Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276172 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #340 on: May 12, 2009, 01:13:35 am »
Something I'm considering working a fleet around.

call it an updated TOS base. I've always liked the NX nacelles - so I put those on LS's Monitor body with a standard connie saucer. The bridge model is from the NX as well. The dish is just a neat modification I liked. I want to go with an NX-like paint scheme, with blue trim (but not as heavily blue as my TMP fleet). I think this look gives me more room to get more primitive with the pre-TOS stuff, but segues nicely into TMP.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #341 on: May 12, 2009, 01:27:02 am »

Saladin with same idea.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #342 on: May 12, 2009, 05:04:48 am »
Something I'm considering working a fleet around.

call it an updated TOS base. I've always liked the NX nacelles - so I put those on LS's Monitor body with a standard connie saucer. The bridge model is from the NX as well. The dish is just a neat modification I liked. I want to go with an NX-like paint scheme, with blue trim (but not as heavily blue as my TMP fleet). I think this look gives me more room to get more primitive with the pre-TOS stuff, but segues nicely into TMP.

May I see some more views please?
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #343 on: May 12, 2009, 06:45:03 am »

The proportions are the same as the classic 1701
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #344 on: May 12, 2009, 07:26:21 am »
Burke in this form
Robinomicon

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #345 on: May 12, 2009, 10:05:07 am »

The proportions are the same as the classic 1701

*drools*
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #346 on: May 12, 2009, 10:41:21 am »
So thats a "yes, we approve"?
Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #347 on: May 12, 2009, 01:11:24 pm »
I can't find reason for complaint

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #348 on: May 12, 2009, 01:48:44 pm »
So thats a "yes, we approve"?

*sets some planets on fire and waves them over my head back and forth slowly while listening to the soundtrack for Balls Of Fury*

In case you're still confused, that means this ship is definitely deserving of the name Constitution Class.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #349 on: May 12, 2009, 05:23:51 pm »
very nicely done looking forward to seeing them textured Keep up the great work  ;D

I Approve Very Very Much   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #350 on: May 12, 2009, 10:12:22 pm »
Fury. I only went through this thread AFTER I read your request for the Hybrid Enterprise, and I have a question. Any reason you'd make a request for it, if you already have a mesh of the ship?? (I'm just curious more than anything)

Oh and on the point of your Federation fleet. Absolutely stunning texture work. Some of them look almost like actual physical kits and not 3d models (and in almost all cases better than some of the high poly CGI versions I've come to see in the past). Makes me quite jealous  :D

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #351 on: May 12, 2009, 10:43:42 pm »
Fury. I only went through this thread AFTER I read your request for the Hybrid Enterprise, and I have a question. Any reason you'd make a request for it, if you already have a mesh of the ship?? (I'm just curious more than anything)

Oh and on the point of your Federation fleet. Absolutely stunning texture work. Some of them look almost like actual physical kits and not 3d models (and in almost all cases better than some of the high poly CGI versions I've come to see in the past). Makes me quite jealous  :D

He did not have a mesh of the ship at the time of asking. Since no one had it he made it, by bashing a few ships together and making what he need that was not around.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #352 on: May 12, 2009, 10:56:03 pm »
My bad FoaS, I thought you were asking help to texture it.

if all you are looking for yeah I like the look of that TOS design so far than ya looks good to me!
I don't know if I would go NX on it though I think something between the NX and TOS connie would be better. Mostly over all white with Copper Details, and silver or steel in some places to offset the copper. Not at my home PC at the moment but will try to colour some of the pics you have to see what might be a option for you. I can't guarentee any time for textures but if you map it and are getting stuck I will try to help you were I can.

I know you use PS and I use PSP, Ican save into your file type and open it. Only problem is not all the layers will transfer seperated some will merge in the conversion. I do know a way around it it means a bit more manual work then just trading files though. It is basically leaving the outline and letting the other party do the colouring.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #353 on: May 12, 2009, 11:10:21 pm »
I say, there's no reason why we can't have both FoaS and Major Payne do this ship.  The more the better.  Or do I have to use the Puss In Boots method of begging again.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #354 on: May 13, 2009, 12:39:58 am »
Okay, let us clarify a few things.

If you look more closely at the requested ship, this isn't it - though it is close.

GAFY - I'd love to take a look at your suggestions. I'm actually thinking the same thing - Copper is just a little too primitive for a TOS-era ship.

EDIT: I can't spell...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:54:19 am by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #355 on: May 13, 2009, 01:02:58 am »

That's quite a compliment - thank you :-).
Robinomicon

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #356 on: May 13, 2009, 07:33:44 am »
Ah. Now you mention it and after taking a cloer look I can see the overall differences. Lets just hope I can keep the accuracy to a very high level in that case.

FoAS. In all my dealings with high and low poly models I've come to appreciate that low poly modelling can sometimes be much harder. With CGI models, whilst they can look amazing, thats all they are there for - to look at. Low poly modelling is, in itself, a hell of a much harder art form to master but when a person does the results can be breathtaking. Whilst there are plenty of great modellers who can carry out a lot of the various aspects I've onyl seen a bare handful who are capable of combining the various methods to produce these works of art that do invariably look better than CGI high poly. Even kitbashing can produce some interesting and unique models as long as you have all texture material matching (I should know as I've done a fair few kitbashes in my time), but to my mind low poly modelling is mostly far superior to high poly models simple because you need to create the best possible quality textures you can and with next to no detail in a model (when compared to hundreds of thousands of polys of detail) its the textures that count. I stand by any compliment that I make even if I have never been able to make my own textures (tried on many occasions and even had a couple of people try to give me the basics :( ).

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #357 on: May 13, 2009, 10:13:17 am »
Retexing has begun
Robinomicon

Offline Major A Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #358 on: May 13, 2009, 10:56:49 am »
UES??

Exceptional clean so far.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #359 on: May 13, 2009, 10:59:26 am »
UES??

Exceptional clean so far.

Yup: United Earth Ship... Remember in FoaSverse the federation is less like the United States and more like the UN and NATO with its member nations/planets. They maintain independence but serve in joint missions.

Robinomicon