Topic: Bacteria make major evolutionary shift in the lab  (Read 23625 times)

Offline Spartan-039

• Master of the Tau Empire sept, Vor'kan
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Bacteria make major evolutionary shift in the lab
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2008, 02:51:04 pm »
Not college, military. And I've got three years of high school left. Plus, I've spent alot reading up on evoloution before I went back, I did read all about the finches and such, I also have read about Neaderthal and Java man, Neanderthal was a really, really old man and Java man was actually a pigs tooth.Along with bones found over a few miles. I also am not suggesting that I want a theocracy, but I only want the hardcore facts to be taught, or opinoion to be taught. Science is, after all, what the facts say, and what I've done research on has lead me to belive in ID. You're saying that life happened by accident, I say that it was made by another being. You can believe what you want, but don't try to say that ID is not a possibiblity. Also, I agree with you Nemesis, some Latinos are very quick to pull the trigger. There's also the matter of that God invented whiskey to prevent the Irish from ruling the world.
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2008, 02:57:31 pm »
I WAS an evolutionist, but I found that if I looked at the theory of eviloution.......er I mean evolution from a diffrent perspective, I found that it sounded so..................idiotic. There are over 110 ways to age the Earth and most say the Earth is no older then 10,000 years old, Carbon 14 is one of the 7 or so ways that say it's older than that. Which is supporting the Scientific Method? The majority or minority? I'm no longer a eviloutionist and I will never be one again, I also think that your "evidence" is not convincing enough.  Also, wow, the Spartan population became that low, but I bet that went out with a bang though.

From a certain point of view, you're right, they did go out with a bang.  Since they had practiced selective breeding in their society, eventually you severely restrict your gene pool, which then begins to promote birth defects and various other ailments relating to eventual inbreeding, because if you only allow people to mate within your specific group, and only allow certain children to survive, after a while, you create the concept of "Nothing spells lovin' like marryin' your cousin".

So you're right, they banged themselves out of existence.

;D
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2008, 03:03:52 pm »
Not college, military. And I've got three years of high school left. Plus, I've spent alot reading up on evoloution before I went back, I did read all about the finches and such, I also have read about Neaderthal and Java man, Neanderthal was a really, really old man and Java man was actually a pigs tooth.Along with bones found over a few miles. I also am not suggesting that I want a theocracy, but I only want the hardcore facts to be taught, or opinoion to be taught. Science is, after all, what the facts say, and what I've done research on has lead me to belive in ID. You're saying that life happened by accident, I say that it was made by another being. You can believe what you want, but don't try to say that ID is not a possibiblity. Also, I agree with you Nemesis, some Latinos are very quick to pull the trigger. There's also the matter of that God invented whiskey to prevent the Irish from ruling the world.

Now your confused.  While the first Neanderthal was an old man, it was still a separate species.   When Neanderthal was first discovered, the scientist who described the bones used improper scientific method.  At the time it was believed that humans had evolved from an ape-like ancestor, but there had been no fossil finds.  Neanderthal was the first hominid discovered, and he wanted to believe that it was a missing link.  So he ignored evidence of arthritis, and described him as a quadruped.  Also, the pigs tooth was Nebraska man.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2008, 03:08:58 pm »
*shakes head because of your ignorance* . Hitler was an evoloutionist, look what he did to those "inferior" races. Karl Marx was a Christian then was taught evoloution, not long afterwords, he founded communism. What does that say? Beshides, ID is a person's views, what happened to the freedom to teach freely? Don't answer that. Beshides, give me a really solid piece of evidence that will stand up to me? I know things that you'll probably never learn in an evoloution supporting school.

Did you know that Karl Marx rejected everything that the adopters of Communism believed, because they had twisted and corrupted the very concept of what he originally created?  If you read, or were older and studied more objectively, you would have known that what eventually became known as Communism in this world is far from what Karl Marx had originally conceived.  And because they had twisted it, he rejected them all.

Hitler was a sociopathic ideologist that blamed the Jews for Germany's shortcomings and poverty after WWI, yet he was Jewish himself.  Perhaps by your reasoning, the Jewish religion is also evil because Hitler was Jewish, and he, according to you, believed in evolution theory.

But seriously, if you're gonna make allegations such as these, you gotta take them to H&S, where you can be torn apart properly.  That's what H&S is for.

I may display my insanity throughout the forums, but when it comes to such political statements, I rarely make them such as this outside H&S because even I have a boundary.  Although I am also a firm believer in the concept of an exception to every rule.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2008, 03:14:56 pm »
The fighting gene is still alive and kicking in the UK population.... Brits and Paddies are both well known the world over for violence especially after excess drinking.... :(

During the last world cup, an Italian neo-nazi group threatened to beat up the Arab spectators.  They stated that "none but the English are to be feared."

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2008, 03:17:02 pm »
*chuckels while shaking his head* Wow, Centurus. You are a pervert. But I meant that their last stand was a very violent end but left their mark on history. Also, Hitler rejected Judiasm, but I didn't know about Karl Marx rejected what he made. I really didn't know that. Going back to what I was talking about earlier, ya'll can believe evoloution if you want, just don't try to kill ID because it's just another possiblity in this world. Thanks for that bit of news knightstorm, the nazis are on the move again. Great. >:(
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2008, 03:17:44 pm »

Young, and unobservant.  Why am I not surprised?  Nemesis didn't say that Latinos are quick to pull the trigger.  I did.  But, I'm not gonna get into any trouble for it for one important reason.  I am Latino.  However, to be fair, there are many Latinos that aren't hot headed.  There are many that are very reasonable and calm.  Just that when we blow up, you know it.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2008, 03:22:39 pm »
*chuckels while shaking his head* Wow, Centurus. You are a pervert. But I meant that their last stand was a very violent end but left their mark on history. Also, Hitler rejected Judiasm, but I didn't know about Karl Marx rejected what he made. I really didn't know that. Going back to what I was talking about earlier, ya'll can believe evoloution if you want, just don't try to kill ID because it's just another possiblity in this world. Thanks for that bit of news knightstorm, the nazis are on the move again. Great. >:(

I may be a pervert, but I'm not ignorant.  Insane, yes.  Criminally insane, probably.  Completely nuts, doesn't begin to describe me.

I know what you meant though, about their last great battle.  And even though history has come to favor the story of the brave 300 Spartans that faced off an army of thousands alone, even the Spartans needed help, and they didn't fight that last battle alone.  And also, the battles at sea helped a great deal.  Didn't help the 300 Spartans and, what was it, a thousand other Greek soldiers, in their final battle, but those enemy reinforcements never really made it to shore in time.

But, in my ever trusty insanity, you left yourself wide open for the bang comment.  I couldn't help myself.

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2008, 03:25:04 pm »
My next door neighboors are Latino as well, as well as a few other people in the area. Some are trigger-happy, some are calm and coordinanted. Usually, the illegals are trigger-happy, Immigration has come by at least three times this week.Also, I respect your insanity, no matter how much  say I don't.

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2008, 03:25:19 pm »
Look at any piece of technology and you'll be able to draw up a evolutionbary tree.

Take the Armoured Fighting Vehicle (tanks to the layman) and the development into various directions during the 1920's, 1930's, 1940's, etc.

The principle driving forces pushing the evolution was the continuing counter development of the anti-tank shell and guns to shoot them from.

Various forms of suspension were developed, as were various tank concepts from machine gun only armed light tanks to multi-turreted landbattleships.

However, WW2 soon showed that some tank designs were evolutionary dead ends, whilst others proved more worthy of continued development.

The same goes for aircraft, locomotives, ships, buildings, etc.

Evolution works with technology as well.

That computer you're reading this on didn't just "happen" out of thin air, it is part of an evolutionary tree and not even the pinacle at that.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2008, 03:30:58 pm »
That's technology, not a living organism, beshides, evoloutionists keep forgeting this, what are the odds that everylife form was made by an accident. The odds are astronomical. While I say that the were made to be exactly like we are. Beshides, if we're so smart, why aren't we out of the solar system by now?

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2008, 03:42:56 pm »
MEETINGS, that's why.... >:(

Meetings are how those who can't do anything usefull but manage other who can, can hold up human progress by wasting the time of engineers and scientists.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2008, 03:49:53 pm »
Plus things called environmentalists, they limit our progression into space. >:(

Offline Just plain old Punisher

• Vice Admiral
  • I'm not facist, I just like wearing jackboots
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2008, 04:55:56 pm »
That's technology, not a living organism, beshides, evoloutionists keep forgeting this, what are the odds that everylife form was made by an accident. The odds are astronomical. While I say that the were made to be exactly like we are. Beshides, if we're so smart, why aren't we out of the solar system by now?

Life wasn't created by accident.

Keeping in mind, life has had billions of years to develop on earth.

Do you know the law of large numbers? It states, basically, that with enough time even the astronomical becomes possible -- or even likley.

"Sex is a lot like pizza.  If you're not careful you can blister your tongue". -Dracho

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2008, 05:02:20 pm »
Perhaps, there's only one way to find out, one needs to die then send a message back from the dead.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2008, 05:07:17 pm »
Perhaps, there's only one way to find out, one needs to die then send a message back from the dead.

I've been dead before.  The only message I brought back was the following:

1.) Even Heaven hates reality TV.

2.) Neither Heaven nor Hell wants me.  That's why they sent me back.  And the worst part, I didn't even get frequent flyer miles or a bag of peanuts.

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2008, 05:18:00 pm »
So what's the truth of the JFK assaination?

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2008, 05:19:30 pm »

I did it.  I'm still not sure how because my parents were still in elementary school.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2008, 05:24:46 pm »

I did it.  I'm still not sure how because my parents were still in elementary school.

I can provide some insight.  You see, in a couple years, you would have said something deserving of being smacked by a rubber chicken, however I smack you a bit too hard and send you back in time.

While in the past, you decide to try and prevent JFK's assassination, but because I sent you back only with a Polka music CD, and not a very good one by the way, you accidentally shoot JFK, and then are sent back to the present with the timeline unchanged. 

However, you managed to earn an enormous amount of frequent flyer miles and you take a trip around the world.

You sent me a postcard about it. 

:angel:

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2008, 05:31:43 pm »
Ok.................................Getting back to reality, JFK died because Johnson basically put money on his head and wanted to be president, so you didn't know that,  to think , is Area 51 real?