Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 276143 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #720 on: November 06, 2009, 01:10:09 pm »
A sign of things to come

Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #721 on: November 06, 2009, 01:11:55 pm »
Awsome, have you got those fighters attached as one .mod so they appear as a fighter wing ?? because it looks cool  8)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #722 on: November 06, 2009, 01:16:51 pm »
SFC does it.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #723 on: November 06, 2009, 01:31:58 pm »
Midway-class Heavy Carrier is up for download here: http://www.robinomicon.com/c/news.php?readmore=29
Robinomicon

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #724 on: November 06, 2009, 01:55:09 pm »
Is that an LS ship? do the fighters come with it? or are you releasing them seperate  :)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #725 on: November 06, 2009, 02:04:41 pm »
LS? as in Lord Schtupp? No, the original model is by WZ45 - retextures are by me.
The fighters have already been released.
Robinomicon

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #726 on: November 06, 2009, 02:12:57 pm »
Quite right.. I remember seeing it somewhere, not seen it for a while.. you did good, looks great.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #727 on: November 06, 2009, 06:08:11 pm »
Audacity-class Strike Carrier is up now, too.

get it here: LINK
Robinomicon

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #728 on: November 07, 2009, 09:23:07 am »
Is that an LS ship? do the fighters come with it? or are you releasing them seperate  :)

LS' speciality is TOS. The TMP stuff is my area of psychosis :coolsmiley:

Nice to see FoaS messing around with my older ships - a lot of 'em could use some polish and tweaks, something he's got a knack for.
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #729 on: November 08, 2009, 04:47:44 am »

LS' speciality is TOS. The TMP stuff is my area of psychosis :coolsmiley:

Nice to see FoaS messing around with my older ships - a lot of 'em could use some polish and tweaks, something he's got a knack for.

Lol, very true..

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #730 on: November 09, 2009, 11:17:02 am »
Alternate Colors... The PF Pack will be released within an hour or so

As you, Foas, from our testing lately, the poly count of models could really impact negatively the sfcop game engine in 6x6 missions, assuming we get it working which I think we will. What are the poly count of these models? For the sake of gameplay I hope each are less than 300.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #731 on: November 09, 2009, 12:19:39 pm »
Remaking my PFs so each one doesn't have 4k polies (highest one has 425 triangles)

so thats about 213 polies dizzy mate.  ;)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #732 on: November 09, 2009, 02:37:43 pm »
The poly count is irrelvevent for gameplay needs (the only need to have the POLY count as opposed to the TRIANGLE count is for in-max considerations) - the highest triangle count is 425 - which is slightly higher than the top LoD of the Stock Fed Friagate.

Furthermore, triangle count isn't as severe as Texture considerations, which isn't that severe since this uses a single 1024x1024 (maybe 512x512, I can't recall) texture.

They should be fine for any computer made after 2004-ish. Furthermore, there are tricks to make the game speed up if it becomes a problem. ie: not using Anti-Aliasing features of the graphics cards.

Besides, you don't have to use my models, if you think it will slow you down...
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #733 on: November 09, 2009, 04:15:34 pm »
Mirak/Kzinti Frigate

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #734 on: November 09, 2009, 06:58:44 pm »
For SFB purists who feel that a mirak ship should have to have three nacelles.
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #735 on: November 09, 2009, 08:00:13 pm »
 ;) Okay, I am not a SFB/SFC Mirak fanatic but I'm having a very hard time with this Mirak design.

It looks too blocky and pre-TOS to me. Maybe it will look better with textures, I don't know. I know that I do not like the engines at all. These designs don't say to me "this fits in with FoAs' other ships". It seems out-of-place compared to your other ships/work.

I applaud the effort as Mirak ships are surely lacking in numbers but if I had your talent I'd start with a high poly version of the STOCK Taldren Mirak cruiser as seen on the cover of SFC: Empires at War and then branch out from that design. Nobody, that I'm aware of, has ever made a STOCK high poly Mirak cruiser.

Also if you look at the ST: TAS episode the Slaver Weapon you might see some additional ideas from the Kzinti ship designs. Their ships appeared to be saucers with spherical warp engines.

Having written this, please be mindful that I am still a fan of your work and am in no way trying to offend you. This is just my opinion. MONTY PYTHON voice: "Oh look a [Klingon] ART Critic!"
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #736 on: November 09, 2009, 09:25:23 pm »
KF - take a look at the SFB kzinti frigate - you'll see why I went that way. For larger ships I was looking to go along with Talden's style with the Iron head.
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #737 on: November 09, 2009, 09:44:43 pm »
Foas, something else to consider;

Supposedly This ship may have appeared in Enterprise's fifth season to show the Kzinti for a pre-TOS appearance. The artist was said to have been influenced by SFB. Personally I feel it fits in the lighter class category, perhaps as a DD.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #738 on: November 09, 2009, 10:56:23 pm »
The Warps look to " Federation" in my opinion but the rest looks damn good  :thumbsup:
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #739 on: November 09, 2009, 11:21:09 pm »
No worries, KF, no offense taken.

Also if you look at the ST: TAS episode the Slaver Weapon you might see some additional ideas from the Kzinti ship designs. Their ships appeared to be saucers with spherical warp engines.

No (I don't like the pink saucer ship in TAS)

Foas, something else to consider;

Supposedly This ship may have appeared in Enterprise's fifth season to show the Kzinti for a pre-TOS appearance. The artist was said to have been influenced by SFB. Personally I feel it fits in the lighter class category, perhaps as a DD.

I have that design in mind for the DD, I think

The Warps look to " Federation" in my opinion but the rest looks damn good  :thumbsup:

I've already decided to nix these nacelles.
Robinomicon