Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 273647 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)
« Reply #1520 on: May 17, 2011, 02:26:27 pm »
I'm currently re-upping all the models I've done with the texture-bake technique (this might take a little while). Ships that haven't yet been updated with this technique will be updated then reuploaded.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1521 on: May 17, 2011, 05:16:38 pm »
Okay, all the Feds, Roms, and Klinks that have gotten the baked-lighting treatment are up for download. Enjoy people. Working now on getting the rest of the Canon feds redone.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1522 on: May 17, 2011, 09:40:56 pm »
Alright folks - another model for you (even if it isn't canon). This is what the 2271 refit of the Enterprise would have looked had The Motion Picture taken place in the FoaS version of Star Trek.

It's up on the site.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1523 on: May 18, 2011, 12:26:14 pm »
Awww, 140 downloads on the Miranda and 40 on the Connie-refit: Where's the love people? *is being vain*
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1524 on: May 18, 2011, 05:00:19 pm »
And the Enterprise-class is up for download. Yes, I'm calling it the Enterprise-class, lemme alone.
Robinomicon

Offline Czar Mohab

• Faith manages.
  • Lt.
  • Chewie - Go jiggle the handle!
« Reply #1525 on: May 18, 2011, 11:15:56 pm »
Alright folks - another model for you (even if it isn't canon). This is what the 2271 refit of the Enterprise would have looked had The Motion Picture taken place in the FoaS version of Star Trek.

It looks like a smoother and more logical refit transition. Which would leave the canon 1701-A as a "ground up" build along the same vein, but actually more able to implimement the new technologies of the '71 refit and thus has different, yet similar lines.

Where's the love people?

In otherwords: Me likey :D :smitten:

US Navy Veteran - Proud to Serve
Submariners Do It Underwater - Nukes Do It Back Aft - Pride Runs Deep
Have you thanked a Vet lately?

Subaru Owners Do It Horizontally Opposed!
Proud Owner - '08 WRX - '03 Baja - '98 Legacy

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1526 on: May 18, 2011, 11:52:07 pm »
That was exactly my thinking :)

Part of me wants to redo the special effects from TMP, TWOK, and Search for Spock with the new ship models >.<!
Think of it though: this refit up against the Reliant? The enterprise would have really looked old in comparison, would have made the plight against khan appear to be even worse!
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1527 on: May 19, 2011, 02:18:40 pm »
Whelp, I messed up the textures a tad. Standby for updates.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1528 on: May 19, 2011, 03:44:06 pm »
Corrected Enterprise (version 1.1) with resampled textures and templates is up.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1529 on: May 19, 2011, 04:25:07 pm »
Corrected Miranda (version 1.1) with resampled textures and templates is now up as well.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1530 on: May 19, 2011, 05:14:42 pm »
And the ConnieX has been updated in the same way... I hope to get the oberth, excelsiors, and constellation up and out as soon as possible. You should see at least one of them today.
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1531 on: May 19, 2011, 06:49:43 pm »
I was going through my old OPPLUS models and noted that I have an old Sivista with a third warp engine on the top of the secondary hull (as a  KD5W) and thought, that third engine would be better on the command boom...

Nice work Foas! Thanks for sharing all these.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1532 on: May 19, 2011, 06:57:53 pm »
I was going through my old OPPLUS models and noted that I have an old Sivista with a third warp engine on the top of the secondary hull (as a  KD5W) and thought, that third engine would be better on the command boom...

Nice work Foas! Thanks for sharing all these.

Let me get the Canon TMP Feds out, then I'll go for the Sivista and your variant :)
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1533 on: May 19, 2011, 08:06:01 pm »
Oberth is up
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1534 on: May 19, 2011, 11:15:04 pm »
guess what? Excelsior is out, this being the NCC version. NX and Excelsior-2 coming up next.
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #1535 on: May 20, 2011, 10:20:54 am »
Is it Christmas already?  :woot:

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1536 on: May 21, 2011, 08:15:45 am »
Sivista

Upon thinking about it a second: Why are you using the Sivista for a War Cruiser - feels more like a Heavy Cruiser to me, a parallel to the K't'inga.
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #1537 on: May 21, 2011, 01:06:11 pm »
That was exactly my thinking :)

Part of me wants to redo the special effects from TMP, TWOK, and Search for Spock with the new ship models >.<!
Think of it though: this refit up against the Reliant? The enterprise would have really looked old in comparison, would have made the plight against khan appear to be even worse!

Well, an older ship would be perfectly fine for a minor training cruise....

Though if you did pull that off it would be an ironic statement to the original intent of the Reliant: If I recall, the script originally called for the Reliant to be an older ship.

I'll fire up OP and put these in when I get the chance.

Upon thinking about it a second: Why are you using the Sivista for a War Cruiser - feels more like a Heavy Cruiser to me, a parallel to the K't'inga.

If you mean the L-9 Saber from FASA, I agree with the notion that the craft feels like a light cruiser or war cruiser. This may be because the D7 is wider and feels solid around some important parts (nacelle connections, base of the boom to the main hull). The command pod feels a little bigger and more ornate (for the lack of a better word) than the L-9. The nacelles the way they are, the L-9 tries to squeeze them close to the hull (like the Miranda) instead of splaying them outward (As in the D7 and Constitution) It would almost seem like the L9 is a cut-down version of the D7, probably to save on expenses and get more of them out the door to harass the Federation.

In this way I can see the L-9 as a counterpart to the Miranda... though perhaps weaker than her Federation adversary. Just as the D7 may have been superior in some ways to the constitutions.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1538 on: May 21, 2011, 01:28:33 pm »

Here we go again... fun with the word 'frigate'...

FASA Frigates like the Klingon L-9 Sivista and the Federation Chandley would really be heavy cruisers in SFB or any other Trek game I have ever played.

SFB of course makes frigates as smaller warships.

I have used the L-9 as my KCL and even put it in as the OPPLUS KD5/W and new heavy cruiser (KNCA) slots. Other FASA lore suggests that this was a newer design coming in alongside the K' t' inga.  I have found it to be a formidable ship in the KCL/KNCA roles. It's personal preference.

My kitbash request is two fold; 1. somewhere in SFB lore there are Klingon vessels where the command boom is seperatable from the secondary hull in emergencies like mutinies or severe damage. 2. If your going to put a third warp engine on a ship shouldn't its location make sense? If you put one on the command boom, then the ridiculously small third warp engines like on the OPPLUS KD5W begin to make sense. Why would the technology that allows the Federation ships to seperate their saucer be exclusive. Klingons may want to die in glorious battles but there are times when even Klingons recognize it's prudent to live to fight another day. Last, if 'I' have to be convinced, for game balance, to give up the idea that in SFB and SFC OPPLUS that Klingons don't use photon torpedoes, I want some more Klingon ships that are asthetically pleasing to look at.

An interesting read to support these ideas can be found here under the L-9 listing:

http://home.comcast.net/~ststcsolda/klingons/L-9/L-9.html

Please, FoaS, honor my kitbash request.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1539 on: May 21, 2011, 01:31:30 pm »
I also agree with Norsehound, the Sivista is more akin to the Federation Miranda IMHO.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC