Poll

I have at a quick count 15 of my own BSG ships to finish up and was givin about 20 models by Dnkids and Whitestar to convert to sfc and i found 5 more ships Unknown Warrior made should i continue with this thread or has it played out ?

Yes played out GO AWAY
Keep this thread going Good stuff
Post them single
There is enough BSG for SFC
Stop posting here

Topic: Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * The Berzerk ready for battle  (Read 19634 times)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * The Berzerk ready for battle
« on: December 07, 2008, 07:53:45 pm »
Getting ready for BSG 4.5 In the next few weeks i will be releasing, creating,uploading
Edit{ a butt load of ships }Edit

First off is one of my scratch built from a 2d pic The R.T.F. -- Combat Star.

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,b74d85811f96cad605d5f4792bdfa7ce.zip
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 10:41:49 pm by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:00:47 pm »
Time for life!

intermech

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 10:58:16 am »
Very nice. I especially like the second one!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 07:39:19 pm »
Thanks IM  I hope to make them worthy of a slot in the game. Hell if i had more help i would try a sfc2 BSG mod but finding specs and = them to what the game uses for weps ,i dont think what i would come up with any one else would like. So i just make some models  :angel: Let the players spec the game.
here is Ralph Mcquarries viper concept.  Its around 1700 poly so im not sure if i will add more mesh detail or not.
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * the Fleet released
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 04:23:17 pm »
Here is some the commerce ships of the R.T.F. fleet. Kitbashes from Coxxon's fleet (Edit) I have a story written up about these ships and the station i will post after i get more of them done.
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,bbc43958d87b0b3c3e5ff0c82389e2c3.zip

« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:22:50 am by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
Re: Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * part of the commerce Fleet released
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 02:47:22 am »
wow... Thats cool. I love BSG ships! They are actually pretty easy to mod in to the list... Good to have models as high quality as these...

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * Unknow Warriors stock
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 12:56:42 am »
Here is the Tagerus class support friget model/mesh by Unknown Warrior. I hope i maped it good enough UW you know i suck at this :'(. Im hope to get the other 5 maped and released before i go back to work next week.
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,a2356a2309c50037e6499c9c6cec0d7b.zip
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * Unknown Warrior's Tagerus class
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 01:16:57 am »
mapping looks great, you managed to get coxxans textures working nicely

Thanks i hope they came out ok i have alot more to screw up i didnt want to do it on UW's ships :P
Here is the Rising-star lux liner from the tos series. I gave it a quick thought to smooth it all up but i figured not many would care any way so i kept it below 1000 poly it stands at 774 poly total.
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,ee410949de79ad1467185f12e719b037.zip
Time for life!

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
That viper looks great mate... really good job from the one pic.     ;)

hard to do, you nailed it.  :police:

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
Holy Crapola!

For a LP Rising Star that's great. AFAIK no one has ever done one.

In fact, can I tell Starbuck over at StarShatter mods about you file?
See he just released a TOS mod and I bet he could sure use it!
 (as well as myself).

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Thanks Markyd my real worry is the textures the ships gona look like apolo went off and painted it with cans of spray paint to cover up the rust spots :P

Star Dragon you got my ok let me know if it gets in game id like to see a screen cap to see what the textures look like in another game engine. They are horable close up in sfc2  :-[

More later today  :flame:
Time for life!

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Nicely done Kreeargh!

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * the Valkie class and Rising-star
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 03:20:03 am »
Thanks KF i hope to get better at this so i can tackle all my trek ships that need paint  :-[
Ok here is going to be a confuesing post  :angel: This is what i am going to call the Valkie class transport. I think its a concept for the Bezerk transport by Charles Oines seen docked next to Pegasus in Razor.
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,8903010ced60d173c138107cac96ff9e.zip
Note this is not the Bezerk transport wips below i will release it here to but i need to finish up textures for it. I think Major Pane ? did a lower poly version someone that knows him might ask to port his version to sfc ? My Bezerk is about 10000 poly total.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 10:07:56 pm by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * the Valkie class and Rising-star
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 06:12:36 am »
Well I did some fiddling but I think i need to work more on a shine map. It wasn't getting that metallic sheen I was hoping for to look it's best.

I'll keep trying to tweak it unless you think it looks ok.

And yeah that's the VALKIE in the back ground, here's better pic.
VALKIE ROCKS !!!  I only did this for personal use.

I think I made that part of the shine map too bright (as I did tone down the glow map to no effect). I'll keep trying to subdue it a little. But seriously, this is one fo the best ships IMHO you've ever done! That and the Cygnus!

I'll only let Starbuck know about the rising star unless you ok the Valkie as well.

PS, just a suggestion: Valkie is a tad close to Valkyrie. For your consideration I offer the name SLIEPNIR (meaning Odin's 8-legged Horse). Unless you already have a ship class that name, I think it would be a great name for a transport.

Valkie is fine, I was just thinking...

;D

Oh and I got to thinking, instead of just Raptors and the Battlestar shuttles, what do civvy small shuttles look like? Think they might have a few varients to dock with the transports?

[edit] I took a closer look at some of the other ships and I have some comments - no offense!!!

Half I wasn't able to open, but that's no surprise and not an issue (MS is a pain in the butt sometimes)

Combat Star: I saw where you were going and then the 2d pic clarified it. However the 2 engine and 2 flight pods really ought to get reworked, the tail is a bit wide and the head is a bit tall. Definatelt should come back to it later when you got more time. You're in the ball park though!

Warstar: A bit odd, looks almost organic? No windows apparent and how do they get on off? Some of the textures need more variety, for example the engine are slotted sideways but same color as the side hull ribs. One or the other darkened would help define them better as truly separate objects.  (yes I know you think you suck at texturing, but you don't. It's better than what I could do, meaning nothing at all) ;)

Tagarus: UW's mesh, I have a suggestion, make that flat large box part underneath a small bay for shuttles. No apparent windows.
2nd suggestion, Missile varient.  Make those side boxes undenearth 4 slot missile pods. Also a slew of pods on top the large back flat area.

All I can think of at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 08:01:29 am by Star Dragon »

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * Airago class destroyer
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 09:47:02 pm »
It looks like i over did the hull light map for the vakie transport  :P I was pleased with the way my bay textures came out on the Valkie though.
I wish i was able to do a better texture on that Rising star your shine map might look better . Keep playing with it see if you get better results.
About the name i named it valkie for the class of ship it might read in a list not the name of that vessel. If i remember what i read about the Valkyrie that is the "name" of the ship not the ships class . Someone please correct me on this but i think the "Valkyrie" was a Poseidon class battle cruiser ??
I will use SLIEPNIR for UW next ship it will fit good with that design.
Which models didn't open i would like to know to find out whats going on with that ms issue?
I do have 2 shuttles to release one is the TOS lunar avion and i have made a civi shuttle to go with the RTF civi fleet.
The combatstar and warstar were created for freelancer i haven't touched them other than convert to sfc since i made them ,when i get time ill go back and refine them if someone hasn't beat me to it.
About the Tagerus ill see what i can do on it i have a few ideas .

OK next ship on the list the Airago class destroyer a planetary defence vessel.
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,051dd567295cd2d49fdee9cb817a1cf4.zip
We got more colonials than colonials have population to support the ships  :laugh: I just wish i had more painters for all these.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:12:20 pm by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
Great stuff...

Don;t worry about eh MS issue. It's probably just me.

Despite this beign my 3rd computer, I've had issues with milkshake and another ap PCS2(for FS2). and it seems people can't duplicate teh loadign crsh failures I get every time I open those meshes. It's just one of those bizarre things about computers I guess.

I'd only worry if anyone ever mentioned it before and I doubt anyone has.

Can be a pain sometimes cause depending on who the author is (checks list), I always do a test convert FIRST to see if it works in the first place before bothering an author. Nothing more embarresing to me than asking for permission and then getting an email 6 months later asking "where's the pic?". Opps, see I couldn't even open the file, or the covert itself always crashes due to "uknown issues", ect.

Atra's Yamato sat on my drive 2+ years after I asked him and only 6 months ago I finally got help with the convert on the FS2 side. Took the guy 5 minutes as I had it set to go, it was MY COMP!  >:(

Like 5 mod projects and ZERO help gets frustrating so now I find great satisfaction in random converts  that go flawlessly and still look good!

Don;t worry about Valkie, that was probably me I still need to fiddle with the shine map. During conversion all the illumination maps get tossed and the main maps themselves get turned into glow ones. I Reduce gamma by 80-90% in crease contrast a bit and then black over any areas glowing that are not supposed to.  ;D

Still I think I try to do people's works justice. Plus I love showing them off to other communities that LP works still look great and how they look different in another engine.

I do wish I was capable of modding Crysis though. The BSG stuff I saw there blew my fraking mind!  ;)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * Scylla #4 and Airago destroyer
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 10:17:49 pm »
Here is Richard Livingston's Scylla concept #4. I finished this one a few hours ago, I hope the textures arnt to much i didnt know what direction to go with it. 
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,352e58f4f446ff27b267ff0f01e10570.zip
Time for life!

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
Re: Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * Scylla #4 concept and Airago destroyer
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 12:26:04 am »
First of all, these are some fine BSG models, well done!.  I just recently found a few pics of the Berserk Class and was wondering if this class is more of a Warship then a Transport (not sure).  If I remember correctly, the Mercury Class Battlestar Pegasus had 4(?) forward firing Heavy KEW (Kenetic Energy Weapons) that were larger and more powerful then the Standard Main Guns of Battlestars.  Could it be possible that this is some sort of specific type of Support Warship?  Might not have Viper/Figther capability, but perhaps its suppose  to give "Broadsides" of Heavy KEW Fire for a Battlestar Group?  Just a guess on what the side superstructure is.  Berserk Class seems to indicate Warship to me then Transport. 

But whatever it is, its an excellent model.  I also suggest a Name change too.  Valkie just seems too close to Valkriye.
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * Valkrie concept #1 wip
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 02:42:47 am »
Here is a wip pic for anyone that cares of one of the concepts for the Valkyrie . Design again by Richard Livingston.
I think your right about the berserk Magnum357 the pics i have show it as a heavy armed support ship, and it can carry fighters . I do remember reading somewhere one calling it a transport so i guess that got stuck in my head. Since its parked next to Pegasus in Razor I'm wondering if it didn't transport the Admrial to the Pegasus before the scorpyards got taken out ??  Beserk sounds about the right name for that crazy womans personal ship.  :crazy2:
Time for life!

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Battle Star Galactia * R.T.F. * Valkyrie concept #1 wip
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 07:10:22 am »
Nice progress!  I really like the look of the concept's engines, but one favor if you didn't get to that part yet, PLEASE drop the "nose fins".

Keep it as you got it now, I think it would really detract if you followed that part of the pic.