Topic: Lowpoly Model project - pics inside.  (Read 27346 times)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
Re: Lowpoly Model project - pics inside.
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 01:32:09 pm »
.. okay, these are quick and dirty, have no HP's, aren't scaled, etc.. but they're all converted.  The FCL has a problem near the back on the bottom near the impulse engines on one side.. but it's that way as well on the LWO from the looks of it (can I get another LWO for that?)

Break MODS are SFC 1.. I figured that seeing that the mesh is lit with the explosion, that's okay anyways.  Should be ready for HPing and proper scaling.
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 02:27:52 pm »
Great :)  Thanx alot atheorhaven.
wich filenames did you use for the textures? i ask because although i put all my texturefiles into the folder i extracted your models in, the textures dont show up. so the names you gave them while converting must be different from those i used. :)
or went something wrong with the porting of the textures?

ed :)
your sssship iss ssssoft!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 02:53:50 pm »
Great :)  Thanx alot atheorhaven.
wich filenames did you use for the textures? i ask because although i put all my texturefiles into the folder i extracted your models in, the textures dont show up. so the names you gave them while converting must be different from those i used. :)
or went something wrong with the porting of the textures?

I used (as an example) on the FCX:
fcx1.bmp
fcx1i.bmp
fcx2.bmp
fcx2i.bmp

Converting, the file names and material mappings were pulled across, and I pointed Max to the textures, and there you go.

Using these also kind of follows p81's old standard, and might mean that people may be able to mix and match GAFY or other people's textures farther down the road without a whole lot of filename changes.  :)

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 02:58:04 pm »
good idea. that makes modifying the textures easier.
i renamed my texture files to fcx1, fcx1i etc. but the textures dont show up. i tested on both of my pcs but it does not work out. im looking at grey models. i tested the modviewer with other sfc models and they work fine. could it be that the data was lost while packing into the rar archive?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 03:31:11 pm »
good idea. that makes modifying the textures easier.
i renamed my texture files to fcx1, fcx1i etc. but the textures dont show up. i tested on both of my pcs but it does not work out. im looking at grey models. i tested the modviewer with other sfc models and they work fine. could it be that the data was lost while packing into the rar archive?

I don't think so.. tell you what, I'll pack up the entire group and put it up online at my Box.net account in a bit, and will send you the link to it to download once it's up.

Btw, just to show.. the meshes *are* pulling things up in ModViewer.  Am attaching a shot of the FCX as an example.

(edit: check your PMs here, the link is there for you).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 04:36:40 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2009, 03:48:49 pm »
Bump for release info.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2009, 04:05:43 pm »
it will still take a little while. i made some mistakes with the uvmaps of the models. that problem is sorted out by now. the cleaned up models are now in the process of being converted by atherhaven. i hope the cleaned up version will make it easier for him to convert the models.
:)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2009, 04:46:20 pm »
Have the new LWOs downloaded.. will take them home and work on them and try to have them back by Monday..

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2009, 11:27:00 am »
Always worth the wait Atheorhaven!

MORE Gorn ships/bases please dogfighter.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 03:50:56 pm »
will have time to model again this weekend. ill update as soon as i got something new to show.

btw. klingon fanatic: i could need some help with some textures on the federation models. the illumination maps i made dont look too well. especially the spotlights. could you help me out on those please?

ed :D

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2009, 05:07:50 pm »
I'm in the same boat.. last weekend would up being a weekend with us looking after another set of kids in addition to ours, so not much got done.

I have all the meshes converted to .3ds.. just need to now convert them to .MOD

Btw, what needs to be done with the illumination maps besides spotlights?

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2009, 07:01:39 pm »
will have time to model again this weekend. ill update as soon as i got something new to show.

btw. klingon fanatic: i could need some help with some textures on the federation models. the illumination maps i made dont look too well. especially the spotlights. could you help me out on those please?

ed :D

I wish I could be more helpful but Atheorhaven is your best bet for specific light map tweaks. I only do texture kitbashing, LOL.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2009, 03:52:11 am »
I'm in the same boat.. last weekend would up being a weekend with us looking after another set of kids in addition to ours, so not much got done.

I have all the meshes converted to .3ds.. just need to now convert them to .MOD

Btw, what needs to be done with the illumination maps besides spotlights?

i have no kids but once i promised to look after my brothers kids while he and his wife went on a short trip over the weekend - it ended up the kids brought friends and i found myself with 7 kids. they watched cartoons and played - was fun but i had no time to do some paperwork. my flat ended up to look like a warzone because i couldnt keep up with them :)
kids are fun - but they realy do have creative ways to destroy things i considered undestructable. well - i needed a new subwoover anyway.

the illumination maps. well they work but im not very talented when it comes to painting spotlights and so on. the windows are easy but the spotlights on the registries look too....i dont know...they just dont look right. the light is to bright and the rims are to sharp. they are supposed to get a bit faded the farther away they are from the lightsource.  but so far i had no succesfull try to paint that correctly.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2009, 01:05:29 pm »
i have no kids but once i promised to look after my brothers kids while he and his wife went on a short trip over the weekend - it ended up the kids brought friends and i found myself with 7 kids. they watched cartoons and played - was fun but i had no time to do some paperwork. my flat ended up to look like a warzone because i couldnt keep up with them :)
kids are fun - but they realy do have creative ways to destroy things i considered undestructable. well - i needed a new subwoover anyway.

In my case, I had three kids over.. not usually too bad, but one has ADHD and the other two are FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome).  Means the one kid is flying around the room, and the other two are encouraging him to get in trouble because none of them think about it.  :p

It's always a handful, and not a lot gets done...

the illumination maps. well they work but im not very talented when it comes to painting spotlights and so on. the windows are easy but the spotlights on the registries look too....i dont know...they just dont look right. the light is to bright and the rims are to sharp. they are supposed to get a bit faded the farther away they are from the lightsource.  but so far i had no succesfull try to paint that correctly.

All it looks like you need is a fader on them.  Your light source is correct, now you just have to fade them down with the single light source being the brightest point.  You won't get a lot of light diffusion because of no atmosphere, but you also have diffusion just because of distance.  square root law.

I have a few suggestions I can make, and I'll grab a copy of your FCA upper saucer texture to see what I can do to show you.  :)

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2009, 06:16:37 am »
big thank you :) 

one thing id like to know. did the conversion to 3ds work better with the new uvmap? was the only thing i could think of causing the troubles with the textures.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2009, 04:24:36 pm »
Since Drydocks are more or less bases and bases have been asked for: heres the maya fleet repair dock. this was a pita to keep low poly. this version has exactly 1500 trpples including a little workbee flying around in the drydock. the big blocky section still needs texturing otherwise its pretty much finished.

Offline pepperman

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2009, 09:19:50 am »
I am loving the shipyard and would like to port it over to the Armada community once it is finished.  Excellent work!

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2009, 11:33:06 am »
I am loving the shipyard and would like to port it over to the Armada community once it is finished.  Excellent work!
Ditto! This is great quality stuff.

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2009, 04:22:20 pm »
The Maya looks great!  and I'm lovin' the low poly counts.

Great work!

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2009, 04:46:35 pm »
Thanx folks :)

maya klingon brel and sydney class freighter are ready for conversion.
what format does armada use? im willing to share with the armada community but someone of them has to do the conversion to armada format. just pm me.

here are the pics.