Topic: ARROW CLASS RUNABOUT  (Read 58314 times)

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: ARROW CLASS RUNABOUT
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 05:33:59 pm »
I don't think it would use the standard NCC Reg's. Something like: http://www.treknology.org/tactical_patch2.jpg Or something that carries on from the MACO or even The Star Fleet Marine core.
Also how much weathering are you thinking of doing. As they may insert into an atmosphere without shields for covert missions. You know low power signature and all that. Otherwise looking good.

Question and you know I'm bound to ask for it Where's my Typhoon class?

TAC?  Tactical Assault Cruiser?  I wouldn't mind seeing one that's brand new, fresh off the line and then another that's been in the $hit, with atmospheric burns and phaser wounds.  Maybe paint one with a sharks mouth on the front like WWII aircraft.  Maybe have a WWII styled naked chick on the side with a catching phase underneath it. lol
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline F9thDawg

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 05:37:36 pm »
Question and you know I'm bound to ask for it Where's my Typhoon class?

And dont forget her valkyre fighters lol
Sorry Marky couldnt resist
the arrow class is looking great but as to your thought FW not all of these ships would be used just by marines/macos some would be scouts think about it

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 10:33:32 pm »
how about something like the way the delta flyer was done. A logo on the side and whatever, I don't think the flyer was numbered itself, but carried the reg of it's host ship.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 10:34:27 pm »
Lets see something like this painted on the hull lol.  Maybe an Orion Slave Girl would be nice lol.  As a possible registry, if you plan on making her an attack craft, it could be labeled LCIG-01 which would mean Landing Craft Infantry Gunboat and the number is, a number.  But if we go the Runabout route then really it should have a registry that's higher than the Danube Class which would put it in the NCC - 75000+ range.

I guess it depends on what sounds better USS/NCC or a Attack/Landing craft designation.  Example: USS Arikara NCC-75284, or Vesuvius LCIG-01

Nose Art...

"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 09:15:43 pm »
Oh and she is back up  :D

progress

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2008, 01:22:45 pm »
Oh that is a wicked cool!  Glad to see this place back on its feet.  Keep'em comin' Markyd  :)

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2008, 05:58:51 pm »
Every update just makes me more excited. This could be the best utility vessel ever released for SFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SYLAR

• You will know when your next.
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • I dont bite..
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2008, 10:57:27 am »
this is really nice. i like the textures allot. it makes the model look more chunky. it looks like it will fit the role well. looks profesional too.
Time to shake things up a little. So dont take it to heart when i create waves.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2008, 04:36:13 pm »
One thing that would be nice to see is a variant with a weapons pod just like the Danube Class...

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2008, 10:36:08 am »
Bumpdate?  :D

I just couldn't let her fall off the front page without another little appetizer. She looks close to release quality.

If so and you need help getting her in game, my offer stands. I'll get her in game. I have some surgery tomorrow so I will be off the net for a few days. But once I'm back home. I'll jump on her like a chicken on a June bug, if she's ready!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 08:10:58 pm by Shadowfleet »

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2008, 02:53:19 pm »
Well if anyone is interested, this ship needs a back story.  That is of course if the creator didn't come up with one already.  But for the longest time I have wanted a really good Star Trek FPS for the next generation of consoles, (Xbox 360, PS3), which would catalog the struggle of Starfleet Marines during the Dominion War.  So I started writing up the basics for a Story and I thought the Arrow Class was perfect for their drop ship.

I made the Arrow a prototype Runabout which was being tested at a Starfleet research facility on Ganalda IV when the Klingons attacked during the Second Federation-Klingon War.  The MACOs fight their way into the facility and kept the Klingons from stealing it.  There is one particular scene I would love to see as a video game, where the MACOs fire up the ships phasers and spin her 360 degrees, vaporizing the attacking Klingons attempting to rush the ship.  Then they take off, victorious.  The ship would continue to be their main attack Runabout throughout the game.

What do you guys think?

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2008, 05:28:54 pm »
Call me a bumpamaniac  :o but I just can't let the Arrow fall off the front page without an update request. She's a sweet design and looking like a superior mesh near completion. Think she'll come out to play before Thanksgiving?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:35:44 pm by Shadowfleet »

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2008, 01:23:31 pm »
Sorry fellas....

The arrow is lost due to a hardrive failure  :o

JK    :angel:

Nah.... i have been working on the OLympic Class over at BCC.. and i have decided that the textures on the arrow need to be adjusted if not completely re done..  :-\   

Sorry for lack of updates, i will get back to this birdy when the pasteur is complete... here is where i am at with her  :D

spamming my own thread LOL   :police:  F*ck it

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2008, 10:43:57 pm »
Spam like this is so good I want to fry it up and have a sandwich! ;)

Redo the Arrow Tex's? You are too harsh a critic of your own art! They rocked!

I can't wait to see both. My conversion offer stands and I'd be honored to do both teh Arrow and the Olympic if you desire.

I am currently away from home - it never rains but pours... My Dad was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer four weeks ago, just prior to my back surgery. It moved to his brain the second week. As soon as I could travel I came here and have been helping care for him. He is on his death bed fighting hard and hoping for a miracle. So seeing such a beautiful medical ship  right now is very appropriate. THANKS!

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2008, 02:19:40 am »
Im sorry to hear that mate,

I lost my mother to lung cancer 6 years ago, again simular situation where she struggled and tried to fight it at home..  i know what ur going through and I hope your dad fares better than she did mate.

On a side note i would gladly accept your offer mate, thanks  ;)

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2008, 11:15:50 am »
Thanks for the kind words and mark of confidence by trusting me with your meshes when complete. We brought my Dad home today and are being supprted by hospice nurses. He is surrounded by his five children and 15 grandchildren. He lives in rural Tennessee and the night sky is impressive, so many stars and dark enough that you can actually see teh Milky Way. We haven't failed to see a shooting star yet.

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2008, 06:28:50 pm »
My Dad passed away last week and we laid him to rest in an old country cemetery that hadn't been used in years. It is a beautiful and peaceful place on the side of a small hill with a huge maple tree right in the middle. It was still holding onto it's leaves at the service.

I have returned home and have normal net access and am ready to start the SFC3 conversions of your meshes at your leisure. Can;t wait to get my hands dirty with these excellent works of trek art.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2008, 08:07:11 am »
Kinda started work on this again this week, waiting to get back to my olympic class, but until i get back to my lappy work on this will progess this week, I have changed the hue of the textures, brightened them up and created spec maps, working on the central spine atm, ;)

As a sidnote I did not fnalise a name, so Shadowfleet, being as you and a few others have been bumpmatic and persistant on its release it seems kinda fitting that this be named after your father mate.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2008, 08:49:51 am »
You sure know how to cram a lot of detail onto the small ships without looking "cheap".
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2008, 10:09:03 am »
*From the dead man himself, thats my crimbo prezzie  :) thanks WZ!"**

Noticed a seam, took the last hour to find the issue, but corrected and rendered in the process, big renders but look nice..

****removed images as they were hugeo  :huh: ****
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 11:59:07 am by markyd »