Topic: BSG 4.0  (Read 11721 times)

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
BSG 4.0
« on: April 04, 2008, 11:11:09 pm »
Well alrighty, gotta start a thread now that it finally has been seen.

What do you all think of it?

IMHO it was OK. Like the bullet thru Adamas eye, thinking there was no way back from that and man that would have eliminated at least one candidate for the final 12.

Why do I get the impression Baltar is going on to found the principles of Christianity? Wouldn't that be a kicker.
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: BSG 4.0
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 02:06:57 am »
I love the tension on that show. That being said,My TV was acting up tonight, I hope Judge can get me a copy of the show (damn weather and Sattelite.)

what I did see, I liked, Esp. with Starbuck. That being said, Did she seem a bit like that one crybaby who was on youtube telling america to lay off of Britney spears? I don't know, I love her story line, but her acting was maybe over the top. Hey I could be wrong, and I will find out next week. Besides possible spoilers.

With cancer back, does anyone care if she will shoot a dead person anyway?

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 03:35:48 am »
Well Stephen,

you can go to Scf-Fi/Battlestar and catch the replay of it.. it should be up there for the next week or so.

Also, I recorded it on my system using Media Center.. however I don't have a web host to upload it to..
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 03:51:53 am »
Well Stephen,

you can go to Scf-Fi/Battlestar and catch the replay of it.. it should be up there for the next week or so.

Also, I recorded it on my system using Media Center.. however I don't have a web host to upload it to..

I appreciate that Pesty. I have a friend inthe UK who is setting me up with a copy, along with Dr. Who, so I thinnk I'll be good. Thanks though, IT's most kind of you to offer. your good people Pesty.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 12:18:44 pm »
Good.  The bad thing about going from Tivo to HD-DVR is that I no longer have a DVD burner and there's no way to copy the files.  *sigh*

I will say this:  Watching THIS episode with its fracking awesome battle scenes on a 42" Flat Panel HD television was fracking awesome.

Oh, and I'll frack Baltar to get a BSG game that looks like those opening scenes.
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 12:55:11 pm »
Well Stephen,

I appreciate that Pesty. I have a friend inthe UK who is setting me up with a copy, along with Dr. Who, so I thinnk I'll be good. Thanks though, IT's most kind of you to offer. your good people Pesty.

Stephen

Stephen, if you can't find the episode.. you can watch it here :

http://www.scifi.com/rewind/?sid=32850&eid=236036
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 01:05:08 pm »
I still can't bring myself to watch the show, even though those battle scenes in the ads look great.

Whatever happened to good, noncontrived female roles in science fiction? (e.g. Ellen Ripley)

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 07:02:28 pm »
My favorite characters in this show (not eye candy) are (in order):

Number Six (Played by Tricia Helfer)
Gaius Baltar (James Callis)
Galen Tyrol (Aaron Douglas)
Callie (Can't remember the actresses's name)
Admiral Bill Adama (Edward James Olmos)
President Laura Roslyn (Mary McDonald)
Athena/Boomer/Sharon (Grace Park)
Starbuck (Katey Sackhoff)
Apollo (Jamie Bamber)

I could go on and on, but it really is a great ensemble cast that goes way beyond the Adama/Apollo/Starbuck trine of the original.  All the people that play Cylons skin-jobs do excellent work at giving different individuals of the model series their own personalities.  I also like the way things have shaped up with the skin jobs lobotomizing the other mechanical cylons and how that is coming to a head. 

Oh, and how could I forget the guy that plays Colonel Tigh?!  My gods that has been one fracked up role from the beginning and he has so much damn fun with it along the way...

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 06:06:48 pm »
Father Ted's odds on who the 12th Cylon is:

Bill Adama: 1 million to 1(I  just refuse to accept that Lt. Castillo from 'Miami Vice' could be the bad guy  ;D)
Lee Adama: 500 to 1(rejecting the CAG job and delving into politics is a bit suspicious)
Laura Roslyn: 100 to 1(resurgence of cancer and refusing to hear out Starbuck's pleading leads one to think she might just be leading them into a trap)
Gaius Baltar: 20 to 1(I just don't think it will be him though)
Starbuck: 2-1
A member of Baltar's new religious cult: Even

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 03:25:27 pm by Father Ted »

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 06:24:43 pm »
I watched the marathon of episodes from Seasons 1, 2, & 3 and I have to wonder if they were thinking of Tyrol as Cylon from the beginning.  He makes love to the vipers the way Boomer made love to the captured Raider in Season 1. 

As for the 12th Cylon, I don't think we've seen it yet, unless it is Romo Lamkin (Baltar's second lawyer that seduced Lee away from his father's side).  The picture that's up on Scifil.com right now has been referenced by Ron Moore as NOT containing the 12th model, which leaves Lee, Kara, Bill, and Laura all out of the mix.  Carl (helo) too for that matter.

Oh, and the first episode, there was a scene where Torrie, Laura, Saul, Galen, Bill, and Lee were talking about Starbuck's ship and throwing out theories.  Notice how the Cylons in that group kept on discounting any  theory that would point to Starbuck having really gone to Earth.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 02:11:34 am »
FRACK FRACK FRACK!!!!

As if Baltar having Six in his head wasn't bad enough, now he has himself in his head?  ARGH!  If inner-baltar starts having imaginary sex with real Baltar I'm going to...woops well y'all don't want specifics but at least we have two bathrooms here. 

:)

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 06:53:39 am »
FRACK FRACK FRACK!!!!

As if Baltar having Six in his head wasn't bad enough, now he has himself in his head?  ARGH!  If inner-baltar starts having imaginary sex with real Baltar I'm going to...woops well y'all don't want specifics but at least we have two bathrooms here. 

:)

have to admit when the "Inner Baltar" showed up I was a bit confused. Then some how it just made sence. The best part was when the Cat was let out of the Bag...... "When they heard what happened to the Raiders"  :o ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 11:25:42 am »
Father Ted's odds on who the 12th Cylon is:

Bill Adama: 1 million to 1(I  just refuse to accept that Lt. Castillo from 'Miami Vice' could be the bad guy  ;D)
Lee Adama: 500 to 1(rejecting the CAG job and delving into politics is a bit suspicious)
Laura Roslyn: 100 to 1(resurgence of cancer and refusing to hear out Starbuck's pleading leads one to think she might just be leading them into a trap)
Gaius Baltar: 20 to 1(I just don't think it will be him though)
Starbuck: 2-1
A member of Baltar's new religious cult: Even

Apparently RDM has said it's none of the main human cast.. Ie. Rossalin, Adamas, Starbuck or Baltar.
The latest rumours i've heard is that the last Cylon is Admiral Caine, though I have to say that I hope it's not Anastasia "Dee" Dualla, because she's the most Human of the cast, and while making her a toaster would be a major example of how Human cylons can be, I think it would be a let down.
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 06:20:24 pm »
Cylon
Civil
War

This really is the best frackin show on TV.
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 12:03:16 am »
Cylon
Civil
War

Don't mess with them animal  ER Cylon rights activists thats what you will get in the end   :2gun: :brickwall:  :lol:

I vote for President Laura Roslyn (Mary McDonald) for the # 12 .
 I remember #6 when she saw #12 she was shocked and said she was sorry or something like that. Theres 2 ppl in the Colonial fleet that i can think of as being the most important to human survival thats the President and Adama know where earth is and wont say.
Starbuck just thinks she saw earth or was taken there i think she was captured by the white gods like in the old show hence the new viper with out a scratch on it. 
Time for life!

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 08:56:41 pm »
Cylon
Civil
War

Don't mess with them animal  ER Cylon rights activists thats what you will get in the end   :2gun: :brickwall:  :lol:

I vote for President Laura Roslyn (Mary McDonald) for the # 12 .
 I remember #6 when she saw #12 she was shocked and said she was sorry or something like that. Theres 2 ppl in the Colonial fleet that i can think of as being the most important to human survival thats the President and Adama know where earth is and wont say.
Starbuck just thinks she saw earth or was taken there i think she was captured by the white gods like in the old show hence the new viper with out a scratch on it. 

I really don't like Roslyn.  She tries to play tough and does really sleazy things like ordering a forced abortion, promising prisoners that they won't be harmed and then throwing them out of airlocks, and pulling that stunt with baby Hera.  And when she isn't doing things like that, she's busy getting high and playing prophet.  Baltar was a better president, at least he normally hallucinates hot blondes.  I'm just glad they killed Elosha she was a really annoying character.  What's a real shame is that in the DVD commentaries they complained that the original in the original BSG, the civilian leaders are idiots, and Adama seems to be the only smart one, but when they need to create their own leaders, those two are the best that they could come up with.  The humans would probably be better off if she turned out to be a cylon, then they could get rid of her.  I don't think Rosilin is the #12 though.  As far as I know, Cylons don't get terminal cancer.  I think its Ellen Tigh.  I can picture her returning and confronting Saul about poisoning her.  I think that unlike the significant seven who are supposed to be generic humans, the final five are actual people who were captured and converted into cylons.  This would explain some of the inconsistency of Tigh and his family having a documented service record.  And if Tigh was kidnapped and converted, its conceivable that his wife was as well.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 09:57:59 pm by knightstorm »

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 10:19:22 am »
I always thought the original series episode where they found Earth sucked.. I want the Galactica to jump into the middle of the Federation.... Toaster 1 of 12, meet Borg 7 of 9.

Or perhaps the Stargate or Bayblon 5 universe.   ;D
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Father Ted

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 05:13:38 pm »
I always thought the original series episode where they found Earth sucked.. I want the Galactica to jump into the middle of the Federation.... Toaster 1 of 12, meet Borg 7 of 9.

Or perhaps the Stargate or Bayblon 5 universe.   ;D

If you really want to ramp up the humor/entertainment potential, have Galactica and the human fleet jump into Ferengi space.  :smackhead:

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 08:21:54 pm »
Wow, so now we get a BSG logo at the top of the page WITh a countdown?  Sweet!

Oh, and haven't seen this week's episode yet.  My partner is taking the frakking dogs to the frakking groomers and stopped to buy dog food and is lolligagging around.  He may just come home to find me watching it anyway and frak it if he wants a divorce over that.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 06:32:58 am »
SONS OF ARES ROCK!!!

While I'm more of a follower of zeus,

I do like the idea of more nutjobs coming out to wage a holy war against Baltar's nutjobs.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 07:58:53 am »
So how many liked or disliked 1701D on the weapons locker door?  I didn't care for it as it distracted me from the drama.  Cally is toast now at the hands of a good, final 5 cylon?
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 03:37:27 pm »
Cally is toast now at the hands of a good, final 5 cylon?

Not quite, if Baltar is supposed to be Jesus then Torrie is surely being groomed as Satan. That whole last episode felt like it was designed just to reinforce her belief in her own perfection. I'm expecting to see her go into (to steal from D&D) pure Chaotic/Evil mode as thing go forward.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 01:26:25 pm »
So how many liked or disliked 1701D on the weapons locker door? 
Didn't really notice at the time. The "D" looked like a "0" at first glance.

No big deal really. However, it does pull you out of the show.
Bad decision on the part of someone.
Or as Ron Moore put it in the latest podcast: "The inmates are running the asylum".
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 10:20:10 pm »
Just saw tonight's ep.  Holy crap, a slightly happy ending, I was expecting her to get shot through that whole scene at the end.

Once again, Helo is the voice of reason.

Dianna's joke had me rolling, but it still felt a little like a 'screw you viewer'.  I knew they were going to do something like that from the previews, though.  I must never trust a trailer.

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 09:08:53 am »
As if things weren't screwey enough with a skinjob civil war, now Baltars discussing the pecking order with a Centurion. Get them all uppity; should lead to some interesting consequences. :smackhead:

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 10:09:17 am »
I was squirming in my seat when I saw Baltar talking to that Centurion.  Now, though I don't worry so much.  God has punished Baltar for going too far (what else would you call the timing of the explosion?).  He (God) also threw in a moral test for Roslin to remind her of what it means to be human. 

It was good seeing the priestess again as well.  Very nice of them to bring her back.

I'm just sad that Pike died.  I liked his pug nose. 

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 05:38:11 am »
AHHH CRAP  We have to wait untill 2009 to find out the ending :cuss:
http://tv.ign.com/articles/881/881487p1.html

Frack frack double frack!! I blame Baltar....
 ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 06:43:59 am »
Big surprise, they did the same thing in '07  :(
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2008, 11:42:41 am »
This is the first time I've seen a single season take two years to complete.

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.  – John Adams (1814)

www.lp.org

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 02:39:36 pm »
At least it WILL be shown.  I love that the first handful of dirt picked up by Adama was radioactive.  :)

Oh and damn it was a fracking good picture there at the end, on that planet.  A couple of things really stuck out, like how one of the Sixes reached out from behind Tigh to touch him gently, how D'anna interacted with both Roslyn and senior Adama, and the distance between Anders and Starbuck. 

Very nice ending overall. Can't wait to watch it again!

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 09:26:42 am »
Gods that's frustrating. 7-8 maybe even 9 months for the rest of the story.  ::)

Wild and likely insanely incorrect plot guess, Humanity started on Earth, destroyed itself, left for the stars, settled on Kobol, destroyed itself again, left for the stars again, settled the 12 colonies, and repeated the process one more time winding up right back where they started...Earth.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline Akira_Commander567

• Zachary "the Marksman" Rich
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 09:38:34 am »
Story of humanity's life, there was probably a man or woman who thought that they could have all the power to themselves.
The truth is like a thriple-edged sword, your side, their side, and the truth.

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 06:30:35 pm »
Can't get the Spoiler tags to work for some reason...... SO:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW ( assuming you haven't seen the mid season finale ) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't think things are what they seem.
I get a nagging suspicion this isn't Earth, but Terra, or at least a past Human colony world that the 13th Tribe thought was Earth.
What if the 13th tribe arrive at this world and find a Human civilisation... the 2 sides try to live together but the 13th are like outsiders, tensions rise and BOOM!
All of that could have happened in the same time frame as the colonials leaving Kobol and arriving at Caprica etc....

In some spoilers/Rumours i read today, one of the production team said the planet isn't what it seems.

Maybe this world is another stepping stone to Earth.

I admit that if it is Earth, I would like information on what happened... and I will feel really betrayed if the colonials have arrived in our past.

Personally I want the Colonials and any Cylons that join them to have a genuine happy ending, I really want to see them arrive at a place where there are people, where there are Children and families living in peace. After the conditions the people of the fleet have lived with, that seems like a true payoff....... basically everything that Voyager wasn't. Even if there is major misery before that ( more than usual ). Even if the world they arrive at is a new Human home world, I want the colonials to see the full history of Humanity that stems from Earth
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 07:37:53 pm »
What happened in the first place? I mean, did they lose Earth?

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 02:02:25 pm »
Can't get the Spoiler tags to work for some reason...... SO:I don't think things are what they seem.
I get a nagging suspicion this isn't Earth, but Terra, or at least a past Human colony world that the 13th Tribe thought was Earth.
What if the 13th tribe arrive at this world and find a Human civilisation... the 2 sides try to live together but the 13th are like outsiders, tensions rise and BOOM!
All of that could have happened in the same time frame as the colonials leaving Kobol and arriving at Caprica etc....

In some spoilers/Rumours i read today, one of the production team said the planet isn't what it seems.

I admit that if it is Earth, I would like information on what happened... and I will feel really betrayed if the colonials have arrived in our past.

Personally I want the Colonials and any Cylons that join them to have a genuine happy ending, I really want to see them arrive at a place where there are people, where there are Children and families living in peace. After the conditions the people of the fleet have lived with, that seems like a true payoff....... basically everything that Voyager wasn't. Even if there is major misery before that ( more than usual ). Even if the world they arrive at is a new Human home world, I want the colonials to see the full history of Humanity that stems from Earth

According to Pithia it is Earth. At the beginning Apollo is looking at a book with a drawing of Earth "as described by Pithia". In the picture and to which Starbuck references was the Temple of Aurora.

Watch the episode and right at the end, half a second or so before it goes black and you'll see that temple...well what's left of it that is.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 02:26:02 pm »
Ok, my older brother sent us his seasons that he had bought to us. I'll watch it when I have the time.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2008, 03:00:08 pm »
Ah but don't forget to factor in the warning the hybrid gave in Razor.  "this has all happened before, it will all happen again" (paraphrased of course, could be correct tho, not sure for sure)
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2008, 03:07:56 pm »
Humanity is known for repating certain things like genocide and such, it'll happen again. In fact, I guarennte it.

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008, 10:10:43 pm »
Can't get the Spoiler tags to work for some reason...... SO:I don't think things are what they seem.

According to Pithia it is Earth. At the beginning Apollo is looking at a book with a drawing of Earth "as described by Pithia". In the picture and to which Starbuck references was the Temple of Aurora.

Watch the episode and right at the end, half a second or so before it goes black and you'll see that temple...well what's left of it that is.

I saw that, but the possibility that they've mixed Terra and Earth up is still there I think.
The Book Apollo was looking at, only showed a Temple and the surrounding area, not a Planet and it's continents.
Also, in that Episode, it seems that it's the first time we've seen colonials with what they think is direct information on Earth itself.
Surely this means that there was contact between Earth and Kobol before the 12 tribes left. And it seems to me, that Earth might already have been established before the 13th left Kobol too. So to me it discounts the idea of Earth not being the point of origin within this BSG's mythos.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 10:20:50 pm »
Also, in that Episode, it seems that it's the first time we've seen colonials with what they think is direct information on Earth itself.

Not quite, the first time they saw what they think is direct information on Earth itself was the constellations at the Temple of Athena I believe on Kobol itself. Thats why Adama tells Gaeta to take his time verifying that they are in their correct spots.

Surely this means that there was contact between Earth and Kobol before the 12 tribes left. And it seems to me, that Earth might already have been established before the 13th left Kobol too. So to me it discounts the idea of Earth not being the point of origin within this BSG's mythos.
Can't leave breadcrumbs to somewhere you've never been so yeah either someone left Kobol settled Earth then returned to the 12 colonies with the "prophecies" of Pithia leaving clues to it's location on the return trip or Earth was the starting point and Kobol was second.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2008, 06:56:20 am »
The series as a whole borrows some of the story elements of the original: Baltar's betrayal, survival of Galactica & Pegasus, human exodus, etc.. Now keep in mind the still unexplained disappearance and return of Thrace. The original serious had the intervention of higher powers ("ship of lights"), Apollo's disappearance and the discovery of other humans along the trail to Earth (Eastern & Western Alliance planet). I think they are dipping into those elements again.

Perhaps the Colonial Gods are real and are the meddling higher powers behind Thrace's return with a sparkling new Viper that points to "Earth" as described at the temple on Kobol. Thrace inferred that the star field they saw from the temple would be the same as seen from Earth. What if it actually was meant to provide just a stepping stone to a planet from where the Gods would leave a new pointer and issue a new warning such as the Eastern & Western Alliance planet, although this time the warning is a destroyed planet as would have happened if the ICBMs had really flown back in the original serious. :huh:

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2008, 07:43:44 am »
Thrace inferred that the star field they saw from the temple would be the same as seen from Earth. What if it actually was meant to provide just a stepping stone to a planet from where the Gods would leave a new pointer and issue a new warning such as the Eastern & Western Alliance planet, although this time the warning is a destroyed planet as would have happened if the ICBMs had really flown back in the original serious.

Not bad but didn't she base that on Pithia's description which went something to the effect of, "When they arrived on Earth they looked up and in the sky saw their brothers" a reference to the constellations. The image in the temple was the night sky displaying them and she recognized the connection with the descriptuion.

Anything's possible, but with so few episodes left it seems like it'd be kind of hard to have an "Eastern & Western Alliance planet" style plot, deal with the other cylons (they weren't all killed when the hub was destroyed were they?), find the fifth cylon and tie everything up with the discovery of "the real" Earth.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2008, 09:58:50 am »

Not quite, the first time they saw what they think is direct information on Earth itself was the constellations at the Temple of Athena I believe on Kobol itself. Thats why Adama tells Gaeta to take his time verifying that they are in their correct spots.

Can't leave breadcrumbs to somewhere you've never been so yeah either someone left Kobol settled Earth then returned to the 12 colonies with the "prophecies" of Pithia leaving clues to it's location on the return trip or Earth was the starting point and Kobol was second.

What I meant about the colonials understanding of Earth, is that it was the first time we've seen info they've had from before the escape from Caprica et al.
The Hybrid also said that they should not follow Kara.... as far as I can see, that's exactly what they have all done.

The viper was pointing the way to Earth, but then, so was the arrow of Apollo, and the Temple of Jupiter and the Ionion Nebula etc.... this world could be another guide to that place, another stepping stone.

I don't think it would take much to make it so. You just need them to find a temple or sealed documents saying the world is called Terra, and that some kind of cataclysm is occurring, and we've decided to return to humanities birth place... .Earth. This would cause major upset for the colonials because they think they originated on Kobol.... and I think it would then be a good lead to the idea that the Colonials were the Kobol version of Cylons, and they caused the destruction, and that the 12 tribes were based on 12 models of Cylons that existed. Where as the 13th tribe were the surviving Humans who fled back to Earth. So all of this has happend before and it will again......

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2008, 02:43:17 am »
ofcourse to me the sun looked a little to close for it to be earth  ;)

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2008, 05:45:06 am »

Good point... I noticed that the sun seemed a bit too bright, but didn''t pay it enough attention.... what with being shocked etc.  ;D

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2008, 03:32:33 pm »

Good point... I noticed that the sun seemed a bit too bright, but didn''t pay it enough attention.... what with being shocked etc.  ;D

Well, maybe due to air burst Nukes the upper Atmosphere has thined down and the sun looks brighter and closer (not being filtered out as much)
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2008, 01:22:54 am »

Well, maybe due to air burst Nukes the upper Atmosphere has thined down and the sun looks brighter and closer (not being filtered out as much)

Just a tiny flaw to that. When you see the sun you are above the atmosphere out of any interference.

Offline Father Ted

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2008, 05:44:45 pm »
Just theorizing, but I see three possible outcomes:

1. The Cylons beat Galactica to Earth and wiped it out.  :smackhead:

2. It's not Earth.  :lol:

3. The writers ran out of ideas and just decided to rip off "Planet of the Apes", which will lead to lynch mobs outside their houses for ripping them off for 4 years.  :2gun:

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2008, 12:39:14 pm »
I see it as that they found Earth post WW III... Now they have to decide where to go or if to settle and rebuild the Earth.. will the Cylons and Humans continue their truce, and what about the other faction of the Cylons.. are they on their way also (remember that the Hybrids are interconnected)

And finally, the #5 of the final 5 cylons still has to be announced.

BUT we have to wait until Jan of 09, I think, to find out.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Spartan-039

• Master of the Tau Empire sept, Vor'kan
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2008, 06:32:21 pm »
What happened in their WW III? Also, I think I like the third option you gave Father Ted..........*gets a noose ready*............. er...uh, I said nothing.
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.