Topic: The FoaS release thread.... MY GOD HE ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING!  (Read 14082 times)

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
Re: The FoaS release thread.... MY GOD HE ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING!
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 01:27:34 pm »
I like the work you have done and have a couple of observations. First while I'm all for author cotrole of distrabution please have a backup plan if somthing happens to your site or pc. Over the last few years I'm seen too much great work lost when the persons site went down forever and they were long gone. This is not a gimme statement but more along the lines of mod historic preservation. Second I totaly agree that blanks would be very usefull and I for on wish more people would include them.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 01:48:55 pm »
FoaS, would it be too much to ask for blank textures so some of us could do custom registries?  Just asking.

I think I might be able to accommodate.

I'm also thinkin' I'll add the phaser bulbs after all. They are only 8 or 16 (depending on how I do them) polies. No sweat. Keep an eye here and on the site, i'll notify of the fixed download.

Thanks.   ;D
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 12:19:13 am »
New version of the Churchill is up. It includes a break model and PSD templates, along with a few extras. Read more here: Link
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 06:00:14 am »
 ;D Thank you! The extras are cool too!

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 10:55:52 am »
Thanks KF.

Feel like showing us some screens of it in battle, just for kicks?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 01:10:22 pm »
Very nice thanks for the PSP

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 01:59:03 pm »
No worries, Starfox.

Version 2.0 of the Lexington is now up for grabs (just so you all know, future releases will be of this quality - with the proper hardpoints, the phasers and navlights and the break models).
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 10:07:00 am »
Abbe is up. Use the FCL UI.
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 10:38:06 am »
 ;D Nice! I've been having MAJOR CTD problems trying to get OPPLUS/Enhancement package 5.1 to work on my new PC, so I haven't been taking any in game pictures. During an uninstall of SFC: OP, I lost a custom KA style retextured Tholian Freighter (made by Kthyla and converted by Starforce2 and Atheorhaven). Fortunately, I redid it and I think it came out MUCH better than before. My frustration factor is through the roof now...!@$# VISTA.

My SFC: OP game is up and running and I have all the information I think I need to fix it I've just, temporarily run out of patience.

Back to the Abbe... I had an ancient version of the Abbe that was a Thru deck style auxilliary/strike carrier instead of having torpedo tubes. It was from Chris Jones' TMP mod for SFC EAW. I ended up retexture that and it's up at Battleclinic, IIRC.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 10:43:11 am »
;D Nice! I've been having MAJOR CTD problems trying to get OPPLUS/Enhancement package 5.1 to work so I haven't been taking any in game pictures. During an uninstall I lost a custom KA style retextured Tholian Freighter (made by Kthyla and converted by Starforce2 and Atheorhaven). My frustration factor is through the roof now...!@$# VISTA.

My SFC: OP game is up and running and I have all the information I think I need to fix it I've just, temporarily run out of patience.

Back to the Abbe... I had an ancient version of the Abbe that was a Thru deck style auxilliary/strike carrier instead of having torpedo tubes. It was from Chris Jones' TMP mod for SFC EAW. I ended up retexture that and it's up at Battleclinic, IIRC.

KF

Haha, vista. Vista is exactly what ME was to XP - it was released just to make windows 7 look better. >.<
I'll see what I can do about that strike Carrier varient of the Abbe - shouldn't be hard at all.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009, 03:05:37 pm »
Ulysses is up :-)
Robinomicon

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009, 09:23:54 pm »
;D Nice! I've been having MAJOR CTD problems trying to get OPPLUS/Enhancement package 5.1 to work on my new PC, so I haven't been taking any in game pictures. During an uninstall of SFC: OP, I lost a custom KA style retextured Tholian Freighter (made by Kthyla and converted by Starforce2 and Atheorhaven). Fortunately, I redid it and I think it came out MUCH better than before. My frustration factor is through the roof now...!@$# VISTA.

KF

Windows 7 isn't much better in terms of OP.  You'll still need Win2000/XP if you want to play OP online.  I'm having problems getting OP running in a fresh install of Win7 RC.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2009, 01:17:52 pm »
The Juva-class Betelgeusian Star Cruiser is up for download.

Edit: hey starforce - This one I'll hand to you for conversion to BC - its rather special. Whats the best way to get a file to you?

Double Edit: On second thought - I've removed the register-to-download restriction. Still, if you like something, please leave feedback on the site. Also, please don't upload to mass sites without my blessings.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 01:40:32 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2009, 09:28:42 pm »
if you ever have anything you want me to get, be it a ship, message (or anyone else here so long as it's not BS) starforce2 plus the usual ending for gmail...

I don't often check hotmail since it's basicly a sea of spam anyways, I use it for my ebay and amazon alerts/pm alerts so it may go unchecked for a week...

What type of weapons are on that star cruiser? what color beams ect?

Oh and that abbe...now THAT is what I call a sexy starship.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2009, 09:36:18 pm »
The Juva-class Betelgeusian Star Cruiser is a great addition to SFC: OP.

I have been using it as a M-INT/SFB Juggernaught replacement. It's very fearsome in that role, IMHO.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2009, 08:44:08 pm »
 ;D For some reason, VISTA cloaks my SFC: OP in game pics but if I use Irfanview I can find the *.bmp files and convert them for posting as *.jpgs here. At any rate, here are some in game pics I took before today... Note the last picture that shows the double hexagon phenomenon. This shows some of the "behind the scenes" magic that makes the ships manuever in game.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 09:10:32 pm »
what are the specs on the rigelian...whatever that is lol

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2009, 09:23:29 pm »
what are the specs on the rigelian...whatever that is lol

The Betelguesan ship had no specs with it. I have been using it as a replacement for the SFB Juggernaught/Stock m-int myself.

FoAS here are some more in game pics. Not because I haven't got SFC OP+4.0 to work right, the scale of the ships may be off.

HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2009, 09:49:21 pm »
Nice Screens, KF! Looking sweet :-)

Arcs and basic weapon layouts

Here's the deal with the photon lance. Its acts like a photon torpedo but in beam form with longer range a more power. In OP I have it set up as 1 heavy photon and 2 photons.

Furthermore, due to the limitations in OP, the phasers at the top of the head, and the nacelle strut are merged (the ones on the bottom nacelle strut are ignored).

Hope that helps :-)

Edit:
Hey SF, if you want to be really ambitious, that little craft on the left wing is sort of a PF, could be detached by way of MVAM :-)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 10:02:40 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2009, 10:19:00 pm »
yea I don't know how to do mvam scripts, I stick to standard stuff that everyone can use regardless of mods but if it exsists as a separate model in the download, I can include it for people who want to use it that way.

Edit: Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere else..I didn't see it, but the length of the alien vessel is?

Also, what are the lengths of the 3 feds? It's been so long since I did any of these 3 classes I can't remember and I forgot to note it in my list of ship sizes I have floating around here someplace..