Topic: At home, Sick.  (Read 18748 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: At home, Sick.
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 06:38:50 pm »
FoaS, you're fast becoming one of my favourite sci-fi artists!

Wow, man. Thanks.... Seriously, thats a first.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 08:22:49 pm »
Awesome... I had already begun those conversions so it should be merely as simple as renaming textures? If not, no biggie.

But did you really need to mention your GF? (jealous) I think this isn't the first time you've done so... (kidding)

+1 karma for awesome textures and the fact that you're still "Getting some"...  Now that's Multi-tasking! :angel:

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 10:14:25 pm »
Awesome... I had already begun those conversions so it should be merely as simple as renaming textures? If not, no biggie.

But did you really need to mention your GF? (jealous) I think this isn't the first time you've done so... (kidding)

+1 karma for awesome textures and the fact that you're still "Getting some"...  Now that's Multi-tasking! :angel:

Pretty much. Ive actually replaced the default textures with mine, but I'll release them as different textures.
Lol, yeah - I wouldnt put it quite like that (getting some) but she's seriously awesome. I head home tomorrow, and I want to push out a quick-and-dirty model of the Lyrans I designed, Then this stuff gets finalized, including the recolors that BlackRook requested.
Speaking of which:
BlackRook - in one post you indicated that this was before Season 2 of BSG came about, as if to say they weren't pegasus-style but your list indicates that some of the battlestars are Mercury class, which the pegasus belongs to, so please clarify.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 08:02:26 pm »
These ships are AWESOME! I am waiting but it ain't patiently, it's droolingly! :D

Nice job FoaS!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 03:05:23 pm by redneckf15 »

Offline BlackRook_32

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 12:06:57 pm »
BlackRook - in one post you indicated that this was before Season 2 of BSG came about, as if to say they weren't pegasus-style but your list indicates that some of the battlestars are Mercury class, which the pegasus belongs to, so please clarify.

I've privately made refitted renditions of the Mercury Class for the BSG Pack released by Dave975 & MadJohn for Bridge Commander. Though the work was originally started during the first season, I've been updating the old fleet pack on my own. Changing some of the Galactica "type" Battlestars over to the Mercury Class from that pack. -BR32

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 02:03:32 pm »
Understood, thanks for the clarification.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 07:13:25 pm »
-=whistles Colonial Anthem=-
Robinomicon

Offline BlackRook_32

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 11:39:45 pm »

Oh, My Gods . . . Astonishing work Dude  :dance:

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 01:28:32 pm »

Frack me, that's amazing!

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 11:50:50 pm »
If you like that, you'll love Battlestar Galactica:Beyond The Red Line if it ever gets released:

http://www.game-warden.com/bsg

If you are into BSG, FoaS, you might think about giving them a hand over there.  It's a total conversion of the open-sourced FreeSpace 2 engine.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 12:37:59 pm »
The demo for BTRL is already out and it is awesome. With a few tweaks / balances and the addition of cap ships it will rock. Of all the fan made mods/games out there. I bet this one and Wing Commander Saga get released -- in full and with few if any bugs. The demos for both are impressive to say the least. They are not however the same type of game as SFC. They are first person space shooters. One of my favorite genres. WC3 and Privateer helped me make it through a remote one year ground tour in Korea.

Check out the sites and download at links below:

http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/

http://www.wcsaga.com/

Both mods are based on the Free Space 2 code that was made open source by Volition and have been rewickered in a MAJOR way. Rewickerd so much, in fact, that they are more games unto themselves than mods. The original FS2 is not required to play either one. I can only imagine what the talented folks here at dynaverse could do if the code to OP or SFC3 was made open source...

OT but I digress -- Here's a link to a great open source game that remade WC Privateer. I like the FS2 Game Engine better but this'll do and the price is right :D.

http://priv.solsector.net/news.htm

Now back to the topic.

I hope you're better FoaS. Any plans on releasing the Colonial and Cylon fleet with all the support ships  pictured in your forum topic at DRS?
http://wickedzombie45.proboards46.com/index.cgi?board=ShipReleasesandPreviews&action=display&thread=1189127572

It could start an SFC Sci Fi modfest that would make even Chris Jones proud? I can help convert to SFC3 format,  if you need it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 07:53:28 pm by redneckf15 »

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 09:09:06 pm »
Send one my way with suggested specs for HP/DP (I work best with pictures) and I'll see what I can do.  I prefer 3ds format but can take max 4.2. If I can make ya happy with one maybe we can form a regular frakkin' team  ::) My email is in my profile.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 10:48:04 pm »
If you like that, you'll love Battlestar Galactica:Beyond The Red Line if it ever gets released:

http://www.game-warden.com/bsg

If you are into BSG, FoaS, you might think about giving them a hand over there.  It's a total conversion of the open-sourced FreeSpace 2 engine.

that is a fracking beautiful pegasus...

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2007, 12:47:32 pm »
Very nice, but a little unrealistic at over 60k polys (unless they rebuilt it since the WIP debut. They said it DID work in game however).

In my fic I thought a lot about how GTVA would rebuild the TOS Pegasus as well as start their own Battlestar line (phasing out Orion Class). I determined that NBSG is the way to go thanks to FOAS!

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2008, 06:33:17 am »
yes plz

these ship are great and mostly the rusty viper would be cool  :D

Offline Red_Sharif

• Junior Programmer-At-Arms
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2008, 02:15:05 pm »
bump on the progress and possible release?

Count me among those wanting a progress update on these ships, as well.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2008, 02:22:20 pm »
They are sitting on my harddrive. Haven't messed with them in a while.
I can upload the texture maps without a problem when I stop being lazy.
Robinomicon

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2008, 10:28:56 pm »
what do we have to do to make you stop be lazy?   :whip:

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2008, 10:55:52 pm »
Find someone to texture the Romulan War era ships well?
Robinomicon

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2008, 06:38:06 am »
hmmm well there WZ who's good with texture, i think MP is also, maybe atolm is (not sure if he did texture).

but don't they already have a texture?