Topic: Hardcore Server NEW SCRIPTS testing  (Read 81771 times)

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
Re: Hardcore Server NEW SCRIPTS testing
« Reply #300 on: August 02, 2008, 12:44:15 pm »
Not sure these are issues as they didn't seem to affect anything, but they were oddities:

XC Enemy Patrol: Medical beam out from the Transporter MFD; The "package" was there and the mission worked fine. There was another icon in the receiving ship's display area that was the Diplomat icon (I think, looked like two guys with ties?). I waited for instructions to beam them out, but the mission finished.

XC Enemy Patrol: Beam a security team onto a pirate ship; The team went over, but didn't seem to do anything. I got no further messages. I waited a few minutes then captured the ship in a normal boarding action. Everything reported correctly.

Should have these cleaned up today - there were a bunch of missions that were adding some extras aboard the target ship.

I've put the missing dialog back in the pirate case as well (doh!)

Also, for those of you who like to fly multiple ships, I think I've cleaned up the zillion or so cases where you'd get a slew of duplicate messages.

dave

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #301 on: August 02, 2008, 01:24:53 pm »
Now that we have updated scripts, again.. the installer is updated..

To uninstall the old installer.. go into your OP directory and find the HC_Uninstall.exe and run it.. and then you can DL and run the new installer..

http://warpcore.110mb.com/Downloads/Hardcore_Installer.zip

Alternatively, you can just install the new scripts over the top of the old ones..

http://warpcore.110mb.com/Downloads/HC_Scripts.zip

Server has already been updated with the new scripts.

Also the DB has been reset.. map has had a bit of an edit in order to help the new problem.. Home space hexes will have an Econ of 1 in each hex except 2.. you have a main economical hex and a support hex to throw the economy off a hair for the news.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Lear

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #302 on: August 02, 2008, 01:44:11 pm »
Still no joy in mudville this time i see the campaign but can not join
do to bad files ??

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #303 on: August 02, 2008, 02:34:29 pm »
Mines up now with the ED missions and OP+ 4.0.  I've got laundry and crap to do so I might be on later.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #304 on: August 02, 2008, 04:11:05 pm »
Try the downloads again.. I just re- updated them
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Lt. Commander
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #305 on: August 02, 2008, 04:55:36 pm »
Try the downloads again.. I just re- updated them

LoL, looks like I'm about 40 minutes late - just posted an update (sorry Pesty!)

No biggie on this one though - I wouldn't re-re-update them  ;D  Just a couple of bug fixes: discovered there was still a chance EnemyPatrol would give you wayyyyy too much opposition, and also fixed the spy scenarios not reporting correctly.

buggy dave

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #306 on: August 02, 2008, 05:47:17 pm »
ED, when you use ur comms panel and click on the mission briefing, the briefing needs to give you the mission name so we wont forget what mission it is. Currently if u dont remember the premission briefing, ur SOL. So plz also include the true mission name into the mission briefing comms panel. Thanks.

And ur maps... what size u gonna make em? 496x620 aint bad... I also want them to be compatible with the new map definitions. Are they? Will they support them all??

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #307 on: August 02, 2008, 05:54:48 pm »
ED, when you use ur comms panel and click on the mission briefing, the briefing needs to give you the mission name so we wont forget what mission it is. Currently if u dont remember the premission briefing, ur SOL. So plz also include the true mission name into the mission briefing comms panel. Thanks.

And ur maps... what size u gonna make em? 496x620 aint bad... I also want them to be compatible with the new map definitions. Are they? Will they support them all??

You can tell what mission it is at the end in the debriefing screen.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #308 on: August 02, 2008, 06:07:05 pm »
Ya corbo.... thats nice when the mission gets that far. Sometimes it dont and thats why id like to have it also repeated whenever i click mission briefing on comms panel in mission.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #309 on: August 02, 2008, 07:00:48 pm »
Mines up now with the ED missions and OP+ 4.0.  I've got laundry and crap to do so I might be on later.

I used the ed link from page ten of this thread but couldn't get on the DH server. Bad crc , a few ed missions weren't found. If they weren't good, where are the "usual ones"?
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #310 on: August 02, 2008, 08:23:59 pm »

I used the ed link from page ten of this thread but couldn't get on the DH server. Bad crc , a few ed missions weren't found. If they weren't good, where are the "usual ones"?

See the link in my other thread, re-download and install as ED updated the misisons today.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #311 on: August 02, 2008, 10:18:27 pm »
did and still no joy.  :'(

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #312 on: August 02, 2008, 10:42:33 pm »

You installing the ED or the XC?   I'm using the ED ones.

Offline Walleye

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #313 on: August 03, 2008, 06:07:34 am »
Ran a few missions on Hardcore tonight and noticed a few things.

ED Player patrol(solo), the one where it says capture the friegtor, you capture it and you get mission complete with no DV shift.

R ED Enemy patrol(w/ Deadman allied), the one where you scan the AI, you scan it and get mission complete with no DV shift.

NW9 PlanetaryAssault, Mad Cat(Hydran) drafted me(Fed) when the mission ended planet flipped Fed.

The XC missions seem alot easier. Most take about 5 minutes in a droner. The 3v2 XC Combat one takes about 10.

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Lt. Commander
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2008, 07:51:09 am »
Thanks Walleye, will look into those.

After ironing out the various bugs the difficulty level dropped way down - will take a bit of juggling to get the XC ones back where Pesty would like 'em  ;D

ED maps right now (release below) are 560 wide x 800 talll, so if you need to run go east-west  ;)
(XC maps are still much much larger)

The mission name also appears in your BattleLog.txt file.

This release fixes more DV bugs and balance tweaks and the new map sizes.
ED ones
XC ones

dave
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 09:07:25 am by NuclearWessels »

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #315 on: August 03, 2008, 11:52:19 am »

You installing the ED or the XC?   I'm using the ED ones.

Just the Eds.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #316 on: August 03, 2008, 11:59:09 am »
Thanks Walleye, will look into those.

After ironing out the various bugs the difficulty level dropped way down - will take a bit of juggling to get the XC ones back where Pesty would like 'em  ;D

ED maps right now (release below) are 560 wide x 800 talll, so if you need to run go east-west  ;)
(XC maps are still much much larger)

The mission name also appears in your BattleLog.txt file.

This release fixes more DV bugs and balance tweaks and the new map sizes.
ED ones
XC ones

dave

Just installed these Ed missions and tried to get on. Found bad crc for met enemy patrol, player combat and player patrol.

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Lt. Commander
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #317 on: August 03, 2008, 12:22:11 pm »
Sorry Tobin - Hardcore usually runs a few hours to a day behind the packs I post.  (Not a reflection on Pesty, I just keep updating for bug fixes as I get em done -- makes it a pain for admins, but that's always been my specialty  ;) )

Other than the four new ones currently under test, I'm not sure which of the standard scripts DH is using on his server - I would guess the ones from the last AOTK campaign?

dave

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #318 on: August 03, 2008, 12:39:23 pm »
Same here.. I'm running Planet and base assaults from the AOTK 4 server along with the ED and XC scripts that Dave is working on now.. I just got home and DL'd the latest packs.. as soon as the server is clear of people, I will update the server and build new installer and script zip files...

Currently I am running the pack just before the release right now.. I will have it updated in a couple of hours.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Walleye

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #319 on: August 03, 2008, 01:18:26 pm »

Had an ED Combat on a Klingon Planet hexx, kill 3 ships and capture planet,mission wont end and planet is shooting at something,out of nowhere comes 2 C8K's(evil D :o). I died and thee mission wouldnt end.