Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 275913 times)

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #420 on: May 19, 2009, 12:42:05 am »
It's my impression that the most popular Chandley was the TMP variant. TOS versions exist, but for my part I like the TMP version :)

I would suggest the Destroyat to bulk out the TOS fleet (since it is one of the more recognizable, original, TOS ships) but it doesn't seem that there are any on Battleclinic. I wonder if anyone did this ship?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #421 on: May 19, 2009, 12:46:51 am »
It's my impression that the most popular Chandley was the TMP variant. TOS versions exist, but for my part I like the TMP version :)

I would suggest the Destroyat to bulk out the TOS fleet (since it is one of the more recognizable, original, TOS ships) but it doesn't seem that there are any on Battleclinic. I wonder if anyone did this ship?

I understand that the chandley is a TMP ship, and its a popular one at that. However, if you go through the thread - you'll see that I have over two dozens TMP ships. Rather than just add yet another one, or not having a chandley at all, I'd rather work it into the TOS fleet. Its not its traditional home, but it will work.

I don't know how I feel about the detroyat - I'll let the thought fester.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #422 on: May 19, 2009, 02:44:00 am »
Actually - does anyone have a backup of Desty Nova's works - i mean, the entire site?

Why, yes. Yes I do.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/2652637/8ef6259e/sharing.html

Eventually I'll get the site back up. In the meantime, here's the models. There are a couple of models that weren't part of the original site. The links weren't working for a while, but they seem to be fine now.

They are,
FCL_Akula - self explanatory
KaremmanTrader - A model that was made by request of Raven Night, IIRC
lpf_blk - a black retexture of Desty's Lyran PF that I did (in a previous life ;))
Orbiter_Class - a Fed tug with a CVA pod
zdn_tos_DN_092503 - Desty's original Kzinti DN. The zdn.rar above it on the page is the newer and official release.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #423 on: May 19, 2009, 08:15:13 am »
Alright. Eventually I think I'll grab some of the SFb stuff to fill in the ranks of my TOS Stuff - but that'll be a while from now.

D7 is done :-). Probably going to go to the Gull next.

Before and after
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:53:40 am by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #424 on: May 19, 2009, 11:31:12 am »
 ;D I hope that you are talking about Terradyhne's upgraded FASA Klingon Gull with the torpedo tubes in the fore and aft...

Nice work so far!

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #425 on: May 19, 2009, 12:09:38 pm »
Haha - I didn't know that one existed >.<!
Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #426 on: May 19, 2009, 12:47:35 pm »
She look sweet. On the subject if Terradhyne has don a version of a ship you want give his first consideration. That man has a special skill and his models always look higher poly then they are.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #427 on: May 19, 2009, 01:15:17 pm »
Yeah, I'm seeing that his model is much better than Korah's. I wonder if he has any plans to make all the FASA beasts.

Gull
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 11:35:58 am by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #428 on: May 20, 2009, 12:53:28 pm »

Still chugging away.
Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #429 on: May 20, 2009, 01:41:04 pm »
Nice it will fit with the D7 real well

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #430 on: May 20, 2009, 01:43:12 pm »
That's something that has always bothered me about models, it often feels like things don't really fit with each other - things that are supposed to look uniform, don't. Thats what inspired me to make the retextured Fed fleet - and why I've moved on to the Klinks.
Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #431 on: May 20, 2009, 01:52:00 pm »
Yea I know the feeling. Before my PC quit one of the things I was doing was reworking the textures on all the cannon TNG feds of P81 to get a uniform and darker look for A2. not done yet but 2 of the Glaxies are suppose to be in the new fed comp mod as hero ships

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #432 on: May 20, 2009, 02:19:41 pm »
Updated the list on the first post.
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #433 on: May 20, 2009, 02:53:19 pm »
Is the teal the texture that's being replaced? I dunno... you've 'dried' out the Klingons by taking out all the green and making them all warm colors. Somehow the level of teal you got now clashes with the orange.

I liked the D-18 being dainty in some ways compared to the D-7. Are you going to do anything about that huge honking photon tube/deflector out the front or are you going to keep it as-is? Even the L-9 model I got, which added a photorp to the command pod, had it recessed into the structure rather than jutting out the front. *shrug*

Love to see when this is finished. Also looking forward to the fleet shot that'll come eventually. What's after the D-18?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #434 on: May 20, 2009, 03:02:37 pm »
The teal is going to be replaced, yes. Here's a new shot with the other texture replaced with a "blank" texture.
I actually like the photon tube on it.

As far as "drying them out" I don't think thats the case. I don't think that even klingons should be afraid of a little colour - i mean hell, this is a color scheme that is already Canon - just not applied to anything but Qonos One.

Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #435 on: May 20, 2009, 03:53:24 pm »
well I meant 'drying out' in the sense of leeching out the 'wet' colors (green, purple, blue) and replacing them with 'dry' colors (orange, red, brown). I've got no complaints on that because, other than looking cool, it means the Romulans can be green again.

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2009, 12:48:25 pm »
I too prefer my TMP Klingons in Grays, Browns and Reds. Hell the only reason the got green ships in the frist place is that the Bird of Prey was supose to be a Romulan ship and the model looked horide in white.(like the TOS BoP was) I figured that the Klingons started with the green after Nerindra III as a was to taunght the Romulans.  Kinda making it look like there ships were bathed in Romulan blood.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2009, 03:39:01 pm »
I just hope the Romulans and Klinks don't become indistinguishable from one another :\

Foas, I guess you decided to pass on the Destroyat?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #438 on: May 21, 2009, 03:40:50 pm »
The romulans are going to recieve a D2-pack-like look for the TMP era - Green with copper and greenish-teal glows (or possibly orange).

I'm undecided as far as the detroyat - I havent looked for a quality base model yet.
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #439 on: May 21, 2009, 03:45:27 pm »
How good are you with bird drawings? THen again I suppose you could ask Atlom for help :D

As far as I know there isn't a Destroyat model in existence. It doesn't look hard to kitbash though, something I wanted to shoot for in my first foray of modeling.