Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 275900 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (Back onto the Klingons)
« Reply #1180 on: March 18, 2010, 06:10:24 pm »
erm - It looks fine to me.

Don't confuse the navigation lights with the disruptors. There are dizzies under the head plate, the white (actually they are off white) are the normal running lights. The phasers are the grey bulbs, there are red and blue bulbs on the nacelles for formation lights.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1181 on: March 18, 2010, 06:21:45 pm »
erm - It looks fine to me.

Don't confuse the navigation lights with the disruptors. There are dizzies under the head plate, the white (actually they are off white) are the normal running lights. The phasers are the grey bulbs, there are red and blue bulbs on the nacelles for formation lights.

My bad, thanks for the clarification.

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1182 on: March 18, 2010, 06:23:10 pm »
Also. These fleets are cool but are you going to give us a Shiplist too?

Maaaaaaybbeeeee.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1183 on: March 18, 2010, 07:17:13 pm »
Firesoul's OP+ D-5 tug has to be added to your fleet... :)
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1184 on: March 18, 2010, 09:25:36 pm »
but I haven't made the klingon tug pod ;-)
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1185 on: March 18, 2010, 10:53:22 pm »
Correction: The tug version of the qaHos (called the qaHosMoh) is now up for download on my site.
Robinomicon

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1186 on: March 19, 2010, 01:42:40 am »
I don't think anyone can be happer than I to see Klingons with blue headlights!

Depends on where you go for your information: According to Canon, yes, klingons have photon torpedoes. According to SFB (which I actually like more) klingons had Disruptors instead of photorps, and used phasers along side them (basically everyone had phasers whereas disruptors are a heavy weapon analogous to the photorp). In my lore Klingons used lighter beam disruptors as primary and heavier pulse disruptors as heavy weapons with no photons whatsoever.

I will agree for the layout with maybe alittle exception.  It has been stated that Ph-1's and such have been used for other weapons (Tholians were stated to not actually have Ph-1's but they are similar).  Thus the Klingons could use Disruptor beams for main weapons, but the damage chart is similar to phasers, and the Disruptor bolt as the heavy.  Thus the color of the beams are different.

I've come to see the difference between "phasers" and "disruptors" as the difference between AM and FM radio.  The weapons would effect subspace, but transmit energy in different wave forms.  This way, the Feds can call their specific weapons, "phasers," and use the catch all term, "disruptors" to describe everyone else's.  To a StarFleet engineer, the difference would be significant, but for game purposes, they are exactly the same thing.

As far as Klingon torpedoes and "phasers" both being "disruptors," this subject always gives me a headache.  I've come up with some varous explanations, but cognitive dissonance seems to work best.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1187 on: March 19, 2010, 07:54:19 am »
Another klingon ship out. This time its a quick bash of the D7 and the WZs C7 BCH. It's intended to serve as a D7C or Heavy Command Cruiser.

Here's a shot of her:

Download her here: Link
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1188 on: March 19, 2010, 04:18:16 pm »
Firesoul's OP+ D-5 tug has to be added to your fleet... :)

I know you mentioned earlier about using the D-6 as part of the KR exchange but I have to say the D-5 series (including tugs) just really look good in Romulan and Lyran colors. Currently my SFC OP+ 4.0 list uses Firesoul's D-5 kitbashed tug as a Lyran lltt1p and Romulan rltt1p in that ship list. Snce the D-5 is getting an upgrade by you anyway I'd love to read your thoughts on Klingon ships in the Lyran inventory.

Qapla'

Thanks again for all the ships.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1189 on: March 19, 2010, 08:24:42 pm »
I am not against the idea of having a ship or two of klingon origin in the romulan fleet - perhaps in lyran fleet, but not many at all.
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #1190 on: March 20, 2010, 12:14:10 am »
Isn't the D5 supposed to be the Klingon New heavy Cruiser, for mass production to replace lost D7s or something?

If there's a ton of them I couldn't see why the Klinks would sell some to their allies for quick cash to fund their... heh... monstrous other projects (B10, et all)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1191 on: March 20, 2010, 06:42:57 am »
D5 may be the New Heavy according to SFB - its not to me ;)
Robinomicon

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1192 on: March 21, 2010, 12:18:52 am »
The Klingon D-5 series, and similar ships in all the empires were meant to be "war cruisers."  War Cruisers are designed to be built quickly and cheaply, incorperating the most efficient weapon configuration and stripped of anything unnecessary.

I don't know where in SFB the "new heavies" come from.  In SFC, the simply appear to be oversized light cruisers.  As the SFB storyline goes, the empires kept trying to produce more and more ships, even as the war ravished their economies.  It would stand to reason that beefing up a lt cruiser and installing a larger powerplant would cost less than building a propper heavy cruiser.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1193 on: March 21, 2010, 08:20:22 am »
I think the D5 feels like a light cruiser is all.
Robinomicon

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #1194 on: March 21, 2010, 10:25:59 am »
I think the D5 feels like a light cruiser is all.

I would agree, a War Cruiser in my opinion is a light cruiser with an attitude problem.  More gunned then a normal Light Cruiser but smaller then a Heavy.  If you compare it with the D7, it can't take the pounding, but can attack as well(if not better as the arcs are better).
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #1195 on: March 21, 2010, 10:45:25 am »
I know that the D5W (D5 + a third engine, some phasers, and a 1.00 movecost) is a NCA, is that what you mean? I never heard about the D5 being reclassified as a NCA, even though it can do a lot of the things that the D7 can, like Marstone said.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1196 on: March 21, 2010, 11:05:35 am »
I'm not a fan of the D5W - seems lazy to just throw on a nacelle and call it good - it needs more, methinks.
Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1197 on: March 21, 2010, 11:56:29 am »
I always thought what the NCAs needed where slightly different bigger beffer Necelles instead of a 3 smaller one. Thnk of it as another step on the road to X-era engines.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1198 on: March 21, 2010, 12:02:02 pm »
according to most SFB races NCA = CL + 1 nacelle, at least as structure goes, and at least as I understand it..
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1199 on: March 21, 2010, 02:30:33 pm »
Hey guess what: the Riskadh-class is up for download, now, too.

Get it here: Link
Robinomicon