Topic: In need of GAFY? textures  (Read 35486 times)

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • I am a stranger to myself
Re: In need of GAFY? textures
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 03:35:44 pm »
I've got pictures of the errant PhasER strips; first is where they are, second is where some of them should have gone.
There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish, sometimes
-the 4th Doctor, Doctor Who, "Robot"

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 03:37:01 pm »
Well, I don't know what's wrong with the W'ked picture. Look for it on Battleclinic's Romulan Page. That's the model I'm talking about.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 04:28:23 pm »
The SNS Galaxy is a pain to port to SFC.  Whenever the model is brought into MS3D, it literally tears itself apart.  I don't think many of us have the skills to properly put it back together again.

But, since DJ released his Galaxy model, the SNS is now outdated.

As for the modeling programs, even if they use say Lightwave or Maya, you can still apply a great many of the techniques to 3D Studio Max, or so I've been told.  And the tools are also virtually the same, again, so I've been told. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 04:54:24 pm »
The Forum is about a game, this subsection is about modelling and textureing ships for this game and how to work on and improve them. The thread you started was about something you wanted/needed and you did it in the right area.

Since the object here is to be helpful to ppl to do the work they are doing improve or help it get done, you are not taking advantage of it. Pretty much this is what it is about, and why we check in here time to time. It is to help out were we can and get new ships or at least see them being made.

As for ITT last person I talked to about the computer Cesign side they were just doing CAD, this however was 10 years ago so hopefully they have expanded their programs to be more general and inline with the job market. This is the only advantage a Tech school has over a college, they prepare you for the job market to get you into faster with the skills a company needs, by usually focusing on the entry level areas. A college is about a higher education and generally will get you the higher paying jobs, or upper positions, read this as managment etc. If they have extended it to Max and lightwave I might go look it up for some fun to see if they will do what I want to learn.

So you are talking this one?
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 05:03:10 pm »
I have the lower one in gray, basically grayscaled the textures because I like my kligons gray, but will have to find it on my HDD.

The upper of the two is on WZ site, the lower one was replaced there by the upper one. Pretty sure BC has the lower on the site (green version).
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 02:53:29 pm »
The second one is the one I'm looking for. The newer one above is better, but I haven't seen Federation or Romulan Versions. Plus, I'm a packrat when it comes to models. Most I have no intention of using, I just like looking at them, tring to draw inspiration for my own designs.
Now, where can I find DJ's models? I've only got his Enterprise F, Supremus, Vivace, and Libertas models. I've never seen cannon models by him, but I can tell he's got the right stuff. I'm certian he'd make an awesome Intrepid!

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 06:39:06 pm »
The second one is the one I'm looking for. The newer one above is better, but I haven't seen Federation or Romulan Versions. Plus, I'm a packrat when it comes to models. Most I have no intention of using, I just like looking at them, tring to draw inspiration for my own designs.
Now, where can I find DJ's models? I've only got his Enterprise F, Supremus, Vivace, and Libertas models. I've never seen cannon models by him, but I can tell he's got the right stuff. I'm certian he'd make an awesome Intrepid!

www.bcfiles.com

DJ doesn't like making cannon models.  Too many people nitpick so many minor things to death.  Plus he likes making original designs, which is cool.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 05:46:21 am »
Greeeeaaaat. FileFront. Figures. I can't get anything from FileFront. It used to be just hard, now I'm lucky if I get a download dialouge box. "Only one connection to the server is supported, so if you are using a download manager that attempts to establish multiple connections, you will receive this error." I follow thier tips to get rid of it, but I still get it. This SUCKS! Maybe some of you know where to find this elusive "Download Manager". I'd change its settings right now if I knew where it was. Is it in internet options? I don't see anything on my system labled "Download Manager". And, yeah, FileFront's list of tips for fixing this problem; less than helpfull. I've been infuriated by this for the better part of a year now. Why can't FileFront just . . . support multiple connections!?! Battleclinic apparently does! This problem simply should not exist!!!! I'm FURIOUS!!!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 11:50:42 am by ReyvinVinnex »

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 02:36:25 pm »
I sent the ship to you to the E-mail addy in your profile

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 07:19:12 pm »
Yeah, I've got the W'ked you sent me. But that dosen't help me with the countless downloads I'd love to have from FileFront! And I'd hate to have to use you as my own personal FileFront mirror, though that'd suit me fine.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 07:32:28 pm »
Yeah, I've got the W'ked you sent me. But that dosen't help me with the countless downloads I'd love to have from FileFront! And I'd hate to have to use you as my own personal FileFront mirror, though that'd suit me fine.

Why not post your wishlist, and some of us may be able to help you, given the proper time.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2008, 08:21:07 am »
Heh, Yeah, that'll be one heck-of-a list! Every time I go to a download site I want something I had no interest in the last time I loged on.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 09:53:23 am »
Here's A list;
SFCIII HardPoint Placer BETA, DJ's Galaxy, Intrepid Class - USS Voyager Filename: intrepid.rar by LB, Intrepid Class With Nacells Up Filename: intrepid_nacells_up.zip by gourasrs4, Nova Class By Serbian Knight, Nova Class by Interstellar Machine,the cursor mod, the music replacement mod, and that mod with the StarGate Ships! More will probably come!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:02:12 am by ReyvinVinnex »

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 09:02:01 pm »
did you ever get your downloading issues worked out?

I found a pod texture at least but I think the layout on it is a bit differnet than the one you pictucred. Also it looks like I never did a complete texture for the other one, mostly I think I only did the areas necessary for Mackies kit bashes on that one.

Tell you what though, if you can send me a link to the ship you are refering to I can see what can be done and in most cases the work can usually be done quickly enough. Ask Cent how fast he got the majority of the new FCS ship done, small details asside that I am trying to get him to experiment with that one is just about ready to go.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 03:44:55 am »
The bashing of that model was relatively quick, given that the two models I used shared many of the same components and those shared components were the same size, so size ratio was taken care of instantly.

All I did was swap out one pair of pylons with another, and repositioned the pylons and warp engines till they looked right, and since GAFY had already done those incredible textures for some Connies, dropping his textures onto the model was a piece of cake.  Just needed a couple texture fixes which only GAFY could provide.

However, I am having problems trying to finish the pylon texture he gave me.  Since I can't texture and don't know the first thing about texturing, it's gonna be an extremely long while before I ever get it done.

Also, I'm thinking about just using the ship for renders and such, and who knows, maybe one day use it as a testbed for remapping.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 02:05:02 pm »
No, I still can't get anything off of FileFront.

I found a pod texture at least but I think the layout on it is a bit differnet than the one you pictucred. Also it looks like I never did a complete texture for the other one, mostly I think I only did the areas necessary for Mackies kit bashes on that one.

Tell you what though, if you can send me a link to the ship you are refering to I can see what can be done and in most cases the work can usually be done quickly enough. Ask Cent how fast he got the majority of the new FCS ship done, small details asside that I am trying to get him to experiment with that one is just about ready to go.

Are you guys back on the F-DX texture topic? All of a sudden the subject changed, and it's got me confused . . .

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 08:09:02 pm »
No, I still can't get anything off of FileFront.

Are you guys back on the F-DX texture topic? All of a sudden the subject changed, and it's got me confused . . .

As usual I am discussing two things at once, with me it is always reader beware!

Talking about Cents FCS and letting him play with it for a bit well I am stuck in Texas, until Saturday. It also looks like he will not be trying for a bit, like until he learns how to draw a picture on paper scan it and trace it with PS. But really I am not saying how he could try things yet. Yes Cent eventually I will get back to it if you don't just don't know when that will be still have those other ships to work on two, which you will probably want as well.

The other topic in the mist there was I never did a complete texture for that area, only the parts needed for Mackies kit bashes. If you can give me a link to the actual ship, and it is one ofthe easy fixes that can be done, like Cents pylons, I probably could do it and send you the file.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2008, 01:55:34 am »
Actually, my mom saw how much trouble I was having trying to do it, she's actually trying to re-learn Photoshop in order to help me out.  She's having a few probs though trying to follow some of the texture tutorials that are on the net.

Maybe with two heads, the texturing can get done.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2008, 11:04:53 am »
I don't mean to sound (or BE) rude here, but are you guys working on getting some of the things on my list? I'd really like that stuff, if your'e willing to help.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 07:17:40 pm »
I don't mean to sound (or BE) rude here, but are you guys working on getting some of the things on my list? I'd really like that stuff, if your'e willing to help.

The models need to be in SFC format, correct?  Just wanting to make sure.  Also, LB's Intrepid is a bit outdated.  I can grab a newer one if you'd like.