Topic: atheorhaven's WIP and release thread (re: TARDIS v3r released.. :)  (Read 97905 times)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Re: TARDIS v3 released.. :)
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2010, 02:41:11 am »
Then one more bump.. ;)

It's up on Battleclinic now as well..

http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=4752

Took me a bit to figure out how to upload on the new weird format, I don't intuitively see "Upload" under "Tools".. I'd see it as being attached to the SFC (or whatever game) section and then "Upload" from there.

But whatever, I overcame my internal weirdness and found it, so there you go.  ;)

And thanks Kreeargh.. hopefully someone downloads her and plays with her and tells me how it works for them.  Seems to work okay for me, but YMMV..

I
 have found it easyer to just go to dynaverse.net main page and click on the upload button where the model release area is  ;) battleclinic.com finding through it is not the best option for SFC releases.
Time for life!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2010, 02:52:43 am »
I
 have found it easyer to just go to dynaverse.net main page and click on the upload button where the model release area is  ;) battleclinic.com finding through it is not the best option for SFC releases.

Just tried it... and it's now up here as well.
ftp://www.dynaverse.net/Models/Uploads/tardis_v3r.zip
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2010, 03:16:53 am »
ANy thoughts on adding rose herself and the Doctor charicter models to the mesh?  ;) Beautifull work by the way  :thumbsup:
Time for life!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2010, 01:54:09 pm »
ANy thoughts on adding rose herself and the Doctor charicter models to the mesh?  ;) Beautifull work by the way  :thumbsup:

I could do it via textures or small cubies, if I do that via textures, then I have to create a way of putting them in front of the console and having something viewable from both sides.  Think the better option here would be small cubies, but then you're looking at possible stretching of textures and probably 20+ textures for each figure.  Again, doable..

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2010, 01:40:46 pm »
I'm definitely expecting to see at least bit of dialogue asking why the Doctor travels around in a "porta-loo".  ;)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2011, 12:23:03 pm »
Bit of an update.. trying to get back to these (on lunches at work).  Been going through and building the templates I need to do different eras with the TARDIS.  Have some pictures and screen caps for Hartnell's, Troughton's (more or less the same), Pertwee's, TBaker's, Davison's, CBaker's, McCoy's, and McGann's.  Also, some for Smith's as well.  Interior shots may be tricky for some of these, but will do what I can.  McGann's and Smith's TARDIS' will probably be the most work.

Also, going to try and finish the Jagoroth finally, as well as finish and release the Dalek's.. I now need to update them to add the Red Dalek from near the end of Series 4 w/Tennant and do a slightly expanded mesh for the Series 5 Daleks (with Smith).

(edit: shots of the WIP textures for Pertwee's TARDIS and Smith's TARDIS so far.. upper sign needs to be changed yet on Pertwee's TARDIS and need to get a darker blue on Smith's along with SJAmbulance logo on door and text in phone door.)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:20:30 am by atheorhaven »

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
Re: atheorhaven's WIP and release thread (re: TARDIS v3r released.. :)
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2011, 01:13:19 am »
Annnnnd, it looks like we're back up.  But I've been a bit busy in the meanwhile.. ;)

Working on what will be v4 when it's all completed.. Classic Series and New Series TARDIS'.. as I've been going along I've definitely found differences between most of the various eras ships.  So I'm doing up the changes as I find them.

Have at least six variants that I've found so far starting with Hartnell's TARDIS, then Troughton's has some changes from Hartnell's, Pertwee's has changes again, totally new prop used for Pertwee and then more changes as it went along.  McGann's TARDIS was a new one as well as Eccleston's, with Tennant using it.  And Smith's we know is different again.  :)  I'm counting at least eight different variants, but will be checking to make completely sure.

At any rate, here's what's done so far along with a shot of the break MOD for McGann's TARDIS just to show you that I've not been lounging while the board has been down..

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2011, 03:53:47 pm »
Had a thought to go along with the old versions of the TARDIS, anyone up for old versions of the Daleks?

Also, adding the Hawk to this thread as well.  :)

Background for those that don't know.. we had a request to get a Hawk from Space: 1999 in game, so have been kitbashing one together from Atra's Eagle.  It's going pretty good, close to complete now.  Still need to finish getting the pods mapped properly, and get the bottom cleaned up, I have 20 jets on the bottom at this point as opposed to 8.  :p

Pics below..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:43:04 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2011, 10:36:50 am »
I just wanted to put another thanks out there for this, since I got this started. I had put up some pics of a S:1999 Eagle in game and wished out loud for a Hawk.

And poof, atheorhaven to the rescue!

Thanks again for the work.
T

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2011, 12:13:49 pm »
I just wanted to put another thanks out there for this, since I got this started. I had put up some pics of a S:1999 Eagle in game and wished out loud for a Hawk.
And poof, atheorhaven to the rescue!
Thanks again for the work.
T

No worries, it's been fun so far.  :)

How does it look to you now?  I'm thinking I may leave off those second weapon struts simply because at PF size, they won't be seen anyways and it's a few less polies.  And I fixed the back pods last night, snuck in some time.  :D

Also, beefed up the Det texture a bit more to add a bit of depth to the struts and such.. may not be seen, but if it does, it'll look a teeny bit deeper now.  ;)

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2011, 03:27:15 pm »
It's looking really great.
If you mean by "those second weapon struts" the 2 forward pods (see attached image), oh, gee, it'd be nice to keep them. Part of the iconic look of the Hawk. But if you mean something else that I'm not seeing in these pics, then,  no biggie.
I prefer low poly for in the game misself; it'd be nice to have a game with top-end models, but then again, this is a 10-year old game...

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2011, 07:59:33 pm »
I'll give you an overhead shot to show you what I'm looking at.  On the right is the studio model (replica) on the left, the mesh as it is about 5 minutes ago.  :)  The guns on the wings are what I'm mentioning that I think I'll leave off, it's just more polies.  (Which reminds me, I need to do a poly count on this one soon).

And now that I have a good overhead shot, I can clean up the textures now and make things look closer yet.  :)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2011, 12:39:07 am »
looking fantastic alec :)

Thanks man.. credit mostly goes to Atra, I'm just bending around his mesh a bit.  Credits will reflect that as well.  Did have a debate this morning about the textures for the scaffolding and I think I'm going to leave them dark and emphasised.  Won't match the reference picture, but this will be a ship to see from a distance and if I go too close to the reference picture, it'll not be similar enough to Atra's Eagle to make the design heritage obvious.  So I'll leave that texture as is.

Mostly texture tweaks now, mesh is pretty close as it is.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2011, 09:41:32 am »
Here's *almost* where it was last night.. attaching a shot of some of the texture changes after the renders (ala, as it is this morning as well).

Shows the problem I was having with the under belly, and my "solution".  Won't be quite accurate, but at least it's the proper number of lower thrusters now.

Finally, a bit of a long shot to show you how the textures are sitting.  I'm going to have to replace a generic texture mapping with a new texture as that's what's causing the white areas on the pods and the sphere on the rear thruster.

But mesh wise, think it's there now.. maybe put the fronts of the pods on a diet to slim them down and match the reference picture a bit closer.

How's it looking now though?  (not counting the pods and rear bell which is the generic texture issue I'd already mentioned)..

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2011, 11:17:03 am »
Going to hate the see the fourth page go.. will miss Zoe on the console above.  :p

Good news!  Lookie lookie.. figured out the mapping issue.. it wasn't a mapping issue.  Just needed to redirect the mesh to a different texture, that was all.  Just need to adjust the temporary texture now to match the rest of the ship, and we'll be ready for initial flight tests.  :)

Don't imagine that there'd be a volunteer to check for issues before general release, eh?  Assuming I can do a general release, checked the Permissions thread and Atra and WZ are Ask Permissions.  So just dropped a msg to WZ for his permission, and will try to get ahold of Atra for the same..

Oh, and before I forget.. I'll be doing the War Games look as well as the originally planned white version (to match the Eagles).

(edited again: and here's a pic of the white version)..
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:24:01 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2011, 01:30:36 pm »
Looks freakin fantastic! Top notch! Really torn between the "WarGames" look and the all-white, 'cause when I made the plastic model (mumble mumble 34 mumble years ago)) that's the look I went with too. :)
I'll gladly run a check for any issues, off work the next few days/weeks anyway.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2011, 01:50:19 pm »
Looks freakin fantastic! Top notch! Really torn between the "WarGames" look and the all-white, 'cause when I made the plastic model (mumble mumble 34 mumble years ago)) that's the look I went with too. :)
I'll gladly run a check for any issues, off work the next few days/weeks anyway.

Well, you'll be able to try both and see which you like better ingame.  :)

Two conditions.. post screenshots pls.. I want to see how they look ingame as well againsr a foe, and pass me an email I can send this (or a private download link) to.. until I get permission to do a general release from Atra/WZ45, this is a private request  kitbash.

What I will be able to do no matter what though is to attach the updated textures for Atra's Eagle to bring them up a bit from 256x256 and give a non-red striped version at the same time.  All I ask for is that if someone uses them.. again, send me some ingame screenshots please.. I love to see stuff ingame and being used!

(sidenote:  :p  Page 5.. sans Zoe).  :p  ;)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:08:01 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2011, 06:58:23 pm »
Okay, a few pictures while I'm waiting for this install to finish..

Been playing on the textures a bit simply to rebuild/beef them up from the 256x256 textures.  And adding some detail as well.  It also gives me the option (now) to add in some variants, and to add in some stuff to the mesh like the cargo pod simply by texturing in some of the details.  Check out the pictures, you'll see where I'm going, and the progress as I'm waiting here anyways.  :)

(ps: I know the mesh is ten years old, and as a PF noone will ever see this level of detail.  But that doesn't mean that it can't be done anyways simply to bring up the level of textures to a more modern standard.  ;)

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2011, 07:45:06 pm »
Oh, look, Gromit! Wensleydale!
 I like the detail on the pod door, itsa vurry nice.

and who says page 5 needs to stay Zoe free?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2011, 07:56:28 pm »
Oh, look, Gromit! Wensleydale!
 I like the detail on the pod door, itsa vurry nice.

Well really.. when you have a moonship, who else is going to maybe hitch a ride?  The moon is full of cheese you know...

Bit more coming down the pipe on it as well.. the aquaish logo on the side is the Moonbase Alpha logo from the Eagles.. found some good pictures of it and where it goes.  :)

and who says page 5 needs to stay Zoe free?

(sigh)..  :)

(ps: Here's an idea I'm playing with.. playing with multiple textures to show the nuclear waste barrels going into Alpha's nuke storage area.. ;)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 08:36:54 pm by atheorhaven »