Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276127 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #280 on: December 05, 2008, 10:51:52 am »
From a far off galaxy on a quest for vengeance.

Seltorian Heavy Cruiser.

Still needs nacelles and stuff, but its a start.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2008, 11:41:02 pm »
Definitely a good start.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #282 on: December 06, 2008, 03:02:37 pm »
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #283 on: December 06, 2008, 03:24:45 pm »
Can't forget the Romulans...
Robinomicon

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #284 on: December 11, 2008, 06:18:21 pm »
okay, I know you are lurking around, cloaked...But I'm still going to say, get yer arse out here and finish these (or at least one lol), you hippy :D

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #285 on: December 11, 2008, 08:23:40 pm »
Actually I think he like to start things looses interest in them and then will not let anyone else finish them.
And even if he did, I tried this, no one would probably do it anyways.

Either way it would be nice to see one or two get finished up this time.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #286 on: December 12, 2008, 12:14:22 am »
I'm still waiting for those Federation models to get released.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #287 on: December 12, 2008, 09:34:57 am »
MERR!
I had finals to work on :-P

Tell you what... Today I'm not doing much. I will convert over the Constitution2, the J'Va and at least one other that you request... Once i've done those three I might have the rhythm to do more. :-P. So what should the third be?
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #288 on: December 12, 2008, 10:48:40 am »
Me?

Either the Excelsior (base) or the Miranda. I've never been completely satisfied with the ones I've found on Battleclinic, and it doesn't seem that Adonis nor CC22 will release/complete their own Excelsior or Miranda, respectively.

Finals I can understand- I've just completed them myself.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #289 on: December 12, 2008, 12:10:14 pm »
Me?
I would go with a Excelsior or one of the PFs, the PFs are unique and no one has any of those.
After that I like the Roman ones and guys from the simulator.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #290 on: December 12, 2008, 01:05:19 pm »
Are there any good methods of creating break models?
Robinomicon

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #291 on: December 12, 2008, 02:00:13 pm »
Are there any good methods of creating break models?

I have a AVI file on how to do them but zipped it is 23 megs which is to large to send or attach here

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2008, 02:13:10 pm »
Found it again on-line it is from Joker

Click Here!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #293 on: December 12, 2008, 02:36:19 pm »
I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. Has anyone mastered a way to make break mods with solid parts? Using deatches just leaves openings that're rather ugly.
Robinomicon

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2008, 03:12:23 pm »
I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. Has anyone mastered a way to make break mods with solid parts? Using deatches just leaves openings that're rather ugly.

The only way to really do that is to go about breaking up the model like Joker demonstrates in that tut of his, but then moving the pieces, rotating them a bit if you wish, and then capping the holes and texturing the caps to show internal ship damage.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2008, 06:10:00 pm »

The only way to really do that is to go about breaking up the model like Joker demonstrates in that tut of his, but then moving the pieces, rotating them a bit if you wish, and then capping the holes and texturing the caps to show internal ship damage.

Yup that does cover the other half to do break models.
You section then like Jokers did, hide the parts you broke off and fix the model with levels usually on fire. Then unhide the sectioned off part hide the model and do the same thing. Its a pain to do, so I usually just use Jokers fast method as the break model is only on screen for a few seconds before the game ends. and if you are fighting multiple targets once one goes boom you work on the others ignoring the break model anyways

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2008, 07:13:29 pm »

ya... booleans... lots of them.  there is no easy way.
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #297 on: December 16, 2008, 02:48:49 pm »
Well i have modelled interiors of a ship, you can always use that ship as a guide

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #298 on: January 04, 2009, 11:58:58 pm »
FoAs, any word on the TMP fleet?

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #299 on: January 05, 2009, 10:44:14 am »
I second this bump for a status report please.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron