Topic: atheorhaven's WIP and release thread (re: TARDIS v3r released.. :)  (Read 97925 times)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Re: atheorhaven's WIP and release thread (re: TARDIS v3r released.. :)
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2011, 01:36:08 pm »
The late TMP era IKV Gorkon KCV SFB style for the win!

Although, I suspect that in true SFB style would be plain TOS gray.

This was Atrahasis's answer to the Federation Napoleon and McArthur FCVs in classic SFB. It is perhaps one of the oldest non-kitbashed Klingon models in the history of SFC. It is showing it's age when compare to all the uber detailed Fed ships out there.

I wish you best of luck retexturing this monster...

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2011, 02:35:41 pm »
The late TMP era IKV Gorkon KCV SFB style for the win!

Although, I suspect that in true SFB style would be plain TOS gray.

This was Atrahasis's answer to the Federation Napoleon and McArthur FCVs in classic SFB. It is perhaps one of the oldest non-kitbashed Klingon models in the history of SFC. It is showing it's age when compare to all the uber detailed Fed ships out there.

I wish you best of luck retexturing this monster...

So, you'd be good with it being plain TOS grey?  One of the people I'm primarily doing this for is you btw... you were mentioning that the Klingons need a good carrier, and with so much effort always being put into Feddies, I thought that I'd try doing a turn at this.  :)

Texturing-wise, this won't be so bad, but I honestly think the worst part of it is the head.  That's a butt ugly head.. If anything needs to be kitbashed on it, it's the head.

Annnnd.. plus side, this mesh has given me another idea for a retexture/kitbash.. we'll see where that goes..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2011, 03:32:27 pm »
I am TMP era all the way.

I will pass on a TOS version, I was just giving a nod to the SFB fan base out there.

I have no doubt your retexture of the Gorkon will turn out great.

Qapla'

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2011, 02:10:23 am »
Initial work done on the upper wing.  This'll blend in a lot better once the wing and illums are complete, but it does show a bit of the base spotlights on the registry.

Also, added a spotlight above one of the hanger doors.. after all, it has to light the wing from somewhere.  And removed the bit from the upper deck (the bling trim).  Work continues..

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2011, 05:42:50 am »
I - I don't think I've ever seen this model. can you give us a full-ship view?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2011, 10:01:20 am »
Yea She reminds me of a shellback but the propotions are wrong

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2011, 02:40:39 pm »
I - I don't think I've ever seen this model. can you give us a full-ship view?

Sure can... it'll be a bit, but I'll get you top, back, front, and side views and put that into one image so you can see it all together.

(edit: Okay, here's how it looks, as it stands currently)..
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:08:30 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2011, 02:10:13 pm »
Why have I never seen this model?!?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2011, 02:18:05 pm »
I know, it's nice ain't it?  :D

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2011, 02:27:38 pm »
interesting :)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2011, 03:24:26 pm »

No idea big guy.. it's one of Atra's.. :)

Checking for credits, one sec..

Name: Gorkon-class
Race: Klingon
ERA:  late TMP / early 24th century
Hull Designation: CVH
Class: HEAVY CARRIER

Date : MAR 2000
Author : ATRA-HASIS
Email : ATRAHASIS1@HOTMAIL.COM
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/atrahasis1/index.html
Credits-AN ATRA-HASIS ORIGINAL DESIGN

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2011, 05:27:39 am »

It is perhaps one of the oldest non-kitbashed Klingon models in the history of SFC. 

It disappeared along with most of Atrahasis' earlier models when Atrahasis remodelled his website and then, later he too vanished. I believe he was working on a Battlestar Galactica project/game before he vanished.

The lesson here is that many great model makers create wonderful ships that never see widespread use because they are never put out or are but for such a limited time few people have time to collect them. It's sad because now only Terradyhne and Wicked Zombie are the only reliable makers of quality SFC non-kitbashed, Klingon ships. We need more Klingon, Lyran, Tholians, etc. to actually be released.

Again not much point in having an uber cool fed ship without an equally cool adversaries.  New players won't even try non-Federation races without equally cool ships. Cool new adversaries have to actually be released and not left on a model maker's hard drive to tease the SFC fan base...

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2011, 05:53:14 am »
nice work on the retexturing nice to see a few more miles on the old girl  ;D

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2011, 11:18:57 am »
you know someone really should tak all his model and put thme up on Battleclinic to pretect them from HD crashes

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2011, 03:51:18 pm »
you know someone really should tak all his model and put thme up on Battleclinic to pretect them from HD crashes

That depends on the modeller though and their policy.  FoaS for instance wants to release through his site, so if he ever decides to wrap it up, he'd have to release that policy and allow people to upload them to Battleclinic. 

With my work, I don't want them ported over to other games without someone letting me know (and sending me a screenshot of it in that game) simply because then I can see my pretties in another game format.  Some of it was ported to Vegastrike and I was good with it becuse he let me know and sent over shots.  Some of it was ported to Bridge Commander without the same courtesy, as well as there's a MMO (think it's an MMO) that uses 2D top view screenshots using my work that didn't notify me.  Found that doing a Google search for Defiant one day.  Not happy with that happening, so that's why I'd like screenshots just to see it ported and how it looks.  So if I ever wrapped it all up and said that that was it, I'd have to post something somewhere saying not to bother doing screenshots after porting and sending them to me because noone does anyway and it all sucks and my life is over and boo hoo woe is me.  ;)

So while Atra's work is disappearing, ultimately it comes down to respecting his wishes.  If he doesn't want the work out there anymore, then it'll disappear without people like Bernard collecting and sharing.  I do think though that someone seriously needs to go to Bernards with a couple of terabyte external hard drives and do some serious backups.  Without Bernard (and others including old sites doing this), we're losing these old ships.  Maybe take beer or his beverage of choice for doing the community such service.  :D

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2011, 10:36:25 pm »
That was kinda my point. Models like that are compariable to the treasure from Tut's tomb but one lighting strike or spilled cup of coffee and it could be gone for ever.  :'( That already happened to the original Köerner Enterprise model and I have seen it repeated many times over the last 3 years. I would hate for these to fall victim to that too.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2011, 07:02:55 am »

That depends on the modeller though and their policy.  FoaS for instance wants to release through his site, so if he ever decides to wrap it up, he'd have to release that policy and allow people to upload them to Battleclinic. 

With my work, I don't want them ported over to other games without someone letting me know (and sending me a screenshot of it in that game) simply because then I can see my pretties in another game format.  Some of it was ported to Vegastrike and I was good with it becuse he let me know and sent over shots.  Some of it was ported to Bridge Commander without the same courtesy, as well as there's a MMO (think it's an MMO) that uses 2D top view screenshots using my work that didn't notify me.  Found that doing a Google search for Defiant one day.  Not happy with that happening, so that's why I'd like screenshots just to see it ported and how it looks.  So if I ever wrapped it all up and said that that was it, I'd have to post something somewhere saying not to bother doing screenshots after porting and sending them to me because noone does anyway and it all sucks and my life is over and boo hoo woe is me.  ;)

So while Atra's work is disappearing, ultimately it comes down to respecting his wishes.  If he doesn't want the work out there anymore, then it'll disappear without people like Bernard collecting and sharing.  I do think though that someone seriously needs to go to Bernards with a couple of terabyte external hard drives and do some serious backups.  Without Bernard (and others including old sites doing this), we're losing these old ships.  Maybe take beer or his beverage of choice for doing the community such service.  :D

Thank you Alec   ;D  I'll let you all know that I do back my drive up I have a 500 gig acomidata drive so that all these models and star trek pictures and drawings that I work on are backed up on a semi regular basis.  My only disapontment was Missing Arthahasis's first version on the Arial class Carrier, I do have his early concept excelsior meshes  I would have loved to have gotten my hands on his later work namely the  Texas class rework and  Science cruiser  they were sweet but they were never released as well as the early Constitution class that he was working on.  I know that some people move on to other interests  but it would have been nice to to have that matieral released even in an unfinished form so some one else could finish it up and release it to the community.

Beer or hard liquor works for me  ;D  and if the weather is nice I'll treat you to a BBQ   I'm just glad that I can do something for the the group

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2011, 11:35:51 am »
Thank you Alec   ;D  I'll let you all know that I do back my drive up I have a 500 gig acomidata drive so that all these models and star trek pictures and drawings that I work on are backed up on a semi regular basis.  My only disapontment was Missing Arthahasis's first version on the Arial class Carrier, I do have his early concept excelsior meshes  I would have loved to have gotten my hands on his later work namely the  Texas class rework and  Science cruiser  they were sweet but they were never released as well as the early Constitution class that he was working on.  I know that some people move on to other interests  but it would have been nice to to have that matieral released even in an unfinished form so some one else could finish it up and release it to the community.

Beer or hard liquor works for me  ;D  and if the weather is nice I'll treat you to a BBQ   I'm just glad that I can do something for the the group

No, see there's doing something for the group and then there's actively going out and seeking the material and ships to archive, which is what you do.  I think that I've approached you now about a dozen times for stuff, and each time you've come through.. and that's whether it was images and schematics and links.. or meshes like the Gorkon.  I don't think that you get enough recognition for what you do, and you're quiet enough that you do tend to not get noticed or appreicated for it.

I'm calling you out sir.. :D

Thank you for helping to support this community as much as you have.. you can't texture a model without having the model to texture.. you can't model the model without having decent reference material to build it from, and even in some cases, you can't even know what to look for without some links and reference material to call on to ID what you're looking for.  You're a great go-to person for all of this, and that takes dedication and perseverance on your part to maintain all of it.

Bernard, thank you for the years of support to me and all of us here.  If I was closer to where you live, I'd swing by and take you up on your BBQ offer.  :D

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2011, 02:03:54 am »
Got a bit more done tonight.. less and less of the original bitmap layer on the top and bottom is peeking through now.. and since I took the shots, the top and bottom reddish colour are now colour matched as well.  :)

Also, Eagle and Hawk will be sent out for final testing tomorrow.. think we're ready for that, and then final  release.  Atra's original archive will be included inside the release, with the Eagle mesh coming from there and the new Eagle textures just being an add-in pack.  The Hawk will have credits indicating that it is a kitbash and that Atra is the original modeller of the Eagle.  Really don't want to take away from his work, just want to release something new with it.  :D

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2011, 10:38:20 am »
Nice ;D