Topic: mackies projects  (Read 47809 times)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
Re: mackies projects
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2011, 08:14:58 pm »
explains why some of the modellers are getting angry again.

Again?  Thought that it some cases, that was a "still".

By the way you will want to fix the light maps on the warp pylons on the first ship

One of us will get it corrected, I'm sure.. ;)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2011, 10:07:11 pm »
Mackie, your stuff is always so cool looking to me, but that "not-Nitrosis" one is just amazing!! Those double struts on the nacelles - so simple but so rarely done... Very cool!

Tip of the hat for these latest!

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2011, 07:32:43 pm »
Beautiful work as always... Thanks guys...

Question, when converting the 3ds to mod, do the ships always come out transparent....

Adam

Your polies are probably inverted, max has a way to fix it but can't remember what it was FOAS?
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2011, 03:49:15 am »
sounds like flipped normals.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2011, 11:15:54 am »
Two methods I know of:
1) If you're in editable poly or editable mesh, selected all the faces and there should be a button in the control bar called "flip" - press it.

2) Add a "normal" modifier. It should flip all the normals.

Now here's the real question. Are ALL the normals flipped or only some?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2011, 12:02:37 am »
Beats me, when I rotate the ship on mod viewer it just looks all funny, how would I go about checking to see if all or some are flipped?

First method sounds simple to do, soon as I go home I'll try it...

Adam

If you see a hollow like effect its reversed/ flipped 
Time for life!

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2011, 04:13:47 pm »
heres a couple of ships ill release sometime soon (or so i hope). ive been really busy this summer working on my car, i have an old 75 dodge dart with a 225 slant 6 engine, the crankshaft rear main seal gave up and pissed away all the oil which caused the engine to overheat real quick and caused all kinds of havoc... somewhat time consuming rebuilding the engine.
I wonder if anyone plays the game these days anymore?

Even if they don't play so much, I do know that apparently we're one of the easier games to port from.  So there's always that as well.  :)

Well you know I'll always be porting...except in the summer. I got some car crap to work on myself. I got a strait 6 that never seems to run right, 2 cb antennas to fix and a tree to remove and most of june felt more like fall except for the 2 100 degree days so everythings been delayed a month lol. I still plan on finishing the rest you gave me over the winter. waiting for the pix to get fixed on filefrotn so when they're released people will actualy download them. Those new bsahes look great too.