Topic: In need of GAFY? textures  (Read 35468 times)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: In need of GAFY? textures
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2008, 12:52:46 pm »
ReyvinVinnex,

As usual hotmail fails to let me download a zip with embedded zips in it. They will not let you upload past a certain size and if you put multiple zips (which really doesn't change the size any) you can not download it as it can not be scaned by microtrend, a short coming on their part.

I will read the E-mail mesdage later
So, what? You can't extract the .RAR file from my e-mail!?!

You got it!
MicroTrend can not Scan the file, so hotmail will not let me download it or get near it
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2008, 12:57:19 pm »
No F9thCenturus, no changes for what he is doing are needed yet. What you and I are doing is a different project to keep us busy and learning the software so to speak. It is good fun and I like the new look for the X-class ships better than the old one anyways. So what you are doing is updating the ships a bit to go with the new set of textures. If FW was close to getting his mod out I would say let these guys go with that mod, but since that will not be done for the forseeable future they can be released when done.

Well ReyvinVinnex, I still don't see what you need me to do it appears you already have the ship with the textures you want. I guess I am still waiting to see what you where looking for in terms of changes. Either way I still think those engines need replacing to a better set
It's the torpedo pod and the neck textures I want changed. But if you think they look good enough, hey, what the heck! I'll take pride in my work and be on my merry way, as it were. I'd still like those textures tweaked and adjusted to better fit the model (not that they don't fit the model, it's just that, if you remember texturing an advanced Shelly with those nacelles, you'll notice a problem with the  . . . . i think it's fdx3, on the inside of the rim around the bridge complex dosen't show up right), they could just fit better.
I'll post pictures of that Shelly, and the error I mentioned, in a post soon enough. I'm at school right now, and I've got work to do. Gotta get out @ 1:50 Eastern which would be in . . . . . . . half an hour. Ain't much work. Just boring work, very boring work. Basicaly a how-to on MSWord. Yeah. ::Agony:: AHHHHHRGH!!!

Yeap, I remapped those on the CA and so that I did, I never did the DD, StarForce2 was the one who copied the textures to those for a BC release and eventually SFC. I will look around and see if I still have the orginal files, probably not as it was a PC or two ago when I did those and see if I still have the saucer 3ds on file
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • I am a stranger to myself
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2008, 05:20:41 pm »

You got it!
MicroTrend can not Scan the file, so hotmail will not let me download it or get near it
So, what now? Send the images themselves? Because I can do that, too. I can also track down the models whose textures I used, along with a sort of set of instructions, based on what I did. That way you can compare how the textures appear on their respective models and then find out how to adjust them to fit the Eras of War F-DX and, later, the F-CX.

So, do you remember making those color sets? 'Cause I'd like them on the latest Excelsior and Lakota, the ones in Yoshen-something's re-balence expansions. I love, love, love blue-green colors! Then again, if they look like crap I obviously won't want them. I can see how this set might make a ship look like an over-painted hot-rod.

BTW, I happen to like the nacelles I'm using, I don't see anything wrong with them, they look pretty good! (those are from the Shelly; NCC-26123, U.S.S. Philedelphia on wasp.mod)
There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish, sometimes
-the 4th Doctor, Doctor Who, "Robot"

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2008, 06:08:43 pm »
You can send the files but you can not send them as multiple zips in one file, Micro tend only allows the primary zip. You can put things into seperate directories and zip the whole thing. The last option is to send multiple E-mails with the different zips, takes the longest and the easiest way to miss somthing

I did a set for a BB, DN, and CA I actually still have those files, as they are copies of the uploaded ones which use to be at mackies. Most of the ships mackie kitbashed used the teal colours, I would just correct things for him and blend the backings so that the various parts would all look like they were from the same era. What I can't find anymore are the 3ds model files I modified or the build files for those textures. I can redo them and probably do a better job at it now, but having the orginals would speed up the process. I will see if the links to the ships still exist as Mackie has closed up shop and left the SFC universe, someone I think took over the download section of the site to keep the models available.

Never be afraid of the work you posted, heck we never know you might end up being the next WZ or P81. All I will say about it is if you are happy about the work you did, be happy with it. As for Instructions they never hurt sometimes it is in the instructions that I( finally figure out what they really wanted.

These three I did do though

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2008, 02:37:01 am »
Where the CA and DN are at Now...
Still have the Impulse Engines to do and add the hanger back on texture 3, then it is all lower hull work. Either way this set is getting closer to done.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2008, 09:02:07 am »
Did you do excelsior like that? The Shelly I mentioned had an FDN texture in that color set. By the way, I can see the bridge area texture I mentioned that dosen't show up on the F-DX. It's that ring of blue lights. You know, that is the texture set I'm looking for. If you could just make FDX5 and POD textures based on those, I won't need to e-mail you the textures!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 12:28:03 pm by ReyvinVinnex »

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2008, 02:01:53 am »
Yes I did a excelsior in the Aqua blue, it was a P81 version the older one he lit up from SFC 1. Mackie used parts from it for various kitbashes. The textures for the TMP looking X-class ships above will only work for those as they were remapped by me to fit those areas the way I wanted. I currently don't have the software I used in the past and I don't have the knowledge yet in GMax to remap them. About the only thing that can be done is to remove the other parts and try to merge that suacer with new hull. to make it work on the FDDX.

I have a FCX8 but it doesn't cover all  the areas the FDX one does, I only did the areas I needed for the BB. I also have a pod texture for the BB, but again I think I remapped it for that model. So well the pod model can be merged with other ships only that version will the set work for.

I can send you the files if you want them, the white BB, CA, and DN
You will have to send a link to the Shelly as I can not find a reference to her.

will be back in a few more days from my trips and then we can discuss this more.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2008, 01:17:07 am »
Posted by: GotAFarmYet?;If it is a Jpeg image there is a additional options button at the bottom of the text box you type in.
Just click there browse to the place you have the pic or texture and post it

As for if I could do better, who knows
It is at this starting point though that most of us got into doing this that you are at though.
The I think I can do that that better, or I want it like this, or that doesn't exist to make it fit right. Don't be afraid to post it you never know we might like it or you could end up being the next WickedZombie or something. You never know until you try, 
Yeah, maybe! Game design with CAD is my intended career, so I guess this is a first step!
Speaking of WickedZombie45, has anyone seen the Klingon version of his W'ked? I have a Federation and a Romulan one, but not the original!
Here are my textures;

Don't know if the pics showed up but it looks like the pod texture I used will not match up looks like I moved the mapping. The other one for the DD neck you could probably clean up yourself with some line work and a blend tool if you have PS or PSP. Well see about getting something on that one later as I want to finish these guys, that I am currently doing, first. You can try this pod version but I am pretty sure it will not work

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2008, 01:28:01 pm »
That looks pretty good, but it'll need adjusting; see post #13 on page 1 for the correct layout.

Here's a link to that Shelly;
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock/3666-U-S-S-Philadelphia-NCC-26123-details.html#3666

I've tied myself up with customizing my XP system, so I haven't spent much time on models recently.

When you say "PS or PSP" do you mean Corel Paintshop / Paintshop Pro? Because I have Paintshop Pro 11; I use it to create PNG templates for making icons (as in Windows .ico format). I haven't explored the advanced features so far . . . so many to choose and test.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2008, 09:04:47 pm »
PS = Photoshop

PSP = Paintshop Pro

:-D
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2008, 02:27:36 am »
That looks pretty good, but it'll need adjusting; see post #13 on page 1 for the correct layout.

Here's a link to that Shelly;
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock/3666-U-S-S-Philadelphia-NCC-26123-details.html#3666

I've tied myself up with customizing my XP system, so I haven't spent much time on models recently.

When you say "PS or PSP" do you mean Corel Paintshop / Paintshop Pro? Because I have Paintshop Pro 11; I use it to create PNG templates for making icons (as in Windows .ico format). I haven't explored the advanced features so far . . . so many to choose and test.

As Cent said the programs are listed there for the abrv.
The Shelby was done by ModelsPlease he basically kitbashed the ship together. The textures are mine from various ships I retextured, or from the bits and pieces I fixed up for Mackie. Yes, I did do a P81 FDn in the aqua set, and also a lighter blue later along with a few Connies and other ships.

The real problem is this I don't have the modified saucer anymore. The 3ds files are long gone, and currently i don't know GMax well enough to redo it. The Saucer would have to copied from a model and merged to the Destroyer without a saucer to do what you are asking. The texture that has already been done could be used at that point, but only a remapping or Kitbash can do what you are asking. Well I am hunting and pecking my way through GMax for my own uses, it will be some time until I am able to reproduce those items. Except for getting things to export right I could probably kitbash it, but not really interested in doing that quite yet.

The Pod is the version I did for the Justice BB, XClass BB, which I remapped to make it more towards my liking. Without the orginal pod, unremapped, available to test things on I doubt I will move things around. Just one of those oddities I like to be able to check my work as I go to see if I like it or not, you can't always tell what it actually will look like on nthe model compared to a flat BMP file. I can get to the DX5 texture in a bit as it uses a stock area.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2008, 06:41:19 am »
So I take it you haven't had any luck yet with getting those impulse engines and pylons mapped that I sent you?

Oh, did you ever get that e-mail I sent you with the background story attached?
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2008, 10:01:03 am »
I got the story have not had time to read it yet, or work on anything. Hours at work + travel have stopped me from doing almost everything else. The Pod texture is literially from the Justice BB I redid in about 2003-4 I just uploaded the pic from that file of it.

So currently most projects are on hold for me

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2008, 12:17:55 pm »
To tell the truth, I think I've lost interest in this by now.  Too many other things to think about . . . . like, I dunno, HOMEWORK.  Yeah, I think I'm done hitting you up for textures.  Besides, mine are fine, and could get even better with a little work.  Thanks for your help, though!  I'll see you again, sometime!

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2008, 03:55:22 pm »
Np, at least it got me doing some work again

Been kind of in a rut for not finishing things. Think I figured out how to get the area around the bridge done without having to remap it, which would be a big help. Unfortuantly you also caught me at a bad time as well, work picked up and I had to many different projects going. Not to mention I need to learn GMax if I want to remap rework ships like I could in the past with Milkshape which doesn't work on this PC.

Either way I will look at and if anything gets done on it I will post it in this thread.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2008, 05:30:56 pm »
Well at least I know why the pod texture got remapped, and it is better off that way trust me.

It covers a extremely small area, and has streching issues as well. You are better off cutting the pod from the Justice BB and putting it on the model than using the existing one. This is one of those should have shot the kitbasher type moments.  ::)

Just look at the wasted space, most textures that waste this much space are because there are other things appliedto those areas on the ship. Not this one it is mapped that way and was never used for anything but the pod.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2008, 11:46:21 pm »
Well still finishing the final bits on these fo9r the CA and DN. The DN needs Registries and some Impulse engine work, to make it different from the CA. The CA just some Registries.

Either Way here are some pics

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2008, 11:47:45 pm »
And the DN

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2008, 11:59:54 am »
That secondary hull just really sucks.  The mesh that is.  But anyone who knows me already knows how I feel about that.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2008, 01:39:14 pm »
I completely again.

It is not continous on the side but made of three seperate area that don't line up. The bottom is a seperate piece that overlaps a few spots. There is streching issues allover it, making detailed work almost impossible. The Saucer can at least be dealt with but could use a remapping not very centered on the ship but that is easy to hide. The engines although low poly and have areas that over lap can be done, and look desent.

Over all experience with the these ships were:
FDDX fun to work on but least options available for the engines.
FDNX and FCAX lower hull kills the model, it is almost impossible to work on.

Almost threw them out but finished it on pure determination, just to do it. I doubt I will ever touch these ships again.