Topic: In need of GAFY? textures  (Read 35496 times)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: In need of GAFY? textures
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2008, 01:58:29 am »
Few In game shots will play more with G-Max tomorrow to see if I can work out the things I want fixed.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2008, 11:52:44 am »
The mesh needs work.  Textures are fine as always.  Mesh just needs work.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2008, 03:51:20 pm »
The mesh needs work.  Textures are fine as always.  Mesh just needs work.

Yeah,
A higher polyh version of this ship needs to be made, this one is not to bad a few things that need fixing but most of it can be covered by how it is textured. Mostly it is all fixed now, just need to scale it down to a destroyer size. Right now I place it in the game next to WZ Constitution_Valiant and it is slightly larger than his ship. SO one is out of scale and I am willing to bet it is this one, that needs to be resized some.

I figured out how to resize it in GMax but I still have not figured out how to scale it, or use a scale to compare it with. Will finish the light maps tonight and add a registry to it, the lighting that needs to be added is for the registries anyways.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2008, 08:52:07 pm »
From the looks of it, the pylons and engines need redoing/replacement.  The saucer looks pretty decent. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2008, 09:09:15 pm »
its an old ship the engines are from the XCA P81 did in truth they should not have been used for this model. Not the maker of the model though think it wa the guy who did the eras of war site that did the actual kitbash.

I just thought it looks close enough to the Chabot to retexture the ship that way.

Adding the light maps now to it and probably a registry as well then it will just need resizing.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2008, 10:09:37 pm »
Alright all done except the resizing, will also check the HP points well I do that to make sure they are in the right locations. Most of it will have to wait again though as I have to travel again.

Mostly the Scaling would go easier if they had a scale built in I could use as a way to compare, right now it is resize test, resize test not exactly a science.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2008, 11:06:45 pm »
I just had those 2 textures done for the FDX and cyrethina or whatever it is. If you'd like them I'll make sure it's ok that the upgrades be distributed. I've also had many X era vessels upgraded to feature small phaserstrips rather than 4 tit tmp phasermounts. If anyone is interested in those versions for modding here I shal make sure it's ok with Cord that those be released as well.
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/SFP_XDN_Lost_Era_Dreadnought;88684  For instance. the XCA, and XBB were also done. FDX and Cyrethina are next.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • I am a stranger to myself
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2008, 02:26:32 pm »
It looks good, but it's not the texture set I had in mind. I'll e-mail them to you when I get the chance. I'm pretty busy, now that I've started school at ITT-Tech. I'll get back to you.
There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish, sometimes
-the 4th Doctor, Doctor Who, "Robot"

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2008, 06:05:06 pm »
It looks good, but it's not the texture set I had in mind. I'll e-mail them to you when I get the chance. I'm pretty busy, now that I've started school at ITT-Tech. I'll get back to you.

No problem,
It seems we lost a few post here about what was going on, but yes please do send a more detailed idea of what you were looking for.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2008, 04:17:31 pm »
 ;D Nice! I love the new textures GAFY? I can't wait to try them out.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2008, 05:55:55 pm »
trying a few different engines on them to see how things work out as it seems pretty much universal no one, and it includes me, is happy with the current engines.
Centurus was going to bash a few different ones to see what looks better and maybe a new impulse housing. The current set is just kind of literially painted on.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2008, 07:29:16 pm »
Correction!!!  I have built a new impulse engine assembly, complete with warp pylons.  For a still beginning mesher, I think they came out pretty damned sweet!!!!

Other than that, pretty much what GAFY said.  The old warp engines were horrible, and literally beyond salvaging.  Luckily for me, there are already suitable warp engines available to keep that X era feel, and also, as GAFY said, we're gonna try out a few other sets to see if anything else works.

The saucer of the Araxes is decent enough, so not really gonna touch it.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2008, 01:24:23 pm »
here are the screenies of my GAFY?-style Araxes.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2008, 02:09:56 pm »
Uh-oh.  Looks like I'll be making a few more changes to the mesh.  Hmmm....I'll wait till I talk to GAFY.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2008, 06:11:02 pm »
No F9thCenturus, no changes for what he is doing are needed yet. What you and I are doing is a different project to keep us busy and learning the software so to speak. It is good fun and I like the new look for the X-class ships better than the old one anyways. So what you are doing is updating the ships a bit to go with the new set of textures. If FW was close to getting his mod out I would say let these guys go with that mod, but since that will not be done for the forseeable future they can be released when done.

Well ReyvinVinnex, I still don't see what you need me to do it appears you already have the ship with the textures you want. I guess I am still waiting to see what you where looking for in terms of changes. Either way I still think those engines need replacing to a better set

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2008, 06:22:21 pm »
Also what I started to play with last night is in the pic below. will have to replace the neck section as it will not work. I don't like the size of the engine to the rest of the ship but that is changiable

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2008, 08:00:46 pm »
Be prepared to be doing some patching on the saucer when that neck goes.  It looks as if it was extruded from the mesh, or when both pieces were made, each were booleaned on each other so the connections would match.

Only WZ knows for sure, but I do know that when that neck goes, there will be a hole in the saucer.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2008, 08:15:08 pm »
ReyvinVinnex,

As usual hotmail fails to let me download a zip with embedded zips in it. They will not let you upload past a certain size and if you put multiple zips (which really doesn't change the size any) you can not download it as it can not be scaned by microtrend, a short coming on their part.

I will read the E-mail mesdage later

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2008, 12:15:01 pm »
ReyvinVinnex,

As usual hotmail fails to let me download a zip with embedded zips in it. They will not let you upload past a certain size and if you put multiple zips (which really doesn't change the size any) you can not download it as it can not be scaned by microtrend, a short coming on their part.

I will read the E-mail mesdage later
So, what? You can't extract the .RAR file from my e-mail!?!

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2008, 12:22:11 pm »
No F9thCenturus, no changes for what he is doing are needed yet. What you and I are doing is a different project to keep us busy and learning the software so to speak. It is good fun and I like the new look for the X-class ships better than the old one anyways. So what you are doing is updating the ships a bit to go with the new set of textures. If FW was close to getting his mod out I would say let these guys go with that mod, but since that will not be done for the forseeable future they can be released when done.

Well ReyvinVinnex, I still don't see what you need me to do it appears you already have the ship with the textures you want. I guess I am still waiting to see what you where looking for in terms of changes. Either way I still think those engines need replacing to a better set
It's the torpedo pod and the neck textures I want changed. But if you think they look good enough, hey, what the heck! I'll take pride in my work and be on my merry way, as it were. I'd still like those textures tweaked and adjusted to better fit the model (not that they don't fit the model, it's just that, if you remember texturing an advanced Shelly with those nacelles, you'll notice a problem with the  . . . . i think it's fdx3, on the inside of the rim around the bridge complex dosen't show up right), they could just fit better.
I'll post pictures of that Shelly, and the error I mentioned, in a post soon enough. I'm at school right now, and I've got work to do. Gotta get out @ 1:50 Eastern which would be in . . . . . . . half an hour. Ain't much work. Just boring work, very boring work. Basicaly a how-to on MSWord. Yeah. ::Agony:: AHHHHHRGH!!!