08:05:41 am »
* Lee too is back in uniform and notices an unidentified craft on the DRADIS. When he investigates, he finds Kara in her viper. She says she’s been to Earth and can show them the way.

Say What!!!! :o ;D

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2007, 10:06:34 pm »
The problem I have with this is that we watched starbuck's viper blow apart. That's going to take some 'splainin' lucy as to why she's back in a viper, unless she's going to be Lee's version of the phantom heavy cylon ship. Then again, she showed up on his dradis.... :huh:
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2007, 03:23:14 am »
WooT ty stephen for that link.  ;D ;D

Ya i watched it this weekend too.

But you did miss something else for your spoilers.   look at the way the space is where apollo sees starbuck at.  ;)

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2007, 10:51:27 am »
I still say they aren't Cylons, that's a big red herring. They jumped to that conclusion because they don't understand what's going on and if you don't understand something you must be a Cylon. Besides there are two big reasons why they are not.

1) Forget the mysticism, Tigh has been around since before cylons had even evolved as they call it into human form by Six's own statements.

2) If Tyrol is a cylon then his son is a cylon human hybrid like Hera, I really don't think the writers intend this so they are going to need to explain it a different way.

This may sound stupid but, the religion in this series is more than just a religion like it was in the original. The gods in this series actually existed I think. That said think of this. What if the four are not cylons but in fact the reincarnation of four of the gods? Not the right group of gods but Odin I believe had only one eye.  : )

Or perhaps they just have good hearing and are so close to earth they're hearing radio signals that have escaped into space.

Oh and WTF is with the break until 2008? I don't want to wait nine f'ing months to see the next episode. Whose stupid ass idea was this?
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2007, 12:02:01 pm »
My frist reaction:  NINE FRACKING MONTHS?!  HOW FRACKING DARE YOU DO THIS TO US?

I too do not believe that the four are cylons.  I believe they might very well be avatars of a sort, for four of the colonial gods.  Look at the sacrifices each of them have made, the leadership they have shown.  Tigh took the hard road during the occupation, ordering suicide bombers and even killing his own wife when she was revealed as a traitor.  Tyrol helped lead the resistance, and helped prepare the suicide bombers, suffering the near loss of his wife and risking the life of his young son in the process.  Anders also led the resistance, and lost his wife Starbuck first to the mental manipulations of the cylons and then physically to the events of Maelstrom.  Tory (not sure of spelling) was also a leader of the resistance, providing valuable assistance to Roslyn every step of the way.  She was the one who organized the evacuation, making sure everyone knew which ship to head to when the time came.  She gave up any semblance of a normal life to stay at Roslyn's side (even going so far as to rig an election in Roslyn's favor). 

I think they, along with Starbuck are the ones that will lead the way to Earth...

Oh, and I've long said that Maelstrom was the equivalent of the Ship of Lights from the original...
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2007, 01:14:54 pm »
IIRC they've only ordered 13 episodes for season 4 so I guess their putting them where they think they can pick up the most viewers although I think for a show like this summer is better because of the lack of competition.

I agree, I doubt the four are Cylons, the Ship of Lights scenario is more likely.  Roslin, however, is a different story...
Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.  – John Adams (1814)

www.lp.org

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2007, 05:27:09 pm »
OK....but if they are four of the other cylons...does that make Bob Dylan the fifth, or Jimi Hendrix??   ;)
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2007, 07:26:49 pm »
OK....but if they are four of the other cylons...does that make Bob Dylan the fifth, or Jimi Hendrix??   ;)

No, they're gods.  :D
Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.  – John Adams (1814)

www.lp.org