Topic: Hardcore Server NEW SCRIPTS testing  (Read 81673 times)

Offline FPF-Paladin

• 'Thou shalt not CAD.' - DH
  • Lt.
Re: Hardcore Server NEW SCRIPTS testing
« Reply #400 on: September 21, 2008, 11:19:56 pm »
Got a bad CRC check on shiplist and fighterlist... did I miss a step?
~Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it. ~

Offline FPF-Paladin

• Lt.
« Reply #401 on: September 22, 2008, 12:08:54 am »
Nevermind.. my bad, sorted myself out  :P
~Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it. ~

Offline Lear

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #402 on: September 28, 2008, 08:08:02 pm »
Dispatches from the front.
25 missions (in a Neb) all went as planned
DV went proper although i only had 1 or 2
pirate missions.

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #403 on: November 24, 2008, 04:58:52 pm »
Hardcore is fun.

My only trouble is when I try to fly the ED_PlayerCombat mission. I have tried it three times, and with every try, the game crashes to desktop after about two minutes, and it says the message "Kernel32.dll has caused an error in StarfleetOP.exe, StarfleetOP.exe will now close," or "StarfleetOP.exe has caused an error in StarfleetOP.exe, StarfleetOP.exe will now close."

I don't know why my computer has a problem with only this one script (ED_EnemyCombat, ED_PlayerPatrol, and others all work fine). I am using the most recent script pack. My only guess is that "PlayerCombat" is a PvP mission and requires another player? But I am a new D2 player and don't know.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #404 on: November 24, 2008, 05:09:06 pm »
... But I am a new D2 player and don't know.

Ohhhh, I thought you were this Mace:smackhead: (He's an old-time Dynaverse player - check the user# in the profile link - been missing for over a year now...)

Glad you are having fun!

Thanks for the mission report, Pestalence and Dave will look into it I'm sure.

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #405 on: November 24, 2008, 10:27:19 pm »
... But I am a new D2 player and don't know.

Ohhhh, I thought you were this Mace:smackhead: (He's an old-time Dynaverse player - check the user# in the profile link - been missing for over a year now...)

Glad you are having fun!

Thanks for the mission report, Pestalence and Dave will look into it I'm sure.

Right after I made this account I saw the real Mace's  :-[

Thanks for looking into this. I noticed when Knight and I were winging against a group of Romulan carriers in an asteroid field, the addition of the fighters caused us to crash, but otherwise, this server is a blast of a challenge! Glad to see several people on tonight.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #406 on: November 24, 2008, 10:38:10 pm »
I noticed when Knight and I were winging against a group of Romulan carriers in an asteroid field, the addition of the fighters caused us to crash, but otherwise, this server is a blast of a challenge! Glad to see several people on tonight.

Also consider the fact that there were 2 ai helpers including a carrier.  I don't have the best system, and I'm on dialup, so me crashing in that mission isn't that much of a deal.  I think a bigger issue would be that Roy wasn't receiving draft notices, and half the time he tried to draft me, I didn't receive a notice, although I don't know if that was a router issue.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:52:04 pm by knightstorm »

Offline FPF-Paladin

• Lt.
« Reply #407 on: November 25, 2008, 06:20:32 am »
Hey Dave, I really like these missions   :police:

I did a mission where my orion foes 'sabotaged' my ship and did a few internals of weapon system etc damage to me, and afterwards the repair yard won't finish a last 7 worth of it, it keeps saying I have that much left to pay to repair it no matter how many times I select to repair it.  Was a really cool mission though!

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #408 on: November 26, 2008, 06:39:56 pm »
I noticed when Knight and I were winging against a group of Romulan carriers in an asteroid field, the addition of the fighters caused us to crash, but otherwise, this server is a blast of a challenge! Glad to see several people on tonight.

Also consider the fact that there were 2 ai helpers including a carrier.  I don't have the best system, and I'm on dialup, so me crashing in that mission isn't that much of a deal.  I think a bigger issue would be that Roy wasn't receiving draft notices, and half the time he tried to draft me, I didn't receive a notice, although I don't know if that was a router issue.
I don't know why I am not getting drafted, but I uninstalled and reinstalled the HC_server files, hopefully that does it.

I found out that I was crashing in certain fighter battles because the Hardcore ftrlist directs some of its models to the /DH123/etc folder, which I never copied that into the OP directory...maybe you are having this problem too Knight, where the list points to a missing folder? Works fine now after making sure the models were in the right place.

I don't think I ever had a problem with the ED_PlayerCombat script, but only thought so because the R-FH-B carrier happened to be in the script whenever I tried to play, and it crashed when the ship launched its fighters. Sorry about the false trouble warning, Bonk and Pesty.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #409 on: December 18, 2008, 03:26:24 pm »
Traitors in our midst..

I was flying on the Hardcore server.. my F-CAR with an ally F-CAR and we were racking up quite a bit of damage on our enemies, the Z-DNE and the Z-CD..

I was in position to cripple the Z-CD while my ally was attacking the Z-DNE when all of a sudden I got a message on my screen stating that my ally was turning on me.. not captured, but swapped sides.. I had to fight my way out of the middle of them..

Anyhow here is a screen shot.. the yellow writing is gone, but I brought the message up in the comms panel.. I outlined it in red...

Needless to say I barely made it off the map.. I did kill the Z-CD and I hurt the F-CAR, but not badly enough.. I got proxied badly and near the map border I was being hammered by Dizzys and PH 1's and a few proxies.. I limped off the map severely damaged...

Man that was wicked.. it was one of the XC scripts...
How  did  you  get  the  thing  that  displays  your  FPS as we  have  this  built into GW?

Nice pic of that  F-CAR btw.Rephrased.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 02:40:21 am by Age »

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #410 on: December 23, 2008, 03:12:08 am »
Welll for FPS.. if you have Tam Speak installed.. you can get Team Speak Overlay.. it shows who is talking and FPS... however TSO only works with XP, not Vista systems.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team