Topic: Hints of 'time before Big Bang'  (Read 28232 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: Hints of 'time before Big Bang'
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 07:52:19 pm »
Back on topic.
[/color]

Oh my gosh, if you belive some of this, you're a complete idiot. I belive in a Big Bang theory, but you've got the wrong time period. It will be at the end of time, it was not at the begining.

I don't pretend to have the scientific knowledge to fully evaluate this. 

On what education in physics and cosmology do you base your assertion?
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 08:22:43 pm »
Back on topic.
[/color]

Oh my gosh, if you belive some of this, you're a complete idiot. I belive in a Big Bang theory, but you've got the wrong time period. It will be at the end of time, it was not at the begining.

I don't pretend to have the scientific knowledge to fully evaluate this. 

On what education in physics and cosmology do you base your assertion?

This is so easy, I ain't even gonna touch it.

*goes back to the insane asylum and wonders if they'll let him back in*
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 08:42:57 pm »

Perhaps, but sometimes people do surprise me.
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 10:04:03 pm »

Perhaps, but sometimes people do surprise me.

Awww, come on.  Even I surprise you once in a while.  Especially that time you found me in your sock drawer planting marbles.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2008, 05:34:34 am »
Awww, come on.  Even I surprise you once in a while.  Especially that time you found me in your sock drawer planting marbles.

At least now we know where you lost your marbles.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2008, 01:19:25 pm »

At least now we know where you lost your marbles.

I didn't lose them.  I leased them out to those who aren't fortunate enough to have marbles.

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 04:23:49 pm »
In one episode Sledge turns up at the Police Station with what looks like a megaphone stuck onto the ned of his trusty gun.... he anounces that his invention is called a "Louder" and works in the opposite way to a silencer to mke a gun sound louder.... he then proceeds to demostrate it in Captain Trunk's office as cops dive for cover.

Sledge is gun mad and once returned from a 2 week vacation in Beruit.... which he decribed as his kind of city. This was in the mid 1980's.... ::)

When a neighbour refused to turn down his hi-fi, Sledge simply shot it through the wall.... ::)

Sldege once drove up and down a freeway with a "scumball bag snatcher" handcuffed outside his car, for an hour in order to let the criminal consider his crimes. Sldege said that he didn't want to make his car's interior dirty.

Seldge's favourite piece of music is the 1812 overture.... ::)

Sledge once had an attack of vertigo on seeing a picture of Mount Everest.

Sledge compains that left wing pinko bleeding heart liberals are ruining the country. He also likes shooting guns a lot..... as do certain H&S members, mentioning no names.

Sledge is a typical H&S member, come to think about it. ;D

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 06:45:05 pm »
In one episode Sledge turns up at the Police Station with what looks like a megaphone stuck onto the ned of his trusty gun.... he anounces that his invention is called a "Louder" and works in the opposite way to a silencer to mke a gun sound louder.... he then proceeds to demostrate it in Captain Trunk's office as cops dive for cover.

Sledge is gun mad and once returned from a 2 week vacation in Beruit.... which he decribed as his kind of city. This was in the mid 1980's.... ::)

When a neighbour refused to turn down his hi-fi, Sledge simply shot it through the wall.... ::)

Sldege once drove up and down a freeway with a "scumball bag snatcher" handcuffed outside his car, for an hour in order to let the criminal consider his crimes. Sldege said that he didn't want to make his car's interior dirty.

Seldge's favourite piece of music is the 1812 overture.... ::)

Sledge once had an attack of vertigo on seeing a picture of Mount Everest.

Sledge compains that left wing pinko bleeding heart liberals are ruining the country. He also likes shooting guns a lot..... as do certain H&S members, mentioning no names.

Sledge is a typical H&S member, come to think about it. ;D

Correction, Sledge wasn't in Trunk's office when he used the Loudener.  The police department was having their annual gun competition to see who was the best and fastest in the department. 

When it was Sledge's turn, he used the Loudener, and after the first shot, everyone dove for cover.  Then again most of them were ready to dive for cover when it was his turn to run the course anyway.

He shot every single target, including the ones you're not supposed to shoot.

It took him I think 17 seconds to go through the obstacle course, he was given a 100% in accuracy, and a 0% in judgement.

And you call yourself a Sledge Hammer fan!!!!

:P

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 01:30:19 pm »
I haven't watched that episode of the show for 20 years or so (geez that long!!), though "Hammeroid" was on U-Tube this year.

I can still remember the paintball episode plsu all the memerable Sledge one liners such as, "Haven't you heard of overkill??", etc.

Sledge claims to be immune to Fire Ant bites.... ::)

Was the "Big Bang" just God fooling around with a "loudener"?? ;D

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 07:37:03 pm »

Was the "Big Bang" just God fooling around with a "loudener"?? ;D

Maybe it was just his greatest fart to date.

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2008, 02:51:45 pm »
But as something cannot be made out of nothing.... unless it is a woman starting an argument and a possible row, this latest before the Bog Bang theory just leaves more questions.

Offline Spartan-039

• Master of the Tau Empire sept, Vor'kan
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 05:52:59 pm »
I think I know what Akira based his ideas off of, I think he goes with some Christian ideas, my friend has some of the same ideas as well. Things such as evolution and the Big Bang theory are just absurd. Also, I don't take kindly to jokes about God, I learned the hard way (bullet ricochete hit me in the side, just after I made a joke about God.)
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2008, 08:19:08 pm »
I think I know what Akira based his ideas off of, I think he goes with some Christian ideas, my friend has some of the same ideas as well. Things such as evolution and the Big Bang theory are just absurd. Also, I don't take kindly to jokes about God, I learned the hard way (bullet ricochete hit me in the side, just after I made a joke about God.)

This forum is for science and technology not religion.  If you wish to debate religious reasons not to believe these theories please start a thread in Hot and Spicy to do so.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 08:50:18 pm »
I think I know what Akira based his ideas off of, I think he goes with some Christian ideas

The big bang theory was first proposed by a priest working for the Vatican.  It goes against biblical creationism, but most science does.  Many theists embraced the big bang theory because unlike other theories at the time ie. steady state, it stated that the universe was not eternal, but began in a moment of creation, thus allowing the possibility that there was a creator.  There are billions of Christians.  When you refer to things like Christian ideas, you may only be referring to a few denominations.  Ie.  Some Christians take the Genesis creation story literally, others feel it is solely allegorical, and that you should not read it literally, but try to absorb the underlying message.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 05:36:02 am »

This forum is for science and technology not religion.  If you wish to debate religious reasons not to believe these theories please start a thread in Hot and Spicy to do so.

Does that mean I can't pray to the Fonz anymore?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 07:45:17 am »

Sure you can - in the appropriate forum.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2008, 08:16:59 am »
You guys should check out this site:

http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/gr/public/index.html

This particular topic is part of how they came to these conclusions:

http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/gr/public/qg_home.html

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2008, 09:25:03 am »

Sure you can - in the appropriate forum.

But the Fonz deserves to be worshiped in all forums.  May Fonzie be with you.  Eh!!!

Offline Spartan-039

• Master of the Tau Empire sept, Vor'kan
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2008, 09:27:56 am »
Sorry about that Nemesis, I got a little carried away there. Also, who the heck is "the Fonz"?
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2008, 09:29:17 am »
Sorry about that Nemesis, I got a little carried away there. Also, who the heck is "the Fonz"?

*smacks Spartan-039 with a rubber chicken and turns him into Gary Coleman because he doesn't know who The Fonz is*

:flame: :flame: :flame: