Topic: BSG 4.0  (Read 11717 times)

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: BSG 4.0
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 07:58:53 am »
So how many liked or disliked 1701D on the weapons locker door?  I didn't care for it as it distracted me from the drama.  Cally is toast now at the hands of a good, final 5 cylon?
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 03:37:27 pm »
Cally is toast now at the hands of a good, final 5 cylon?

Not quite, if Baltar is supposed to be Jesus then Torrie is surely being groomed as Satan. That whole last episode felt like it was designed just to reinforce her belief in her own perfection. I'm expecting to see her go into (to steal from D&D) pure Chaotic/Evil mode as thing go forward.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 01:26:25 pm »
So how many liked or disliked 1701D on the weapons locker door? 
Didn't really notice at the time. The "D" looked like a "0" at first glance.

No big deal really. However, it does pull you out of the show.
Bad decision on the part of someone.
Or as Ron Moore put it in the latest podcast: "The inmates are running the asylum".
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 10:20:10 pm »
Just saw tonight's ep.  Holy crap, a slightly happy ending, I was expecting her to get shot through that whole scene at the end.

Once again, Helo is the voice of reason.

Dianna's joke had me rolling, but it still felt a little like a 'screw you viewer'.  I knew they were going to do something like that from the previews, though.  I must never trust a trailer.

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 09:08:53 am »
As if things weren't screwey enough with a skinjob civil war, now Baltars discussing the pecking order with a Centurion. Get them all uppity; should lead to some interesting consequences. :smackhead:
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 10:09:17 am »
I was squirming in my seat when I saw Baltar talking to that Centurion.  Now, though I don't worry so much.  God has punished Baltar for going too far (what else would you call the timing of the explosion?).  He (God) also threw in a moral test for Roslin to remind her of what it means to be human. 

It was good seeing the priestess again as well.  Very nice of them to bring her back.

I'm just sad that Pike died.  I liked his pug nose. 
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 05:38:11 am »
AHHH CRAP  We have to wait untill 2009 to find out the ending :cuss:
http://tv.ign.com/articles/881/881487p1.html

Frack frack double frack!! I blame Baltar....
 ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 06:43:59 am »
Big surprise, they did the same thing in '07  :(
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2008, 11:42:41 am »
This is the first time I've seen a single season take two years to complete.

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.  – John Adams (1814)

www.lp.org

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 02:39:36 pm »
At least it WILL be shown.  I love that the first handful of dirt picked up by Adama was radioactive.  :)

Oh and damn it was a fracking good picture there at the end, on that planet.  A couple of things really stuck out, like how one of the Sixes reached out from behind Tigh to touch him gently, how D'anna interacted with both Roslyn and senior Adama, and the distance between Anders and Starbuck. 

Very nice ending overall. Can't wait to watch it again!
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 09:26:42 am »
Gods that's frustrating. 7-8 maybe even 9 months for the rest of the story.  ::)

Wild and likely insanely incorrect plot guess, Humanity started on Earth, destroyed itself, left for the stars, settled on Kobol, destroyed itself again, left for the stars again, settled the 12 colonies, and repeated the process one more time winding up right back where they started...Earth.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline Akira_Commander567

• Zachary "the Marksman" Rich
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 09:38:34 am »
Story of humanity's life, there was probably a man or woman who thought that they could have all the power to themselves.
The truth is like a thriple-edged sword, your side, their side, and the truth.

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 06:30:35 pm »
Can't get the Spoiler tags to work for some reason...... SO:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW ( assuming you haven't seen the mid season finale ) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't think things are what they seem.
I get a nagging suspicion this isn't Earth, but Terra, or at least a past Human colony world that the 13th Tribe thought was Earth.
What if the 13th tribe arrive at this world and find a Human civilisation... the 2 sides try to live together but the 13th are like outsiders, tensions rise and BOOM!
All of that could have happened in the same time frame as the colonials leaving Kobol and arriving at Caprica etc....

In some spoilers/Rumours i read today, one of the production team said the planet isn't what it seems.

Maybe this world is another stepping stone to Earth.

I admit that if it is Earth, I would like information on what happened... and I will feel really betrayed if the colonials have arrived in our past.

Personally I want the Colonials and any Cylons that join them to have a genuine happy ending, I really want to see them arrive at a place where there are people, where there are Children and families living in peace. After the conditions the people of the fleet have lived with, that seems like a true payoff....... basically everything that Voyager wasn't. Even if there is major misery before that ( more than usual ). Even if the world they arrive at is a new Human home world, I want the colonials to see the full history of Humanity that stems from Earth
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 07:37:53 pm »
What happened in the first place? I mean, did they lose Earth?

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 02:02:25 pm »
Can't get the Spoiler tags to work for some reason...... SO:I don't think things are what they seem.
I get a nagging suspicion this isn't Earth, but Terra, or at least a past Human colony world that the 13th Tribe thought was Earth.
What if the 13th tribe arrive at this world and find a Human civilisation... the 2 sides try to live together but the 13th are like outsiders, tensions rise and BOOM!
All of that could have happened in the same time frame as the colonials leaving Kobol and arriving at Caprica etc....

In some spoilers/Rumours i read today, one of the production team said the planet isn't what it seems.

I admit that if it is Earth, I would like information on what happened... and I will feel really betrayed if the colonials have arrived in our past.

Personally I want the Colonials and any Cylons that join them to have a genuine happy ending, I really want to see them arrive at a place where there are people, where there are Children and families living in peace. After the conditions the people of the fleet have lived with, that seems like a true payoff....... basically everything that Voyager wasn't. Even if there is major misery before that ( more than usual ). Even if the world they arrive at is a new Human home world, I want the colonials to see the full history of Humanity that stems from Earth

According to Pithia it is Earth. At the beginning Apollo is looking at a book with a drawing of Earth "as described by Pithia". In the picture and to which Starbuck references was the Temple of Aurora.

Watch the episode and right at the end, half a second or so before it goes black and you'll see that temple...well what's left of it that is.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 02:26:02 pm »
Ok, my older brother sent us his seasons that he had bought to us. I'll watch it when I have the time.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2008, 03:00:08 pm »
Ah but don't forget to factor in the warning the hybrid gave in Razor.  "this has all happened before, it will all happen again" (paraphrased of course, could be correct tho, not sure for sure)
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2008, 03:07:56 pm »
Humanity is known for repating certain things like genocide and such, it'll happen again. In fact, I guarennte it.

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008, 10:10:43 pm »
Can't get the Spoiler tags to work for some reason...... SO:I don't think things are what they seem.

According to Pithia it is Earth. At the beginning Apollo is looking at a book with a drawing of Earth "as described by Pithia". In the picture and to which Starbuck references was the Temple of Aurora.

Watch the episode and right at the end, half a second or so before it goes black and you'll see that temple...well what's left of it that is.

I saw that, but the possibility that they've mixed Terra and Earth up is still there I think.
The Book Apollo was looking at, only showed a Temple and the surrounding area, not a Planet and it's continents.
Also, in that Episode, it seems that it's the first time we've seen colonials with what they think is direct information on Earth itself.
Surely this means that there was contact between Earth and Kobol before the 12 tribes left. And it seems to me, that Earth might already have been established before the 13th left Kobol too. So to me it discounts the idea of Earth not being the point of origin within this BSG's mythos.
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 10:20:50 pm »
Also, in that Episode, it seems that it's the first time we've seen colonials with what they think is direct information on Earth itself.

Not quite, the first time they saw what they think is direct information on Earth itself was the constellations at the Temple of Athena I believe on Kobol itself. Thats why Adama tells Gaeta to take his time verifying that they are in their correct spots.

Surely this means that there was contact between Earth and Kobol before the 12 tribes left. And it seems to me, that Earth might already have been established before the 13th left Kobol too. So to me it discounts the idea of Earth not being the point of origin within this BSG's mythos.
Can't leave breadcrumbs to somewhere you've never been so yeah either someone left Kobol settled Earth then returned to the 12 colonies with the "prophecies" of Pithia leaving clues to it's location on the return trip or Earth was the starting point and Kobol was second.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,