Topic: Hardcore Server NEW SCRIPTS testing  (Read 81790 times)

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
Re: Hardcore Server NEW SCRIPTS testing
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 02:15:07 am »
Traitors in our midst..

I was flying on the Hardcore server.. my F-CAR with an ally F-CAR and we were racking up quite a bit of damage on our enemies, the Z-DNE and the Z-CD..

I was in position to cripple the Z-CD while my ally was attacking the Z-DNE when all of a sudden I got a message on my screen stating that my ally was turning on me.. not captured, but swapped sides.. I had to fight my way out of the middle of them..

Anyhow here is a screen shot.. the yellow writing is gone, but I brought the message up in the comms panel.. I outlined it in red...

Needless to say I barely made it off the map.. I did kill the Z-CD and I hurt the F-CAR, but not badly enough.. I got proxied badly and near the map border I was being hammered by Dizzys and PH 1's and a few proxies.. I limped off the map severely damaged...

Man that was wicked.. it was one of the XC scripts...
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Capt Jeff

• 1AF
  • Lt.
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 06:39:54 am »
Hardcore server in undergoing testing of some new scripts and you are all welcome.. make sure to bring a wing.. the server is running stock Ai settings, the scripts seem to have Random BPV .. running on a stock server, I was in F-CC and drew Z-DD and Z-DNE on 1 mission, then drew Z-CL, Z-DD, D-DNE on the second mission with a F-CAR ally.

I am putting up a new installer..

This thread is for issues with the scripts, bugs, anomolies, etc..

You will now receive negative prestige from running out of hex or not completing a mission..

Pay attention to script text.. not all missions are combat.. there are different scenarios to encounter, so good luck.

http://warpcore.110mb.com/Downloads/Hardcore_Installer.zip Allow for the black Dos Window to complete on its own.. DO NOT CLOSE IT ... it will close on its own.

If you have a previous installer for this server, please run the uninstaller for it.. allow black dos window to run through.. it may ask you some questions.. just say yes..

Then install this installer and log in.. it is only 4 scripts and the Models and the shiplist.. but the 4 scripts should be interesting..

This is a beta test of the scripts as well as stress testing.. thanks.

Installer doesn't appear to be working.......download is only 156KB and when winzip opens, it say that there doesn't appear to have a archive.
Capt Jeff

Former SFC2.NET Administrator
C.O., Heavy Command Cruiser
USS Crasher NCC 1733

1AF---Friendship, Honor, Fun.  It's what we Play For.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 07:33:41 am »
Traitors in our midst..

I was flying on the Hardcore server.. my F-CAR with an ally F-CAR and we were racking up quite a bit of damage on our enemies, the Z-DNE and the Z-CD..

I was in position to cripple the Z-CD while my ally was attacking the Z-DNE when all of a sudden I got a message on my screen stating that my ally was turning on me.. not captured, but swapped sides.. I had to fight my way out of the middle of them..

Anyhow here is a screen shot.. the yellow writing is gone, but I brought the message up in the comms panel.. I outlined it in red...

Needless to say I barely made it off the map.. I did kill the Z-CD and I hurt the F-CAR, but not badly enough.. I got proxied badly and near the map border I was being hammered by Dizzys and PH 1's and a few proxies.. I limped off the map severely damaged...

I fail to see how this is a good idea.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 09:23:05 am »
Hardcore server in undergoing testing of some new scripts and you are all welcome.. make sure to bring a wing.. the server is running stock Ai settings, the scripts seem to have Random BPV .. running on a stock server, I was in F-CC and drew Z-DD and Z-DNE on 1 mission, then drew Z-CL, Z-DD, D-DNE on the second mission with a F-CAR ally.

I am putting up a new installer..

This thread is for issues with the scripts, bugs, anomolies, etc..

You will now receive negative prestige from running out of hex or not completing a mission..

Pay attention to script text.. not all missions are combat.. there are different scenarios to encounter, so good luck.

http://warpcore.110mb.com/Downloads/Hardcore_Installer.zip Allow for the black Dos Window to complete on its own.. DO NOT CLOSE IT ... it will close on its own.

If you have a previous installer for this server, please run the uninstaller for it.. allow black dos window to run through.. it may ask you some questions.. just say yes..

Then install this installer and log in.. it is only 4 scripts and the Models and the shiplist.. but the 4 scripts should be interesting..

This is a beta test of the scripts as well as stress testing.. thanks.

Installer doesn't appear to be working.......download is only 156KB and when winzip opens, it say that there doesn't appear to have a archive.

Turn off Anti-Virus before downloading..

Installer is 5.52 MB
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 09:27:29 am »
Traitors in our midst..

Variety, Something unexpected... You know in TOS.. several episodes talked about ships lost to space sickness.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 09:29:00 am »
Traitors in our midst..

See, it's scripts like that that I think could bring players back.  It adds spice and variety, and a much needed change to the game.  

Think you can send me the link to the installer via PM, Pesty?  I rarely check the D2 Experiences forum.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 09:59:26 am »
Lear and I ran a good one the other night- he had a R-F5 (IIRC) and my KRC vs 7 CVL's (orion I think), about 50 minutes long and we won. What a blast !!!
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 10:33:32 am »
Traitors in our midst..

Variety, Something unexpected... You know in TOS.. several episodes talked about ships lost to space sickness.

As a once-a-server event it might be okay but this will get tiresome fast on a real campaign.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Capt Jeff

• 1AF
  • Lt.
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 01:07:48 pm »

Turn off Anti-Virus before downloading..

Installer is 5.52 MB

Norton Corp edition completely off, still no luck.   Anyone  want to try to mail it to me ;)       capt_jeff_1af@hotmail.com

thanks
Capt Jeff

USS Crasher NCC 1733

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 01:15:29 pm »
Sending now.. you should have it in just a few moments.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Capt Jeff

• 1AF
  • Lt.
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2008, 11:27:52 pm »
OK, got it and  was able to get on the server.

Thanks !
Capt Jeff

USS Crasher NCC 1733

Reffet

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 02:14:34 am »
Hmm, OK so I installed the HC  file onto a fresh install with op 4.0 and when I am in the game I have the old style of ships and I cant see any of the enemy ships, and the game crashes in the mission.  Has to be me somehow. pls help :(

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 02:29:44 am »
I'll be on MSN tomorrow afternoon... I'll walk you through it .. seems like you installed with your Anti-Virus running

Look at the other thread that says Hardcore Mini Map Campaign... That is the one currently running..

But it sounds line you did not let the installer finish properly.. I'll get with you tomorrow afternoon to get it straightened out

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline deadmansix

• Lt.
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 05:42:07 am »

ok did your server but is there anyway to keep missons to certain hexes, cus I ran into a couple that I had to use my transporters in a Neb to fix a ship and you finish the mission

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 09:16:06 am »

ok did your server but is there anyway to keep missons to certain hexes, cus I ran into a couple that I had to use my transporters in a Neb to fix a ship and you finish the mission

No, but we have to let Dave know to have the scripts check for terrain and limit certain mission options.

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 08:21:55 am »

Let me know what kind of mission scenarios this happens with - there's an override to eliminate certain scenarios in neb hexes, but I've probably forgotten a couple in the list.

thanks,
dave

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Lt. Commander
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 08:31:06 am »
Traitors in our midst..

As a once-a-server event it might be okay but this will get tiresome fast on a real campaign.

The likelihood is currently set to something like 3% in the hardcore scripts, and lower than that in the ED ones. 

IIRC (currently jetlagged and in post-vacation mode) in the XC scripts you might have to work to escape alive, whereas in the others the mission should still be winnable.   

(This only happens with AI needless to say - it won't switch alliances of human pilots.)

dave

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 10:12:02 am »
Traitors in our midst..

The likelihood is currently set to something like 3% in the hardcore scripts, and lower than that in the ED ones. 

IIRC (currently jetlagged and in post-vacation mode) in the XC scripts you might have to work to escape alive, whereas in the others the mission should still be winnable.   

(This only happens with AI needless to say - it won't switch alliances of human pilots.)

dave

The only mission in where my ally went rogue and I had to run was where I was ambushed by a few dreads laying in wait.  However, my ally was already dead by the time it went rogue, and my hull was heading to the border.

Any other rogue missions I've fought and won, a couple with dreads in them, but never more than one dread.  I find though that when you're in a higher class hull the more likely your ally, if there is one, is going to go rogue.

When I was flying an NEC, it only happened to be 3 times.  I'm now in a CAD+R, and it's happened at least 6 times, 2 of them with enemy dreads in the mission.

Luckily I'm getting good at killing dread AI.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Lt. Commander
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 12:58:23 pm »
OK, hopefully I've got all the issues noted so far resolved.

I'm uploading new versions right now (though my connection is dog slow today, might take awhile yet).

EDIT:  FINALLY!! They're posted ...

If you're playing on Hardcore don't use the new ones until you hear from Pesty, but if you're trying them out in SP they're here:
ED ones
XC ones

dave
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 09:01:39 pm by NuclearWessels »

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 03:16:34 pm »
Dave, what's the difference between the XC and ED versions?