Topic: Strange New Worlds Planetpack  (Read 38078 times)

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
Re: Strange New Worlds Planetpack
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2008, 08:44:40 am »
planets looking like those in Legacy and this sucks, sorry they just don't look realistic and in Legacy they look like they are cut-out paintings clued to a board
why are you guys copying that sh** Legacy style, its not even better than BC !??!  :o  :'(

I don't know, because the diffusion of light through the upper atmosphere that causes said halo effect is a physics thing and not an artsy fartsy attempt at making it look cool... that would seem like more than a good enough reason for me.  Card board cutout would be SFC planets as they are, lacking any real depth or realism because of size and lack of pertinent details.  I would think mud deserves more, as he is one of the first people in what 8 years to get this to work right.
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2008, 09:59:03 am »
yeap.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2008, 01:57:29 pm »
Well, I'm back now .. the move went smoothly until it came time to get my DSL back ... it took a few days longer than anticipated.

Terradyhne is perfectly entitled to his opinion, which is valued as much as everyone elses more positive comments. Can't please everyone, I suppose.

As I think I stated earlier, either here or at Planet Mudd, the textures for these planets aren't all mine, per say. I modified many of them from other sources, such as NASA; and because I knew that others would want to do the same, I provided the means to do so. Glad ya dig it, Dragoon.

Panzergranate may be on to something .. will need to do some research.

Again, thanks guys for your comments!

JM.

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2008, 02:13:03 pm »
Now if the planets could be as good as those portrayed in Space 1999, well.....

I've always marvelled on how Gerry Anderson's planets in Space 1999 looked way better than TOS's planets, baring in mind that the modelmaking and technology available are about the same. Obviously the talent levels were vastly different.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 06:44:11 pm »
Any new developments I, Mudd?

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2008, 09:04:39 pm »
Not really ... I have been rather distracted lately by other modeling projects, but fear not ... ringed planets and multiple moons are modeled ...

JM.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2008, 08:06:16 pm »
Like the work you did on these planets... though, I have to admit that i've not used any of them.
Instead I used planets from a High resolution Graphics mod from Galactic civilizations 2.

The detail on these planet textures are amazing....

So, instead of thanking you for the Planets, I give you a MASSIVE thanks for the Templates that allowed me to use my preferred planet textures instead.
I've never been able to get Good looking planets in SFC, but thanks to you I now can.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :rwoot:

Dragoon can you post some screen shots? I can't get the graphics mod from Galactic civilizations 2 site to download to try this myself.

Also of note the SFC3 CV model viewer program doesn't like the planets I, Mudd has made because they don't show up for me anyway when I've attempted to make TI, VL and BS shots to post here.

How about some screens I, Mudd of the new planets you are working on...

Firesoul will probably want to use the I, Mudd planet templates but use the original Taldren planet textures for the next OP+ version. Maybe Dizzy can comment on this...

Between I, Mudd's planets and Atras new bases, the next SFC: OP+ is going to be even more awesome... the only thing missing IMHO is SFC1 missions like the Repair Roundevous Skirmish being made for SFC: OP+.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2008, 01:57:53 pm »
Like the work you did on these planets... though, I have to admit that i've not used any of them.
Instead I used planets from a High resolution Graphics mod from Galactic civilizations 2.

The detail on these planet textures are amazing....

So, instead of thanking you for the Planets, I give you a MASSIVE thanks for the Templates that allowed me to use my preferred planet textures instead.
I've never been able to get Good looking planets in SFC, but thanks to you I now can.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :rwoot:

Dragoon can you post some screen shots? I can't get the graphics mod from Galactic civilizations 2 site to download to try this myself.

Also of note the SFC3 CV model viewer program doesn't like the planets I, Mudd has made because they don't show up for me anyway when I've attempted to make TI, VL and BS shots to post here.

How about some screens I, Mudd of the new planets you are working on...

Firesoul will probably want to use the I, Mudd planet templates but use the original Taldren planet textures for the next OP+ version. Maybe Dizzy can comment on this...

Between I, Mudd's planets and Atras new bases, the next SFC: OP+ is going to be even more awesome... the only thing missing IMHO is SFC1 missions like the Repair Roundevous Skirmish being made for SFC: OP+.

Qapla'

KF

As soon as I get a spare minute, i'll grab some quick screen shots of the planets in the model viewer.
For the high res mod, try signing up to the imod website, you should be able to get quick download speeds from there. ( link below )
http://87.118.120.219/downloads.php?do=file&id=56

Still, I'll post up some pictures anyway.... just so I can get some compliments for my very small but of work. ;D
Also, I used Imudds fantastic Mirak Cruiser ships textures and retextured the StarWars leviathen model. I wanted the Mirak to have a mad Monster ship.
Hope you don't IMudd if I put a pic of that ship up too? All I've done is a hack and slash job, and it's for my own use.
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2008, 03:53:06 pm »
Go for it, Dragoon! If folk's like it enough, we can stick a download link over at Planet Mudd in the Paint Jobs section, maybe?

JM.

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2008, 04:19:38 pm »
These are some pics of the changes I made, most come from a Galciv 2 planet mod pack, except the Forbidden planet which I made from some Borg textures and a world texture from Celestia.
The Leviathen model is by Kreeargh, with I, Mudds awsome Mirak cruiser texture... though it's a hack and slash job that I did for fun.
The Planets that I'm showing here in order are:
Earth, Forbidden, Lyra, Niflheim,Remus, Romulas, and I'll follow up in a second post with some of the others.
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2008, 04:21:44 pm »
Post 2.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2008, 05:31:29 pm »
 ;D Nice work Dragoon! Please get these up somewhere, even if it's posting the texture files in this thread.

My favorite is this one:

I'd love to tinker with the others too!

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2008, 06:30:58 pm »
;D Nice work Dragoon! Please get these up somewhere, even if it's posting the texture files in this thread.

My favorite is this one:

I'd love to tinker with the others too!

Qapla'

KF

Thanks for the praise.
I'll check the original mods read me to see what the authors usage policy is first. If I can't find anything that limits the use, I'll put the textures up. Hopefully I Mudd doesn't mind me Hijacking the thread a bit. I can't remember exactly, but I think that all of these use I Mudds Planet models too. So perhaps these could be used as optional extras.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2008, 10:51:18 pm »
Optional extras ... cool!

If you be so kind, for where ever you decide to host them, I would like you to start a new thread at Planet Mudd with a download a link along with these screenshots ... they look fantastic! Threads around here tend to get pushed down and I don't see why this would be stickied ... that's why I'm suggesting this ... it just makes Planet Mudd an "easy-to-manage/find-one-stop-shop" for my models and their accessories.

And technically, you're not hijacking this thread at all, IMHO ... it's called embellishing and enhancement where I come from ... :D

JM.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2008, 04:35:21 am »
Stickied
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2008, 08:22:51 am »
My planet textures are now up at battleclinic.
Hope you get some use from them.

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock.php?id=4600#4600

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2008, 02:11:06 pm »
... adding this to the thread so it's easy to find.

Worldship

and download link:
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,7155e5996be502f4c6979852d10102db.zip
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2008, 02:59:12 pm »
... adding this to the thread so it's easy to find.

Worldship

and download link:
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,7155e5996be502f4c6979852d10102db.zip

That's one Crazy construction... all we need are some asteroids and starship trooper ships, and we're away!!

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2008, 06:52:23 pm »
We're spoilt for choice with all these planet textures!!
I've got to work out how to put as many in as possible now!!!

I love your bigger scaled worlds Fallen!

And I have to say that your worlds, with I, Mudds Planet Shadow map placed on them look awsome.

Cheers to both you guys for providing those of us who lack your skills the rescources to paly about and learn with!   :rwoot: :drink:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 07:03:43 pm by dragoon »

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2008, 09:38:05 pm »
 :)

Cheers to both you guys for providing those of us who lack your skills the rescources to paly about and learn with! :rwoot: :drink:

Thanks for making my night!

8)

JM.