Topic: atheorhaven's WIP and release thread (re: TARDIS v3r released.. :)  (Read 97908 times)

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
Re: atheorhaven's WIP and release thread (re: TARDIS v3r released.. :)
« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2018, 04:40:59 pm »
Do you guys know that in the UK that the slang name for a portable toilet is "The Turdis"??
The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2018, 08:20:57 pm »
So, that was a bit of a break.. (yawn)

This was a request that I had of Kreeargh, to do up the "SS Madame de Pompador" from "Girl in the Fireplace" during David Tennant's run.  I think he did a fantastic 0job of it, and I've been meaning to upload it for a bit now.  Just needed to find a place to put it, and thanks to the deal I got with the phone, I have 100GB of space on Onedrive for a couple of years to upload things to.  Hopefully, people can download from there as well.

So, from the show:

And Kreeargh's rendition is above.. :)

He's done a spot on job, and it's gorgeous in game.  Hopefully, the Onedrive links will work now:

SFC1 version (if it downloads)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiVD7RYOLnHrgQKhbSHy8W7p2GZK

SFC2 version (if it downloads)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiVD7RYOLnHrgQAUSsiyTPnlZ6vi

SFC3 version (if it downloads)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiVD7RYOLnHrgQGupWHE3Nfea9RS

If someone can download it and try it out ingame and then post an ingame pic, I'd appreciate it.  :)

Enjoy, and again, I really appreciate Kreeargh for doing this for me, it's one that I needed to see ingame.  :D

Hows it goin bro its been a while . I just got sfc1 back after 15 years of it not working. I just dl the sfc1 version the model is white in the game i think the maps have to be resized to 512 i dont think sfc1 can run a 3 meg texture map. Im gona play with it see if i cant get textures to show up in the game.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #202 on: July 04, 2019, 04:27:08 am »
Did that work for you?  If not, let me know and I'll put up a small texture pack..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #203 on: July 07, 2019, 06:32:15 pm »
not a modeler myself, but i found an interesting toaster, and converted it to MOD using my 'model browser' program in a few minutes.
Didnt had all textures, so i used the same for everything.
But it ended looking cool anyway.
Even added the custom ingame UI's in a couple of minuts.

I can almost imagine an epic battle against the phone booth posted in the start of this topic !
I attached the model bellow... :)

"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #204 on: July 07, 2019, 06:36:41 pm »
Atheorhaven, sorry to bother you, but i wanted to convert the model to SFC1, and tried the script you posted on H&S...
But the model had initially 51 materials, but your script only goes to 50.
What you recommend for removing the luminance textures?

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #205 on: July 07, 2019, 07:38:14 pm »
Let me know when you make photons look like toast and plasma look like rolling/melting balls of butter.  I’ll have to load it up myself then.  Have you ever thought about creating SFC:  The Monopoly Edition??!?  That would look really cool.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2019, 01:14:05 am »
Atheorhaven, sorry to bother you, but i wanted to convert the model to SFC1, and tried the script you posted on H&S...
But the model had initially 51 materials, but your script only goes to 50.
What you recommend for removing the luminance textures?

Easy enough.. I can modify the script to add however many I need to add to it.

I'll PM you over there with the modified script.

(edit: PM was sent, you should have it now).
(second edit: just for fun, I've started modding your Toaster.mod file to add in illumination images for the toast, chrome on the toaster, a texture for the cord, and the slots for the top so that they "heat up" and show their illumination maps.  I'll play around with this and send it back on here when that's done.  Just a fun project)..

Btw, if anyone here wants to have a copy of this Maxscript let me know.. I haven't tried it with gmax, but it always worked flawlessly on my old 3dsmax 3.1..

« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 02:06:55 am by atheorhaven »

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2019, 07:23:57 am »
(second edit: just for fun, I've started modding your Toaster.mod file to add in illumination images for the toast, chrome on the toaster, a texture for the cord, and the slots for the top so that they "heat up" and show their illumination maps.  I'll play around with this and send it back on here when that's done.  Just a fun project)..

You gave me an idea.
What if, when the toaster explodes, the toasts jump from it, and its parts split away!
That would be really cool!
Maybe we can even make a short video of it and post on Redit or Youtube for maximum exposure.
An entire culture can be built around this solo project.

The "toaster" initiative !

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2019, 05:13:16 pm »
You gave me an idea.
What if, when the toaster explodes, the toasts jump from it, and its parts split away!
That would be really cool!
Maybe we can even make a short video of it and post on Redit or Youtube for maximum exposure.
An entire culture can be built around this solo project.
The "toaster" initiative !

That could easily be done, and Atra and myself (along with others have done this.  If you look early in the thread, you'll see a break MOD that shows a spheroid with a TARDIS console and the TARDIS exterior inside the sphereoid.  What happens on destruction of the "ship" is that the break .MOD fires up and shows the TARDIS shell breaking apart and the sphereoid speeding off.  So that's exactly where your toast jump off, in the break .MOD.  Pretty easy.  :D

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2019, 03:28:04 pm »
Do you guys know that in the UK that the slang name for a portable toilet is "The Turdis"??

Yessir, and there is a company there called that.  I did look it up.  ;)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2021, 01:58:53 am »
Revivng this necro thread..

Mostly because I finally got my butt around to extracting out some of the work I did on Generations at War for SFC3 into separate downloadable files. So did a *LOT* of work today to get that all up on the Box folder.

All viewable here (that I've found so far that is):
https://app.box.com/s/jj0psvlihdkn5gn299njf7itx1o0ifdy

Found some oldies and goodies. NodelsPlease' TravelPod is up there again. A lot of ships from Kane's "The Station" (Babylon 5 stuff). Some of my Space 1999 kitbashes. A lot of work, but I didn't find some of what I was looking for. Didn't find my Red Dwarf mesh yet, nor my Starbug mesh (with textures). Did find the work files for both. Found my old Blue Midget as well. Without textures of course.  More of Mackie's kitbashes that I'd converted and did illumination work on.

One thing though, to reduce file size Nannerslug did scale down the BMPs for size. So any of the SFC3 stuff will have low res textures. But this gets the Space Amoeba back, the Doomsday Machine, a lot of good work. I put credits files with all of them. What I did find today that I didn't find credits for, I didn't upload. And there was a *lot* of cool stuff I've found over the years, so that was a shame. Maybe when I eventually give up all the fame and glamour and nightlife, I'll send it to someone. >=)

A note from the readme's for G@W btw: "The New Orleans, Niagra, Freedom and TOS Aukla Models were done exclusively for Generations by Alec Theorhaven. If you desire to use these models, you MUST contact him." So, I think the only people that ever contacted me on those were Vegastrike people again, even though my kitbashes showed up in STBC (of course). Which is why I stopped for a long while.

Link up above, and enjoy poking around.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #211 on: May 28, 2021, 05:24:57 pm »
Looking for the credit file before I release this.. but I converted a mesh over for Tanimal to play with.

Attached two pictures as a hint. SFC1 and SFC2 versions are pretty done. Just need to complete illumination textures and then the SFC3 version.

(edit: One for John, just have to colour match better on the warp engines)  ;)
(double edit: This one was inspired by Kreeargh, if it looks familiar, it should.. it's a Confederation).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 02:55:13 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline MadmanMudd

• Ensign
« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2021, 10:11:06 am »
Looking for the credit file before I release this.. but I converted a mesh over for Tanimal to play with.

Attached two pictures as a hint. SFC1 and SFC2 versions are pretty done. Just need to complete illumination textures and then the SFC3 version.

(double edit: This one was inspired by Kreeargh, if it looks familiar, it should.. it's a Confederation).

Yummy!

8)

Mudd.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2021, 12:02:48 pm »
Hey, going to put this out here as an "in case".

By chance, does anyone have copies of all the stuff I've released that was original? Some of it was crap, but I'd like to get copies of it all back at the very least for nostalgia's sake. Missing my Starbug, missing my 'Dwarf, missing my TOS Station.. :(

PM me please, I'll take what I can get. Few too many HD crashes. :p
(edit: as I said, I missed my Starbug, so I recreated all the textures. I had the mesh, such as it is..)
(double edit: and for giggles, also did up glow textures for SFC3)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 02:49:55 am by atheorhaven »

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #214 on: June 07, 2021, 03:30:49 pm »
Adding these here..

Btw, if anyone ever wonders why the creative choices and such.. I'm basing the new solar panels for the TOS Jupiter Station off a near analogue time wise, the panels from a Soyuz capsule. More than a little ways to go yet..
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 05:58:59 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #215 on: June 08, 2021, 10:26:55 pm »
Brief update..

Wanted to do the TOS version of Jupiter Station since Redragon and I released his TNG Jupiter Station and then Enterprise mentioned Jupiter Station in its show. So I thought about how you could revert back a TNG station into a TOS one. Decided that the TNG station would expand on what was already there, so looked at the core components: saucers, panels, upiies/downies amd connectors. Seeing the station is kind of a set of "portable school room" idea, this is what I came up with. Put a reactor below the station where it could be ejected from, will have shuttle bays above the saucers and cooling fins below the reactor.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2021, 02:58:14 pm »
Man, this *is* a good week for me. Was scrounging through an old hard drive and found a file called fca_brk.zip. Opened it up and FOUND MY FLAGSHIP. Super happy!

Okay, so my plan is that I'm going to update my flagship for myself and then use that as a basis for a general release as a pirate. That way I'll have my custom flagship, while you all can enjoy the ship as well.

Back story on the ship. Instory, the ship is crewed by Rangers from the Babylon 5 universe. Lost in hyperspace with a scientist onboard and way off the beacon, they were dying.. running out of supplies and desperate to get back to help with the War against the Shadows. They tried an experimental jump drive enhancement to try and regain the beacon, and it instead shunted them into what was unknown space. The process destroyed their ship although they escaped in escape pods. The pods took them to the nearest habitable planet, where fortunately there was a spaceport and civilization. Where they discovered that they were not in their own universe with the Insterstellar Alliance, but something called the United Federation of Planets. Working together, they built themselves a base of operations and took scouting and recon work and eventually were able to get their hands on a surplus Federation starship which they rebuilt to suit their need to get home. Although the scientist who had gotten them there was killed in the accident, his assistant was still alive and was familiar with some of the basics of his mentors theory. So now, these Rangers are travelling the galaxy attempting to gather the technology to allow them to form a jumppoint in warp space and follow the beacon home.  That's the story at any rate. :D

Out of story and on the ship itself.. way way back, I decided that I really liked the looks of WZ45's Lethality v1 and wanted to make it my own. So with my limited skill, I flipped and chopped and painted and came up with something unique to myself. Flew her around lots and lots, then started using other ships to test with and backed her up. Then a couple of hard drive crashes and lost drives later and I couldn't find her again.  Until yesterday.

I had started to recreate her using more modern meshes. Took WZ45's v2 Lethality and parts of the Terran Anubis and Sorcerer, plus his new LN-68 nacelles. Wasn't looking right, but was getting there. But today was mostly a drag and drop and tweak session. Still not done yet, but here's some WIP pictures showing the original (well except the deflector) with where I am with the rebuild.  Again, this will be released as a modified pirate version once I've updated my flagship and do a few more tweaks. :D

So wow, a few things on the go again, totally happy about that. ALSO, Starbug with updated textures is up for download, as is Red Dwarf again. I'm working on SFC3 versions of both.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2021, 01:24:59 am »

Still looking for the credit file, but it's ready to playtest.  Think I can set up "portable" versions of the demo for playtests. Then I can have a Space 1999 playtest, a Babylon 5 play tester, a Red Dwarf play tester, Trek, and then likely a Doctor Who one as well.

And after the playtest of the station, it's the Confederation.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #218 on: July 02, 2021, 08:48:59 pm »
Well, decided that I needed something pretty to fly Shining Hope by.. WIP rejigging these textures to look more like the show..

Offline MadmanMudd

• Ensign
« Reply #219 on: July 03, 2021, 07:23:48 am »
... All Alone in the Night.

Nice.

8)

Mudd.