Topic: BSG 4.0  (Read 11726 times)

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
BSG 4.0
« on: April 04, 2008, 11:11:09 pm »
Well alrighty, gotta start a thread now that it finally has been seen.

What do you all think of it?

IMHO it was OK. Like the bullet thru Adamas eye, thinking there was no way back from that and man that would have eliminated at least one candidate for the final 12.

Why do I get the impression Baltar is going on to found the principles of Christianity? Wouldn't that be a kicker.
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: BSG 4.0
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 02:06:57 am »
I love the tension on that show. That being said,My TV was acting up tonight, I hope Judge can get me a copy of the show (damn weather and Sattelite.)

what I did see, I liked, Esp. with Starbuck. That being said, Did she seem a bit like that one crybaby who was on youtube telling america to lay off of Britney spears? I don't know, I love her story line, but her acting was maybe over the top. Hey I could be wrong, and I will find out next week. Besides possible spoilers.

With cancer back, does anyone care if she will shoot a dead person anyway?

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 03:35:48 am »
Well Stephen,

you can go to Scf-Fi/Battlestar and catch the replay of it.. it should be up there for the next week or so.

Also, I recorded it on my system using Media Center.. however I don't have a web host to upload it to..
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 03:51:53 am »
Well Stephen,

you can go to Scf-Fi/Battlestar and catch the replay of it.. it should be up there for the next week or so.

Also, I recorded it on my system using Media Center.. however I don't have a web host to upload it to..

I appreciate that Pesty. I have a friend inthe UK who is setting me up with a copy, along with Dr. Who, so I thinnk I'll be good. Thanks though, IT's most kind of you to offer. your good people Pesty.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 12:18:44 pm »
Good.  The bad thing about going from Tivo to HD-DVR is that I no longer have a DVD burner and there's no way to copy the files.  *sigh*

I will say this:  Watching THIS episode with its fracking awesome battle scenes on a 42" Flat Panel HD television was fracking awesome.

Oh, and I'll frack Baltar to get a BSG game that looks like those opening scenes.
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 12:55:11 pm »
Well Stephen,

I appreciate that Pesty. I have a friend inthe UK who is setting me up with a copy, along with Dr. Who, so I thinnk I'll be good. Thanks though, IT's most kind of you to offer. your good people Pesty.

Stephen

Stephen, if you can't find the episode.. you can watch it here :

http://www.scifi.com/rewind/?sid=32850&eid=236036
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 01:05:08 pm »
I still can't bring myself to watch the show, even though those battle scenes in the ads look great.

Whatever happened to good, noncontrived female roles in science fiction? (e.g. Ellen Ripley)

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 07:02:28 pm »
My favorite characters in this show (not eye candy) are (in order):

Number Six (Played by Tricia Helfer)
Gaius Baltar (James Callis)
Galen Tyrol (Aaron Douglas)
Callie (Can't remember the actresses's name)
Admiral Bill Adama (Edward James Olmos)
President Laura Roslyn (Mary McDonald)
Athena/Boomer/Sharon (Grace Park)
Starbuck (Katey Sackhoff)
Apollo (Jamie Bamber)

I could go on and on, but it really is a great ensemble cast that goes way beyond the Adama/Apollo/Starbuck trine of the original.  All the people that play Cylons skin-jobs do excellent work at giving different individuals of the model series their own personalities.  I also like the way things have shaped up with the skin jobs lobotomizing the other mechanical cylons and how that is coming to a head. 

Oh, and how could I forget the guy that plays Colonel Tigh?!  My gods that has been one fracked up role from the beginning and he has so much damn fun with it along the way...

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 06:06:48 pm »
Father Ted's odds on who the 12th Cylon is:

Bill Adama: 1 million to 1(I  just refuse to accept that Lt. Castillo from 'Miami Vice' could be the bad guy  ;D)
Lee Adama: 500 to 1(rejecting the CAG job and delving into politics is a bit suspicious)
Laura Roslyn: 100 to 1(resurgence of cancer and refusing to hear out Starbuck's pleading leads one to think she might just be leading them into a trap)
Gaius Baltar: 20 to 1(I just don't think it will be him though)
Starbuck: 2-1
A member of Baltar's new religious cult: Even

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 03:25:27 pm by Father Ted »

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 06:24:43 pm »
I watched the marathon of episodes from Seasons 1, 2, & 3 and I have to wonder if they were thinking of Tyrol as Cylon from the beginning.  He makes love to the vipers the way Boomer made love to the captured Raider in Season 1. 

As for the 12th Cylon, I don't think we've seen it yet, unless it is Romo Lamkin (Baltar's second lawyer that seduced Lee away from his father's side).  The picture that's up on Scifil.com right now has been referenced by Ron Moore as NOT containing the 12th model, which leaves Lee, Kara, Bill, and Laura all out of the mix.  Carl (helo) too for that matter.

Oh, and the first episode, there was a scene where Torrie, Laura, Saul, Galen, Bill, and Lee were talking about Starbuck's ship and throwing out theories.  Notice how the Cylons in that group kept on discounting any  theory that would point to Starbuck having really gone to Earth.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 02:11:34 am »
FRACK FRACK FRACK!!!!

As if Baltar having Six in his head wasn't bad enough, now he has himself in his head?  ARGH!  If inner-baltar starts having imaginary sex with real Baltar I'm going to...woops well y'all don't want specifics but at least we have two bathrooms here. 

:)

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 06:53:39 am »
FRACK FRACK FRACK!!!!

As if Baltar having Six in his head wasn't bad enough, now he has himself in his head?  ARGH!  If inner-baltar starts having imaginary sex with real Baltar I'm going to...woops well y'all don't want specifics but at least we have two bathrooms here. 

:)

have to admit when the "Inner Baltar" showed up I was a bit confused. Then some how it just made sence. The best part was when the Cat was let out of the Bag...... "When they heard what happened to the Raiders"  :o ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 11:25:42 am »
Father Ted's odds on who the 12th Cylon is:

Bill Adama: 1 million to 1(I  just refuse to accept that Lt. Castillo from 'Miami Vice' could be the bad guy  ;D)
Lee Adama: 500 to 1(rejecting the CAG job and delving into politics is a bit suspicious)
Laura Roslyn: 100 to 1(resurgence of cancer and refusing to hear out Starbuck's pleading leads one to think she might just be leading them into a trap)
Gaius Baltar: 20 to 1(I just don't think it will be him though)
Starbuck: 2-1
A member of Baltar's new religious cult: Even

Apparently RDM has said it's none of the main human cast.. Ie. Rossalin, Adamas, Starbuck or Baltar.
The latest rumours i've heard is that the last Cylon is Admiral Caine, though I have to say that I hope it's not Anastasia "Dee" Dualla, because she's the most Human of the cast, and while making her a toaster would be a major example of how Human cylons can be, I think it would be a let down.
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 06:20:24 pm »
Cylon
Civil
War

This really is the best frackin show on TV.
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 12:03:16 am »
Cylon
Civil
War

Don't mess with them animal  ER Cylon rights activists thats what you will get in the end   :2gun: :brickwall:  :lol:

I vote for President Laura Roslyn (Mary McDonald) for the # 12 .
 I remember #6 when she saw #12 she was shocked and said she was sorry or something like that. Theres 2 ppl in the Colonial fleet that i can think of as being the most important to human survival thats the President and Adama know where earth is and wont say.
Starbuck just thinks she saw earth or was taken there i think she was captured by the white gods like in the old show hence the new viper with out a scratch on it. 
Time for life!

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 08:56:41 pm »
Cylon
Civil
War

Don't mess with them animal  ER Cylon rights activists thats what you will get in the end   :2gun: :brickwall:  :lol:

I vote for President Laura Roslyn (Mary McDonald) for the # 12 .
 I remember #6 when she saw #12 she was shocked and said she was sorry or something like that. Theres 2 ppl in the Colonial fleet that i can think of as being the most important to human survival thats the President and Adama know where earth is and wont say.
Starbuck just thinks she saw earth or was taken there i think she was captured by the white gods like in the old show hence the new viper with out a scratch on it. 

I really don't like Roslyn.  She tries to play tough and does really sleazy things like ordering a forced abortion, promising prisoners that they won't be harmed and then throwing them out of airlocks, and pulling that stunt with baby Hera.  And when she isn't doing things like that, she's busy getting high and playing prophet.  Baltar was a better president, at least he normally hallucinates hot blondes.  I'm just glad they killed Elosha she was a really annoying character.  What's a real shame is that in the DVD commentaries they complained that the original in the original BSG, the civilian leaders are idiots, and Adama seems to be the only smart one, but when they need to create their own leaders, those two are the best that they could come up with.  The humans would probably be better off if she turned out to be a cylon, then they could get rid of her.  I don't think Rosilin is the #12 though.  As far as I know, Cylons don't get terminal cancer.  I think its Ellen Tigh.  I can picture her returning and confronting Saul about poisoning her.  I think that unlike the significant seven who are supposed to be generic humans, the final five are actual people who were captured and converted into cylons.  This would explain some of the inconsistency of Tigh and his family having a documented service record.  And if Tigh was kidnapped and converted, its conceivable that his wife was as well.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 09:57:59 pm by knightstorm »

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 10:19:22 am »
I always thought the original series episode where they found Earth sucked.. I want the Galactica to jump into the middle of the Federation.... Toaster 1 of 12, meet Borg 7 of 9.

Or perhaps the Stargate or Bayblon 5 universe.   ;D
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 05:13:38 pm »
I always thought the original series episode where they found Earth sucked.. I want the Galactica to jump into the middle of the Federation.... Toaster 1 of 12, meet Borg 7 of 9.

Or perhaps the Stargate or Bayblon 5 universe.   ;D

If you really want to ramp up the humor/entertainment potential, have Galactica and the human fleet jump into Ferengi space.  :smackhead:

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 08:21:54 pm »
Wow, so now we get a BSG logo at the top of the page WITh a countdown?  Sweet!

Oh, and haven't seen this week's episode yet.  My partner is taking the frakking dogs to the frakking groomers and stopped to buy dog food and is lolligagging around.  He may just come home to find me watching it anyway and frak it if he wants a divorce over that.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 06:32:58 am »
SONS OF ARES ROCK!!!

While I'm more of a follower of zeus,

I do like the idea of more nutjobs coming out to wage a holy war against Baltar's nutjobs.