Topic: atheorhaven's WIP and release thread (re: TARDIS v3r released.. :)  (Read 97915 times)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
Re: atheorhaven's WIP and release thread (re: TARDIS v3r released.. :)
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2011, 09:40:00 pm »
Update pics, made them all one shot and such.  Btw, there's no bump mapping in this shot, those are textured in.  :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2011, 12:29:57 am »
Nice ;)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2011, 12:41:14 am »
found a Space 199 model site that had the horent as a 3ds file
http://www.space1999.org/gallery/cgi_models_meshes/index.html
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2011, 11:39:01 pm »
found a Space 199 model site that had the horent as a 3ds file
http://www.space1999.org/gallery/cgi_models_meshes/index.html

Thanks for the link GAFY, downloading the lab and Ultra Probe to try and see how both are constructed.  Would like to release Atra's Eagle with a modified pod (ie: Lab module), but need to figure out how to extrude the section without screwing up the mapping.  :p

And the Ultra Probe 3ds will be used to build a kitbash off Atra's Eagle, again, want to use that to make sure that I get the idea correct at the very least.  :)

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2011, 08:18:17 pm »
Atra had also done a Ultra Probe (10 years ago?? srsly?) that's on Battleclinic for those interested
http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=4304

And here's some in-game pics of Atheorhaven's Freighter Eagle and a flight of Hawks

(I'm thinking the freighters would make good Deathrider PFs. Just increase the explosion strength to 100 or so  :D )

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2011, 01:10:41 am »
Atra had also done a Ultra Probe (10 years ago?? srsly?) that's on Battleclinic for those interested
http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=4304

And here's some in-game pics of Atheorhaven's Freighter Eagle and a flight of Hawks

(I'm thinking the freighters would make good Deathrider PFs. Just increase the explosion strength to 100 or so  :D )

Damn... those are *nice* screnies!  Really happy with the frieghter, despite being textured, the mid section looks good.  :D

Now just need to figure out the lab module to release..

Thanks for the shots TAnimaL.. is it living up to your expectations?  And how is it for rendering?  Those textures are double the resolution as the originals, so things may be slower(?)

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2011, 12:06:52 pm »
I haven't noticed any speed issues with  4 to 8 Eagles & Hawks flying around, and my box isn't anything special. I may just have to run a test later with a LOT of them flying. You know, just to be thorough... ;)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2011, 05:25:06 pm »
Speaking of Eagles and Hawks..

The last two Eagles (minus the Labratory Eagle I'm still working on.

Here's the Diplomatic Eagle, and the updated Red Rock Eagle.  Also, downloaded Atra's Ultra Probe (thanks TAnimaL!) and did a bit of work on it to make it match my scheme here.  If there's an interest in it, will post it as well.  :)

Btw, if anyone is interested in what the Red Rock Eagle and Ultra Space Probe started as so they can see the changes I've made, I'm attaching an image as well.  :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 05:39:15 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2011, 11:29:38 am »
both the space 1999 and that kink are looking downright impressive, so nice to see your dedication and attention to detail

Thanks man.. :D

Small goal of trying to make it look closer to the studio model for the Eagles (and Hawks), and from there also apply to same look to the ones that you don't (or didn't) see in the show.  (Red Rock and even though they never mentioned it, you could bet there was a Diplomatic Eagle as well).

Wish I could've done a bit more justice to the Hawk's weapons pods, but was attempting not to add more textures to that.  I may still do so for the Ultra Probe.. had to add in an illumination texture for the thrusters last night, so if I'm going that far.. may as well add those solts into all the texture slots and the textures to go with them.  Then later on down the road, (maybe tomorrow or next month, or next year, or next decade or whenever) if someone finds this museum piece of code, they could play with it more and see what they come up with.  :)

As for the Gorkon.. I've never really redone textures for a Klingon before in such depth, so thought that I'd experiment and see what I could do with it.  Been a lot of work so far (and I haven't been mirroring the textures as in the original) but I like how it's coming out.  Well, may still change the top wing a bit, not a super big fan of how that  registry and illumination completely looks at the moment.

intermech

« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2011, 04:43:32 pm »
Que classic Interstellar Machine line . . . have you considered applying transparent textures to that Eagle?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2011, 12:03:39 am »
Que classic Interstellar Machine line . . . have you considered applying transparent textures to that Eagle?

Completely have thought of it, but that only works in SFC3, yes?

Just found my demo installs for SFC1 and SFC2, will have to start trying some of my stuff ingame again.  :)

(ps: Can you PM me?  I do have a question about the tranparent textures I wanted to ask you.. I think I have the idea reversed and just want to clarify with you.  :D

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2011, 12:39:38 pm »
Okay, quick update because I have to get on the road.. and I'm modding when I should be driving.  :p

Did a bit more work to the Ultra Probe last night, and dropped a PM to TAnimaL to see if he'd like to play test it ingame..

Major things were adding a bit more detail to the upper parts of the ship, and added a few small lights, plus an access hatch (small and designed for unfueled inspections and inside welding) on the tank assemblies. 

Nothing too major because I don't want to radically change the look, just beef it up a bit.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2011, 04:47:25 pm »
I promised atheorhaven I'd battle-test his new Ultra Probe, here it is in-game...

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2011, 05:00:22 pm »
and a few more in game, alongside some Eagles and Hawks.

Besides just looking frakin' awesome, the models seem small enough not to cause any problems. I ran one battle that was 8 sides, each with 3 Ultras as PFTs carrying 2 Eagles and 2 Hawks. Lessee, 18 ships, 72 PFs, and things ran smoothly... Well, as smoothly as it can with 75 hostiles coming after you, but my PC had no problems handling that many models

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2011, 01:13:45 am »
Thanks for testing these.. it's helped identify an issue.. looks like I didn't get the illumination texture added into the mesh for the tanks.  There should be lights front and back and they're not showing in the screenshots.  Also, didn't see the cockpit door light either, and that should also be there.

Will corrrect the mesh entries and resend you the corrected mesh for you to try.  Should be an immediate difference.  :)
[edit: check your PM's for download link, issue was maps, not mesh)

Cool to hear that they're running as smoothly as I was hoping though, doubling the size of the textures doesn't appear to be an issue thanks to Moore's Law.  :D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:47:25 am by atheorhaven »

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2011, 06:00:06 pm »
Working on a couple of things in addition to the carrier.  Found Rogue's "USS Atheorhaven" the other day and was playing with it a bit updating illumination textures and such.. which turned into more.  A lot more.. wound up starting to amalgamate Khaliban and p81's FCA textures on it, plus started the Alseides lighting treatment on it.. yeah, a bit more than I was thinking of originally.

Also got gmax installed on a laptop so that I can use something that will import and export MOD files legally away from home, should allow me to work on that airship/aeronef update I was planning on a while back.  FoaS got me looking seriously at those, and it looks like a good project to try and beef up my modelling skills.  Just working on basic shapes at the moment, not even at the joining together stage.  But I'm a bit excited at the idea.. :)

Pics of the FBCV later on when I fire the laptop up.. also, going to go for a Hawk/Eagle release this weekend because I think it's fair to say that I've certainly waited patiently for Atra to get back to me.  Will go with the idea of including his original model in the download and will include an "update" pack in the wrapper to update his texture sets with the ones I've done.. plus updated MODs for the Eagles/Hawks to add in the proper illumination maps.

Will do the same with the UltraProbe.  Now.. anyone interested in the Swift/SuperSwift or their Space Dock?  Been thinking of doing those as well.. :)

(edit: pictures are up.. I've done "before" and "after" shots just to show where I'm at.  Early days, illumination textures isn't properly aligned yet on the secondary hull even.. but it's a start.  Always wanted to something with Khaliban's textures.. and this seemed a good ship to play with them on.  After all, if it has my name on it, I should at least *TOUCH* it once or twice.. ;)  And thanks again to Rogue for doing this up way back when.. :D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 04:38:54 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2011, 09:34:53 am »
nice shangrala ;D

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2011, 12:39:14 pm »
Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2011, 12:27:31 am »
This would make a real nice medical ship and could also  serve as a pf fighter transport with minor modeling needed. Good work there!  :thumbsup:
Time for life!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2011, 05:12:34 pm »
No need to wait for this one.. Rogue has it up on Battleclinic since 2007.. ;)
http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=1383

All I'm trying with it is working on the textures on his work (after all, it's not everyday someone names a ship after you).  Just tying some ideas on it, some of the same things I was doing on "Generations at War" and Atolms USS Alseides as mentioned, but also am going to use this one as the test bed for the SFC3 Transparent texture test I wanted to try.  That side door simply screams to try opening that up via transparent textures.  :D

But it's a good kitbash as is, so feel free to grab it now if you'd like.   I will make the texture pack available once I've completed it if people would like, but I have a subtle modification in mind for public release if I do that.  (Mouahaha)..

Kreeargh, what kind of modifications are you suggesting to make it a PF transport?