Topic: BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.  (Read 40741 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.
« on: October 06, 2006, 08:28:14 pm »
I really figured Either Judge or Bear would have the thread made already... Slackers...  ;D

Anyway, even the first five minuts had me going, all the time I'm thinking There is now way that Starbuck is going to be a kept women, no way at all, and when she decided to act, man did she ever. That's the ruthless Gal I've came to know and love.

The Insurgents are a good storyline so far, and seeing Sloan standing up like a man for once,well It's about time that one eyed bugger did something right.

Stephen

Edit, your right Judge, My bad on thinking it was 2.5
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 11:50:43 am by Stephen NCC -73070 »
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
Re: BSG season 2.5 spoilers thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 12:42:17 am »
It's season Three now, Stephen. 

I guess we should just post about BSG here...it fits best as compared to the other two threads tonight.  The Leoben/Starbuck scenes are just downright creepy.  Starbuck shanking Leoben is just right...and I love the fact that she's killed him five times so far...and then he pulls the mind-frack on her with the little girl.  Robert was screaming at the screen for her to kill her (considering he's so liberal he makes me look conservative that's saying something). 

I was waiting for the whole suicide bomber scenes to reach a moral judgment by the show's writers and I was so pleased that they DIDN'T fall into that trap.  Tigh loved using them, and Roslin slapped him for doing it (both literally and metaphorically).  Tigh's line about sometimes thinking she had ice water in her veins and other times she's a mushy bleeding heart was classic (especially when you consider it was Tigh who plotted to help her steal the election last year and failed). 

I loved that Galactica Boomer is now married to Helo and that Helo is now the XO of Galactica.  Her storyline has been something I've loved to watch...and I can't wait to see how she reacts when she learns her daughter is alive and well and that Adama helped hide the baby, letting Boomer think she'd died in childbirth.  She's back in uniform of the Colonies for now...but how long will that last when she finds her child?

Another thing I enjoyed was Elen Tigh's story line and her fracking a Cavil model for husband only to be led into a trap.  Just proves the Cylons arent' totally inept at managing humanity. 

As far as Lee Adama's fat suit...the sooner it's gone, the better because I like the eye candy that he's been up to now...but it's a good plot device (and looks damn real).  Having him lead the Pegasus in search of Earth while his father goes back for the rest of humanity was a good storyline plot development that I'll enjoy seeing play out.

So many little moments, and scenes, like Roslin's heart-to-heart with Zarek and Zarek wishing she'd succeeded in stealing the election was just wonderful.  Ii can't wait for next week...
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Bartok

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 12:50:06 am »
And how about Caprica 6 gettin a cap in the head....

seems the Cylons are becoming more and more like us ... I guess that cylon on cylon violence might also escalate...... the character development / arc is unsurpassed.....

Was also pleasantly surprised when it didn't wrap up in 1 hour and went a full 2  ;D  I haven't been following the blogs too closely, it might've been mentioned that it was going to be 2 hours but I didn't know in advance.... pleasant surprise

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 11:45:47 am »

seems the Cylons are becoming more and more like us ... I guess that cylon on cylon violence might also escalate...... the character development / arc is unsurpassed.....

Was also pleasantly surprised when it didn't wrap up in 1 hour and went a full 2  ;D  I haven't been following the blogs too closely, it might've been mentioned that it was going to be 2 hours but I didn't know in advance.... pleasant surprise

Yeah, they decided to show the first two episodes together instead of splitting them up.  The bad news is they aren't adding an extra episode to the season...but that's okay I guess. 

Another bit of news is that they aren't breaking this season up like they normally do nowadays.  There will be no mid-season break.  All of this season will be shown, a new episode each week, over the next twenty weeks. 

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 03:00:35 pm »

Yeah, they decided to show the first two episodes together instead of splitting them up.  The bad news is they aren't adding an extra episode to the season...but that's okay I guess. 

Another bit of news is that they aren't breaking this season up like they normally do nowadays.  There will be no mid-season break.  All of this season will be shown, a new episode each week, over the next twenty weeks. 

Thank god, hated that.

Did anyone else watch the webisodes? It helps alot to understand Duck. Such a great guy, totally destroyed by the violence around him.

And Jammer...poor Jammer. The kid just can't seem to do anything "right" in anyones eyes but his own. It's obvious that's weighing heavily.

So, taking bets, where'd the firefight Callie heard come from? Boomer's group, or Roslin's group? I'll stay out of it for now.
I believe this belongs to you. -Commander Sheehan to Imperial Captain Smithy
"Wedge, it's amazing how deceptive you can be without actually lying." -Tycho Celchu

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
Re: BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 03:17:42 pm »
Given the size o a planet I'd have to say Roslin's group but...
There has to be something else. (Like they'll kill her now)
I'd go with the firing squad either got ambushed or into a firefight with the NCP members.

Anyone else laugh at the "Fat Ass" comment?
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 03:48:43 pm »
loved it!!!

here be spoilers!

my guess (i say more than guess) that the shots heard were NOT cylon. the sound effect thet used was not the cylon arm-gun sound heard in the first two seasons. i would say that jammer(with the possibility of jammer and the presidents aide) set up a double cross. did you notice that the ncp guys took off running just before the cylons started marching up? also the rate of fire wasn't an even steady firing but chaotic and random like a group of humans firing. so, like i said, it wasn't the cylons firing but the cylons being double crossed and rosalyn's group actually being saved. there is an odd chance that it is the boomer group that we hear but i doubt it. we know that tigh's wife gave the plans and the map to the cylons and i am sure that they have something special planned for us viewers on that groups outcome.

i loved the fat-ass joke! they really did up the adama being soft bit. he is soooo ugly fat!

starbuck is just setting up leobon for a fall.

the webisodes are great. anyone know if they were public domain or not because i could upload them for everyone if need be ;)

mr. president...i want you sooooooo dead! you mutha fraking traitor!!!

cant wait for the rest of the season. whoo hoo!!!
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 03:55:02 pm »
I don't think the webepsidoes are public. ~ In any event I know they were not available for outside of the US.
They (obviously) weren't hard to track down. But from what I've heard they seem to be asking youtube etc to take them
down. Of cours they keep showing up so I assume for some reaosn youtube etc aren't blocking them completely.

762_XC

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 11:49:51 am »
One aspect that has me chuckling is, what's going to happen to Baltar when they pick up and leave New Caprica?

Sitting in a high chair on a base star I suppose.  ;D

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 12:04:58 pm »
It's either got to be that he's a Cylon (which will be one of the biggest TV stupidities ever)
or he's done something like set up an ambush of the execution squad.

Or maybe he will be sitting in a high chair (don't knock it) surrounded by a ship full of Sixes..

762_XC

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 12:25:21 pm »
Making him a cylon would be jumping the biggest shark in the universe. That would be colossally dumb.

Anywho, my two favorite scenes:

Boomer getting re-commissioned (well I guess for that model it was the first time). It stretched the limits of suspension of disbelief, that her relationship with Adama could have thawed to that point, but there was something gratifying seeing her in uniform again. And yes, what happens when/if she finds the baby will be explosive, as well as Maya's reaction when she finds out the baby is half cylon.

The Roslin/Zarek scene. Those two have such a complex relationship, sometimes friends, sometimes enemies, that every meeting between them is a fascinating development.

Best line: "Frak you Sharon, you frakked up toaster!" LOL

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 12:36:14 pm »
I think the Sharon being recommissioned storyline is the one that suffered the most from the 'jump' forward of a year.  Adama was pretty angry with her (for damn good reasons) all second season, but there were hints of his softening.  First of all, he sees her as a person with certain rights, even if she was a cylon.  Remember when the Pegasus officer tried to rape her?  He wasn't as pissed at Tyrol and Helo for saving her from being raped as he was at Cain trying to execute them.  Even then, Sharon wasn't just a toaster to be treated any way people wanted. 

Also, Adama didn't quite like participating in the hiding of her baby. 

In this season, did you notice that he went to her to talk about the situation and get her advice?  That was clue #1 how serious the change was.  Clue #2, the door to her cell was left open.  She wasn't being watched by guards whlie she was talking to Adama, he trusted her enough to sit and drink tea with her while discussing things he would not discuss with his own son.  Also, look at the background behind him.  A plain, barren cell has been turned into some pretty comfy quarters with nice furniture and everything.

Finally, he allowed his Executive Officer, Karl G. Agathon, to marry her. 

There must be a lot of back-story there.  With his son not on the ship, losing his edge, his best crewmembers (Tyrol, Starbuck, Dualla) either on the planet or the Pegasus, who else did he have to turn to for heart-to-heart talks?  Boomer has obviously filled that role over the last year, and maybe, just maybe, he believes he's learned enough about her from regular talks over the course of that year that he can now trust her on this mission.  Notice, he's learned a lot more about cylon capabilities too, as did Starbuck from her talk with Sharon.  Another factor was the talk itself.  Notice Boomer's comment about having to reconcile herself to her betrayal of her people.  Reconciling to a single act isn't exactly easy, but it is not all that hard.  Reconciling yourself to a lifetime of betrayal is much harder, and that's maybe what Boomer has had to do...

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 12:47:36 pm »
I think there are a few things missing- I assume "flashbacks" are on order.
Like- what happened with the Cylons? Obviously not everything has been forgiven ...

Still want to see if/how they redeem Baltar. I mean he was pretty much a unredeemable git before this.
But now- if the insurgency is willing to send suicide  bombers to try and kill him?

I mean man- they're po'd at Gaeda (sp?).Don't even want to think about what's in store for Baltar.
More I think about it the more I thin t00l hit it- can see him serving as advisor of some kinda after they leave New Caprica.

I liked how Zarek tried to pull Roslin back- but didn't stand in front of her.
Really wish that character would get a bit more airtime.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 02:14:12 pm »
An interesting little tidbit I haven't seen mentioned much:

When Three (Lucy Lawless cylon) was talking to Six about the humans and Baltar, she calls the Six model "Caprica" as if it was an identity that separates her from all the other Six models.  Later we see how easily all the models except Eight (Sharon Valeri) accept the execution of Caprica Six in order to force Baltar to sign.  There are definite splits appearing amongst the cylons...

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 02:32:03 pm »
Maybe I got taken in at the end, but I imagined a "Malmedy Massacre" where maybe a few feigned death in the next episode (the stars, of course).

Also that if the Cylons hit the landing party and survive the encounter, then surprise is blown strategically, and those "dozen more base ships" have reason to show up, as discussed in the staff meeting aboard Galactica.

Seems like there is tons of plot to be tied up here, right at the beginning of ... well, of next week.
Engaging the precious snowflakes of the world.

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 05:17:54 pm »
There are some (fairly) big spoliers in this interview
*You have been warned*

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2006/10/battlestar_gala.html#more

Although personlly I think it might be a joke. Usually they're a bit more careful about revealing this stuff.

762_XC

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 07:35:20 pm »
An interesting little tidbit I haven't seen mentioned much:

When Three (Lucy Lawless cylon) was talking to Six about the humans and Baltar, she calls the Six model "Caprica" as if it was an identity that separates her from all the other Six models.  Later we see how easily all the models except Eight (Sharon Valeri) accept the execution of Caprica Six in order to force Baltar to sign.  There are definite splits appearing amongst the cylons...

Why would they not accept it? They know she's not really dead.

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 10:47:59 am »
Um... didn't the insurgents hit the 'cloning' facilities?

I think Caprica Six is gone for good... at least outside of Baltar's head...

If you remember the episode based on Caprica, they started calling her Caprica Six then...
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 11:03:11 am »
The Brother Caval Cylon specifically stated to Baltar after Caprica 6 was shot "She'll be back, unlike you if he pulls the trigger."

The Cylons (skin jobs) continue to resurrect. The Centurions do not, and are not sentient.

Ron Moore's podcast for this episode speaks of a storyline involving the Resistance capturing, holding, torturing, and keeping alive a few skinjobs. That was to be the real reason for the crackdown: Cylons simply disappearing -> and that's more frightening to them than being killed & resurrected. Instead, the storyline focused on the suicide bombings for dramatic reasons.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 11:57:27 am »
The Duck storyline in the webisodes was nicely done, and showed why he was the suicide bomber in the police graduation ceremony.  He'd refused to join the Resistance at first, because he was married and they were trying to have a baby.  She was killed during a cylon raid on the temple, where she was praying.  Nora had asked Duck to go with her, but he'd declined because he didn't believe in the Gods.  At first he blamed Tigh because Tigh had hidden weapons in the temple, but his anger at the cylons grew...until he joined the Police Corps as a double agent, with Tigh's approval (or at least Tyrol's).

The woman suicide bomber hit the power grid, not the cloning faciility.  As far as we know, they've built another Resurrection ship and are using it now.  So while the New Caprica residents have to deal with 50% of their power generation facilities being destroyed, and taking weeks to rebuild, the Cylons at least can come back.

When Doral shot Caprica Six, the line "now there's TWO incidents of cylon on cylon violence" went through my head.  They'd just finished mentioning the time that Caprica Six bashed in #3's head with a rock (Lucy Lawless Cylon).  I'm pretty sure shooting Caprica Six was intentinally done, decided on in advance.  It's both payback for Caprica's killing of #3, and it is also a signal that the 'lovey dovey' Caprica and Boomer models are in disfavor along with their plan to 'coexist' with the humans.

Almost forgot...we do know several things more about the Cylon raiders than we do the centurions.  We know the Raiders are animalistic in their intelligence, not really at the same level of thinking as the skin jobs.  We also know that they ARE resurrected just like the skin jobs.  In the 2nd season episode "Scar", Boomer tells Starbuck that the raider 'scar' is probably filled with rage after having been killed over and over again by the colonials.  That was why he was so good...because he'd died several times and gotten better...but he was also filled with rage because 'dying hurts'.  Now if the raiders are resurrected, why wouldn't they resurrect the Centurions?  They are still capable of learning from their mistakes, just like the raiders, and it would make them better warriors...

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 12:40:36 pm »
Well, the other thing that seemed to get me thinking Caprica Six is gone for good in physical form is how she damn near seamlessly appeared in Baltar's head after she was killed.

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 12:55:11 pm »
Bear, you have to remember that Baltar appears in HER head when she isn't in the company of the real Baltar...both of them are having delusions about each other...

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 01:22:07 pm »
I never noticed that.... ;)

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2006, 01:36:27 pm »
  Now if the raiders are resurrected, why wouldn't they resurrect the Centurions?  They are still capable of learning from their mistakes, just like the raiders, and it would make them better warriors...
Adama states (source Sharon) that the Centurions are not sentient and cannot differentiate one skinjob from another. Their intelligence was limited to avoid the Cylons having to potentially face their own robotic rebellion....
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2006, 06:18:26 pm »

it was in the episode centered on Caprica Six and Galactica Sharon, the war heroes.  They got caught in a parking garage on Caprica along with Anders and D'Anna (Lucy Lawless).  Caprica ended up bashing in D'anna's head with a rock in order to save Anders...at the urging of the Baltar in her head (who in reversal of the Six in Baltar's head urges her to a more human-centric viewpoint). 

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 12:14:15 am »
Yap, because they're both nuckin' futz.
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2006, 01:10:11 am »
they are both fraking nuts. With that I agree (so says the guy with a license plate that says Frell U).

So say we all?

Offline Bartok

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2006, 09:06:35 am »
So Say We All -

Do any of y'all remember?  I think i remember there being mention of some sort of "putting someone in a box" a la Cylon resurrection, as a sort of "island of misfit toys / penalty box" -- wonder if Caprica 6's unique personality warrants her banishment...

or am i fraking misplacing this tidbit from another piece of scifi??

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2006, 09:18:33 am »

it was in the episode centered on Caprica Six and Galactica Sharon, the war heroes.  They got caught in a parking garage on Caprica along with Anders and D'Anna (Lucy Lawless).  Caprica ended up bashing in D'anna's head with a rock in order to save Anders...at the urging of the Baltar in her head (who in reversal of the Six in Baltar's head urges her to a more human-centric viewpoint). 

Guess I will have to put the "[sarc]" and "[/sarc]" markers in next time.... *snicker*

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2006, 03:44:15 pm »
So Say We All -

Do any of y'all remember?  I think i remember there being mention of some sort of "putting someone in a box" a la Cylon resurrection, as a sort of "island of misfit toys / penalty box" -- wonder if Caprica 6's unique personality warrants her banishment...

or am i fraking misplacing this tidbit from another piece of scifi??

The episode was part of "downloaded". Caprca 6 is assigned by 3 to help sharon adjust after her downloading. 6 warns sharon that if she doesn't start acting more typically for a cylon, that she might get "boxed". 6 also realizes that she is in danger of the same fate.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 12:36:34 pm »
I like the progression and 'growth' of the Cylons.  A static enemy gets too boring after a time, but unlike the Borg of Star Trek, the growth of the Cylons only seems to make them even scarier.

Which is worse?  The War Heroes (Caprica 6 and Boomer 8) attempts to seduce humanity into loving them as benelovent oversees or the Brother Cayvil/D'ann Biers approach of just wiping out humans? 

BTW, I've always liked Dean Stockwell.  In Quantum Leap I actually liked his character more than Sam Beckett.  (The redemption factor in it was what appealed to me.)  Here, in BSG, he has really come into his own with the atheist, sex-loving, power-mad, genocidal cylon.

762_XC

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 05:44:38 pm »
Stockwell is doing great with this role. I love his cavalier approach when handling Tigh in his cell. Tapping his hands on his chair, laughing about the hash marks, etc.

As far as scary cylons, Aaron is tops for me. Cold and calculating, he'll act your best friend to get what he wants from you (as he did with Jammer), and be ruthless and psychotic to do the same (as he did with Baltar).

Leoben is also a bit scary, because you get the impression he is constantly hanging by a thread.

Both of those guys are great actors.  :thumbsup:

Offline Toast

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 10:16:47 pm »
Bsg just flat rocks man..........

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2006, 12:55:45 am »
Stockwell is doing great with this role. I love his cavalier approach when handling Tigh in his cell. Tapping his hands on his chair, laughing about the hash marks, etc.

As far as scary cylons, Aaron is tops for me. Cold and calculating, he'll act your best friend to get what he wants from you (as he did with Jammer), and be ruthless and psychotic to do the same (as he did with Baltar).

Leoben is also a bit scary, because you get the impression he is constantly hanging by a thread.

Both of those guys are great actors.  :thumbsup:

I take it you mean Doral, not Aaron.  :)

Doral is very scary.  Remember he was a PR (Public Relations) as his cover in the mini-series.  Leoben is frightening.  Let's just say I now see why so many gay britons have fantasies about that actor...He's the type you never know if he's going to go ballistic or frightening calm at any given moment.  Really, he is the perfect foil for Starbuck.  Those two, working in tandem, would be a scary couple for opponents to face.  You'd end up never knowing which way was up or down unless they told you what to think.

Again...the best sci fi isn't about the technology...it's about the people. 

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2006, 11:33:12 am »
What, no comments yet about last night's episode?  I do have a few besides "I liked it a lot" but they are kind of political so they won't go here.  One thing I absolutely did love was Cavil's reaction to being left injured beside the road.  His distaste at the pain of being injured and unable to rescue himself, left to suffer misery and pain since killing him would be too quick, and that he eventually killed himself by cutting open his carotid artery was just wonderful.  :)

I'm eagerly waiting to see what happens when Sharon learns her child IS alive...will her newly tested and proved loyalty to humanity survive? 

Starbuck SUCKS as a parent.

Roslyn is every bit as good as she was last year...and I can't wait to see her float between 'school teacher' and 'kick-ass President giving tough orders'.  I also liked how even though she DOESN'T have any 'legitimate' form of authority like she did immediately after the main cylon attack that destroyed the colonies, everyone still defers to her as the President.  It makes a lot of sense, she ran against Baltar on the platform that they shouldn't settle on the planet (Zarek, as Baltar's VP still supported the colonization and only rebelled when it came to collaborating with the toasters).  She was right, and now they're already thinking of her as the President, even though technically Zarek is next in line.  I think he's smart enough to not push the issue though...

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2006, 08:01:05 pm »
No comments either about the headaches getting worse every time Cavil downloads?  Is there trouble in download land?  :o   

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 10:23:13 am »
I'm a bit suspicious about Jammer. If no one knows he is a collaborator, then why at the NCP grad ceremony does he try to say hello when he sees Duck? And just before Duck hits the detonate button Jammer seems to be in formation one row back on the right. Everbody is "floored" by the explosion, but theres Jammer later without a scratch? Could he be the next sleeper Cylon?
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 12:00:25 am »
I'm a bit suspicious about Jammer. If no one knows he is a collaborator, then why at the NCP grad ceremony does he try to say hello when he sees Duck? And just before Duck hits the detonate button Jammer seems to be in formation one row back on the right. Everbody is "floored" by the explosion, but theres Jammer later without a scratch? Could he be the next sleeper Cylon?

This has been discussed a bit on different boards, but I believe those in the know (as in production people) say that Jammer was in the room, but further away and was buried under bodies and had to push his way out...

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 08:49:42 am »
Dude, you know a board where the production folks are talking!? Don't hold back, what site?

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 10:45:22 am »
Scifi.com....Ron Moore's blog...plus a few cast members and Ron's wife occasionally get involved in the arguments on Sci-Fi's board...

762_XC

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2006, 12:21:35 pm »
No spoilers before Friday please!  :P

Offline Sten

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2006, 03:18:53 pm »
Does this mean you don't want to know the part were Col. Tigh injects plasma into the plasma jet injector doolyhickie and the plasma causes the plasma port thingamabob to explode burning the insulation off the doohicky near Ellens noodle thereby causing 3rd degree burns to her left hand ring finger, revealing she is a pregnant Cylon?

762_XC

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2006, 07:26:00 pm »
Sten, you bastard!

How ya been?  :)

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2006, 11:59:37 pm »
oh frak oh frak oh frak oh frak oh frak oh frak oh frak oh frak oh frak oh frak oh frak oh frak oh frak oh frak oh frak oh frak

SPOILERS AHEAD***

I just got done watching the episode.  I came off the couch when Galactica JUMPED INTO THE FRAKING ATMOSPHERE!!!  That was well fraking done with the reentry burn and the dropping like a rock...then launching vipers and jumping back out...that whole special effect blows everything up to now away...not to mention the timely arrival of the Pegasus and it's immolation taking out the basestars to let Galactica get away. 

Oh damn fine...

and did anyone else notice the last scene was in the starboard hangar bay?  Looks like they got it online again in the last year.

Frak, and the scenes with Starbuck and Leoben when she fraking KNIFES him in the gut and TWISTS the knife.  Oh yeah...and the revelation that Casey ain't hers after all...total mind frak on her...

Yep, BSG is back and this fan is raving...my god...I'm tempted to not watch anymore because this episode...damn...it beats Best of Both Worlds and the DS9 battle scenes...

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2006, 12:16:05 am »
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Any of you rubes still watching this piss-poor excuse of a sci-fi show have to be pissed right now over the implimentation of the super reset button, right?  I mean, come on people!  All that crap they put you through since the last season's half-finale's been magically wiped away by this episode.

:rofl:

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2006, 12:57:35 am »
If you call that a 'reset' you really need to see a doctor, my friend.  May Ellen rest in peace...sure as hell she never got any when she was alive...

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2006, 01:17:24 am »
I'm still thinking that Baltar's going to wind up on the big pedestal chair.  "To find humans, we'll use a human."  Its either that, or he'll get a final redemption by saving Hera.  Gaida may be frakked, also.  Sooner or later they had to get rid of Pegasus. 

Last thought......Apollo.....Tigh....Helo......Apollo......Tigh......Helo......

How is this little thing going to work out.  Technically, Apollo now outranks Tigh, correct?  Oh yeah, I forgot about Apollo's wife....Now we've got an Admiral with no military fleet, a commander with no ship, and three XO's for one ship.  Seems we're a bit top heavy.  I'm guessing Apollo gets his ass back in shape and gets back in a Viper.....that's where he needs to be, anyway.  Tigh might be completely broken, now.  Seems like the type to fall in with Zarek, possibly, but Adama's brought him back from the ragged edge once before, it could feasibly happen again, I suppose.
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."

Offline Toast

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2006, 01:32:34 am »
That jump into the atmo took serious BALLZ i gotta say that episode was great.

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2006, 04:32:56 am »
Tigh has definitely moved into one of the most interesting characters on the show.
Really didn't like him the first few episodes, but man, the trauma the guys been through.
They better be keeping him around !!  >:(

Offline Sten

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2006, 06:52:56 am »
Last night after watching this episode the first thing that hit my mind was this has been the best episode of BSG to date. I still feel that way.

That was simply a great episode. I have never watched the same episode of anything back to back much less three times in one night just so I could watch for all the small things I had missed before.

The Gallactica launching in atmosphere was simply cool beyond belief. Vipers exiting the launch tubes bathed in fire from the Galactica what a visual!

Great battle scene above the planet.

By the time the show ended last night you had to feel Tighe has been through hell and back and is now about to venture back to hell once more.

Offline Sten

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2006, 07:30:04 am »
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Any of you rubes still watching this piss-poor excuse of a sci-fi show have to be pissed right now over the implimentation of the super reset button, right?  I mean, come on people!  All that crap they put you through since the last season's half-finale's been magically wiped away by this episode.

:rofl:

Why the personal attack Rat Boy.

This rube fails to see the reset button. No one woke up from a dream. No one has returned from the Nexus to save the Galaxy one last time, No technobabble to flesh out a story.

So please the rubes comment was uncalled for.

The writing on this show has surpassed any story the origianl show ever tried, and I will say BSG is on par with the Babylon 5 series, beating Star Trek storylines, hands down to date.

I would rather put up with the use of frakk throughout the series versus a technobabble solution to every other episode of the series ala TNG.

Change the channel if you don't like it. Your lose not mine rube!

762_XC

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2006, 11:37:19 am »
Did anybody pick up on the fact that Zarek is officially the president now?

Muahahhahaha

Offline Sten

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2006, 06:14:11 pm »
I was wondering about that as well. Will Adama even allow the goverment to return?

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2006, 07:25:55 pm »

Anybody else think Helen knew the drink was poisoned? Its that look she gave Tigh, like she knew it had to be done for both their sake.

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2006, 07:37:43 pm »
Yeah I think she knew. I think though she was just so frakked (fracked? ) up she didn't care
and figured it was better than being shot or something.

I kinda like how Gaeta almost seemed to jump out of Tigh's way at the end. Also be interesting to see
how big the "collaborator" hunt goes.
Not to mention the amusement from who fits in where in the military with everyone coming back.
Don't see Cat being happy if Starbuck's put back in charge

762_XC

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2006, 12:15:18 am »
I don't think she knew. She's too collossally stupid.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2006, 02:18:52 am »
Whatever their reasons, one thing was made awfully clear in the first four episodes of this season.  Ellen and Saul Tigh love(d) each other a lot.  Sure, they've had a dysfunctional as hell marriage, but they DID love each other.  I think that was what made his poisoning her so heart-rending for me.  It's also a scary picture into Tigh's soul...that he is so dedicated to the fight against the cylons that he will kill his own wife.

The special effects were absolutely top-notch.  The Galactica didn't fly in atmosphere...it dropped like a rock.  Then it started burning as it dropped, and did you notice the concussive force as it jumped back out as well as the instant hail from the freezing cold caused by the jump? 

Another thing...the Colonial Movers craft didn't make it out...it looks like it was shot down as it tried to lift off.  Also the vipers doing their missile runs on the guard tower and the detention gates was another damn nice scene.  Reminds us they have more than just 'guns' to shoot.  As for Peggy's last stand...if you've got to go out, that's one hell of a way to go out!

"I think you've earned some type of reward for being right" That line by D'anna (Lucy Lawless cylon) says we'll be seeing a lot more prominence of Gaius Baltar in the cylon circles.  It might even be enough to lift Caprica Six back up in the eyes of the Cylons.  Considering how demented a pair those two are, it might be a good thing.

As for Tom Zarek, does anyone really think he'll get the President's job?  No matter that he DID spend four months in detention, he still supported settling on the planet.  Laura Roslyn opposed that plan and lost the election because she opposed it.  Even if Zarek leaks about her attempting to steal the election, I bet most of the colonials will respond as Zarek himself did "I wish you'd done it." (He said that to her right when they thought they were about to be killed in Episode 2 of this season).  Laura will lead the people because her vision for the direction of the fleet was the right one, and now everyone has paid a high price because they did not listen to her. 

As for Apollo's possible objections...he's learned his lessons.

Okay, just my predictions...and another prediction...Anders won't last long, possibly not much longer after this next episode.  Starbuck is going to be so fraked in the head it's going to take her a long time to adjust to being back among people and having duties.  Tigh...Tigh won't be fit for duty for a long time, if ever.  Lee will be X.O., Starbuck might get back as CAG.  Helo and Dee Adama will take shifts as watch leaders for the 'off' shifts or something like that...

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2006, 02:45:36 am »
I agree about Anders- don't really see a huge role for him on Galactica. Bet he's a Cylon. <sneaky bastard>
Listened to the podcast, sounds like they're keeping the Tigh has issues storyline for at least this year. (Where he better not die after..)
But I hope they do something other than the alcoholic in the corner role.

I mean the guy's taken heat for just about everything, no one other than Adama seems to really respect let alone like him (at least before the occupation)
Personally (kinda) took responsibility for the suicide bombers (which I'm guessing will come back to haunt him), ran the resistance, got tortured and the old eye plucked out. Only got releaased because of his wife, then murdered her.
Gets back to the ship and is (again) ignored by everyone.

Now I admit I haven't personally done any of those things, but that's gotta mess you up.
And being (at best) a recovering alcoholic can't make it any nicer.

762_XC

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2006, 10:27:25 am »
As for Tom Zarek, does anyone really think he'll get the President's job?  No matter that he DID spend four months in detention, he still supported settling on the planet.  Laura Roslyn opposed that plan and lost the election because she opposed it.  Even if Zarek leaks about her attempting to steal the election, I bet most of the colonials will respond as Zarek himself did "I wish you'd done it." (He said that to her right when they thought they were about to be killed in Episode 2 of this season).  Laura will lead the people because her vision for the direction of the fleet was the right one, and now everyone has paid a high price because they did not listen to her. 

Zarek is politically astute enough to know that Roslin's stock is going to be sky-high for the forseeable future. Whether or not he simply gives up the throne is another matter entirely.

I suppose they could call for a Cali-style recall election, since Baltar is such a tard. That seems like a bit of a shark jump though.

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2006, 05:52:57 am »
I have missed every episode of the third season so far.  I skimmed this thread just enough to figure out, yeah, it's just as good as the last one.

To all those who've seen it:  I hate you.  I hate you so very, very much. ;D
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2006, 03:43:32 pm »

Zarek is politically astute enough to know that Roslin's stock is going to be sky-high for the forseeable future. Whether or not he simply gives up the throne is another matter entirely.

I suppose they could call for a Cali-style recall election, since Baltar is such a tard. That seems like a bit of a shark jump though.

Note that Zarek was also interested in protecting Roslyn from the firing squad in that he grabbed her and moved her to the back.  He seems to have a new respect for her. Maybe even something more?

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2006, 04:18:07 pm »
My partner picked up a couple of BSG books this weekend and I managed to read one of them.  Interestingly enough, it managed to have Tom Zarek, the Galactica, Bill Adama and Saul Tigh as well as Cylons in it without breaking anything that's been aired in the series (Adama and Zarek were on the same planet, but not in each other's companies although they both interacted with the same group of people). 

The story did a good job at fleshing out a young Tom Zarek and showing how he went down the road that led to his bombing a government building and being put into prison...not bad overall.  Not great, but not bad.

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2006, 09:34:33 pm »
Well I guess Jammer isn't a cylon sleeper.

But then again, he did look a little calm before wooshing out the air-lock.  :-\

Got to watch it again at 11; wife and baby snooring so loud I couldn't hear much of the dialogue. Have the feeling many interesting plot points just got laid out.

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2006, 05:19:29 am »
I don't know
I liked the episode- and I didn't.
I thought there should have been more of Zareks role, and that more should have been shown .
Stil think it's interesting (and hopefully a continuing point) that there will be a recognized difference between Adama and those formerly close to him
As hero/saviour as he might be- he wasn't there.

It's still early, still a little concerned about how many "ongoing" storylines they're going to have, you've got the circle (now likely defunct but...)
Tigh (hopefully they'll keep this one going) Starbuck, the crowding, Baltar and the Cylons, a few I'm forgetting, then you've got teh Cylon virus  coming up
plus whatever else they introduce. Going to be a busy season.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2006, 12:25:35 pm »

But then again, he did look a little calm before wooshing out the air-lock.  :-\

Got to watch it again at 11; wife and baby snooring so loud I couldn't hear much of the dialogue. Have the feeling many interesting plot points just got laid out.

Maybe turn on closed captioning if you have it. Some of the dialogue is so quiet, I have trouble hearing it if the kids are asleep or they're awake and too noisy.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2006, 12:32:20 pm »
I think the thing that disturbs me most, about this season, is that IF pushed as hard as that crew has been, I could see me making desisions that Tigh has made. IT's not that I justify it, But I can understand where he's coming from on alot of those issues.

I still think he's an insufferable prick, and has done as much bad as good, but I can relate to what he has done at times. That scares the hell out of me.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2006, 12:39:51 pm »
I was surprised by this episode.  After the last four, and especially the SFX heavy Exodus Part Two, you know they have to do a low-budget episode.  Personally, from the previews, I was expecting something along the quality level of Spock's Brain.  Jeez, by the end of the first act I was riveted and away from my computer watching the episode from the couch instead.

A couple of thoughts:  

Zarek, I don't like him, but I do respect him.  He does what he believes is right, and when confronted he doesn't try to prevaricate, he doesn't deny being involved, he takes ownership of his actions, right or wrong, and he explains his reasons for doing what he did.  I don't agree with his 'circles' and their trials, but I can respect his reasons for creating them.  That is why I feel satisfied Zarek is still going to be the VP...maybe he'll continue to grow as a character and become a good successor for Roslyn. (A side note to all those other actors from the original BSG...eat your frakking hearts out!  You too could have had a kick-ass role like Richard Hatch's if you'd only swallowed your Pride a bit and accepted that something could be better than the original.)

Chief Tyrol:  I especially liked the conflict in this character during this episode, especially his unease about Jammer, who was one of his men before New Caprica, and if you watched the webisodes, was heavily involved in the Resistance from the beginning.  Even after joining the NCP, Jammer had to have largely kept his mouth shut or Chief Tyrol and Anders would have been in detention along with Colonel Tigh.  Then, when the dog bowl came out with Gaeda, the expressions on his face all the way up to the fade out were absolutely wonderful.  

Starbuck:  They established from the beginning of the mini-series just how self-destructive Starbuck is as a person.  Unless she's in the cockpit of a Viper, she's a frak-up and she shows it here.  It should be interesting as she continues down the slope of self-destruction.

Apollo - Yay!  The fat suit will be gone and I'll get my eye-candy back.  The lines between him and his father about jumping rope, and Admiral Adama's beat about "You need more" or something like that was another classic Adama quote.  Loved it!

Saul TIgh - Yeah, you killed your traitorous bitch of a wife...so what?  Most people on the planet lost someone they cared about, and it's your own damn fault because YOU were the one that ordered suicide bombers, and set up a policy of zero tolerance for collaborators.  I personally look for Tight to self-destruct very quickly, and for Adama to try bringing him in line, but failing and cutting him off before he does more damage.  Frankly, I think Helo has spoiled Adama.  In Helo he has a competent X.O. without the alcoholism, and Adama's been spoiled by that.  Hell, Helo's damn near the perfect X.O. with his only drawback being his wife is a CYLON.  

Baltar - We finally got to see Baltar on the basestar, and I just LOVED the symmetry of it all...from the austere but high-tech/sleek quarters, to the roman lounge for a bed, the beautiful decanter of water on a side table, the white robe, and two lovely female models of Cylons totally fracking with his brain, along with a metal centurion just staring at him (that alone would freak me out!).

If this is what they do for low-budget episodes, I vote for slashing their budget in half and requiring them to write these episodes all the time!

I think the thing that disturbs me most, about this season, is that IF pushed as hard as that crew has been, I could see me making desisions that Tigh has made. IT's not that I justify it, But I can understand where he's coming from on alot of those issues.

I still think he's an insufferable prick, and has done as much bad as good, but I can relate to what he has done at times. That scares the hell out of me.

Stephen

Buddy, that's what the first five episodes of this season have done to me.  I can see the capacity to make the same decisions as Tigh did inside of me, but I do think I would reject some of them. 

I would order suicide bombers off targets like the New Caprica Police and President Baltar

I would NOT order suicide bombings of the market place or civilian targets unless there's an overriding reason (a temple being used as a police headquarters would get bombed, a temple being used as a temple would not). 

I would kill my partner if they betrayed humanity to the Cylons...and I'd use the poisoned cup too.  It's the nice, easy way to make it easier for me to live with. 

I wouldn't blame anyone but me for making that decision either.

I'd side with Adama and Roslyn as well...the best way to deal with the collaborators once they got back to the fleet would have been to pardon them.  It makes it less easy for the cylons to use former collaborators as tools afterwards (cylons threaten to reveal secret collaboration unless they do x,y, or z).  The internal conflict is over at that point...and humanity should focus on healing their rifts and moving on towards the goal of Earth. 

I'd also keep Zarek close by for the dirty deeds I didn't want to dirty my hands with...

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2006, 12:44:56 pm »
I hear that, and I  agree with you. I wouldn't go after civilian targets, that's for sure. The tribunal aka Starchamber, I could see doing that, Doing everything I could to take out Baltor and the cylons, Could do that, Killing my wife, after I found out what she had done, could do that.

The only differance, is that I would find a better way to carry out the executions, besides throwing them out an airlock.

Stephen

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2006, 03:25:46 pm »
No comments about the cylons wanting to make earth their new home?  This also got me wondering about earlier staements about how all this has happenned before and will all happen again.

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2006, 09:35:23 am »
(A side note to all those other actors from the original BSG...eat your frakking hearts out!  You too could have had a kick-ass role like Richard Hatch's if you'd only swallowed your Pride a bit and accepted that something could be better than the original.)

Indeed!
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2006, 12:21:44 pm »
No comments about the cylons wanting to make earth their new home?  This also got me wondering about earlier staements about how all this has happenned before and will all happen again.

I've both slobbered over spoilers and actively tried to ignore them.  I know Earth is going to play a lot bigger role, and I know Baltar is going to point the Cylons there, but I really don't want to know more than that (although I did read the spoiler about how the cylon basestars are controlled and thanks to Having read two of the BSG books that are out, I know where the Cylon idea came from and it's damn interesting continuity). 

The Cylons SHOULD want to find Earth and make it home.  It's the 13th Tribe, and had nothing to do at all with the creation of the Cylons.  Maybe they ARE the humans that Cylons can live side by side with in eternal harmony and bliss!

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2006, 08:46:57 pm »
Cylons won't be able to live in harmony with Earthers. They can't live in harmony with themselves. Shooting 6 although with the knowledge she'll be back is not inspiring. They want too much to be like their creators and in a trek sort of way, they're getting all the flaws that go with it.

Offline Bartok

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2006, 09:25:52 pm »
A Great Show Indeed!

I'm curious about the thing you read on how basestars are controlled???!!!! - post a link if u have one handy  ;)

I'm still curious about the Cylon overmind, or whatever.  Ok - so there are 12 models, but how many "individuals/skin jobs" total?  Are the models aggregates? - LIke does Caprica 6 speak for all 6's?

I think there were 6 eligible cylon votes for Baltar to either be allowed or stay onboard the basestar or not....  some nicely starched shirts being placed on the roman sofa for Baltar was a nice way to convey the vote...

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2006, 11:01:14 am »
Well the writers need to keep track of everything as it gets more complex. I'm surprised that they (cylons) will get rid of Baltar after 6 told him late in the 1st season on Kobol, that he and she would be the parents of the "new" child.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2006, 11:58:05 am »
I enjoyed last night's episode.  They've put out a few books, and one of them had proto-hybrids...it's interesting to see they kept the program...

The last scene, with Adama facing a bitter Kara and Tigh was just great...along with the different reactions of Kara and Tigh.

Plus...I love Sharon's new call-sign.

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2006, 10:34:19 pm »
I don't mean to dis the eye-candy, but.... what friggin diet is Apollo on? He drops like 50+ pounds in the space of a week or two? The BS meter is pegged on that one. ;D

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2006, 11:38:35 am »

I don't know if its the TV, or the station, or bad mixing, but I have a really tough time hearing the dialogue on BSG.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2006, 12:03:05 pm »
Probably either the tv or the station, although there are one or two points where I've had to rewind to catch exactly what was said.

Oh, and um, isn't the last episode, Torn, at least a month or more after Collaborators?

I could see six weeks for losing fifty pounds if he REALLY put an effort into the weightloss...although that muscle tone would take a longer time to come back.  Who cares though?  I get to look at his beautiful abs again!  Hurray!

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2006, 08:16:46 pm »
The hybrid = Spocks' brain  ;D  running the entire base ship.  The hybrid must be very unhappy being forced to jump by the skinjobs.  It appears the hybrid couldn't over-ride the input from the skinjobs although she tried and delayed the jump. It would seem that the skinjobs are out of touch with god and the hybrid still is in touch.  what ran a base ship 40 years ago though? Pre hybrid I would think.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2006, 11:03:40 pm »
I'm just waiting for the old Galatica...with Jolly, Athena, Sheba, Bo Jay, the real Boomer, and the rest of them to simply saunter in and show these bozos who's boss!
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2006, 11:44:07 pm »
That's going to be one heck of a long wait, although it saddens me to see the course that Tigh is on. The old Athena though was a real cutie. :thumbsup:

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2006, 02:18:46 am »
In the new BSG book "The Cylons' Secret" we learn that the cylons were heavily used for colonial warships.  The biggest of the bunch, dreadnoughts were run by cylons with a handful of human 'overseers' on board.  The colonials weren't totally stupid and put safeguards in place that required the presence of humans to run most ship functions.  The cylons couldn't get around that...so they chopped off the parts of humans they didn't need and used the rest of the body parts to keep the ship functioning.  This included the 'brain' and other parts like fingers/hands. 

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2006, 08:37:42 am »
Yikes!  Well moving back to the last episode, it will be interesting to see how Baltar riggles out of the fact he lied about seeing nothing out of the ordinary when 6 can see the old style beacon there on the deck from Baltars camera, or was it a recorder. I don't recall if it was from the snapshots he took. I really didn't expect to see a flash camera in use from a society that has FTL drive. Did he record any evidence that he killed the dying 6, even though she originally asked him to.

Is God the god of humans and cylons? Was god behind putting the beacon there to protect the 13th tribe from cylons? Considering how long ago that tribe would have gone to earth, those humans wouldn't have known about cylons and put a beacon with a cylon killer plague on it. Maybe Baltar using Hera will cure the cylons?

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2006, 11:04:59 am »
Hmm.

This week I think they solved things a little too cleanly.

Athena just happens to have the human gene?  geez.
Helo can pull the one plug on the ship that just happens to kill everyone in the brig?  No alert, no nothin?  geez.
They still got the virus, but there is no plan to put it in the freezer and try again?  geez

Kind of reminded me a few episodes back when they were executing war criminals.  At the end they just cut to a scene out of the blue where they told Jarek to cut it out.  All taken care of.

I enjoyed the episodes much better where they didnt cleanly wrap up the plot in the last 10 minutes.

Just my take.

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2006, 11:19:14 am »
It sounds like a fairly commom virus, carried by rodents and common enough for humans to have developed immunity.  I would think that some of the Cylons who infiltrated human society would have caught the disease before the encounter with the beacon.
Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.  – John Adams (1814)

www.lp.org

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2006, 08:24:21 pm »
Hmm.

This week I think they solved things a little too cleanly.

Athena just happens to have the human gene?  geez.
Helo can pull the one plug on the ship that just happens to kill everyone in the brig?  No alert, no nothin?  geez.
They still got the virus, but there is no plan to put it in the freezer and try again?  geez

Kind of reminded me a few episodes back when they were executing war criminals.  At the end they just cut to a scene out of the blue where they told Jarek to cut it out.  All taken care of.

I enjoyed the episodes much better where they didnt cleanly wrap up the plot in the last 10 minutes.

Just my take.

Your right on with it rapping up to fast and clean. A little star trek TNG creeping in?  ;D  I'm really surprised and confused that they would bring back the boarding party and put them in quarantine, but not the beacon. It's not like the beacon would have been found to work perfect and show's over kind of thing......

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2006, 08:38:35 pm »
Show your support of BSG this holiday season:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/854a/

Ho, Ho, Ho, by your command.  ;D

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2006, 09:43:06 am »
I laughed at it pretty good. My wife thinks it's cute. I would have the led set to red.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2006, 11:19:51 am »
DON'T BUY THOSE CUTE SANTA ROBOTS!  The Cylons have secretly arrived at Earth and are planning their takeover.  Once everyone has one of these on their desktops, they'll receive an upgrade from Cylon Command and kill the humans at the desk!

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2006, 08:33:21 pm »
Snap out of fantasy land and face reality!

This is Punishers evil doing!

762_XC

« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2006, 09:01:36 pm »
Just finished watching tonight's ep.

I have nothing at all to say, except that that was the best episode of the entire SERIES.

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2006, 09:52:11 pm »
100% better than what they have fed us lately.

Turns out that you can make a good episode about just people.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2006, 12:46:57 pm »
"Sit down, Bill." 

Roslyn's handling of Adama at the end reminded me very much of why I just love the dynamics between the two of them.  This was definitely one of the better episodes of the series and reminded me of just how great the show can be without having the Galactica jump into a planet's atmosphere.  I also really liked how Saul Tigh picked himself up a bit, but at the same time didn't 'reform' the way Starbuck did (again different characterse, different reactions to the same situation).  Now I just want to know how the two of them became so frakking close over the last year...(story elapsed time). 

Now, according to the books that have been published so far, Adama was the X.O. of Galactica (Tight was the CAG) about twenty years before the Cylon attack. In one of the books, he's about to be promoted to command the Galactica after the Admiral currently in command retires.  So, from his time in command of Galactica, he did well enough to get promoted to the command of a new Battlestar, the Valkyrie.  After the flubbed espionage mission, he gets the Galactica again to oversee her decommissioning and then is expected to retire...nice symmetry there...I like it a lot. 

I expect to see Bulldog again as well...

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2006, 10:00:58 pm »
I kinda felt like the story was that bulldog was hook, but the story about bulldog really was about Tigh.  Bulldog seemed a little one-dimensional to me.

But thats what I liked about the episode.  Rather than it being the typical "I am a human robot come to do you harm as a trojan horse", it was about what the "human robot" had in common with Tigh, and a character developer for him.  It was a surprise, and I liked it alot, the more I think about it.

Oh yeah, that and seeing Xena naked. ;)

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2006, 03:56:17 am »
For a moment, just a split second of reality...I felt jealous when I saw the scene of Balta in bed with two models of Cylons.

I was schocked at felling jealous...but then I realized I was jealous because I haven't managed to get into Leoben's bed yet, and there isn't another male model of cylon that I'd want in my bed...so I realized I was jealous of Balta having so many female models to choose from...

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2006, 01:07:13 pm »
For a moment, just a split second of reality...I felt jealous when I saw the scene of Balta in bed with two models of Cylons.

I was schocked at felling jealous...but then I realized I was jealous because I haven't managed to get into Leoben's bed yet, and there isn't another male model of cylon that I'd want in my bed...so I realized I was jealous of Balta having so many female models to choose from...

Hmmm.. and after having sex with Baltar, Xena's reaction is ordering a centurion to shoot her in the head.

Probably a lesson to learn in there somewhere.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2006, 07:58:45 pm »
Maybe she'l go back to dreaming about Gabrielle.... ;D

Offline Toast

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2006, 09:14:27 pm »
The Valkyrie was an interesting looking ship makes me wonder were she fell into the colonial fleet fold compared to the Pegasus and Galactica.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2006, 09:28:45 pm »
I got the impression it was top of the line at the time and that's why command of her came along with the mission.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2006, 10:10:17 am »
six is going to be in Playboy next month. Just thought you all might want to know.

Stephen

762_XC

« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2006, 03:27:39 am »
She's too bony.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2006, 03:26:55 pm »
True, but she has this great Smile.

Stephen

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2006, 04:05:43 pm »
What, no comments about Friday night's episode, or the scenes with Baltar in bed with both Lucy Lawless and Tricia Heffer? 

I liked their declaration of three-way love on friday night's episode. 

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2006, 04:22:56 pm »
What, no comments about Friday night's episode, or the scenes with Baltar in bed with both Lucy Lawless and Tricia Heffer? 

I liked their declaration of three-way love on friday night's episode. 

You think us fan boys are done masterbaiting over that? Give us abit of time Dan. :D

Stephen

762_XC

« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2006, 11:38:40 am »
The Baltar-on-the-baseship thing is getting old for me. I hope that arc goes somewhere pretty soon.

I did enjoy how they played out his return to Galactica...he actually almost wanted to stay, even knowing what he'd be facing.

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2006, 03:31:19 pm »
I wont be satisfied until Baltar is on the huge platform throne, and Xena and Six are saying "by your command".

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2006, 06:26:34 pm »
By your command hasn't been said since the end of the mini-series.  Earlier this season there was dialogue between six and Baltar that stated the cylon god was human.  That the 7 models we see are out of touch with god could perhaps be as a result of the attemted genocide?  I wonder how long they will string this out?  It will be interesting to see how it plays out with Athena's loyaties now that she knows Hera is alive and what will happem since Hera is ill?  I would have thought that a hybrid that could cure cancer would be very robust in it's own health.

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2006, 11:41:46 am »
OMG, the previews for season 3.5 are awesome looking...

We will see Athena getting a chance to retrieve her daughter....

Adama and Roslyn in the sack?!?!?! 

Also, another cylon will be revealed.... someone finds Earth.... and some one dies....

BTW, watched 'Bladerunner' the other day for the first time in a while.... (Edward James Elmos was in that if you didn't know) and kept hearing the word 'Skinjob' tossed about to describe the synthetic humans.... I wonder if Elmos brought that over to the BSG script...

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2006, 05:41:37 pm »
Recently over at galactica station they have an interview involving Elmos where he said when askde to do the Adama role, that they needed to do the show like blade runner for him to bve a part of it.

http://galactica-station.blogspot.com/

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2007, 10:48:16 pm »
Alrighty then, who did Diana, Diana, (whatever Zenas new name is) see? I figure from what she said it has to be someone she personnaly wronged.

Since I screwed the pooch on predicting Jammer was a cylon, I'm going out on the limb again and put my money on Starbuck as one of the remaining five. Afterall, Starbuck was strong enough to take down Six back on Caprica. Though I'm not sure if there was intraction between her and Diana.

Just dropping ideas here, still in shock that the Colts actually won.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2007, 10:10:36 am »
Alrighty then, who did Diana, Diana, (whatever Zenas new name is) see? I figure from what she said it has to be someone she personnaly wronged.

Since I screwed the pooch on predicting Jammer was a cylon, I'm going out on the limb again and put my money on Starbuck as one of the remaining five. Afterall, Starbuck was strong enough to take down Six back on Caprica. Though I'm not sure if there was intraction between her and Diana.

Just dropping ideas here, still in shock that the Colts actually won.

Hmm...Think you screwed the pooch again with that. I've seen nothing about the female Cylon's that shows they have exceptional strength. Athena couldn't fight off the interegator that tried to rape her, though I admit I could be wrong since there was a comment in the same episode about the Pegasus's cylon killing 11 men or something before she could be subdued. Then again Apollo and Starbuck beat each other to a standstill in the ring. My money is on noone else in the main cast being part of the final five. My bet is that the final five are connected directly with Earth. Find Earth find the Five.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2007, 11:22:25 pm »
Well it seems that Starbuck finaly bit the Big One. :o

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2007, 11:54:35 pm »
Well it seems that Starbuck finaly bit the Big One. :o

I wouldn't count on it, it wouldn't surprise me if the season ended with an image of Starbuck in a resurrection tank.
Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.  – John Adams (1814)

www.lp.org

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2007, 12:36:20 am »
I still doubt Starbuck is a Cylon, but mark my word on this, one way or another she will make a return.

As the saying goes on soap operas: "If you don't see the body on screen, they aren't dead."
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2007, 09:16:21 am »
I just finished watching the tivo of that episode and whoa!! Kill off Starbuck?

This is either a brillant move or they're getting ready to jump the shark. The way she went out is too final, too physically certain. If she comes back from this then they've jumped the shark.

Unless she  is a Cylon. Or unless there really was Cylons in that Storm cloud. Or maybe here mom did it with a Cylon, or maybe....

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2007, 12:04:58 pm »
Its a bit early for them to be jumping the shark, and whatever they are planning, its been in the works for a while from all interviews I've seen.  I don't think she is a Cylon, honestly, I'm leaning toward some type of demigod status for her, or perhaps, as NJ said, she is actually the first Hybrid.  I honestly don't know, I just know that I don't think she's completely dead.  You've got to remember that this show is liberally doused in mysticism that seems to be more than ideological, so there is probably a chance of some type of resurrection other than as a Cylon.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2007, 12:09:46 pm »
I knew this season would be bad for character deaths when they killed Ellen Tigh in Exodus (by the Gods that scene brought a tear to my eye and I hated that woman).  Then they killed Kat, who I had grown to like as a foil for Starbuck.  I liked Starbuck a lot.  Katee Sackhoff did a good job as portraying a very messed up person who happened to be one of the best pilots the fleet had left.  Another thing I liked was the recognition in this episdoe that if they weren't in such a desperate situation NONE of the pilots would still be flying.

A couple of things stand out for me, and I hope it's not just me reading too much into the situation.  While this Battlestar is a remake and not totally like the original series, they have carried over so many elements that I'm hoping I saw one more in this episode.  Let's look back at things that are similar between the two shows first, and I'm just going off of plain memory here.  There were twelve battlestars, one for each of the colonies, built at the beginning of the Cylon War.  A devastating suprirse attack by the Cylons destroys the twelve colonies and one lone battlestar survives to lead a rag-tag fleet of civilian ships to their last, great hope: Earth.

Gaius Baltar, a genius human, betrays humanity and allows the Cylon attack to succeed.  

Along the way they meet up with another surviving battlestar, the Pegasus. Despite conflict between the commanders of the Pegasus and Galactica, the two ships carry off a surprise attack against the Cylons.  Meanwhile, conflict between military and civilian leadership in the fleet causes problems for all ther survivors.

Now, how these common elements actually played out are vastly different, but at their core they are very similar.  Ron Moore and company have done a wonderful job updating these plot elements to a more modern, and gripping storyline.  I pray, I hope that they've done that now.  What storyline am I talking about?  Well, let's take a couple of samples from Maelstrom.

1.  Starbuck to Leoben in dream sequence:  You're not Leoben.  
Leoben:  No, I'm not.  I just appeared to you this way.
Starbuck:  Who are you?
Leoben:  I'm a guide, sent to show you the way to what lies beyond (or something like that).

2.  As Starbuck's viper plummets to the hard deck for the planet, several eery flashes of white light fill her cabin and visor, washing everything out for a few seconds.

3.  Following Starbuck down, for a split second we see a view out of Apollo's cockpit of Starbuck's Mk II viper and a Cylon Heavy Raider flying in front of her.  

Now, take these things together, and I think that maybe, just maybe, it's not Starbuck's a Cylon.  Does any fan of the original remember John and the ship of lights?  Remember how John and the others appeared as people known...maybe the 'cylon heavy raider' is a projection to make their ship look like something familiar to the colonials just as 'John' appears to Starbuck as Leoben because Leoben is familiar and in a very sick, twisted way looked upon as a 'guide' by Starbuck.  

Now, I didn't really like the ship of lights and "John" in the original...but if RDM and company do something as cool as the rest of their reimagining, well it might we worth it.  

Judge signing off here...

I'll see your Picard manuever and raise you with an Adama Maneuver.  Battlestar jumping into a planet's atmosphere kicks your butt every time!

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2007, 01:32:37 pm »
That's an interesting thought.  We know that one of the Final Five will be revealed by the end of the season and that it will be someone we "know well".  It appears that they are setting up Starbuck to be the one but her "death" may be a red herring.  Something like the ship of lights plot could be an alternate way to bring her back.

www.lp.org

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2007, 03:23:42 pm »
I totally agree it is the new version's take on the ship of lights original.

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2007, 04:55:03 pm »
I was actually thinking the same thing, I just couldn't remember why I thought so.  lol

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2007, 08:12:09 pm »
If your take is that this episode mimic an original, dont forget that the last flight of the original Starbuck, he went down and was left behind by the fleet.

I was surprised at myself when they showed her go down.  My reaction was more like "Bummer, they could have used that Viper."  She really has been more a useless villain than a hero.

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2007, 07:30:30 am »
If your take is that this episode mimic an original, dont forget that the last flight of the original Starbuck, he went down and was left behind by the fleet.

I was surprised at myself when they showed her go down.  My reaction was more like "Bummer, they could have used that Viper."  She really has been more a useless villain than a hero.

Actually, they changed that.  In the original version from Battlestar Galactica, Starbuck repaired the cylon that crashed with him, they became friends and after repairing the Cylon ship, they flew it back to Galactica using the "wing wobble" thing to clue Galactica of who it was(they've already used this plot line, to a point, when our own Starbuck flew the cylon back to Galactica).  It wasn't until Galactica 1980 that they changed this plot line to say that Starbuck never made it back, but sent his son or something of the like. 

It is also of note that the movie "Enemy Mine" with Dennis Quaid and Louis Gossett, Jr. basically stole the whole plot of a human and an alien who are bitter enemies becoming marooned on a planet and becoming friends.

Offline Bartok

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2007, 08:20:59 am »
While I don't remember the original Ship of LIghts episode I like what I'm hearing ... sounds plausible, wasn't Starbucks Mom a POW? or she was just in the war.... hmmmm...

Honestly though, it seems too early to be finding out who one of the final 5 are, maybe I'm wrong...  they've fooled us b4, my vote is for Mr. Gaeta to be a Cylon...

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2007, 10:40:48 pm »
...my vote is for Mr. Gaeta to be a Cylon.

Why's that?
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2007, 11:08:04 pm »
While I don't remember the original Ship of LIghts episode I like what I'm hearing ... sounds plausible, wasn't Starbucks Mom a POW? or she was just in the war.... hmmmm...

Honestly though, it seems too early to be finding out who one of the final 5 are, maybe I'm wrong...  they've fooled us b4, my vote is for Mr. Gaeta to be a Cylon...

14.) "War of the Gods, Part I" Several Viper patrols disappear, including one with Bojay and Jolly, while ghostly lights harass the Colonial fleet. And on a barren world, Apollo, Starbuck and Sheba encounter the mysterious Count Iblis, the lone survivor of a large spaceship crash. Iblis promises salvation for the fleet -- at an extreme price. Meanwhile, Sheba finds herself romantically drawn to Iblis, while Apollo, Adama, Tigh and Starbuck see Iblis as a growing threat -- and one which the desperate fleet is willing to embrace. (Note: This is the first appearance of the Triad game.)

15.) "War of the Gods, Part II" Count Iblis's influence over the entire Colonial fleet--and particularly Sheba--grows as he works miracles, including the delivery of the traitor Baltar to the Council of the Twelve. Adama, Tigh, Apollo and Starbuck seek to uncover the truth about Count Iblis. And the Ships of Light/Beings of Light are revealed -- and coordinates to Earth are given to Sheba, Starbuck and Apollo.

This episode featured the famous "cloven feet" within the wreckage of Iblis's ship. This is what Sheba, Apollo and Starbuck uncover in the wreckage. The props were created, but the footage was never aired. It was known that this crashed spaceship was not the battlestar Pegasus. In fact, Commander Cain and the Pegasus was under consideration to return in the second season, had it taken place.

Also note: While coordinates to "Earth" are provided by the Ship of Light/Beings of Light, it has been conjectured that they were, in fact, leading the Colonials to the planet Terra. (Terra = Earth.) We know the Beings of Light need Colonial help, as witnessed in the episode, "Experiment in Terra."

20.) "Experiment in Terra" Apollo is chosen by the Ship of Lights/Beings of Light to perform a mission to save the planet Terra (discussed in "Greetings from Earth") from the Terran faction, the Eastern Alliance.

18.) "Greetings from Earth" (a telemovie which contains both Parts I and II together) An alien spacecraft is discovered by Starbuck and Apollo on patrol. It contains six human fugitives in suspended animation--possibly from the planet Earth. Tension amongst the fleet at the prospects of brethren from Earth rises. In time, the humans are revealed to be from Terra, a Colonial-like world. They are journeying to Paradeen (a nearby colony world) to escape the threat of the Eastern Alliance, a Terran faction with a ruthlessness akin to the Cylons. Starbuck, Cassiopeia and Apollo finish the journey with the Terrans, hoping to find clues to the location of Earth. But the Eastern Alliance pursues the ship to Paradeen, where more troubles ensue.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2007, 05:05:01 am »
SB will wake up in a cylon jelly tank... Cuz that cylon heavy raider WAS in the clouds all along. If you follow the editing they were careful to only show that cylon heavy raider from SB's Viper... making you think it's in her mind, except that brief third person glimpse of it from outside Apollo's Viper...  :o

So that heavy raider swings round, (yeah somehow she ejected cuz you saw her fiddling with the ejection handle despite her canopy being closed when she blew up) and it scoops her up and jumps away to the nearest base star, do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars.

But the only part you're gonna see is her waking up in the jelly tank surrounded by toasters...  :P

Offline Bartok

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2007, 09:05:58 am »
...my vote is for Mr. Gaeta to be a Cylon.

Why's that?

I don't know exactly - mostly a hunch.  His role on new New Caprica for instance, while he was called to task and almost spaced with the rest of the traitors, something in hist story is as yet uncovered I think.  Also - Starbuck SEEMS to be the one and it may be, which would be a BIG step for the story.  I just know that they've had us going down one track and given us whiplash b4

Nice background on the old series Dax  :thumbsup: - I think i may have to search for the old episodes on Netflix!?  wonder if they're there...

However it works out, indisputably the best drama on TV (.) PERIOD!

A pal of mine who doesn't have cable JUST started watching.  I lent him Season 1 and he's almost done, I've got 2.0 but not 2.5 on DVD so he'll see the first half of season 2 at least. 

Cheers to All!

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2007, 11:22:42 am »
For those who don't have Cable (Like Me) but have the Internet. Go to this link.http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

Scroll down to BSG. They have seasons 1, 2, and so far all of season 3.  ;D

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2007, 09:48:09 pm »
I saw the episode this weekend.

Can we have an episode where Lee doesnt try to stick it to Adama?
I must say however that I was surprised by the ending regarding the message to Baltar.  That lawyer *is definitely* committed.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2007, 04:14:02 am »
Code: [Select]
Can we have an episode where Lee doesnt try to stick it to Adama?
Have to agree there. It's getting Old......At least go 2 weeks with out Lee trying to screw Adama ;D

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2007, 12:28:06 pm »
Um, guys, Lee's not 'sticking it' to the old man.  He's doing that with Anders as part of their grieving over Starbuck.  Oh, you meant the metaphorical 'sticking it' and not the physical act.  Sorry.

You know, I'm thinking the old man is just getting what he deserves after the way he's treated Lee.  I mean, c'mon here, when Lee was all fat and jumping rope to lose weight, Lee reached out to his old man for a bit of encouragement and support.  What did he get?  A gruff slap in the face with the line "keep jumping".  The old man just slaps him around, treats him like a pansy-ass nitwit.  Of course Lee is going to shove it back in his face. 

Adama fraking nearly lost his ship.  It was only Lee jumping in and sacrificing the Pegasus to take out three basestars that saved the Galactica and his father.  By the gods, how many fraking basestars has Adama taken out?  Lee's taken out at least FOUR while in command of the Pegasus! What happens after Lee saves his father's butt from the cylons?  Adama DEMOTES him to "Major" and puts him in as CAG.  What the hell!  He should have retained his rank as Commander and been appointed as Galactica's CO while Adama takes formal command of the FLEET as its Admiral.  THAT would have made sense!  No, Adama has to be the big man and won't give up his ship, so his son gets shafted (and not in the way that Anders does it, which makes Lee smile and moan). 

*sigh*

</snark>

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2007, 12:26:24 pm »
Spoilers below guys...

* The fleet realizes the Cylons are somehow following it to Earth.

* Tigh talks to Six about it, but their conversation (thanks to Six’s Inner Gaius) turns into a fistfight.

* Anastasia Dualla leaves Lee Adama over Lee’s defense of Baltar.

* Apparently a cult has risen in the fleet identifying Baltar as a prophet of some kind.

* Baltar is not prosecuted for his role in the destruction of the 12 colonies due to lack of hard evidence. He will be tried only for his New Caprica actions.

* Kara’s widower is now training beside Seelix as a pilot.

* The fate of Ellen Tigh comes up in Baltar’s trial.

* Lee and Bill Adama each ask the other to excuse themselves from their roles in Baltar’s trial. The argument escalates until Lee quits the colonial military!

* Roslin dreams of the place Baltar and Six visited on Kobol. Hera is there, and Six and Sharon and Baltar and the Final Five. And it turns out Roslin, Sharon and Six were all having the same dream simultaneously.

* On the stand, Roslin admits she’s back to doing Kamala, because her cancer has returned.

* Gaeta lies on the stand. He says Baltar never protested when the Cylons told him to sign execution orders.

* Lee proves himself every inch Joseph Adama’s grandson. There is a not-guilty verdict in Baltar’s trial.

* Saul Tigh, Galen Tyrol, Sam Anders and Tory Foster (Roslin’s aide) start hearing low, distracting music a lot of the others don’t hear. Are they four of the Final Five?? (And the music appears to be – GET THIS - Bob Dylan’s “All Along the Watchtower”!!! How!! But!! WHAT!!!!)

* Anders and Tory have a make-out session.

* Adama tells an unhappy Roslin it was his swing vote that freed Baltar.

* Right after the verdict, the Cylons attack! The entire fleet loses power!

* Baltar’s cult whisks him away to safety,

* Tigh, Tyrol, Anders and Foster are all independently driven by the Dylan tune to the same launch tube. All four are horrified to come to the conclusion that they’ve all always been Cylons!

* The lights come on. Everyone is ordered to battle stations. Tigh, Tyrol and Anders scramble to their posts.

* Lee too is back in uniform and notices an unidentified craft on the DRADIS. When he investigates, he finds Kara in her viper. She says she’s been to Earth and can show them the way.

10 p.m. Sunday. SciFi.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31923

Stephen

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2007, 08:05:41 am »
* Lee too is back in uniform and notices an unidentified craft on the DRADIS. When he investigates, he finds Kara in her viper. She says she’s been to Earth and can show them the way.

Say What!!!! :o ;D

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2007, 10:06:34 pm »
The problem I have with this is that we watched starbuck's viper blow apart. That's going to take some 'splainin' lucy as to why she's back in a viper, unless she's going to be Lee's version of the phantom heavy cylon ship. Then again, she showed up on his dradis.... :huh:

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2007, 03:23:14 am »
WooT ty stephen for that link.  ;D ;D

Ya i watched it this weekend too.

But you did miss something else for your spoilers.   look at the way the space is where apollo sees starbuck at.  ;)

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2007, 10:51:27 am »
I still say they aren't Cylons, that's a big red herring. They jumped to that conclusion because they don't understand what's going on and if you don't understand something you must be a Cylon. Besides there are two big reasons why they are not.

1) Forget the mysticism, Tigh has been around since before cylons had even evolved as they call it into human form by Six's own statements.

2) If Tyrol is a cylon then his son is a cylon human hybrid like Hera, I really don't think the writers intend this so they are going to need to explain it a different way.

This may sound stupid but, the religion in this series is more than just a religion like it was in the original. The gods in this series actually existed I think. That said think of this. What if the four are not cylons but in fact the reincarnation of four of the gods? Not the right group of gods but Odin I believe had only one eye.  : )

Or perhaps they just have good hearing and are so close to earth they're hearing radio signals that have escaped into space.

Oh and WTF is with the break until 2008? I don't want to wait nine f'ing months to see the next episode. Whose stupid ass idea was this?
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2007, 12:02:01 pm »
My frist reaction:  NINE FRACKING MONTHS?!  HOW FRACKING DARE YOU DO THIS TO US?

I too do not believe that the four are cylons.  I believe they might very well be avatars of a sort, for four of the colonial gods.  Look at the sacrifices each of them have made, the leadership they have shown.  Tigh took the hard road during the occupation, ordering suicide bombers and even killing his own wife when she was revealed as a traitor.  Tyrol helped lead the resistance, and helped prepare the suicide bombers, suffering the near loss of his wife and risking the life of his young son in the process.  Anders also led the resistance, and lost his wife Starbuck first to the mental manipulations of the cylons and then physically to the events of Maelstrom.  Tory (not sure of spelling) was also a leader of the resistance, providing valuable assistance to Roslyn every step of the way.  She was the one who organized the evacuation, making sure everyone knew which ship to head to when the time came.  She gave up any semblance of a normal life to stay at Roslyn's side (even going so far as to rig an election in Roslyn's favor). 

I think they, along with Starbuck are the ones that will lead the way to Earth...

Oh, and I've long said that Maelstrom was the equivalent of the Ship of Lights from the original...

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2007, 01:14:54 pm »
IIRC they've only ordered 13 episodes for season 4 so I guess their putting them where they think they can pick up the most viewers although I think for a show like this summer is better because of the lack of competition.

I agree, I doubt the four are Cylons, the Ship of Lights scenario is more likely.  Roslin, however, is a different story...

www.lp.org

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2007, 05:27:09 pm »
OK....but if they are four of the other cylons...does that make Bob Dylan the fifth, or Jimi Hendrix??   ;)

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2007, 07:26:49 pm »
OK....but if they are four of the other cylons...does that make Bob Dylan the fifth, or Jimi Hendrix??   ;)

No, they're gods.  :D

www.lp.org

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2007, 11:30:39 pm »
IIRC they've only ordered 13 episodes for season 4 so I guess their putting them where they think they can pick up the most viewers although I think for a show like this summer is better because of the lack of competition.

I agree, I doubt the four are Cylons, the Ship of Lights scenario is more likely.  Roslin, however, is a different story...

They got the green light for a full 22 episodes a few days ago. Moore is seriously considering wrapping it in the 22. The dvd movie will be a pegasus prequel of sorts to air in the fal as a 2 parter and then be released on dvd.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2007, 01:56:45 am »
They got the green light for a full 22 episodes a few days ago. Moore is seriously considering wrapping it in the 22

So you're saying they're what, planning one more full season or just another 8 episodes? Sunday's was ep 14 for the season right?

As slow as this series progresses sometimes you'd think they could get away with at least two more seasons. And nobody quote me on this but I'm not so sure a prequel series will take off. They did a great job with casting for BSG and it payed, I just don't think they'll strike gold twice.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2007, 05:45:17 am »

No, they're gods.  :D

Oh, well if they're gods, I guess its both Dylan AND Jimi.   ;D

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2007, 06:23:13 am »
They got the green light for a full 22 episodes a few days ago. Moore is seriously considering wrapping it in the 22

So you're saying they're what, planning one more full season or just another 8 episodes? Sunday's was ep 14 for the season right?

As slow as this series progresses sometimes you'd think they could get away with at least two more seasons. And nobody quote me on this but I'm not so sure a prequel series will take off. They did a great job with casting for BSG and it payed, I just don't think they'll strike gold twice.

It was episode 20 for season 3.  It's an expensive show to make and ratings are down (hence the move to Sunday).  I suspect the need for more episodes for syndication and the prospects for DVD sales are keeping it alive.

Excellent news about the full 22 episodes.  They must be planning to run them without a break like 24.

www.lp.org

Offline Bartok

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2007, 08:33:22 am »
Nice analyses Judge, Vipre - you hit a lot of nails on their respective heads.....

I definitely agree that the jump to the conclusion that we must be Cylon because we're hearing things - drawn to the same room etc.  .... is false.  Maybe they've all had metal plates in their head at one point and are just picking up Dylan and Hendrix broadcasts the closer they get to earth....   ;D

Roslin as a Cylon... interesting.... I wonder how Mary McD would take to that twist??   As far as how many more episodes are left till the storys over hmmmmm.....   I'd rather see it wrapped in 22 then fall apart because the end wasn't in sight....  but the story's recently downshifted and is gaining velocity again.  But dammmmm....... 2008  :(

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2007, 09:32:52 am »
Got to run the Tivo of that back, when the four were searching toward the music and mumbling the lines I thought Tory was supposed to say "can't get no relief" but just vomited into the toilet instead, if so, nice touch.

I'd like to believe that the four are red herrings, BUT....
Remember Lucy Lawless character upon seeing the face of one of the final cylons said something like "Forgive me, I didn't now" as if she were apologizing for doing harm. Perhaps that harm was plucking out Tigh's eye?
Why would Sharon have been doing the nasty with Tyrel in season one if he was a cylon, waste of resources if her lines job was to procreate a hybrid. Then again, maybe thats why doing the nasty didn't lead to anything. Neither knew the other was a cylon.
Tory seems to have popped up at just the right time to become Roslin's right hand. Too convenient?
I figure all the skin job Cylon's had to be physically based on a real life human. Anders could be the athletic model, and Tigh the Liver on a  booster model.

And they damn well better have a marathon session of all three seasons over the summer if they expect anyone to wait until 2008. I got my nephew hooked on this show but he fell behind last season. By the time I got tivo of season 2.5 to him season 3 had started and I had to keep telling him don't jump in without seeing it all in order, too much backstory. Can't imagine starting it again in 2008 without some kind of major recap.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 12:26:58 pm by NJAntman »

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2007, 11:02:48 am »
Maybe they'll broadcast it over the summer/as filler in between new episodes of their regular shows...

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2007, 11:25:44 am »
I hate the lot of you as iam a Virgin Media customer and dont get Sky One anymore, not much internet access as No1 Son has XBOX live.

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2007, 12:01:40 pm »
Maybe they'll broadcast it over the summer/as filler in between new episodes of their regular shows...

Probably will.  Every once in a while I check to see what my Tivo is scheduled to record and I'll find a dozen or so straight hours of BSG or SG1 or Atlantis. 

www.lp.org

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2007, 11:55:18 pm »

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2007, 11:46:21 pm »
Set the Tivos: May 16th, 17th , & 18th 8am til 3pm Scifi rebroadcasting Season 3.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2007, 12:23:23 pm »
This is why my Tivo has a dvd burner...I burned them all to DVD already and re-watch them whenever I want...

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2007, 03:56:19 pm »
I do the same using the free version of TiVo To Go program to download the episodes to the PC and then buurn 3-4 eps per DVD.

Word of advice to other Tivo users: have caught Tivo twice last season picking up the wrong start/stop time for SciFi broadcasts, both incidents they were off by five minutes for some reason.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2007, 05:39:14 pm »
The flashbacks for Razor look pretty good. I just watched number 5.  8)

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2007, 03:24:59 pm »
I've noticed the Tivo problem with Scifi channel too, and complained about it to Tivo.  Supposedly they have it fixed now...but we'll see.  I got a screener's copy of BSG Razor, and then watched it live on the night it aired.  I'll be watching it again soon  :)

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2007, 05:59:26 pm »
I've had that problem too so I set it to start recording 5 minutes early and stop 5 minutes late.

www.lp.org

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2007, 09:22:40 am »
I've noticed the Tivo problem with Scifi channel too, and complained about it to Tivo.  Supposedly they have it fixed now...but we'll see.  I got a screener's copy of BSG Razor, and then watched it live on the night it aired.  I'll be watching it again soon  :)

Is the screeners copy the same as what aired on TV or is it the extended version that will be available on DVD?

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2007, 01:09:44 pm »
It is the same as what aired on TV, minus the commercials of course. 

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2008, 07:24:11 pm »
I can't make heads or tails of this show out as compared to the Original.

BTW.What starbuck to you like the best The Orignal or the new One?

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2008, 10:12:54 pm »

The new one has grown on me somewhat, but I still like the Original one. 
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2008, 11:41:08 pm »

Lets see, Dirk Benedict,

Or Katee Sackhoff

Tough call ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:49:19 am by knightstorm »

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2008, 01:56:50 am »
IF you are saying who is cuter of the two, I would lean towards Katee, tho she isn't the type I like the most. 

But for playing the character I still like Dirk better.  (Get past the cheesie low budget 80's style, it was good).
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2008, 09:21:35 am »
It's not over yet...

http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2309946

11 more episodes beginning on January 16th 2009, {if the last episode is a three parter}completing season 4 dealing with the fallout of finding earth, the head pple, the fifth cylon and all that jazz.......

{ there was a rumor going around that season 4.5 would be moved back to april as opposed to january but don't worry an official spokesperson for sci fi announed that this particular rumor was false and that season 4.5 would be broadcast in january}

BSG has now completed filming as of friday 11th July.

BSG will be broadcast in January to avoid the autumn sports season and up and coming new shows that BSG will have to compete with as well not to mention work in post production.
The final 10 episodes will be supersized in order to fit in everything the producers deem necessary to complete the story.

Offline Calexandre

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2009, 10:30:07 pm »
And what an epic ending :)

It was sad to see Galactica go, and the plot twist, with the revelation that it all happened 150,000 years ago, seeing 6 and Baltar in the present-day wraps it all up nicely.

The success of the assault against the Cylon colony felt a bit too... easy, though. As though the Galactica's marines were destined to win by default.