Topic: In need of GAFY? textures  (Read 35478 times)

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • I am a stranger to myself
In need of GAFY? textures
« on: July 05, 2008, 12:21:52 pm »
I REALLY need GAFY?'s F-CAX and F-DDX texture sets, if full sets exist. Does anyone know where I can find These textures? Better yet, if there's some sort of complete texture set out there, with everything in it, I want it! I want all of GAF?'s textures!
There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish, sometimes
-the 4th Doctor, Doctor Who, "Robot"

Offline Spartan-039

• Master of the Tau Empire sept, Vor'kan
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: In need of GAFY? textures
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 12:26:17 pm »
I'm not sure if they exist or not. I rarely use my 3D modeler.
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 12:45:08 pm »
THEY HAD BETTER EXIST!!!! What's the point of making partial texture sets of a ship!!?!! I NEED THEM!!! I have everything but fdx5.bmp and pod.bmp (from Eras of War). If someone could just post the textures on this page that'd be perfect! I suspect I may find them on filefront, but I can't download from them!

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 12:54:28 pm »
I'm usless then, I could act like a scout though to help you find them.
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 06:16:39 pm »
You have any pictures?

Or at least a better discription of the ships, who they were orginally from. (Ok, Pics would work best)
Since Mackie no longer has his site anymore lots of the ships I did are gone, I probably have backups but that is a large directory.
if you have a particular texture post the pic of it and I will look through my folders

Or you can try BattleClinic lots of stuff I did has shown up there, or if I did not do the model others have used the textures.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 12:21:39 am »
I'm guessing the models he's asking about were originally P81 models, GAFY.  That's just my guess.

Oh, by the way, I had forgotten all about the Anubis retexture project you had started until I found the ship in my messenger received files.  Just wondering if you had managed to do the retexture of the other Anubis bash.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 12:51:07 am »
Nope been lazy and have not been working on anything, least texture wise
Been playing First Person Shooters again
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 05:17:20 am »
Nope been lazy and have not been working on anything, least texture wise
Been playing First Person Shooters again

Ahhh, I love first person shooter games.  I love it when I have God Mode enabled and I start blowing everything up, including all the things I shouldn't be blowing up.  Sometimes I blow up the spot where I'm standing and end up 25 feet from where I was before.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 11:33:06 am »
Nice, too bad there's no God mode for Halo.................yet.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 10:47:12 am »
Well, I've made my own, but I don't know ho to post them. I like them, but I think GAFY? could do better . . .

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 08:57:50 pm »
Well, I've made my own, but I don't know ho to post them. I like them, but I think GAFY? could do better . . .

If it is a Jpeg image there is a additional options button at the bottom of the text box you type in.
Just click there browse to the place you have the pic or texture and post it

As for if I could do better, who knows
It is at this starting point though that most of us got into doing this that you are at though.
The I think I can do that that better, or I want it like this, or that doesn't exist to make it fit right. Don't be afraid to post it you never know we might like it or you could end up being the next WickedZombie or something. You never know until you try, which you started doing.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 03:41:34 pm »
Do a search for my name on some of the sites, I ported over a good deal of Mackie's works, and probably have the files that you need included on a released ship.

Also check out the Bridge Commander sites for Mackie's stuff.. they ported over a lot, and just converted his BMPs to TGA files for their versions..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 11:14:07 am »
Posted by: GotAFarmYet?;If it is a Jpeg image there is a additional options button at the bottom of the text box you type in.

It is at this starting point though that most of us got into doing this that you are at though.
The I think I can do that that better, or I want it like this, or that doesn't exist to make it fit right. Don't be afraid to post it you never know we might like it or you could end up being the next WickedZombie or something. You never know until you try, 
Yeah, maybe! Game design with CAD is my intended career, so I guess this is a first step!
Speaking of WickedZombie45, has anyone seen the Klingon version of his W'ked? I have a Federation and a Romulan one, but not the original!
Here are my textures;

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 06:19:38 pm »
The Klingon W'ked is still available at Wicked Zombie's site

http://drs.battleclinic.com/
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 02:51:53 am »
Posted by: GotAFarmYet?;If it is a Jpeg image there is a additional options button at the bottom of the text box you type in.

The I think I can do that that better, or I want it like this, or that doesn't exist to make it fit right. Don't be afraid to post it you never know we might like it or you could end up being the next WickedZombie or something. You never know until you try, 
Yeah, maybe! Game design with CAD is my intended career, so I guess this is a first step!
Speaking of WickedZombie45, has anyone seen the Klingon version of his W'ked? I have a Federation and a Romulan one, but not the original!
Here are my textures;

CAD is more of a machining tool, if you are working in Mechanical design nad architexture, stuff like that.
If you are wanting to work on gaming you need to look at Lightwave, 3DMax, Maya and programs like that. Look at what type of gaming company you are trying to work for and ask them what are the tools that they use and start learning those. P81 started doing things this way and now works for the gaming devision at Sony.

The next question is what tools did you use to make the textures?
MS Paint (comes with Windows)
Picture Editing tools that came with my scanner (Usually limited version of PS or Corel)
Panit Shop Pro (Poor mans PhotoShop)
PhotoShop (professional tool if you can afford it)

Knowing this will help in furthering a discussion about textures, and hopefully help you to get idea to improve your skills with.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 01:06:54 pm »
Yeah, sure, CAD-CAM is, but you can use Computer-Aided-Design with game design, in theory! Just take out the Computer-Aided-Manufacturing part! Might not be the proper term, but it's definately CAD!
On my Textures; Okay, What I used was one of your textues for a carrier, which had a lot of blank hull. I used that with paint to create a 512-square blank. I then cut out the black and blue parts (separatley) from P81's or DonKarnage's model from Eras of War with Paint Shop Pro 9, tweaking the tink of the blue parts to look more GAFY?-ish. I then got the federaition star banner from fcx3.bmp, mirroring it to make the full banner, then merged them all together to create my own fdx5.bmp. The pod.bmp's torpedo tubes came from its original. All I did was cut-and-paste! Anyone can do THAT!
About the W'ked; This W'ked is a completely different model than the Fed and Rom versions I found on Battleclinic!! Where's the Klingon Version of THAT one!?!

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 09:45:47 pm »
Once again a picture can help I believe that he might have two versions of that ship.

But once again if you want to work in the game movie industry you will need to know they tools the company uses, they will want productive ppl and currently are not all that interested in training ppl. There are alot of ppl they can pick from out on the internet all it takes to hire them is a moving truck.

Here is a trick for if you want the texture to be 512 x 512, make it at 1024 x 1024
paste in the places you want things and clean up the lines with a blur and some lines around the edges then resize it to the 512 x 512 and it cleqns it up alittle for you and tends to make a cleaner edge

Since you have PSP9 learn to use layers for past work and selected areas, with cut and paste into a selected area with ctrl+Shift+L you can get square items to fit in round holes.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 09:22:43 am »
Well, I have plans for going to ITT Tech for their 3D Modeling program under the Multimedia field. If I go through with it, people will WANT me!

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 07:07:59 pm »
Well, I have plans for going to ITT Tech for their 3D Modeling program under the Multimedia field. If I go through with it, people will WANT me!

Do you know what program they use for 3D modeling?

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 02:53:59 pm »
Posted by: F9thCenturus; Do you know what program they use for 3D modeling?
I wish I knew. I did a tour at the local campus in Albany, NY. I can't remember asking that question. I'm hoping they use 3D Studio Max, since that's the only program I know to be compatible with Starfleet Command's .MOD file extension. I've actually downloaded the required patch before I realized I needed a separate program to use it! I thought it was model editing software, not a patch! I'm gonna have a hard enough time scraping up the over dozen Grand I'll need to get in to ITT Tech! Let alone the $700 I'd need to get 3DS Max! I just hope that's what they use, because then I'll get it for FREE!!! Sweet!
I know this is a forum or whatever about GAFY? textures (I should, I started it) but I might as well use it to my advantage, seeing as I've already gotten valuable tips; Having said that, has anyone seen a newer version of the Scotch and Soda Galaxy Class, with fixed PhasER strips? I've got one of his, but the Stardrive's PhasER strips (with the sole exception of the ventral strip behind the deflector) strangely appear inside the saucer section! Is there a fixed version with those srips in the right places? I love his model, with that sole eyesore. If I could find a database containing numerous ships he at least textured, I'd be delighted! His Federation hull colors are just what I like to see; whitish!
here's a .jpg of the W'ked I'm lookin' for;