Topic: TNG Constitution Project  (Read 42664 times)

Offline Vipre

• Commander
Re: TNG Constitution Project
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2007, 04:03:53 am »
I was also thinking about the cutaway to the underside of the hull... the excelsior class has a feature their as seen on adonis's lakota, maybe.. i'll work around that idea, what do u guys think.

Little lazy for searching and it's terribly late at the moment so anyone feel like describing the feature?

Other than minor tweaking as with the pylons and deflector piece you mentioned, the lakota feature aside for the moment, I'd say call it a day on the secondary hull. There can be such a thing as overdesigning and you've made such an elegant blend of the two eras it falls close to the quit while you're ahead line. Just my current opinion mind you so don't pay it too much heed, nothing you've done to this point has been a bad move.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Jay1886

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2007, 05:47:31 am »
My only comment is that I think you should leave out the intrepid disk and give her an ordinary blue deflector array, maybe slightly TNG'ed by making it sovy styled. I'll even see if I can whip something up for that matter.

Offline AsYlUm

• Follow the white rabbit
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2007, 09:09:24 am »
Cool, ok  show me a wip of what you had in mind, like i have said from the beginning im open to changes..

Lol.. and dont worry, apart from what I have mentioned, with the saucer and the possibility of the lakota feature http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163372713.60.html   <---- seen here by adonis

The mesh is nearly complete.

I am also planning on an early release, with the model blank with just the uvw tiles fully mapped, so all those with crayons can get started the same time i do..  I will release that model first, while i spend allot of time with the texturing.

Thanks fellas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD3YBxBlR5E         <-- gagarin video

Offline Jay1886

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2007, 05:26:27 pm »
Here's a sovy-era dish. Feel free to use it as long as I'm credited. If not, use it for any inspiration you can get from it. :)

Offline F9thDawg

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2007, 05:45:08 pm »
Here's a sovy-era dish. Feel free to use it as long as I'm credited. If not, use it for any inspiration you can get from it. :)

Very Very nice design. Me like

Offline Jay1886

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2007, 05:58:43 pm »
Thanks, a bit of the dish I had in my mind for my De Ruyter class if I'd ever finish it.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2007, 06:05:52 pm »
nice dish.

Offline F9thDawg

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2007, 09:41:13 pm »
I have been giving some thought how bout an aft observation lounge bejhind the main bridge similar to the Ent-D and E

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2007, 12:26:12 pm »

so thats the mesh complete with the additions of docking ports as asked for by dawg, simplified central deflector area, forward observation lounge, rear observation lounge, necelle pylon lower fix.

Im gonna map the saucer section 2nite and start texturing.. should be able to post some progress shots too..

thanks fellas, for ur patience and input

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2007, 01:35:09 pm »
Stunning
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Red_Sharif

• Junior Programmer-At-Arms
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2007, 02:24:08 pm »
Stunning

Hear! Hear! As mentioned before, this model is a real work of art.

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2007, 03:02:39 pm »
Ok, as I red back on this thread, I have a suggestion besides the one I mentioned on BCC.

Since she's definetly an Ambassador era ship, I'd suggest the coloring of the Ambassador too, as I did with my TNG version of the Joshua that I posted pix of below. I'll give you the hex codes of the colors if you'll go with it. Oh and get to MSN lol
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Red_Sharif

• Junior Programmer-At-Arms
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2007, 04:29:05 pm »
Ok, as I red back on this thread, I have a suggestion besides the one I mentioned on BCC.

Since she's definetly an Ambassador era ship, I'd suggest the coloring of the Ambassador too, as I did with my TNG version of the Joshua that I posted pix of below. I'll give you the hex codes of the colors if you'll go with it. Oh and get to MSN lol

With all due respect, that tan coloration would not be flattering, imo, on this ship.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2007, 06:06:16 pm »
The two-tone grey just inside the tan is my vote. I'd base the palette totally on the Galaxy class. Or satin white, love that Excelsior wip
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2007, 07:32:01 pm »
The two-tone grey just inside the tan is my vote. I'd base the palette totally on the Galaxy class. Or satin white, love that Excelsior wip

The popular belief is that the Lakota is satin-white too, which is innacurate, she's duck-egg. the Mike Okuda Ambass scheme is a variation on that theme which I like a lot. Some pictures depict that one with the two gray-blue colors from that Joshua of mine, some with the pale-yellow/lighter gray blue where the dark one is used as an outline of the light gray blue.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2007, 06:09:41 am »
Lol... ill show a wip of the saucer section a little later... then ya can all get ur bats out  :police:

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2007, 08:22:44 am »

OK So firstly i appologise for the size of the image.. but it is needed, secondly i am expecting a mass of mixed opinion...  and i will listen to what u guys have to say as i have all the way through, but im pretty set on the design of the textures.. 

Im still working on it, no reg as of yet.. any ideas?? and i will post more later on.. this is very early and i still have so much work to do on the top saucer.. i hope some of u like the idea / theme...   

oh... and when its released i have no objections for retextures and or kitbashes :)

thanks fellas

oh... whats the feeling on windows?  it will be slightly bigger than the original connie, so would windows on the upper saucer sit well or not?

Offline rengers

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2007, 09:27:51 am »
I like it very much, great work so far :)!

Offline AsYlUm

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2007, 09:42:49 am »
thanks man..

ok...

the neck has the same texture theme.. the idea is to create the whole ship, basic.. like this.. then really add the detail and make it unique  ;)

Offline Jay1886

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2007, 10:47:36 am »
Windows, yes.. on top indeed, though maybe only the outer edge of the saucer.