Topic: BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.  (Read 40815 times)

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2007, 11:30:39 pm »
IIRC they've only ordered 13 episodes for season 4 so I guess their putting them where they think they can pick up the most viewers although I think for a show like this summer is better because of the lack of competition.

I agree, I doubt the four are Cylons, the Ship of Lights scenario is more likely.  Roslin, however, is a different story...

They got the green light for a full 22 episodes a few days ago. Moore is seriously considering wrapping it in the 22. The dvd movie will be a pegasus prequel of sorts to air in the fal as a 2 parter and then be released on dvd.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2007, 01:56:45 am »
They got the green light for a full 22 episodes a few days ago. Moore is seriously considering wrapping it in the 22

So you're saying they're what, planning one more full season or just another 8 episodes? Sunday's was ep 14 for the season right?

As slow as this series progresses sometimes you'd think they could get away with at least two more seasons. And nobody quote me on this but I'm not so sure a prequel series will take off. They did a great job with casting for BSG and it payed, I just don't think they'll strike gold twice.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline The_Joker

• Lt.
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2007, 05:45:17 am »
OK....but if they are four of the other cylons...does that make Bob Dylan the fifth, or Jimi Hendrix??   ;)

No, they're gods.  :D

Oh, well if they're gods, I guess its both Dylan AND Jimi.   ;D
"Look at him now, poor fellow. That's what a dose of reality does for you... Never touch the stuff myself, you understand. Find it gets in the way of the hallucinations."

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2007, 06:23:13 am »
They got the green light for a full 22 episodes a few days ago. Moore is seriously considering wrapping it in the 22

So you're saying they're what, planning one more full season or just another 8 episodes? Sunday's was ep 14 for the season right?

As slow as this series progresses sometimes you'd think they could get away with at least two more seasons. And nobody quote me on this but I'm not so sure a prequel series will take off. They did a great job with casting for BSG and it payed, I just don't think they'll strike gold twice.

It was episode 20 for season 3.  It's an expensive show to make and ratings are down (hence the move to Sunday).  I suspect the need for more episodes for syndication and the prospects for DVD sales are keeping it alive.

Excellent news about the full 22 episodes.  They must be planning to run them without a break like 24.
Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.  – John Adams (1814)

www.lp.org

Offline Bartok

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2007, 08:33:22 am »
Nice analyses Judge, Vipre - you hit a lot of nails on their respective heads.....

I definitely agree that the jump to the conclusion that we must be Cylon because we're hearing things - drawn to the same room etc.  .... is false.  Maybe they've all had metal plates in their head at one point and are just picking up Dylan and Hendrix broadcasts the closer they get to earth....   ;D

Roslin as a Cylon... interesting.... I wonder how Mary McD would take to that twist??   As far as how many more episodes are left till the storys over hmmmmm.....   I'd rather see it wrapped in 22 then fall apart because the end wasn't in sight....  but the story's recently downshifted and is gaining velocity again.  But dammmmm....... 2008  :(

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2007, 09:32:52 am »
Got to run the Tivo of that back, when the four were searching toward the music and mumbling the lines I thought Tory was supposed to say "can't get no relief" but just vomited into the toilet instead, if so, nice touch.

I'd like to believe that the four are red herrings, BUT....
Remember Lucy Lawless character upon seeing the face of one of the final cylons said something like "Forgive me, I didn't now" as if she were apologizing for doing harm. Perhaps that harm was plucking out Tigh's eye?
Why would Sharon have been doing the nasty with Tyrel in season one if he was a cylon, waste of resources if her lines job was to procreate a hybrid. Then again, maybe thats why doing the nasty didn't lead to anything. Neither knew the other was a cylon.
Tory seems to have popped up at just the right time to become Roslin's right hand. Too convenient?
I figure all the skin job Cylon's had to be physically based on a real life human. Anders could be the athletic model, and Tigh the Liver on a  booster model.

And they damn well better have a marathon session of all three seasons over the summer if they expect anyone to wait until 2008. I got my nephew hooked on this show but he fell behind last season. By the time I got tivo of season 2.5 to him season 3 had started and I had to keep telling him don't jump in without seeing it all in order, too much backstory. Can't imagine starting it again in 2008 without some kind of major recap.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 12:26:58 pm by NJAntman »
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2007, 11:02:48 am »
Maybe they'll broadcast it over the summer/as filler in between new episodes of their regular shows...
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2007, 11:25:44 am »
I hate the lot of you as iam a Virgin Media customer and dont get Sky One anymore, not much internet access as No1 Son has XBOX live.

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2007, 12:01:40 pm »
Maybe they'll broadcast it over the summer/as filler in between new episodes of their regular shows...

Probably will.  Every once in a while I check to see what my Tivo is scheduled to record and I'll find a dozen or so straight hours of BSG or SG1 or Atlantis. 
Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.  – John Adams (1814)

www.lp.org

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2007, 11:55:18 pm »
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2007, 11:46:21 pm »
Set the Tivos: May 16th, 17th , & 18th 8am til 3pm Scifi rebroadcasting Season 3.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2007, 12:23:23 pm »
This is why my Tivo has a dvd burner...I burned them all to DVD already and re-watch them whenever I want...

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2007, 03:56:19 pm »
I do the same using the free version of TiVo To Go program to download the episodes to the PC and then buurn 3-4 eps per DVD.

Word of advice to other Tivo users: have caught Tivo twice last season picking up the wrong start/stop time for SciFi broadcasts, both incidents they were off by five minutes for some reason.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2007, 05:39:14 pm »
The flashbacks for Razor look pretty good. I just watched number 5.  8)
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2007, 03:24:59 pm »
I've noticed the Tivo problem with Scifi channel too, and complained about it to Tivo.  Supposedly they have it fixed now...but we'll see.  I got a screener's copy of BSG Razor, and then watched it live on the night it aired.  I'll be watching it again soon  :)

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2007, 05:59:26 pm »
I've had that problem too so I set it to start recording 5 minutes early and stop 5 minutes late.

www.lp.org

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2007, 09:22:40 am »
I've noticed the Tivo problem with Scifi channel too, and complained about it to Tivo.  Supposedly they have it fixed now...but we'll see.  I got a screener's copy of BSG Razor, and then watched it live on the night it aired.  I'll be watching it again soon  :)

Is the screeners copy the same as what aired on TV or is it the extended version that will be available on DVD?

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2007, 01:09:44 pm »
It is the same as what aired on TV, minus the commercials of course. 

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2008, 07:24:11 pm »
I can't make heads or tails of this show out as compared to the Original.

BTW.What starbuck to you like the best The Orignal or the new One?

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2008, 10:12:54 pm »
I can't make heads or tails of this show out as compared to the Original.

BTW.What starbuck to you like the best The Orignal or the new One?

The new one has grown on me somewhat, but I still like the Original one. 
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.