Topic: Hints of 'time before Big Bang'  (Read 28220 times)

Offline Spartan-039

• Master of the Tau Empire sept, Vor'kan
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Hints of 'time before Big Bang'
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2008, 09:36:30 am »
How am I supposed to know? I spend my time learning combat techniques, not learning about "the Fonz", and what's with the rubber chicken and who's Gary Coleman?
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2008, 06:28:01 pm »
There are those theorists that belive that God lit the fuse, for the big bang, with a match, and those who reckon he used a lighter....

If we can find the spent match then this will settle one theory. ::)

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2008, 07:44:37 pm »
Well, when you climb the mountain of truth, you'll see that the Baptists were sitting there the whole time. * pointing at himself and other Baptists alike*
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2008, 09:55:13 pm »
Well, when you climb the mountain of truth, you'll see that the Baptists were sitting there the whole time. * pointing at himself and other Baptists alike*

If you're going to start arguing that the viewpoints of your denomination are more truthful than those of other Christian denominations, or other religions in general, then you should stick to H&S.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:50:39 am by knightstorm »

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2008, 11:10:54 pm »
*smacks Spartan-039 and sends him to Michael Jackson*
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2008, 08:22:07 am »
I'm not trying to argue points in denomination, beshides, I'm too young for H&S, I'm only 15.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2008, 09:08:22 am »
I'm not trying to argue points in denomination, beshides, I'm too young for H&S, I'm only 15.

You are trying to make assertions of the superiour viewpoint of one religion in what is otherwise a SCIENTIFIC topic.  Religion has no place in this discussion.  Keep it out.

If you are too young for Hot and Spicy, too bad.  The rules still apply to you.  Continuing to try and bring Hot and Spicy topics such as religion or politics into other forums can get you banned.  Permanently banned.  So stay within the rules.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2008, 12:29:31 pm »
Ok, but show me a very convincing piece of evidence supporting the Big Bang theory and I may begin to belive it, but I know that there's nothing like that anywhere in the world. Show me that evidence, and I'll renounce everything I've ever belived.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2008, 01:14:27 pm »
Ok, but show me a very convincing piece of evidence supporting the Big Bang theory and I may begin to belive it, but I know that there's nothing like that anywhere in the world. Show me that evidence, and I'll renounce everything I've ever belived.

Cosmic background radiation, the fact that red shifts show that most of the universe is moving away from us, supporting the belief in an expanding universe.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:24:35 pm by knightstorm »

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2008, 01:25:44 pm »
So, it may be moving on it's own, not because of a bang.

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2008, 01:47:55 pm »
So, it may be moving on it's own, not because of a bang.

notice how you didn't address the cosmic background radiation.  If the universe is expanding now, then its reasonable to assume that it had a starting point.  That point is the big bang.

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2008, 02:00:37 pm »
Who knows what that's from, until you build a time machine to prove t, I consider it false. So, anything else you want to try to convince me?

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2008, 02:12:20 pm »
Who knows what that's from, until you build a time machine to prove t, I consider it false. So, anything else you want to try to convince me?

Like the horn antennae which first detected the cosmic background radiation which is left over from the big bang?  Or the Cosmic Background Explorer (COBE) satellite, which mapped it out? 

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2008, 02:14:07 pm »
They are still showing the same dang thing, another one not conserning radiation.

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2008, 02:46:05 pm »
They are still showing the same dang thing, another one not conserning radiation.

Now your changing the rules.  You said until a device was invented that proved the big bang.

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2008, 02:52:51 pm »
I never said a device, I said evidence, not a device.

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2008, 03:05:41 pm »
I never said a device, I said evidence, not a device.

You still haven't come up with an explanation for the Cosmic Background radiation other than the big bang.

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2008, 03:26:19 pm »
I've been contemplating that right now, also talking to a few ex-military people.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2008, 03:28:16 pm »
Spartan, can you give concrete, irrefutable, 100% definitive evidence to disprove the Big Bang?  If so, share it.  But, keep in mind, it must be as concrete as the evidence you demand everyone here to prove the theory of the Big Bang.

If you cannot, then don't be surprised if people continuously dissect your comments and show you that your arguements have less merit and substance than others.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2008, 03:33:51 pm »
I have none, but I don't dwell on it because I've got better things to do than worry about it. But if you want to say it's true povide enough evidence to indesputably prove it.