Topic: Bacteria make major evolutionary shift in the lab  (Read 23614 times)

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
Re: Bacteria make major evolutionary shift in the lab
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2008, 06:57:17 pm »
*Spartan pops up again behind Centurus, taps him on the shoulder and shows him his friend, the evil robotic carrots of doom.*

*whispers in the ears of the robotic carrots, then sees them run away screaming*
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Spartan-039

• Master of the Tau Empire sept, Vor'kan
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2008, 07:02:53 pm »
What'd you say to make my carrot army run?
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2008, 07:04:07 pm »
What'd you say to make my carrot army run?

I reminded them of the last time they went up against me.  They were all forced to take turns giving me a sponge bath.  But, I told them that next time, I wouldn't be wearing swim trunks.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2008, 07:05:27 pm »
*Spartan turns green and starts throwing up outside the door*
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2008, 09:26:37 pm »
mmmkkk, I'm going to say this once here.. THIS IS A BACTERIA DISCUSSION, nothing else, so please revert back on to the topic at hand, or else this thread will need to be moved.
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2008, 09:32:47 pm »
mmmkkk, I'm going to say this once here.. THIS IS A BACTERIA DISCUSSION, nothing else, so please revert back on to the topic at hand, or else this thread will need to be moved.

You're about an hour or so late.  The comotion died down a while ago.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2008, 05:06:41 am »
So what's the truth of the JFK assaination?

:police: KEEP THIS FORUM TO SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY :police:

No one here does not know this and you Spartan have been directly told this about the JFK assassination already.  Don't make me escalate this by repeating this rules violation again. 

The JFK assassination is a Hot and Spicy topic not an Engineering one.  So keep it there.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2008, 05:29:47 am »
I also have read about Neaderthal and Java man, Neanderthal was a really, really old man and Java man was actually a pigs tooth.

That claim was made about the 1st Neanderthal skeleton found.  They claimed it was an old arthritic man with rickets.  Of course that doesn't explain the other skeletons with the same characteristics.  Some of those skeletons were of children and didn't match the symptoms claimed for them.  It also doesn't explain the DNA extracted from Neanderthal teeth which is NOT human.  Closer than chimp DNA but definitely not human.

Though there really is scientific controversy over Java man it has nothing to do with pigs.  The "pigs tooth" controversy was Nebraska man.  While it isn't considered a hoax it was a mistake made and revealed by scientists.

You can believe what you want, but don't try to say that ID is not a possibiblity.

Read up on Pastafarianism.  Why it was created and why by the definition used by ID of what constitutes a scientific theory it would have to be taught alongside ID as "science".

Also, I agree with you Nemesis, some Latinos are very quick to pull the trigger.

Which I never said.

By nature I myself am a berserker with a hair trigger temper.  I however spent a lot of my life learning to controll it. There are people of all ethnic backgrounds with such tempers and I would not single out any one this way.

There's also the matter of that God invented whiskey to prevent the Irish from ruling the world.

A very inappropriate comment as is the Latino comment (falsely) attributed to me.  Don't repeat this behaviour.  Racist comments are not acceptable here.

As you have been told stick to science and technology.
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2008, 06:35:56 am »
Look it up online. I will not be fooled again by things like eviloution, and what is ID poisining?

When someone makes a claim it is up to them to back it up not those who dispute it. 

You made the claim that there were over a 100 methods of dating the age of the earth that resulted in no more than 10,000 years it is up to you to back that up.  If you don't then you can blame anyone for assuming that it is because you can't.  Its a "put up or shut up" stituation.  Can you back up your claims of over 100 scientific methods to determine the age of the Earth that result in less than 10,000 years or not?

got a DvD on it,

Would that be Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed?

If so you might want to read what one of the people who was in it had to say about the lies and deceptions that went into filming it?  Or the way one of those in it was EXPELLED from the preview when normally some one in a movie is allowed at the preview, indeed is normally EXPECTED to be there?

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2008, 10:03:20 am »
Ok Nemesis, I've been reasearching those methods to back up my story, I'm in the third page of google search results, give me a few days or a week and I'll have what I need to back me up. And no, I have not gotten that DvD yet, it's a debate between evoloutionists and creationists, the evoloutionist gotten steamrolled into the floor. I've watched Explelled but I've seen it out on DvD and probably never will.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2008, 10:40:00 am »
Pastafarianism. 

Is that by any chance like whole wheat pasta served with eggplant parmesian?

*drools*   :drool: :drool:

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2008, 11:28:08 am »

Afraid not though the FSM is something like that,.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2008, 11:38:51 am »

Afraid not though the FSM is something like that,.

Flying spaghetti monster......hmmmm.......*grabs a large, clean, nylon net, a big bowl, a fork, some salt, and 3 jars of Preggo, and begins hunting*

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2008, 04:20:01 am »

Manbearpig?  Must be related to Lisa Lampinelli.

I don't know who that is, is there a resemblance?

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2008, 06:46:23 am »

Manbearpig?  Must be related to Lisa Lampinelli.

I don't know who that is, is there a resemblance?

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2008, 08:29:43 am »
surprisingly I can see a resemblance.  Especially with the top picture.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2008, 09:30:51 pm »
surprisingly I can see a resemblance.  Especially with the top picture.

Yep.