Topic: What if La'ra and The Guv had been in MP:LotR???  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• The Official Bard of XenoCorp
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
  • Captain, XC Hydran Squadron
    • The XC Bard's Corner
What if La'ra and The Guv had been in MP:LotR???
« on: March 24, 2008, 05:19:28 pm »
I suddenly had this scene pop into my head today after reading a comment in the "My pneumonia/Drug-Induced Story" thread.  It made me wonder what it would have been like if La'ra and Guv Ronjar had been written into the roles of Aragorn and Boromir while I was doing the Monty Python: Lord of the Rings trilogy...

La'ra:  I can't believe we have to walk all the way to Mount Doom!
Guv Ronjar:  Don't worry, I have a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a warg.
La'ra:  You wouldn't recognize a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of an elven harp singing "cunning plans are here again!"
Guv Ronjar:  Seriously, La'ra... I have a very, very, very cunning plan.
La'ra:  Is it as cunning as an Istari that used to be Wizard of Cunning at Osgiliath University but has moved on and is now working for the White Council at the High Commission of Middle-earth Cunning and Planning?
Guv Ronjar:  Yes, it is.
La'ra:  Hmmm... that's cunning.
Guv Ronjar:  So, fear not!  For, under my plan, we are not actually going to Mordor at all. We are going to Lorien!
La'ra:  But what about your bet with Lord Elrond and the 10,000 silver pennies that are at stake?
Guv Ronjar:  Look, buffalo wrestler... all we do is swan around in Lorien for a few months, get a good tan, drink some wine, pick up a few gifts, give the One Ring to Galadriel and head back to Rivendell to the sounding of silver trumpets!
La'ra:  Ahh-- That is good news, as I must confess... I don't know the way to Mordor anyway.
Guv Ronjar:  Well, thats alright then... (turning to address the hobbits, elf, and dwarf walking with them) my friends, to Lorien!
The Fellowship:  To Lorien!
[forty-nine days later]
Guv Ronjar:  (to La'ra) So, you don't know the way to Lorien either?
La'ra:  No... I must confess that as well.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 10:33:35 pm by Hstaphath_XC »
Hilaritas sapientiae et bonae vitae proles.

Offline Governor Ronjar

• Lt.
  • 'None Farther...'
Re: What if La'ra and The Guv had been in MP:LotR???
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 08:09:29 pm »
Words cannot express my laughter, especially when my eyes stumbled upon the buffalo wrestler comment.

And it did rather sound like one of our conversations, since La'ra believes me to be as subtle 'as a sledge hammer'...

Good stuff, man!

--rog!
'It's a lot of hard work being a mean bastard...' --Captain Eric Finlander, CO USS Bedford (The Bedford Incident)

'Jaken...are you pretending to be dead?' --Lord Sesshomaru, Inuyasha.

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• The Official Bard of XenoCorp
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
  • Captain, XC Hydran Squadron
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 10:37:18 pm »
Glad to be of service!  Particularly if it inspires you to whip out another scene or two for the stories you have in progress right now.   ;)

I really do feel like I should save this somewhere... hmmm...
Hilaritas sapientiae et bonae vitae proles.

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 01:31:37 am »
It's not that you HAVE to be as subtle as a sledge hammer.

It's that you PREFER to be as subtle as a sledge hammer. ;D
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight