Topic: At home, Sick.  (Read 18950 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: At home, Sick.
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2008, 07:30:45 am »
They did have textures, but they were not very good. They were back from when Atolm used MSPaint. Also, the unwrapping was bad, as well as now that I have tweaked them, the need to be unwrapped again.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2008, 12:30:11 pm »
I,Mudd also is good with texture.

maybe you should ask help on the forum for the texturing?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2008, 11:23:46 am »

No, I haven't forgotten about this.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2008, 11:38:15 am »
ohhhh the president ship, nice work :)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2008, 10:26:18 pm »
You know, I've been asking myself a question: Why do Vipers have a monopoly as Colonial Fighters?

Say "goodbye" to that.

From Clockwise from the top:

- Spectre fast interceptor
The spectre served as a fast interceptor and scout for the Colonial fleet. It's service began just before the Cylon war, in which it took the role of fast interceptor and scout. It mounted two DBC-16 engines that give it a high acceleration. In contrast to that, the Spectre is rather ungainly. The cockpit is behind the center of mass and thus the effects of inertia of any maneuver is the opposite of expected. Those pilots who got used to the akward arrangement grew affectionate of the craft. However, its oddities kept it from gaining the mass popularity of the viper.
(I know, its the Delta-7 from Star Wars episode II, but I felt the thing looks so damn good in Colonial colors, i couldn't resist)

- Viper MkII
(Need i say anything?)

- Mirage
The Mirage is an atmospheric craft. Its purpose is to serve as a fire support platform for Colonial Marines as well as a strike aircraft.

- Scorpion
The Scorpion is an alternative to the Viper. Less maneuverable, but more powerful engines and more room for weapons hardpoints allows it to be a powerful strike craft, without being as large or ungainly as the Colonial Bomber, while still being somewhat capable of performing in a dogfight.

- Viper MkVII
(again, need I say anything?)

EDIT!
Second image with a lower depth of field, so the Spectre doesnt look so small, and the Scorpion doesn't look so huge.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:40:06 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2008, 01:12:21 am »
Thanks FW.

Here are some MKVII colors.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2008, 01:51:27 am »
Basestars that look a bit more Evil.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2008, 02:38:06 am »
More Helichoppers.

The Scythe and the Mirage again.
Robinomicon

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2008, 07:38:41 am »
Thanks FW.

Here are some MKVII colors.

i don't like the color, look like the forgot to paint the fighter.

have you try to do kinda kitbash with fighter?

a mix of starwars and galactica, B5 only have 1 type of fighter or you could re imagine some fighter from B5, i need to get my printer/scanner and my old scanner platfor and the software for it and try to make some sketch for fighter.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2008, 07:41:02 am »
Basestars that look a bit more Evil.

the cylon base look more like starfish making love :)

i find them ugly compare to the original cylon base.

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2008, 08:31:01 am »
I love the new Cylon cap ships! The Helichoppers are quite original and if the textures for them turn out as well as the other examples here - they will be instant classics. Thanks for sharing FoaS. I can't wait to give them all a shot in game.

Are you panning on an OP or SFC 3 version (or both)?

Have you thought about creating a texture for the Galactica Class Battlestars that is "fully skinned" vs. all the ribs and repairs showing? It would be cool to see one of her in "mint" condition.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2008, 09:26:01 am »
I know I should make a texture of the Mint galactica - but that's going to be a lot of work. Whilst I don't mind said work, I'd rather finish up the helichoppers first.

They look like starfish mating - is that a comment as to their design, the kitbashes, or the new textures?

I don't mind the mkVII colors. I actually prefer it to the mkVII colors in the series. (the series didnt have the darker band on it). But, yes, ultimately i like the MkII colors the most.
Robinomicon

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2008, 10:26:41 am »
the red texture make them look more like starfish, but the design is mostly.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2008, 01:21:47 pm »
Heavy chopper is mostly done being painted.

Edit: added "Viper MK2" colors with marine green.
Robinomicon

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2008, 01:23:33 pm »
How many polys on that chopper?
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2008, 01:33:48 pm »
1,442 on the heavier one. 2,571 on the lighter.
That may jump just a little as I'm thinking about adding articulated Ailrons.
Robinomicon

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2008, 01:36:15 pm »
1,442 on the heavier one. 2,571 on the lighter.
That may jump just a little as I'm thinking about adding articulated Ailrons.

Sweet!!
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2008, 02:29:30 pm »
how do they will use that?

its for atmosphere and can't work in space, do the have a carrier to get in on a planet?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2008, 03:02:27 pm »
It's for the marines. I figured they could've used such things on the colonies before the Cylon nuking.
Robinomicon

Offline AsYlUm

• Follow the white rabbit
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2008, 05:21:42 pm »
That is a sweet design, and well executed too.. i like both variants.. you going to dirty up the textures?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD3YBxBlR5E         <-- gagarin video