Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 273584 times)

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
Re: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)
« Reply #1540 on: May 21, 2011, 01:38:07 pm »
Alright, popped these in and had a look.

The connie's illumination textures didn't show up. You have an illumination file in here but it looks just the same as the regular texture file. Whatever the case, she was flying dark.

The Miranda looked pretty good though. Because I've been playing tWoK for the past few days in the background while I worked on stuff I still get the vibes that the rollbar connections are off..... but I'm not going to ask you to edit them. it's a fine model and a fine texture.

Now I just need to get around to replacing the other ships in the game with your textures so everyone else doesn't look so out of place.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1541 on: May 21, 2011, 02:32:35 pm »
Which connie?

EDIT: Oh crap, you're right - its my connie refit. Give me 5 minutes and I'll put up v1.2

EDIT2: Okay, my $0.02 regarding the Sivista and Miranda.
The miranda is a light cruiser to me - a bigger and badder light cruiser than, say, the Kearsarge, but still a light cruiser. The sivista still feels like a heavy cruiser to me. If scaled proportionately to the Ktinga it actually seems to outmass the ktinga. I really like to think of it as a parallel ship. When the 3 ktingas in the Motion Picture swung by in that diagonal formation, for me, one of them might as well have been a Sivista their capabilities were so similar. More or less equal, but different.
That's just what my head does with the design.

Slightly confused by your kitbash request. You want a Sivista with a third nacelle on the boom, or a D5 (what on my site is called the QaHos) with a nacelle on the boom?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 02:47:45 pm by FoaS_XC »
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #1542 on: May 21, 2011, 02:37:48 pm »
EDIT: Oh crap, you're right - its my connie refit. Give me 5 minutes and I'll put up v1.2

Done yet?  Huh?  ;)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1543 on: May 21, 2011, 02:47:52 pm »
Actually, yes :)
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1544 on: May 21, 2011, 03:08:42 pm »
Now I just need to get around to replacing the other ships in the game with your textures so everyone else doesn't look so out of place.

Why do you think I started this endeavor ;).
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1545 on: May 21, 2011, 03:19:11 pm »
FoaS,

I would like a Sivista with a third nacelle on the boom. I intend to use it as my D5W.

Thank you for your support. :)
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1546 on: May 21, 2011, 05:47:54 pm »
BTW Norsehound - i added a section on Robinomicon.com for fiction. Feel free to sign up and let your muse have fun.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1547 on: May 21, 2011, 05:48:33 pm »
FoaS,

I would like a Sivista with a third nacelle on the boom. I intend to use it as my D5W.

Like I said: Canon fed ships come first, since I've neglected those horribly. After that? I'll do the sivista and your kitbash at the same time :).
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1548 on: May 21, 2011, 06:15:57 pm »
FoaS,

Like I said: Canon fed ships come first, since I've neglected those horribly. After that? I'll do the sivista and your kitbash at the same time :).

Caution roleplay involved... snicker...

You role a d20 and score a three: The GM reads the folllowing to you:

"Classified SECRET by The Office of Starfleet Intelligence Threat Force evaluation group/Unauthorized Access is Prohibited. You can only read information on Federation vessels on the screen."

and  please don't forget the L'rexa with a third warp engine too...
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1549 on: May 21, 2011, 06:24:21 pm »
Keep on me about them, I'm likely to forget.
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #1550 on: May 21, 2011, 06:46:18 pm »
BTW Norsehound - i added a section on Robinomicon.com for fiction. Feel free to sign up and let your muse have fun.

Thanks for the offer, tho nowadays I've hardly had enough time to muse about my own stuff for longer than five minutes. Having two jobs does that. :\

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1551 on: May 21, 2011, 09:21:55 pm »

Thanks for the offer, tho nowadays I've hardly had enough time to muse about my own stuff for longer than five minutes. Having two jobs does that. :\

Ouch :( - I'm sorry things are so tight for you, mate. Hang in.
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1552 on: May 22, 2011, 07:47:46 pm »
Check this out from  the Game Galactic Civilization 2:

FBB USS Mars:

an odd take on the FASA D-16:

Kizinti/Mirak:

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #1553 on: May 22, 2011, 09:52:09 pm »
Oddly enough, the only one I like there is the Kzin.. the Fed would be far better served without that warp on a stick concept on the very top, and the Klingon looks too anorexic to ne personally.  But that Kzin looks kinda Galactic-ish.. so I'm good with it.  :)

On the other hand, mod that Mars pic, and you get something interesting..

..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1554 on: May 23, 2011, 10:13:26 am »
Hey man I found this on my HD while tiding up folders. It is based off your V2 K'tinga. Do you want a copy of the meshand texture?

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #1555 on: May 23, 2011, 02:31:04 pm »
Wait a sec, I thought this thread was about FoAS's awsome models, not some sub-par low-quality nonsense from elsewhere.

FoAS, what's the word on the Constellation class? Sure it's an import from TNG, but it's in the TMP style and so automatically awesome. I remember commenting that it had less grebbles and thus looked better. Where is it now? In what form?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1556 on: May 23, 2011, 02:32:37 pm »
I never got released, but its in the 'Canon-to-be-released-soon' list.... In fact. I have some idle few hours here, so I'll put that one out for you :)
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1557 on: May 23, 2011, 02:56:22 pm »
Regarding the Galactic Empires design: very meh. It looks exactly like what it is: a collection of parts placed together to look like a Star Trek ship.
Regarding the K't'inga base? I've never had much of a love for that particular klingon/romulan hybrid - i feel like it loses some of the grace the the D7 design had going for it.
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #1558 on: May 23, 2011, 03:13:46 pm »
I never got released, but its in the 'Canon-to-be-released-soon' list.... In fact. I have some idle few hours here, so I'll put that one out for you :)
That's good news, Fury. I'd forgotten about the Constellation, and have always really liked the design. Have you seen this:
http://evilgenius180.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/preppingforlaunch2592.jpg
http://evilgenius180.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/heracles_ortho_sheet.jpg
http://evilgenius180.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/heracles_breakorbit01.jpg

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #1559 on: May 23, 2011, 08:04:29 pm »
Constellation is now up for grabs, guys.

I really like that spacedock render, Chrystoff :)
Robinomicon