Topic: Hardcore Server NEW SCRIPTS testing  (Read 81700 times)

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
Hardcore Server NEW SCRIPTS testing
« on: July 09, 2008, 10:14:18 am »
Hardcore server in undergoing testing of some new scripts and you are all welcome.. make sure to bring a wing.. the server is running stock Ai settings, the scripts seem to have Random BPV .. running on a stock server, I was in F-CC and drew Z-DD and Z-DNE on 1 mission, then drew Z-CL, Z-DD, D-DNE on the second mission with a F-CAR ally.

I am putting up a new installer..

This thread is for issues with the scripts, bugs, anomolies, etc..

You will now receive negative prestige from running out of hex or not completing a mission..

Pay attention to script text.. not all missions are combat.. there are different scenarios to encounter, so good luck.

http://warpcore.110mb.com/Downloads/Hardcore_Installer.zip Allow for the black Dos Window to complete on its own.. DO NOT CLOSE IT ... it will close on its own.

If you have a previous installer for this server, please run the uninstaller for it.. allow black dos window to run through.. it may ask you some questions.. just say yes..

Then install this installer and log in.. it is only 4 scripts and the Models and the shiplist.. but the 4 scripts should be interesting..

This is a beta test of the scripts as well as stress testing.. thanks.

Now that we have updated scripts.. the installer is updated..

The scripts are available at

http://warpcore.110mb.com/Downloads/HC_Scripts.zip  Updated July 23 along with the installer.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:43:21 am by Cptn_Pestalence_XC »
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Ternado

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Hardcore Server NEW SCRIPTS testing
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 06:59:59 pm »
new installer is not working.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 07:21:04 pm »
Rebuilding it now.. Use the HC_Uninstall.exe in the game directory and then reinstall OP +.. this will correct Shiplist errors.. New installer will be up in about 25 min after I test it on my game.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline KBF-Standarte

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 08:26:12 pm »
Actually had no problems with the installer (the "first" new one).  Missions excellent, one was particularly tough but do-able.  This server could be a major draw - especially for the jaded.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 08:27:05 pm »
New installer uploaded now.. Use the link above please to get revised installer.

Here are the scripts by themselves.. also contains a campaign MCT file.. so install at your won risk.. I haven't checked the name or content of the MCT file.

http://www3.telus.net/NuclearWessels/sfc/downloads/ED_XCPack.exe

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Strayy

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Strayy's Tavern
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 10:34:38 pm »
Pesty... you have my scripts from the Tavern...  it has all ED's old scripts and his new ones... why dont you use them in your HC server... they never had any probs before, and would be a good compliment to the new stuff.... and add more punch... :P

Admiral Strayy
    Chief cook & bottle washer of Strayy's Tavern
     http://tavern.paulsbeercrew.com

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 10:46:08 pm »
Oh, I intend to mix it up with the scripts.. I am just running the 4 scripts in this pack for testing purposes.. NW just made them and they need testing.. They are for the XC Campaign server but I wanted HardCore to punish them for a bit and get bug reports for Dave so they can be adjusted.. It is just easier to have the new scripts pull when they are the only scripts in the server.. this way they can get thoroughly tested.

After about 2 weeks of testing them, I plan to add in EEK, Tracey G and NW scripts back in and crank the AI back up for the regular scripts.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Strayy

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Strayy's Tavern
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 10:52:22 pm »
coooool  !!   should be fun.. :banghead:  (from 1 admin to another)    ;D

Admiral Strayy
    Chief cook & bottle washer of Strayy's Tavern
     http://tavern.paulsbeercrew.com

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 12:59:24 am »
OK, I have noticed that some of you are trying to log in to my server.. You will either need to use the installer, which means first, TURN OFF YOUR ANTI-VIRUS before installing.. and second DO NOT CLOSE THE DOS BOX.. The dos box is a batch script that I use to back up your game files so that they can be restored to original condition upon Uninstall.

Closing the Dos Box is a good way to mess up your game and may require you to Uninstall the Hardcore files using the uninstaller I provided, and then reinstall your OP + and then run the installer again.

For those of you who can't figure out how to disable your Anti-Virus to use the installer.. You can manually add the files to joint the server, but I have no room to host the Models that are needed to go with the shiplist.

Please, instead of just grabbing a file and installing it.. read the directions first to understand how to install it.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 02:38:02 pm »
FUNNNNNN wooohooooooooo

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 12:00:08 pm »
I'll be out of town for the next 10 days or so, have fun testing!

dave

PS - If these prove to be over the top, there's a milder version here  (essentially the same sctripts, just lower/less-random difficulty levels)
EDScenarios.exe

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 08:05:39 pm »
OK, I have noticed that some of you are trying to log in to my server.. You will either need to use the installer, which means first, TURN OFF YOUR ANTI-VIRUS before installing.. and second DO NOT CLOSE THE DOS BOX.. The dos box is a batch script that I use to back up your game files so that they can be restored to original condition upon Uninstall.

Closing the Dos Box is a good way to mess up your game and may require you to Uninstall the Hardcore files using the uninstaller I provided, and then reinstall your OP + and then run the installer again.

For those of you who can't figure out how to disable your Anti-Virus to use the installer.. You can manually add the files to joint the server, but I have no room to host the Models that are needed to go with the shiplist.

Please, instead of just grabbing a file and installing it.. read the directions first to understand how to install it.

What models ? I thought something was missing- a couple x ships in the Rom shipyards gave me a black screen, luckily I didn't try to buy one.

The second installer didn't work either. The files went into subspace, I can't find them. I had to unzip to temp and drag them to the OP folder again. The escaping BB mission was cool as was the  (damn, I forgot) but the convoy one was a mess- I drew 2 DN's.
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 09:22:20 pm »
The models are in the DH123 folder.. mainly for the PF's and so forth.. there is also the Model.Siz file to go into the Models directory to proper ship scaling to prevent Model Size Cheating...  I need to add that to the CRC checking...

As for the installer.. it installs to the Directory your game disk installs to.. If you changed the directory After installing the game, then you may want to change the registry entry to point to the new location since the installer seeks the registry entry for where the game installed to.

I tested it extensively on my system for both XP and Vista with no errors..

Best way to install is have your game in OP + v4.0 ... and then run the installer with Anti-Virus turned off.. Allow the Black Dos Window to close on its own..

Also make sure that your game is still in the same location that you installed it to with no modification of folder names.. The installers look for the Original Install Path from your system registry.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 10:15:41 pm »
After checking.. it seems the ships missing the UI in the Ship Library is the PF Leaders... they have no UI assigned to them.. at least not in Romulan.. however the rest of the ship UI's show up just fine.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 11:13:41 pm »
The models are in the DH123 folder.. mainly for the PF's and so forth.. there is also the Model.Siz file to go into the Models directory to proper ship scaling to prevent Model Size Cheating...  I need to add that to the CRC checking...

As for the installer.. it installs to the Directory your game disk installs to.. If you changed the directory After installing the game, then you may want to change the registry entry to point to the new location since the installer seeks the registry entry for where the game installed to.

I tested it extensively on my system for both XP and Vista with no errors..

Best way to install is have your game in OP + v4.0 ... and then run the installer with Anti-Virus turned off.. Allow the Black Dos Window to close on its own..

Also make sure that your game is still in the same location that you installed it to with no modification of folder names.. The installers look for the Original Install Path from your system registry.

OH NO, I hope the installer didn't put them in my original OP folder I copied from my old computer last week. But I checked the 'new' install and it's in the default folder. I checked the registry and it points to the 'new install' folder. I'll do a more thorough search tomorrow to find those flies, as well as the missing models. Mod chooser picked up the first install, and I had those files installed when I ran the second installer, but mod chooser missed it. I left it as-is because it works to get me on the server.
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Leto Atreides

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 08:32:01 pm »
so for this computer not soo savy guy.  install op. patch, directory server fix, op+ shiplist, then your installer right?

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 08:39:56 pm »
Correct.. also make sure that your Anti-Virus is turned off during all installs.. also make sure you have latest DirectX installed.. Current Version is June 2008.. I recommend the latest IT installer since it installs all files fresh instead of updating current files using the web installer.

so

Turn off Anti-Virus

Install OP and say no to DirectX 7 and Gamespy,

Install Patch 2.5.0.0 to 2.5.5.2

Install OP + v4.0 (this should already contain the Directory Server Fix in it)

Install the Hardcore Installer

**Recommended, at this point, installing the IT version of the June 2008 DirectX**

then you can re-enable your Anti-Virus

**Recommended that you disable your active scanner of your Anti-Virus and your Firewall when playing on the Dynaverse**

you are good to go.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Leto Atreides

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 09:57:19 pm »
thanks. i got it working. i took a few missions as lyran, isc, and gorn. the lyran mission had me scared. 6 r krc vs me and my planet. i'm glad the ai ignored me.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 03:51:37 am »
OK.. I am including the easier versions of the current scripts into the server as of now..

Server is still on Stock AI settings

Now you will have the Hardcore Scripts and the Evil Dave scripts combined on the server.

Installer updated in first post

If you just want the new scripts without having to reinstall the server package.. then just DL and install this

http://www3.telus.net/NuclearWessels/sfc/downloads/EDScenarios.exe [if you are using this, then please back up any script that starts with Met_ED... (such as Met_EDPlayerPatrol.scr)in th event that you may have to restore previous versions]

Hope that this helps..

Remember, if you find Script bugs, please post them here.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline FPF-Paladin

• 'Thou shalt not CAD.' - DH
  • Lt.
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 07:42:28 pm »
OMg..  *drools*  I need my computer.. I wanna play this so bad.  6 KRCS whoo... I want that mission, especially if there is terrain.
~Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it. ~