Topic: atheorhaven's WIP and release thread (re: TARDIS v3r released.. :)  (Read 97914 times)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
Re: atheorhaven's WIP and release thread (re: TARDIS v3r released.. :)
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2014, 02:40:53 am »
Last two for tonight...
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2014, 07:01:11 am »
I actually watched the Starlost when it first appeared on tv. I think that I saw every episosde. Its been a while. The 2 episodes
I mostly remember was the John Colicos episode and the Walter Koneig episodes he did 2 I think.  Yes it was very low
budget and filmed directly to Video Tape at the time.  It was an interesting premise.  An Arc sent out to save the last
of humanities Cultures from a dying Earth but now its self being threatened because it was on a collision course with an alien
sun and the original crew members now long dead from some malfunction only the humans in the different cultural domes
are left alive. Harlen Ellison came up with the concept I think. I also remember starlog having articles on it.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2014, 03:42:33 pm »
Entire series is on youtube Play list
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2014, 04:58:45 pm »
Watched the first episode, it wasn't that bad. It reminds me of "Land of the Lost"/"Land of the Giants"/"Dr. Who (circa 1976)" production/quality wise.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:17:30 pm by Vipre »
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2014, 02:13:41 pm »
I always liked it because it tried some amazing stuff for its time.  Usually, sci fi wasn't taken very seriously then (Lost in Space was more the norm), so when you look at the facts that it was made in Canada, serious, syndicated, and more or less direct to video.. this show was decades ahead.  The scripts were the poorest thing about the show, but the ideas were pretty good.  And considering what they had, the sets were pretty decent.  Plywood spaceships aside, I like it.  The thing that stuck with me the longest was the ship itself and the Sphere Projector Computer AI.  The voice and his weirdness (William Oster) was the thing I remembered the most from being a kid watching this besides the characters Amishy clothes.

Didn't have time to work on it again yet, more updates when I get them.  As fun as it is to do this from scratch, am really worried about the poly count.  :p

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2014, 11:31:16 pm »
I remember that show!  Only one or two episodes actually aired where I lived.  Every night the show would come on, there was a basket ball game.  Folks wonder why I hate basketball.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2014, 02:44:23 pm »
Had to redo a bit, still not totally happy with the domes.  They're too crunched down for my liking.  Once I find a good shot with a side profile, I'll raise the dome to match.  Also, there's a bit of a gap at the base of the domes, and I need to reduce a poly duplication at the bottom of these domes.  I know what to do, just working a lot.  Dome textures is greatly improved now finding a method to increase the depth of the dome visually.  That way  the bottom of the dome isn't near the top.  Also am debating inverting polices on the dome so seeing inside is possible, but the better option would be the alpha blending under SFC3.  So many decisions.. I'm enjoying it though..

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Lt.
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2014, 07:32:32 am »
Looking forward to seeing the results alec  ;D

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2014, 06:05:51 pm »
Spent SEVERAL hours on it last night.. and it's almost complete.  :)

Now it's just texture matching and I think I have to flip it around, plus scaling.  Using the default scale might make it close to the original story bible scale (8000 miles/13000 km), but I'm going to scale it down to be B5 size (5 miles).  Otherwise it's just far too large for the game.

But I'm pretty happy with where it is, even though I had to make the domes darker.  It looks closer to in show, and that was the most important part. 

And we're looking around 20,000 polies which is about our upper limit, so I think we're good.  :D

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Lt.
« Reply #189 on: July 13, 2014, 07:50:37 pm »
Fracking Incredible  ;D

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2014, 02:47:21 pm »
Thanks Bernard.. going to pull it back into 3dsmax and compare it to the overhead model shot.. I think the arms are too short, and I want to try and scale it against that comparison.  Once that's done, I think it'll be ready for ingame testing.

Starting to get a few ready for release including this.. just looked today and other than glow files for a lot of these, I've got at least seven or eight ready to post.  All will have SFC1, SFC2, and SFC3 versions where I can.

Checked and updated a couple of Daleks today.. made sure the Black Dalek with the Classic Dalek wing had the proper eye for the period, plus the right pad underneath (have attached a pic).
Also, have almost all the Daleks done.. but I think I'm going to do up two more, the red/gold one from the Davros appearance with Tennant's Doctor.. and also the Ironside version from Smith's Doctor.

So I have eight subfolders so far, but there's two versions of the Black Dalek now (for nine) and with the other two, that'll bring them up to eleven.  A lot of Daleks to play with, so everyone should have pretty well their "favourite" one in there when complete.

Kreeargh's SS Madame De Pompadour is about ready to release as well.. working on SFC3 glow files and shots for it.

Jagoroth should be ready to go more or less, just need to test in SFC next.

You've seen K-9 scooting around in game now, just working on his SFC3 shots and glowfiles, but he's ready for SFC 1 and 2..

Looking in my mesh folder (what I used to start a lot of these).. I got reminded I have a Suliban Cellship, Dalek Baseship, Farscape 1, Levithan Pod, Lexx, and the Rani and Master's TARDIS to work on at some point as well.  :)

Now you can see why I wanted to find my original meshes folder again.. had too much on the go to remember it all.  ;)

Attaching the Smartie gang Dalek pic to show what they all look like, plus a shot of the Black Dalek led Classic Dalek flight wing.  :)

Thinking I may want to send some of these out for play testing in someone else's game.. any volunteers?

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #191 on: July 16, 2014, 10:28:43 pm »
I suppose you're the guy to ask since you like non-conventional models. Would you make Dr.Evil's sub from Goldmember?

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2014, 09:20:20 am »
great Starlost Ark atheorhaven and your Daleks are great to  :D

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2014, 01:08:35 pm »
I suppose you're the guy to ask since you like non-conventional models. Would you make Dr.Evil's sub from Goldmember?

I can try.. how about I promise that.  :)

But you know who'd be better at doing the mesh?  Kreeargh.  He and I worked on the Pompadour together and he's a better mesher than I am.  :)

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2014, 02:24:38 pm »

I can try.. how about I promise that.  :)

But you know who'd be better at doing the mesh?  Kreeargh.  He and I worked on the Pompadour together and he's a better mesher than I am.  :)

Considering what I'm paying you that's about all I can ask.  ;) ;D

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2014, 11:37:58 pm »
Checked and updated a couple of Daleks today.. made sure the Black Dalek with the Classic Dalek wing had the proper eye for the period, plus the right pad underneath (have attached a pic).
Also, have almost all the Daleks done.. but I think I'm going to do up two more, the red/gold one from the Davros appearance with Tennant's Doctor.. and also the Ironside version from Smith's Doctor.
So I have eight subfolders so far, but there's two versions of the Black Dalek now (for nine) and with the other two, that'll bring them up to eleven.  A lot of Daleks to play with, so everyone should have pretty well their "favourite" one in there when complete.

Additional on these.. I finished the ironside version, as well as the "Supreme Dalek" from "Tne End of Time".. which reminded me that there was another Supreme Dalek before that..

So those are almost ready.. I just need to do the Davros version as well..

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #196 on: September 02, 2014, 07:58:12 pm »
Just doing up the credits for the Madame De Pompadour..  and really need a place to upload these.  Will try Battleclinic.

Also, need to add a new version for Capaldi to my TARDIS now..

Daleks I think are done, can't think of any others to do.  (Besides the Peter Cushing ones, and most of those are simple recolours of the lights on the dome).

Still working on the Ark, need to lengthen the arms a bit.  Haven't started on the sub... one of these days..

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2018, 01:32:53 am »
So, that was a bit of a break.. (yawn)

This was a request that I had of Kreeargh, to do up the "SS Madame de Pompador" from "Girl in the Fireplace" during David Tennant's run.  I think he did a fantastic job of it, and I've been meaning to upload it for a bit now.  Just needed to find a place to put it, and thanks to the deal I got with the phone, I have 100GB of space on Onedrive for a couple of years to upload things to.  Hopefully, people can download from there as well.

So, from the show:

And Kreeargh's rendition is above.. :)

He's done a spot on job, and it's gorgeous in game.  Hopefully, the Onedrive links will work now:

SFC1 version (if it downloads)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiVD7RYOLnHrgQKhbSHy8W7p2GZK

SFC2 version (if it downloads)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiVD7RYOLnHrgQAUSsiyTPnlZ6vi

SFC3 version (if it downloads)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiVD7RYOLnHrgQGupWHE3Nfea9RS

If someone can download it and try it out ingame and then post an ingame pic, I'd appreciate it.  :)

Enjoy, and again, I really appreciate Kreeargh for doing this for me, it's one that I needed to see ingame.  :D

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2018, 02:18:22 am »
They only ran one or two episodes of Starlost in my market.  I watched the full run on Youtube.  It's not that bad.  I've tried to watch Space 1999, but it make me cringe too much.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2018, 02:43:11 am »
They only ran one or two episodes of Starlost in my market.  I watched the full run on Youtube.  It's not that bad.  I've tried to watch Space 1999, but it make me cringe too much.

I've got the full runs for both, which is why I'm trying the Ark.  I liked Starlost as a kid, and the computer on the show was my first computer UI.  Forever warped me into liking snarky UIs.  For Space.. I liked the first series better than the second. just wish that they'd paid more attention to the science in it.  Even as such, am doing some kitbashes in it, because I loved the show.  May do a mesh for a show that Issac Asimov was a science advisor on in roughly that time period as well, where they got the science right.  Not going to name it yet as of yet in case I don't get around to it.. don't want to promise something I might not do.  :)