Topic: I have ST Legacy original models  (Read 41631 times)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Re: I have ST Legacy original models
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 11:19:45 pm »
Ok got the pre TOS/TOS Starbases of the Klingons and Romulans out and the Klingon TOS D-7, they need the final touchup and than they are ready to be released.
Still don't know a place where i will upload them, maybe Battleclinic or the SFC3 and A2-files sites  ::)
Make a Legacy model pack for all 3 sites ?  3ds for free program imports and let the users deal with the dds files as they can get free gimp to convert to bmp or whatever.  Just a thought  ;)
Time for life!

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 04:52:43 pm »
Any progress news?

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline MajorRacal

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • MajorRacal's Micro Shipyards
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 05:23:22 pm »
Yes, absolutely, is there any update?  There are few FASA Roms in that game I'd like.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 10:36:22 pm »
Terra,

You are talking about converting stock models, yes? If so, no problem. However, if we are going to convert non-stock stuff, permissions are a must. I don't want to see another inter-game flame war starting up.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 12:38:16 am »
My opinion but i dont think Terra would convert user made models without premissions. Stock converts ? :thumbsup:
Time for life!

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 04:57:18 am »
My opinion but i dont think Terra would convert user made models without premissions. Stock converts ? :thumbsup:

Terra,

You are talking about converting stock models, yes? If so, no problem. However, if we are going to convert non-stock stuff, permissions are a must. I don't want to see another inter-game flame war starting up.

No i don't convert user made work without permission, as i to want to be asked before a conversion of my models.

Any progress news?

Qapla'

KF

Yes, absolutely, is there any update?  There are few FASA Roms in that game I'd like.

i had some trouble to find the textures for the models, as the 3d ripper saves the textures with some odd numbers instead of names and i want to have the original textures for them.

I will release them in single packs for each model, as the original dds textures will make a complete pack that huge and i don't want people with slow connections to have to wait to long, to get only a single model of them.

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 08:08:56 am »
the Romulan Heavy Defender and Battle Hawk models are up and available at Battleclinic  :)

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 08:47:37 am »
Thank you Terradyhne.

More please, LOL.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 10:46:06 am »
Thank you Terradyhne.

More please, LOL.

Qapla'

KF

Now even you want more  :laugh:
and no problem, its for the sake of the good ol Star Trek and its games  ;)

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 01:29:22 pm »
Thats good knews. Are they all going to go up on Battleclinic?

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 02:04:25 am »
yeah they will all be up on Battleclinic  :)

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 01:42:17 pm »
Thats cool I'll DL the station from their whenever you get them ready and put them up. Thanks!

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2010, 04:42:58 am »
the Klingon pre TOS/TOS Base, Mining Station and the third - biggest yard are now available on Battleclinic  :)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2010, 09:34:33 am »
I take it these stations are race-generic?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

intermech

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2010, 10:17:32 am »
i tryed to fuse the bump maps with the normal texture and it looks better than the plain normal one but it just don't look like the ingame model, the color and the metallic look of the NX era is hard to achieve for me.

Instead of fusing the bump map with the normal texture, darken it up so you can bearly tell the difference, and then fuse it with the light map. This is what they did on the X-ships in OP and made them really pop!

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2010, 10:40:36 am »
I take it these stations are race-generic?

No, these stations are all Klingon in Legacy and all are not normally available, only with the stations mod, or they are Mission specific like the mining station.  :)

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 10:48:13 am »
i tryed to fuse the bump maps with the normal texture and it looks better than the plain normal one but it just don't look like the ingame model, the color and the metallic look of the NX era is hard to achieve for me.

Instead of fusing the bump map with the normal texture, darken it up so you can bearly tell the difference, and then fuse it with the light map. This is what they did on the X-ships in OP and made them really pop!

thanx for the advice, i try to darken it.
fusing it with the lightmap will not be that good, as the lightmaps for them are much smaler than the standard maps and this won't look that good.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2010, 11:15:50 am »
If you scale it up with the right algorythm (I Cubic Bilinear or something) then run an emboss filter on it, you could just apply it as a Soft-light or an Overlay.
Robinomicon

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2010, 11:21:39 am »
Thanks for the continued progress news Terradyhne. Now has anybody converted these to .mod format for us non-model makers?

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2010, 11:44:29 pm »
Sweet job Terra  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Time for life!