Topic: U.S.S. Enforcer...  (Read 13430 times)

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
U.S.S. Enforcer...
« on: August 18, 2010, 04:33:12 pm »
Some years ago I tried to kitbash a TNG refit Miranda, but I soon ran into a problem, the parts I wanted just didn't exist!!!

Anyway, things have changed.  I can model from scratch now, more or less.

Anyway, here's the prelim of where my new model stands now.  Not much is different at this point, except the saucer is slightly changed.  The underside doesn't have the same concave curve as TMP Mirandas have, and for good reason.   As the ship progresses, the differences between this ship and TMP Mirandas will become more evident.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
Re: U.S.S. Enforcer...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 08:53:21 pm »
Did the phasers.  I like their placement.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 12:45:39 am »
Break up the phaser strip. 4 sections on the top. Lower looks good . Warps change it from standard  :)
Time for life!

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 01:40:58 am »
Hmmm...4 arrays on the top saucer???  Interesting idea.  I might try it to see how I like it.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 05:58:14 pm »
Ok, I've been kinda busy today taking care of a very sick cat of mine.  But I figured I might as well post some images with lighting applied and with the warp engines I intend to use on the ship.  You can also see some very basic vent intakes, or whatever they are, that are normally found on a Miranda Class.  Gotta work on their detail still.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 09:05:31 pm »
Sweet arse warps  :thumbsup: the noses would rock lit up tng style.   
Time for life!

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 09:24:57 pm »
Sweet arse warps  :thumbsup: the noses would rock lit up tng style.

That's the plan!!!

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 02:34:29 am »
Started on the twin mini deflectors, and the details that go around them.  Not finished yet.  I know alot of people are not gonna like what they see, but hey, this is my ship, and I like it.  :-D

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 06:55:26 am »
Not sure if the Mirandas even had them visible on the outside of the ship.  Either way, these deflectors are new, and when I get around to making the rollbar and it's accessories, a larger deflector pod will be put in place of the old torpedo pod.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 09:51:44 am »
IIRC, the Miranda had something protruding from the top of the primary hull right in front of built up rear hull that looked similar on both sides...  If I had more time I'd look for an image of the Reliant.

Edit: Here, not the best picture but the best I could do in two minutes...
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 10:37:26 am »
Notice that those same assemblys surround the connies deflector on three sides.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 04:47:12 pm »
Well, whatever they are, I'm not including them on the Enforcer.  Mainly cause for me, it's too much trouble.  :-p

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 11:48:03 pm »
Ok, some minor updates.  I've finished adding in the details to those recessed areas where the new twin deflector assemblies are now located, and I've meshed in the shuttlebays.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 11:53:23 pm »
To be honest Damn thats beautifull ! Think about cuting in a shuttlebay more and slaping some bay textures on with a shuttle or 2 inside?   No matter what you do its sweet so far. :thumbsup:
Time for life!

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 02:57:08 am »
Ok, more update.  I've made the pylons.  I haven't made the connecting joint yet where the pylon meets the warp nacelle.  That will come later.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 07:01:41 am »
Very nice work there Centurus.  Looking like a logical upgrade to the Miranda class to Next gen Technology  ;D

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 09:16:44 am »
Then I'm dead on target on my goals for this ship.  :-D

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 09:22:16 am »
Thanks to MeteoraFallen again, I've got impulse engines.  While I would have loved to make the impulse engines exactly as he had designed them, I couldn't.  I'm not quite good enough.  However, I do like what I did come up with, and since the design I went with is very much based on his rough concept sketches, credit goes to him for helping design them.

Here are some renders of the impulse engines.  I added that impulse dome that's traditional of ships this old.

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 11:47:46 am »
Wow! That's looking great!

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 07:58:55 pm »
I was hoping to have kept this ship at around 8 or maybe 9.5k polys, but that's not gonna happen from the looks of it.  The warp engines themselves are each over 2k, and the saucer as it stands now is also around 2k, but I haven't really gotten around the poly chopping it yet.

Also, I have to redesign then ventral phasers, cause of a line of sight issue with the warp engines.