Topic: Lowpoly Model project - pics inside.  (Read 27367 times)

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
Lowpoly Model project - pics inside.
« on: January 29, 2009, 01:55:17 pm »
Had some time lately and mande soem models. they are very lowpoly - more like armada or sfc 1  - but i wanted to show them anyway. im thinking about an sfc1 mod. just for the sake of nostalgia.

oberth class 482 tripples , 2 512x512 textures
akula class  580 tripples , 2 512x512 textures
loknar class 742 tripples , 2 512x512 textures
miranda class 749 tripples , 2 512x512 textures
constitution class 718 tripples , 2 512x512 textures
constellation class 1348 tripples , 2 512x512 textures
excelsior 977 tripples , 2 512x512 textures
fed shuttle 92 tripples , 1 256x256 texture
ktinga 453 tripples , 1 512x512 texture
bop wip 555 tripples , 1 512x512 texture
gorn bch 456 tripples , 1 512x512 texture

im planning to do complete fleets including stations and drydocks.

however - the models are in lwo format. is there a way to convert them. i have some expierience with retexturing (ganymad) but im not firm when it comes to model formats and so on. these are not my first models but i never tried to convert stuff.

ed :D
your sssship iss ssssoft!

Offline pepperman

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Lowpoly Model project - pics inside.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 03:05:05 pm »
looking good.  I know the armada community would be interested in these should you decide to share.

http://www.armadafleetcommand.com/afc/modules.php?name=Forums

http://forums.filefront.com/st-a2-modding-editing-139/

Milkshape can import some versions of lwo

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 03:33:00 pm »
All of those models are excellent!  I would love to download these for SFC1 or OP, as the stock models are nowhere as good as these.  Have you tried Milkshape for conversion?  I use Milkshape a lot, and it allows you to Import a .LWO model (have no idea what version), then you could export it as a .mod model for SFC.  Unfortunetly, you can't make .brk models with it, but Milkshape should allow it to convert for you.

If you send me what you got, I could try it out.

mini14_ruger@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 03:56:33 pm by Magnum357 »
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 04:14:09 pm »
You can convert LWO to SFC.. I wrote a tutorial on it back in 2003.

But basically:

a) Check to make sure that you can open the archive first
b) Extract all the files.  Check for permissions, the author may not allow porting/modifications
c) If the author allows porting and modifications, open the mesh in Deep Hemisphere, 3ds Exploration, PolyArc, Ultimate Unwrap.. anything that will open LWO and save 3DS
d) Import the new 3DS file into 3dStudio Max, Milkshape, or Gmax
e) Rotate the all items in the mesh so that the nose of the ship is facing you in the front view, and the body line is on the ecliptic in the grid viewer.  You need to spin everything so that you’ve looking down the ship’s length in the front view with the top being the top and that sort of thing.

f) Get rid of the boxes (objects) surrounding the mesh pieces.
g) Acquire the material list and mapping from the mesh
h) Convert the texture files to .BMP
i) Go in and change (if necessary) the texture extensions in the mesh
j) Save the file as a .3ds file for safety’s sake
k) Apply self-illumination maps to make it SFC 2 (and 3) compatible
l) Save the file as a .MOD file as a test and backup
m) Join all objects in the mesh to one object
n) check it ingame or in the ModViewer
o) Import a suitable UI from a stock Taldren model for damage and hardpoints
p) Make a break .MOD (for SFC 2/3) and _VL, _TI, _BS shots (SFC3)
q) Properly credit the original author of the mesh you're porting!

It's a good amount of work, but done right.. it usually turns out well.  In your screenshots, it appears that you're using some WZ45, GAFY and  p81 textures as tests (?)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 04:36:02 pm »
Ill try to convert them :)  i hope to have some ready soon- the textures are handdrawn by myself. however - i looked at alot of models to compare and to get the look right. so certain similarities are there for sure. havent figuered out the registries on fed ships. so i left them blank.
there arent many canon ships/bases to do so its getting easier. comparing again and again takes alot of time ;) the constitution took 4 days - because of comparing pictures and models. the gorn bch wich is only loosly based on the stock gorn ca took only 1 day to complete.

at the moment im still in a fight wth the uv map of the klingon bop. made some mistakes in it that im now fighting with. but i think ill have it ready at the end of the weekend.

im eager to make more gorns.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 04:49:19 pm »
Ill try to convert them :)  i hope to have some ready soon- the textures are handdrawn by myself. however - i looked at alot of models to compare and to get the look right. so certain similarities are there for sure. havent figuered out the registries on fed ships. so i left them blank.
there arent many canon ships/bases to do so its getting easier. comparing again and again takes alot of time ;) the constitution took 4 days - because of comparing pictures and models. the gorn bch wich is only loosly based on the stock gorn ca took only 1 day to complete.

at the moment im still in a fight wth the uv map of the klingon bop. made some mistakes in it that im now fighting with. but i think ill have it ready at the end of the weekend.

im eager to make more gorns.

I like the Gorn ships you have posted here. It is so awesome to see more non-Federation ships out there.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 08:41:11 pm »
I am so happy you made that Gorn!

NO offense, but the stock one is **** and all the others of that chassis are simple retextures. I am glad you actually remodeled the design!!!

My inner lizard eagerly awaits more Gorn ships to come...

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 10:22:43 pm »
Since I've unpakced SFC1 and started to play it again, I'm interested in what becomes of this :)

I just hope it eventually sees the light of release. There's just too much good stuff that we see but never get our hands on :\

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 12:41:50 am »
Yes, I agree with others, these low poly models are just what this community needs for SFC.  They would be espeically helpful for some of us (like myself) that uses older computers that just don't have the hardware to run complex models. 

As for Federation Regestries, I say keep them blank.  I like Blank Fed regestries so I can imput my own in my own games.  I agree with others about the Gorn ship, most people base Gorn ships on SFB because most are not too impressed with the Taldren design layout, but your BCH model really helps give the Taldren "Box" ships a much needed face lift.  If you can do this with Gorn, I really look forward to your Klingon, Romulan and other races in SFC.   :)

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 05:12:25 am »
My first list includes complete sets (shuttle, scout/frigate, destroyer, light cruiser, heavy cruiser, battlecruiser, dreadnought, basestation, starbase, listeningpost, drydock, defenseplattform , fighters/pf) of models for the federation klingon romulan gorn and tholian. once finished i plan to make complete sets for lyran mirak isc hydran and andromedan as well.
monsters w3ill get a facelift as well.

lots of stuff to come

intermech

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 05:40:01 am »
These look great man! A good artist does not need a lot of polygons to make a good model. This is the kind of stuff I prefer to download!

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 01:33:05 pm »
thanx folks  :) im glad you like the models.
i will start to texture another gorn today. ill post pics before i go to bed.

@magnum - ill have the models packed and ready for conversion tomorow. could you give it a try ?  :) how big a file will your email tolerate? or shall i upload them somewhere?

please note - the models dont have hardpoints yet - i dont know how this is done. same with break models.
however i will make illumination maps during the next week. i plan to make sfc1 and sfc2 compatible versions.

Ed  ;D

PS.: A question to shiplistmodders: is it possible to give klingons photon torpedoes in sfc1? i never modded sfc1 before. im used to orion pirates.
however i want to make a canonbased mod for sfc1 as i realy love the music and the campaigns in that game much more than in sfc2 or op.  i wished they would star the sfc4 project on sfc1. as far as i know there is a working mission editor for sfc1 - would be a good start. illumination maps and damagetextures and moddable weapons + efects and firing arcs  would realy add to the game. sfc4 is based on sfc2 right?

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 02:43:43 pm »
These are really nice! I like how the Bird of Prey is coming along. The stock version was okay but this is a lot better.

You are correct - SFC4 is based on EAW. I do agree with you about the music and campaign missions for SFC1, though. Modding SFC1 is just like OP. The shiplist text file is there, it's just named something different (____13.txt). So if you want to, you can open up the shiplist and give the Klingons photon torpedoes. The only possible problem might be that photons aren't coded to use the Klingon interface in SFC1, but there should be a way around that if it is a trouble.

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 03:26:41 pm »
Dogfighter, I would be happy to give your models a try for conversion.  I actually am a little excited about these models because I already have a few ideas for kitbashes (with your permission of course).  I've never really tried converting .LWO models before, but I could use atheorhaven's tips and give it go... Milkshape might work.  But like I said above, I can't make .brk models with Milkshape, you will need to use some other modeling program for that. 

I don't have a problem if the models don't have Hardpoints, I couldn't figure that out either with SFC.  Since the ships are technically only a tiny fraction of the size in the game, having the weapons fire from a small point isn't a big deal for me (others might look at that differently though).  I read some advice on how to add hardpoints to SFC ships with Milkshape, but I couldn't make it work right either.

If you do send what models you have, please send them to my Yahoo email account above.  Its the only email that will let me accept downloaded files and it holds up to 10 MB's of space.  Is that enough?

If you want to do some moding for SFC1, just download the utility called "Shipedit Version 2.0" on the Dynaverse's website.  Its design to specifically edit SFC1.  The only problem with SFC1 is that you can't add ships to SFC1 (well... you can, but its really tricky and its a bit limited compared to EAW or OP).  But I do agree with you, SFC1 was an awsome game, it even has a few features EAW and OP don't have.

If they ever do make this SFC4 (I'm not holding my breath for it though), I hope they do base is more on SFC1, more then EAW (with all the goodies of EAW and OP though).  If your in contact with the developers Dogfighter, you should suggest letting them use your Low Poly models for SFC4, to help out the "Low end" computer users like myself.   :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 03:43:17 pm by Magnum357 »

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 03:37:49 pm »
Actually, after looking at the Dynaverses website, I found it strange that Shipedit V2.0 is not listed.   :o  Does anyone know where Shipedit v2.0 is for SFC1?  I thought Dyanverse.net had it listed. 

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 04:16:15 pm »
Actually, after looking at the Dynaverses website, I found it strange that Shipedit V2.0 is not listed.   :o  Does anyone know where Shipedit v2.0 is for SFC1?  I thought Dyanverse.net had it listed.

Starfleet Universe had it, and I just grabbed it.

I'll upload 'er to Battleclinic so there's a copy there..

(edit: Had uplaoded it, and there's already a copy).

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock.php?id=4672&r=scripts/tools&do=del

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 04:30:54 pm »
Thanx for the offering of help and the clarifications about modding. and thanx for uploading shipedit. i wasnt aware there was a shipedit for sfc1 :) i appriciate all that alot.

heres some more pics of the conny, loknar, ktinga, gbch and the wip of the gca.
btw. i also started a gdn but somehow i cant make it look right. any designwishes? it will get these drumlike engines and alot of glowing areas, thats for sure but im split between a design close to the old stock model and something similar to the gdx. im unsure wich way to go.

i have no problem with kitbashes and modifications at all. just give credit.

ed  ;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 04:41:55 pm by dogfighter »

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 05:41:13 pm »
I actually liked the way Taldren did the Gorn. Much, much better than the "things" FASA gives us for TMP Gorn, anyway.

Don't take this the wrong way, but the ships look 'cartoony'. I actually like this for the same reason I keep stock models for SFC1. Sometimes simple and crude is nice.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 06:07:21 pm »
I actually liked the way Taldren did the Gorn. Much, much better than the "things" FASA gives us for TMP Gorn, anyway.

I agree 100% but will add I don't like the SFB style Gorn that much either.

Please release the Gorn ships so I can tinker with them.... mwa ha ha!

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 01:35:34 am »
btw. i also started a gdn but somehow i cant make it look right. any designwishes? it will get these drumlike engines and alot of glowing areas, thats for sure but im split between a design close to the old stock model and something similar to the gdx. im unsure wich way to go.

i have no problem with kitbashes and modifications at all. just give credit.

ed  ;D

Dogfighter, I would like to give my opinion on the Taldren Gorn DN.  Personally, I never quite liked it.  Reminds me of a flying boulder in space with no warp engines.   ::)   In SFB, the Gorn DN is basically a "Tri-hull" design, basically a CA that has a greatly extended third hull and HUGE warp engines (many beleived this is the biggest you could make a warp engine with current technology, as Battleships were conjectural in SFB).  Instead of just copying the Taldren design, how about base the DN on your BCH and add a third square hull in the middle to somewhat follow this same partern.  Maybe make Thicker drum warp engines, or add 1 or two more Drum warp engines to compensate for such a large hull.  Anything would be better then the Taldren DN in my opinion.

As for Norsehound indicated, I don't mind the "cartoony" look, as much as people don't realize this, it allows a bit of flexibilty in texturing, and you can always update the textures if you want a more "realistic" look.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 02:57:40 am »
Magnum, I'd beg to differ about your opinion on the stock Gorn DN. Personally I feel the "Flying Boulder in space" look is justified. The gorn are reptilian after all, what is more fitting an image than being attacked by the prehistoric vision of a titanic, fireball-sligning tooth-shaped rock in space manned by a race of dinosaurs?

The point of the gorn DN/BB is to look massive and intimidating. The Gorn BB is the largest warship 'constructed' in all of SFB, is it not? The Gorn DN brings this point across... after all, Gorn ships are supposed to be larger than their counterparts to reflect their size and ability to take punishment.

Besides, one of the reasons why I disliked the FASA designs was because there was little imagination between the given designs. They were pretty much the same brick with little variation between them. I dislike a lot of the SFB range for the same reason since a lot of the races-other-than-the-federation have little variance between their hulls (The Klingons as an example). Gorn ships in the SFB range look alike... perhaps too much alike for a space combat simulator like Starfleet Command.

Which is why the KA models are so successful in terms of the Gorn. They all convey the vision of tough lizard-like builders whose square brick hulls and stone-shaped spaceships can weather tremendous punishment before being put out of action. If only ramming was possible in SFC, then the solid look of the Gorn vessels would be further justified.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 07:37:00 am »
Nicely done  ;D

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 04:28:27 pm »
Dogfighter, are you going to send those ships to me, or do you want to scrap that idea?  I ask because I'm very interested in these models.   :)

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 06:21:27 am »
Magnum, please check your email. 10 models just arrived :D was too bussy yesterday.

think i got a solution for the gorn dn. ill show you all  later. illumination maps for the models are in the works as well.
since im at it. anyone interested to help with modeling? 13 models for 10 races and additional stuff is lots of work for one person alone.
basic design concepts, raw models or complete modeling would be very much appriciated.

does someonehave the email of chris jones? want to ask him some things about sfc1 modding. especialy how to get all weapons usable by all races. if there is a way to do that. if not i think ill have to switch for to sfc2 or op for the mod. however the models will be for available for sfc1 as well.

btw.: 1. are fcx and fdx on the wichlist too?  

2. im unsure about my english - please ignore grammar issues - im not a native speaker and i know sometimes some sentences might be hard to understand. if somethings unclear please ask - ill try to answer in a more correct manner.

ed :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 07:59:31 am by dogfighter »

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 07:27:52 pm »
Your English seems readable to me..

If this is a modification for SFC1, then I don't see the need for the CX series. Rather, focus on Starbases (and perhaps planets for sake of consistency?) Before moving on to things considered in SFC2-OP.

If you're talking about modifying the weapons in SFC1, how about giving us something like the AMD?

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 01:15:32 am »
Dogfighter, thanks for the models.  I'll see what I can do with them.  Like I said, I've never converted Lightwave models before so I don't know if it will work.

yochenhsieh

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 02:26:55 am »
Hello,
I'm already making a SFC1 mod which consists of KA & Thu11s models. I like your idea of low poly models. Would you mind send these models to me, or we could work together?

Thanks,

You-Cheng Hsieh

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 11:32:48 am »
Dogfighter, thanks for the models.  I'll see what I can do with them.  Like I said, I've never converted Lightwave models before so I don't know if it will work.

Magnum, I'm willing to help as well, and I've a good deal of experience converting .LWO meshes (specifically Mackie's).  ;)

If you need a hand, throw a few my way and I'll help as I can.  :)

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 03:55:56 pm »
i updated the models . they now can have illumination textures. and i created some sfc1 like textures for all of them. now i can go on modeling. the kbop is comming along well. after i remapped it. picture shows the bop about 70% completed. and i bashed up a fcx. 640 tripples.no big modification of the conny just a new neck, pylons and engines + some very minor theaking of the mesh + some minor retexturework.
based on the design of on of wickedzobies ships.

I zipped all the models up, now including all textures, illumination textures (just the files - not applied) and sfc1 textures (the standart textures just darker and the lights slightly brighter)
the fcx is included.

heres the link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/193097343/models.rar.html

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 04:32:30 pm »
Dogfighters, well... I got some good news and some bad news.  First the good news.  I was successful porting over the models to Milkshape, there latest drivers are able to do this if you get them at there website.  The bad news, the way you structured the models and textures, in addition how Milshapes handles things made for some errors when exporting the models to .mod format.  Unfortunetly, this would take me a lot longer then I had thought it would and would require me to change/edit a lot of your models to make them work in Milkshape. 

Since atheorhaven volunteered to help, you might have to rely on him for the total conversion of your models to .mod format.  Its not impossible for me to do it, but it would requie me to change a ton of stuff to make them "look" right. 

But... I still wouln't mind making a few "kitbashes" of these models, with your permission.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 04:41:29 pm »
i think i know what youre talking about. lightwave can export to 3ds for example - but it spoils the uv maps. when i open the file in gmax there is no smoothing no uv map and no texture at all. the funny thing is - when i open the 3ds file in lightwave it works fine - textures etc.
so i know the troubles you talk about only too well.
thats one of the reasons i need help - simply because i cant figure it out myself. but big thanx for giving it a try :) 
i hope authorheaven has more luck then we had. :)

of cause you can kitbash them the way you want. tell me when you need additional parts.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 04:41:44 pm »
The whole lineup looks lovely. Makes me wish I could have physical models of all of them. Even the CX

yochenhsieh

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 08:17:33 pm »
Hello all, I have good news and bad news....

The good news, I can import dogfighter's lwo models in Blender, and export it to 3ds. The exported 3ds model can be imported in GMax.
The bad news, the texture mapping will not be exported and imported. I'm still seeking solution.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 11:34:13 am »
Let me give it a shot tonight with my gear at home.  If I get them, I'll upload a .ZIP file containing the .MODs into this thread..

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 12:54:50 pm »
BIG thanx for giving it a try atheorhaven. :)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 03:27:32 pm »
Thank me if I get something.. otherwise, I'm burning my own time.  ;)

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 04:40:22 pm »
more wips.
sydney class small fa gorn dn and fsb.
sydney class is about 550 tripples gorn dn is abot 460 but will get some more details. fsb is at 1560 tripples. ill go up to 1800 with the fsb because i want to add some shuttles and workbees inside the stations docking area.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 05:24:23 pm »
That Gorn DN looks great.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2009, 05:30:54 pm »
Aye, the DN is an excellent compromise.

What's the Syndey supposed to represent? Freighters?

Looking forward to seeing the Starbase completed. So far there's been no love for the classic design- all the ones on Battleclinic are fanmade starbases :\

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2009, 05:54:44 pm »
the sydney class is a medium sized freighter/ personal transport ship. it will fill the role of  small phaser armed freighters in the mod. there is no other use for it in game i think. its just there bacause i like the look and its a canon ship.

there will be a larger freighter too. a modular design with containers. so i can have small ,medium and large freighters. all races will get modular freighters. not sure about the design yet. the original sc1 model looks kinda boring. however it fits the description very well. maybe ill combine it with some own modifications.

the gorn fa will be similar to the one in orion pirates.
the only thing im not a fan of a carriers.  to much fighter stuff in the game imho. ill do something like the midway carrier - but smaller. excelsior is ment to fill the dreadnought bb role in my mod while constellation fills the bc role. time will tell. at my current speed making all the models will tak alot of time anyway.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 01:32:09 pm »
.. okay, these are quick and dirty, have no HP's, aren't scaled, etc.. but they're all converted.  The FCL has a problem near the back on the bottom near the impulse engines on one side.. but it's that way as well on the LWO from the looks of it (can I get another LWO for that?)

Break MODS are SFC 1.. I figured that seeing that the mesh is lit with the explosion, that's okay anyways.  Should be ready for HPing and proper scaling.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 02:27:52 pm »
Great :)  Thanx alot atheorhaven.
wich filenames did you use for the textures? i ask because although i put all my texturefiles into the folder i extracted your models in, the textures dont show up. so the names you gave them while converting must be different from those i used. :)
or went something wrong with the porting of the textures?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 02:53:50 pm »
Great :)  Thanx alot atheorhaven.
wich filenames did you use for the textures? i ask because although i put all my texturefiles into the folder i extracted your models in, the textures dont show up. so the names you gave them while converting must be different from those i used. :)
or went something wrong with the porting of the textures?

I used (as an example) on the FCX:
fcx1.bmp
fcx1i.bmp
fcx2.bmp
fcx2i.bmp

Converting, the file names and material mappings were pulled across, and I pointed Max to the textures, and there you go.

Using these also kind of follows p81's old standard, and might mean that people may be able to mix and match GAFY or other people's textures farther down the road without a whole lot of filename changes.  :)

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 02:58:04 pm »
good idea. that makes modifying the textures easier.
i renamed my texture files to fcx1, fcx1i etc. but the textures dont show up. i tested on both of my pcs but it does not work out. im looking at grey models. i tested the modviewer with other sfc models and they work fine. could it be that the data was lost while packing into the rar archive?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 03:31:11 pm »
good idea. that makes modifying the textures easier.
i renamed my texture files to fcx1, fcx1i etc. but the textures dont show up. i tested on both of my pcs but it does not work out. im looking at grey models. i tested the modviewer with other sfc models and they work fine. could it be that the data was lost while packing into the rar archive?

I don't think so.. tell you what, I'll pack up the entire group and put it up online at my Box.net account in a bit, and will send you the link to it to download once it's up.

Btw, just to show.. the meshes *are* pulling things up in ModViewer.  Am attaching a shot of the FCX as an example.

(edit: check your PMs here, the link is there for you).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 04:36:40 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2009, 03:48:49 pm »
Bump for release info.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2009, 04:05:43 pm »
it will still take a little while. i made some mistakes with the uvmaps of the models. that problem is sorted out by now. the cleaned up models are now in the process of being converted by atherhaven. i hope the cleaned up version will make it easier for him to convert the models.
:)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2009, 04:46:20 pm »
Have the new LWOs downloaded.. will take them home and work on them and try to have them back by Monday..

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2009, 11:27:00 am »
Always worth the wait Atheorhaven!

MORE Gorn ships/bases please dogfighter.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 03:50:56 pm »
will have time to model again this weekend. ill update as soon as i got something new to show.

btw. klingon fanatic: i could need some help with some textures on the federation models. the illumination maps i made dont look too well. especially the spotlights. could you help me out on those please?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2009, 05:07:50 pm »
I'm in the same boat.. last weekend would up being a weekend with us looking after another set of kids in addition to ours, so not much got done.

I have all the meshes converted to .3ds.. just need to now convert them to .MOD

Btw, what needs to be done with the illumination maps besides spotlights?

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2009, 07:01:39 pm »
will have time to model again this weekend. ill update as soon as i got something new to show.

btw. klingon fanatic: i could need some help with some textures on the federation models. the illumination maps i made dont look too well. especially the spotlights. could you help me out on those please?

I wish I could be more helpful but Atheorhaven is your best bet for specific light map tweaks. I only do texture kitbashing, LOL.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2009, 03:52:11 am »
I'm in the same boat.. last weekend would up being a weekend with us looking after another set of kids in addition to ours, so not much got done.

I have all the meshes converted to .3ds.. just need to now convert them to .MOD

Btw, what needs to be done with the illumination maps besides spotlights?

i have no kids but once i promised to look after my brothers kids while he and his wife went on a short trip over the weekend - it ended up the kids brought friends and i found myself with 7 kids. they watched cartoons and played - was fun but i had no time to do some paperwork. my flat ended up to look like a warzone because i couldnt keep up with them :)
kids are fun - but they realy do have creative ways to destroy things i considered undestructable. well - i needed a new subwoover anyway.

the illumination maps. well they work but im not very talented when it comes to painting spotlights and so on. the windows are easy but the spotlights on the registries look too....i dont know...they just dont look right. the light is to bright and the rims are to sharp. they are supposed to get a bit faded the farther away they are from the lightsource.  but so far i had no succesfull try to paint that correctly.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2009, 01:05:29 pm »
i have no kids but once i promised to look after my brothers kids while he and his wife went on a short trip over the weekend - it ended up the kids brought friends and i found myself with 7 kids. they watched cartoons and played - was fun but i had no time to do some paperwork. my flat ended up to look like a warzone because i couldnt keep up with them :)
kids are fun - but they realy do have creative ways to destroy things i considered undestructable. well - i needed a new subwoover anyway.

In my case, I had three kids over.. not usually too bad, but one has ADHD and the other two are FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome).  Means the one kid is flying around the room, and the other two are encouraging him to get in trouble because none of them think about it.  :p

It's always a handful, and not a lot gets done...

the illumination maps. well they work but im not very talented when it comes to painting spotlights and so on. the windows are easy but the spotlights on the registries look too....i dont know...they just dont look right. the light is to bright and the rims are to sharp. they are supposed to get a bit faded the farther away they are from the lightsource.  but so far i had no succesfull try to paint that correctly.

All it looks like you need is a fader on them.  Your light source is correct, now you just have to fade them down with the single light source being the brightest point.  You won't get a lot of light diffusion because of no atmosphere, but you also have diffusion just because of distance.  square root law.

I have a few suggestions I can make, and I'll grab a copy of your FCA upper saucer texture to see what I can do to show you.  :)

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2009, 06:16:37 am »
big thank you :) 

one thing id like to know. did the conversion to 3ds work better with the new uvmap? was the only thing i could think of causing the troubles with the textures.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2009, 04:24:36 pm »
Since Drydocks are more or less bases and bases have been asked for: heres the maya fleet repair dock. this was a pita to keep low poly. this version has exactly 1500 trpples including a little workbee flying around in the drydock. the big blocky section still needs texturing otherwise its pretty much finished.

Offline pepperman

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2009, 09:19:50 am »
I am loving the shipyard and would like to port it over to the Armada community once it is finished.  Excellent work!

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2009, 11:33:06 am »
I am loving the shipyard and would like to port it over to the Armada community once it is finished.  Excellent work!
Ditto! This is great quality stuff.

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2009, 04:22:20 pm »
The Maya looks great!  and I'm lovin' the low poly counts.

Great work!

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2009, 04:46:35 pm »
Thanx folks :)

maya klingon brel and sydney class freighter are ready for conversion.
what format does armada use? im willing to share with the armada community but someone of them has to do the conversion to armada format. just pm me.

here are the pics.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2009, 04:59:11 pm »
Thanx folks :)
maya klingon brel and sydney class freighter are ready for conversion.
what format does armada use? im willing to share with the armada community but someone of them has to do the conversion to armada format. just pm me.
here are the pics.

If you can drop me a link in a PM, I'll get those converted ASAP..

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2009, 05:11:50 pm »
got the models on my other pc wich my gf uses to play sims at the moment  :P . will send them over to you as soon as i have acces to my pc again. shouldnt have given her that game. wished she would have more interest in sfc but she thinks its boring. well , i find sims kinda boring. girls - cant live with them, cant live without them... ;)

ed:)

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2009, 09:29:17 pm »
I'm loving these things more and more.

I wonder how hard it would be to convert some of them into paper models. They look simple enough...

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2009, 04:10:32 pm »
someone over at mech3.org who made papermodels out of some of my battletech models also said that. but i think fedships ar kinda hard to make with paper. the saucer for example but i think the most difficult thing is the neck and pylons on some ships as they have to bear the weight of much heavier parts of the model.
still - if you want to give it a try im open for that.

Offline JB_Wonderboy

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2009, 12:18:55 pm »
Really good work. I am working on a simular venture, not quite to this standard. really nice stuff  ;)

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2009, 06:23:59 pm »
It's been done before- there's paper ship models for the Enterprise, Miranda, and even the new Ent.

I'm not aware of how to do the procedures myself, but again I wish I was able to hold some of these low-poly models. I think they'd look awesome as desktop ornaments :)

And since FASA went under, there's nowhere to get TMP minis :(

How full is the Federation fleet? And will you be kitbashing a listening post or just miniturizing the standard fed starbase like how they have it in SFC1?

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2009, 07:15:02 pm »
the federation fleet is mostly done.
the finished models for the feds include oberth class, akula class, loknar class, miranda class, constitution class, constellation class, excelsior class, maya drydock, galileo shuttle. and i got a cx

still to come are the big fsb wich is almost finished , a defenceplatform, a regula class base as basestation, a listening post with an all new model and there will be an early runabout ment as a fighter replacement model.
all races will have individual listening posts, bases , drydocks, bases shuttles and fighers.
the fist list of fleets once finished will include the federation, klingons, romulans, gorn, tholians and orions. after that ill do isc, lyrans, kzinti/mirak, andromedans. not sure about hydrans - i need the hellbores to simulate tholian netguns.  monster will get a facelift as well.
will take some time to finish all that but whats finished will be released as soon as its ready.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2009, 07:16:28 pm »
And since FASA went under, there's nowhere to get TMP minis :(

I know that is not 100% true. Besides E-bay there are a handful of miniature makers out there making fine TMP ships out of resin rather than lead...

I don't remember where the link was but there is a website that makes FASA ships and even the Abbe class and other TMP ships.

Also check out this too for a range of scales... http://www.starshipmodeler.com/trek/trekscales.cfm

Now, back on topic. How much longer before these get released?

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2009, 09:53:07 pm »
Hmm... I thought this effort was to replace all of the SFC1 ships, and then go from there...

early runabout ment as a fighter replacement model...

What's wrong with the existing one? There seems to be quite a few people who don't like the stock fighter design. Am I alone in thinking it's awesome?

I know that is not 100% true. Besides E-bay there are a handful of miniature makers out there making fine TMP ships out of resin rather than lead...

Well to be honest, Federation Models has a small selection of TMP-era vessles in miniature scale, but none of them are the Consitutiton, Miranda, or Excelsior designs. The Oberth is available on the starshipmodeler site... I think it's like 2 ships for 30$ or so.

At any rate, I look forward to the next show of progress Dogfighter. These models are fun to look at, and I always like seeing what can be done with low-poly work.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2009, 03:55:06 am »
atheorhaven had alot of things to do on the weekends. so not all of the models are converted yet. Be sure kf, as soon as they are ready the models are released. still - they do need scaling and hardpoints once converted to mod format.

i like the stock fighter design alot norsehound. still i somehow cant get used to federation ships spitting out fighters. so i thought an assaultshuttle would be more fitting. however - such a small model is made very easily so no porb to make one. ill see when the starbase is ready.
the fsb was a pita to uvmap but its now in the texturing porocess. its almost done.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2009, 11:22:05 pm »
I do have the ships, but the Children (trying to make it sounds sort of like "Children of the Corn") just left at 600pm and we've just got things back into shape again.  I'll do some quick conversions tonight before bed (this is 4 hrs later) and try to get those across tomorrow afternoon.

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2009, 04:15:37 pm »
Dogfighter, have there been any updates?

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2009, 06:20:48 pm »
Status report please...
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2009, 07:03:09 pm »
Had sent him the original batch of /MODs, not the newer ones.  Will check on the state of those when I get home.  Sorry guys, didn't mean for these to take this long to get out.  :p

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2009, 03:08:51 pm »
Whatever became of the LowPoly models? They were such awesome eyecandy.... :(

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2009, 10:16:49 pm »
Yes these are hot meshes man whats the scoop?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2009, 03:30:39 pm »
Problem has been mostly me with internet/et al issues, plus "honey-do" lists.

Let me look at the state of things, and one way or another, I'll have them to someone on Monday at latest.  :p

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2009, 05:01:23 pm »
Problem has been mostly me with internet/et al issues, plus "honey-do" lists.

Let me look at the state of things, and one way or another, I'll have them to someone on Monday at latest.  :p

oh just use a Dynaverse soon, you will have months to get it done.  ;)
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2009, 11:54:58 am »

Have alot of time at the moment so i reactivated this little project.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 03:12:03 pm by dogfighter »

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2009, 12:43:21 pm »
That's great news! Many of us would love to get our hands on these low poly ships!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2009, 05:55:14 pm »
I like your style
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2009, 12:30:41 am »
Very nicely done.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2009, 10:05:17 am »
What are these? (the highlighted things)
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2009, 11:49:55 am »
that tiny thing at the right to the constitution is a tmp shuttle and the thing below the loknar is a defense satelite or weapons plattform.

i want to do models of scout, destroyer, light cruiser/fregatte,  heavy cruiser, battlecruiser , dreadnought, shuttle,freighter, basestation, starbase, defense platform, repairdock and listening post for al the races.

feds are complete, klingons and romulans still need freighter, basestation, starbase, dock, defense platform, listening post and shuttle.
gorn have battlecruiser and heavy cruiser completed. scout and dreadnought are ready to be mapped. once i finish klinks, roms and gorns ill make some tholians. tholians have scout destroyer and heavy cruiser meshes ready.

way to go. after that i may do lyrans mirak and isc and maybe orions.  well see. i do have some time at the moment so i can do some modeling.  but i want at least the 5 major canon races to be finished soon.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2009, 11:56:17 am »
Best of luck! I understand it is quite an undertaking - I want to make at least a 5 ship fleet for a whole slew of trek races.
Robinomicon

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2009, 07:39:32 am »
I love low poly stuff and this looks great, gets me in the mood to make summat low poly while i wait to deply.. hmm  :)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2009, 07:56:44 pm »
Nicely done ships! I love the idea of having more defense satellites and non-uber ships to play with.

I can't wait to play with these ships.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2009, 05:34:45 am »
thanx folks.  yeah bases and the platforms were always in short suply.  as soon as i finish the klinks and roms il release what i have. it will be a release in lwo format though. as i have no clue about conversion. however i decided to include a fighter model for each race and 2 x ships to make the pack complete. then ill go on with the other races. tholians will be finished soon as they are easy.

i still have no real idea about isc and mirak when it comes to design. i want them to be similar to the taldren ones but with more detail and a bit different with more detail.

if you happen to have designideas about bases and fighters please let me know.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2009, 08:47:11 am »
tholians will be finished soon as they are easy.

i still have no real idea about isc and mirak when it comes to design. i want them to be similar to the taldren ones but with more detail and a bit different with more detail.

if you happen to have designideas about bases and fighters please let me know.

Tholians... The standard uniform TOS/SFB style Tholians or my favoriteTMP Klingon Academy style Tholians? I have a retextured low poly Tholian starbase I need to release using the Klingon Academy Tholian texture set. see this thread here: http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163376906.0.html

Mirak... The Cover of Starfleet Command Empires at War has a higher poly version of the stock Mirak cruiser that has NEVER been made. I asked one of the former Taldren staff a few years back to see is he could dig up the high poly ships Taldren actually made but the specific Mirak cruiser never materialized. At this point anything done for the Mirak will be greatly appreciated.

ISC... I like Thulls' ISC much better than the Taldren ISC, sadly he never finished the whole fleet. Wicked Zombie has a couple of interesting designs he made too.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2009, 04:42:10 pm »
update on the project. still lots of models to do. tholian paintsheme is based on furys models in his threat. the designs are beased on atolms designs as well.

romulan heavy cruiser

all my finished lowpoly models at the moment

romulan freighter

klingon freighter

romulan starbase

tholian destroyer

tholian light cruiser

tholian frigate

tholian heavy cruiser

gorn heavy cruiser basen on the battlecruiser i made earlier

romulan dreadnought

klingon dreadnought

federation defense platform

updated regula type station. my earlier version was very inaccurate

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2009, 05:26:01 pm »
 ;D Okay where are the release links? Nicely done.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2009, 05:48:01 pm »
okay here they are. its in lwo format though.

part 1 is only textures part 2 is 1 model file that contains all models + some more textures.

edit: it uploaded twice. i dont know what caused this. sorry for that.

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2009, 07:23:53 pm »
Dude, stuff is great, would love to see what you could do w/o limiting yourself to polies - it would prolly be amazing :)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2009, 07:27:22 pm »
I love where you've taken things - especially the Roms.

I agree with Tus, I'd love to see what you can do with higher poly limits.

Keep going.
Robinomicon

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2009, 09:07:28 pm »
Well i'm impressed :)
Nicely done mate.  I think I'll steal some of your concepts, and integrate them into something of mine, that is if you don't mind  ::)

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2009, 06:34:24 am »
the Tholians are good fitting designs only texture wise these don't fit the TMP era they look to NX-era like.
some of the Klingons and Romulans are good designs to, especially that Romulan base and i want to ask you if i could use that base design as inspiration for my own Romulan base !?

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2009, 06:41:57 am »
the Tholians are good fitting designs only texture wise these don't fit the TMP era they look to NX-era like.
some of the Klingons and Romulans are good designs to, especially that Romulan base and i want to ask you if i could use that base design as inspiration for my own Romulan base !?

But Tholions are not TMP era.  Good old TOS, and for any race, Tholian designs would be carved in stone.  (actually crystal)
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

intermech

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2009, 12:56:27 pm »
Well done, I like your style!

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2009, 01:53:32 pm »
thanx alot :)

you all can use the models or the designs. :) 

about the tholians. i agree. they do look nx era like. however i tried to come up wit a more crystaline look but it didnt quite work out. so i tried metallic and experimented with colors. but then i saw the pics in furys threat and liked that style alot and so i tried something similar.i may change them later. still some gorns to do and klingon bases and shipyards. not to forget shuttles.

and all the races still lack fighters. i may also do x ships just to complete the pack. something that gives a hint of the lost era. well see.  those are not priority at the moment though. 

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2009, 02:21:51 pm »
about higher poly models..

can someone give me a link to some shematics of the vger probe?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2009, 03:25:46 pm »
The secret to the texture of my tholians isn't quartz or metal. It's Marble
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2009, 10:59:53 pm »
Hey dogfighter,

if there is anything in my thread that you want to remake as low-poly feel free :-)
Robinomicon

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2009, 01:49:44 pm »
thanx fury :) there are some ships id like to remodel in low poly. the betelgeusian for example and the telarites. and your tholian texture style.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2009, 01:57:57 pm »
The OP+ players might be interested in a bunch of low-poly stuff.
Robinomicon