Topic: ARROW CLASS RUNABOUT  (Read 58345 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: ARROW CLASS RUNABOUT
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2008, 12:33:25 pm »
Did you do that aztecing all by yourself or did you use a prefab texture?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline wrathofachilles

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2008, 02:42:31 pm »
sweet work.

quick question, do you use an image to make your windows look like populated rooms or do you draw it afresh every time, if it's an image can I get a copy?

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2008, 04:15:26 pm »
that redshirt flying the thing looks like he's laying on his back and not wearing any pants... :huh: :laugh:

Offline sierracharlie

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2008, 04:42:20 pm »
The redshirt looks like Zapp Brannigan.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2008, 06:42:13 am »
that redshirt flying the thing looks like he's laying on his back and not wearing any pants... :huh: :laugh:

Yeah he is going

Did you do that aztecing all by yourself or did you use a prefab texture?

I drew it mate
sweet work.

quick question, do you use an image to make your windows look like populated rooms or do you draw it afresh every time, if it's an image can I get a copy?

It was an image of a render of a danube runabout..   this one i think mate.. (it not my runabout either just to point that out)

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2008, 11:54:49 am »
So i have mapped out details on the underside, and mapped the spine out that runs up the centre, its coloured, but not detailed or azteced or anything yet, the glowy things are inplace, wanted to keep the scale so kept singular ones to the front, and then decided to frost them out to make them look tough.. as in tough plastics.. as this seemed to look vulnerable otherwise..

got rid of the logo on the wings, added a nice curvy starfleet stripe that too about an hour  :arms: ( not good with the pen tool me)  and i think it looks better..  slight adjustment to the hue of the necelle grill... (possibly still too purple)  but the rear glows and shades all work in tandem.. darkened the cockpit.. :-)

one render overall shot, 2nd render the toughy glassy stuff   :? or whatever it would be  :)

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2008, 02:14:53 pm »
redid the necelles as I was not happy with the purple glow it had, also created new speculars. Im detailing that upper spine feature at the minute and then going to start work on the underside.

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2008, 06:09:26 pm »
I kinda liked the purple glow.  Think you could include that texture as an alternative when the model is released?
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2008, 10:25:38 am »
MarkyD - Sorry I've been off the boards for awhile, I was back home visiting my Mom for Christmas.

First - I don't know what to say besides THANKS and I am very deeply honored! She is a nothing short of becoming one of the most remarkable trek ships ever. I can honestly say that besides the USS Enterprise and some of WZ updates to her, the Arrow is my favorite design. With every update you amaze me more. I am ready and waiting to convert her to SFC III as promised. My info is in my profile or I can contact you as well.

Second, my Dad's name was Ronald Evans Green. My sons name is Evan. So I'll open it up for nominations but I like the USS Evans.

Thanks again MarkyD - you are a true artist and possibly more importantly, even after I retire form the Air Force next year I will always count you as one of my brothers in arms. Thanks for sharing your digital artistry and thanks for serving your country and freedom.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 09:06:08 am by Shadowfleet »

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2008, 12:21:58 pm »
I like the water effect. If you decide to go with a more traditional one - please leave this one as an alternate in the zip file.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2008, 08:18:56 pm »
Yeah for now they will stay....   
MarkyD - Sorry I've been off the boards for awhile, I was back home visiting my Mom for Christmas.

First - I don't know what to say besides THANKS and I am very deeply honored! She is a nothing short of becoming one of the most remarkable trek ships ever. I can honestly say that besides the USS Enterprise and some of WZ updates to her, the Arrow is my favorite design. With every update you amaze me more. I am ready and waiting to convert her to SFC III as promised. My info is in my profile or I can contact you as well.

Second, my Dad's name was Ronald Evans Green. My sons name is Evan. So I'll open it up for nominations but I like the USS Evans.

Thanks again MarkD - you are a true artist and possibly more importantly, even after I retire form the Air Force next year I will always count you as one of my brothers in arms. Thanks for sharing your digital artistry and thanks for serving your country and freedom.

OR ...... U.S.S. EVANS         RONALD GREEN CLASS TACTICAL RUNABOUT

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2009, 09:07:31 am »
I like the name. Thanks again for the tribute.

Offline Darkseid

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2009, 03:34:23 pm »
I look forward to seeing her underside. She's looking real good, can't wait to see more.  What are you going to do for the cockpit?  Perhaps maybe a Delta Flyer look?  And what about the ships defenses?  Will there be pulse phasers or strips in the future?
"Humanity's homeworld had withstood centuries of attempts at self-destruction, but soon the aliens would amass a fleet and make all their struggles moot."

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2009, 05:53:12 pm »
Bumpdate - I've got my computer all warmed up and ready to convert. Plus I couldn't let the Arrow languish on the second page  :D

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2009, 01:48:58 pm »
AsYiUpdate?

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • I am a stranger to myself
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2009, 04:55:13 pm »
Where will this be uploaded?  And where's your olympic, it looks top notch!
There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish, sometimes
-the 4th Doctor, Doctor Who, "Robot"

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2009, 05:26:40 am »
I am restarting the textures on the Arrow as I am no longer happy with them, and the Olympic was lost, but will be re-done  :smitten:

The Reason I am restarting the textures is that I am going to use 2 x 1024's instead of a singular 2048, and i want to re do some mapping areas.

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2009, 11:05:19 pm »
Can ya make some really high res versions of the textures?????   :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2009, 07:15:26 pm »
Dammit Jim, she's..... ALIVE!  ;) Awesome news that the Arrow is becoming a reality - those hi-res textures are going to rock! Thanks for the update MarkyD!

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2009, 12:20:53 pm »
Lol yeah she is alive, but I constantly look at it and want to make it better, but before I can do that I need to spead the mapping to 2 x 1024's and play with the symmetry some more..

I'll kepp you all updated when i get restarted on it  8)