Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276243 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2008, 08:57:29 am »
I like the Federation Symbol yu have on the side of the Mars there.
Think I might use that if you don't mind, or at least make a variation of it.

The Churchill looks pretty interesting, if you rebuilt the problem areas and are now remapping it the ship will not be as painful to do.
If you need any textures let me know

Go for it. It's just a circle and the arrowhead with half of it hollowed out. I was thinking about using the laurel wreath instead of the circle behind it, but it didn't look right.
Thanks for your offer of help.

Wasn't impressed with the design ever since I first saw it on Staryards... I felt it was too heavy on the greebles in all the wrong places. Perhaps your retexture will help me change my mind?

I don't think that there were that many greebles - they were just really pronounced because they seemed so forieign on a federation ship. Really the only major greebles are the ones on the top of the saucer (which we see on the miranda and loknar) and the one on the deflector. We'll see how the retexture goes.

Damn nice work on the Churchill. I'm going to miss the armored bridge. This is my favorite TMP era Federation ship, I use it as my Fed X-cruiser.
This is followed by the FASA Chandley and Lt. Riley's TMP Loknar Refit USS Phobos and the TMP Akula. I use the Akyazi as my X-destroyer.
Anarion's quasi-interactive USS Churchil site is here:
http://users.adelphia.net/~anarion/Churchill/churchill/index.html
Qapla'
KF

Thanks KF. I didn't realize that the churchill bridge was armored. I was never a fan of the Chandly. I have the loknar/phobos retextured and rebashed, as well as the akula, which im sure you're aware of. The Akyazi i tend to use as a war destroyer.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2008, 10:30:36 am »
coming along nicely...

Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2008, 11:41:34 am »
Work continues to continue.

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2008, 01:40:57 pm »
Churchill is done.

Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2008, 03:04:52 pm »
 ;D D/l link please...

Any non-Federation ships on your workbench?

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2008, 03:09:19 pm »
;D D/l link please...
Any non-Federation ships on your workbench?
Qapla'
KF

A ton, but they are all on the back burner.
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2008, 03:11:20 pm »
Churchill is done.

I don't know you might want to look at it again, you might be able to get a different look at things
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2008, 03:13:32 pm »
I like what you did on the aft of the saucer.

Not really sure what you mean by matching the nacelle to the top of that saucer bit. They are the same shade of blue, but the saucer has the white bits like my lexington.
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2008, 03:17:37 pm »
Add some white to the top of the engines blue to match what you did on the saucer
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2008, 03:35:55 pm »

I like how it looks on the nacelles, definetly. However, due to the way that I mapped out the saucer prevents me from doing what you recommend - and to be honest, I really don't feel like going back over it.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2008, 04:06:10 pm »
Atolm suggested I make the aztecs a lighter blue instead of light grey, and i think it works better this way. A lot more subtle. Don't feel like posting a pic, lol.
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2008, 04:47:43 pm »
Atolm suggested I make the aztecs a lighter blue instead of light grey, and i think it works better this way. A lot more subtle. Don't feel like posting a pic, lol.

Thats fine it was were I was thinking as well, more of a blended colouring.
As for not doing the rim thats fine I was hoping you had mapped that back area as part of the rim

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2008, 07:36:18 pm »
Looking suhweet! I can't wait for the release of your retextured / reworked feddie fleet. I'm truly amazed at what you;ve accomplish with a fwe mesh tweaks and new textures. If you need someone to port to SFC 3 just let me know.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2008, 08:16:15 pm »
Thanks Shadow. Persmissions could be a complex issue. I don't mind people using my textures, and SFC to SFC conversion is fine. If its to BC you need a go from me. Now Khaliban has an open poolicy on his models, so that won't inhibit anything, but let's say I retex Modeller John's model, and he says "no conversion unless you have my expressed permission." then for that particular model, you need to seek out the highest level of permission that pertains to that ship. I don't know how WZ feels about conversions, so you'd have to ask him. Everyone else who's models I use are all open.

BTW, the Carolina
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2008, 10:16:59 pm »
Well, I guess what I meant was excessive (and IMO, unecissary) detailing in some places. I thought the nacelles were too close to the hull, and don't care much for the ribbing on the top of the nacelles or the strange spire coming out of the deflector dish. Either way it is what it is...

Did you plan on covering designs like the Bozeman, constellation, and Ptolemy?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2008, 11:21:18 pm »
Since I have the Miranda done, the Bozeman will not be that difficult. I will tackle the Constellation, but its pretty low on my list. the Ptolemy is a simple bash - I can have that out of the way in 20 minutes.
Robinomicon

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2008, 11:52:05 am »
When it comes to WZ, if you ask him nicely, he may give his permission.  All I do know is that you have to ask him.  I make no other assumptions other than that.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2008, 01:11:44 pm »
Well, I guess what I meant was excessive (and IMO, unecissary) detailing in some places. I thought the nacelles were too close to the hull, and don't care much for the ribbing on the top of the nacelles or the strange spire coming out of the deflector dish. Either way it is what it is...

The original design can be found here...

http://users.adelphia.net/~anarion/Churchill/churchill/index.html
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2008, 04:31:46 pm »
A quick fed fighter retex.

You'll notice that the fighter uses red trim, and all the starships use blue. You see, in my private little star trek universe, I always imagined Starfleet as more military than paramilitary. In keeping with that, different branches get different colors. Blue = navy, red = starfighter corps, etc, etc.

I also rather think of the federation less as a centralized governemnt, and more like the real-life UN or NATO. It's an alliance where various members contribute resources and mutual defense, but are definitely sovereign within the membership. (this is why, if you notice, all my "federation" ships are actually from Earth and have the "United Earth" signage on it.)
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2008, 05:09:07 pm »
Btw, could someone please model out some good Federation TMP fighters? this one, and the one thu11s bashed out are great for what they were made from, but I think a new mesh is needed.
Robinomicon